Halo 4 E3 Trailer

With so many great games I don't see how anyone could look at a Halo or CoD game and say "Can't wait to buy that again!"

So Microsoft made an Event Horizon video game with Halo characters ... how dull.

I might get in trouble for this but here goes:

Halo on the PC was and is a solid game. The multiplayer was fun as hell. They pulled the nonsense tie in with Vista for part 2 but overall, it's too bad MS is so locked in on their crapbox that they won't at least let titles like these, Gears of War, and others get brought over to the PC at least in the manner the original Halo was. I'd buy those games if they were done well on the PC. YMMV.

Not saying Halo was every terrible. I'm just surprised people don't crave something new. Dishonored looks to blow Halo 4 away IMO.

I still need to get #2 to play on Win7 x64, let alone their probably still haven't released #3 on PC yet.:mad:

Any bets when they will have this on PC?

I'd really like to see Halo 4 on the PC. Enjoyed the first one until Microsoft took it away. :(

There seems to always someone who hates a popular fps just because it is popular. There have been games that are popular to others and I don't seem to find them interesting, but that doesn't mean they are not good.

A lot of the hate around here comes because this is a console game. Sure it isnot everyone's taste but any PC fanboy who hates on Halo (and there are tons of them around here) has also never played Halo since many vow to their dying day that they will never so much as to play a game on a console,

A lot of the hate around here comes because this is a console game. Sure it isnot everyone's taste but any PC fanboy who hates on Halo (and there are tons of them around here) has also never played Halo since many vow to their dying day that they will never so much as to play a game on a console,
I'll try to give a rational explanation as someone who has played FPS on both the PC and the consoles (including all 4 Halo games): The multiplayer (deathmatch) portion of the Halo series on the console is a pale imitation of what has been available at the same time on the PC over the past 10 years. This is mainly due to the concessions needed to use the Xbox controller. Moving around in Halo is like steering a tugboat that happens to dual wield sub-machine guns. The shield exists because it takes your character a full 2 seconds to turn 180 degrees. The rifle-butt move is omni-present for the same reason. Compare the precise control that a mouse gives you to that of mushy of an analog stick and honestly tell me which you would prefer to use in a FPS. Bungie/Microsoft explicitly banned the use of mice with Halo because of the unfair advantage it would give certain players. There are a dozen other reasons I could give but similar to RTS games, the overall experience of playing a FPS on the console is simply less fun. And in the end, that is all that matters.

I don't get it... why arn't the HUDs in the helmets 360 view? What's the point of a HUD if you can't see everything at once?

Boba Fett - Mandalorians in general - knows how to make HUDs!

Because that would require some kind of creativity, which the Halo devs either don't have or don't want to risk because it might alienate the throngs of retards who haven't figured out the "it's an alien/shoot it" template that's rehashed repeatedly for billions in sales.

Halo on the PC was and is a solid game. The multiplayer was fun as hell. They pulled the nonsense tie in with Vista for part 2 but overall, it's too bad MS is so locked in on their crapbox that they won't at least let titles like these, Gears of War, and others get brought over to the PC at least in the manner the original Halo was. I'd buy those games if they were done well on the PC. YMMV.

...I don't get why you'd play Halo on PC when stuff like Quake or Unreal Tournament was available. Halo wasn't original in the slightest way, and it certainly wasn't an improvement.

I tried playing Halo a couple times on friends consoles, and it just felt like a shooter for special needs kids.

...I don't get why you'd play Halo on PC when stuff like Quake or Unreal Tournament was available. Halo wasn't original in the slightest way, and it certainly wasn't an improvement.

I tried playing Halo a couple times on friends consoles, and it just felt like a shooter for special needs kids.

I think the latter part explains the former. The vast majority of people that would get raped by Quake or UT could play Halo without rage quitting. It's a shooter that's set permanently in "I Can Win!" mode.

I think the latter part explains the former. The vast majority of people that would get raped by Quake or UT could play Halo without rage quitting. It's a shooter that's set permanently in "I Can Win!" mode.

What about people who enjoy playing co-op in story mode? Or is PvP all that matters anymore?

I suppose it goes towards modern gamers mindset. You can't be a cynic AND enjoy helping other human beings.

Halo CE was a great game. It had incredibly well balanced weapons and multiplayer maps.

The problem is that the sequels have absolutely sucked, and they just keep trying to rehash the same damn game from 2001 over and over again.

The problem is that the sequels have absolutely sucked, and they just keep trying to rehash the same damn game from 2001 over and over again.

Same as every other studio and developer out there. Not sure why people are continually surprised by this.

Can't wait, love this game for the gameplay and the story. Also, the graphics look great.

LOL at all the "graphics sux! Crysis looks better. BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm a 1337 PC studmuffin" posts.

Yeah? Play it on seven year old hardware at 1080p and get back to us, Melvin.

Jesus H Fucking Christ on a moped with RPG, you guys are a bunch of fucking whiners.

What about people who enjoy playing co-op in story mode? Or is PvP all that matters anymore?

I suppose it goes towards modern gamers mindset. You can't be a cynic AND enjoy helping other human beings.

You've got to be kidding.

I'm kind of surprised that they're actually releasing a version for the PC. Of course,I don't expect anything more than a godawful console port.

Wait, they are making Halo 4 for PC? or are you talking about Halo 1 and 2 using future tense...?

The problem I have with this is the same problem I have with Bioshock after the first.

Its a story that is over! Sure my buddy that has read like all the book will probably explain it to me but I just don't get it.

()()()Spoilers?()()()
The planet on the Halo 3 insane ending looked completely metal, no vegetation, it was also mostly blue... just like most forerunner technology.

We already went through Cortana and her supposed meltdown, shouldn't she be more than 8 years old too? This I will have to check on

Introduction of "new weapons in a really cheesy way and then they end up being rehashes of old weapons.

Not to mention, hey my armor is completely different and I haven't been near a service station oh yeah and what sustained me all this time?

()()()()()()

I need a good story, I'm not going to multi-player at all, I need it to make sense of what I've known before.

Its like "The legend of Kora" there are just so many things about that show that don't make sense, but that's a completely different issue.

I'm not sure what's all the hate for console FPS games in general. The only thing I credit Halo with is popularizing it on consoles, but even then, that was really Goldeneye that did it. The two stick system takes getting used to, but I've mastered it on UT3 to the point where if I'm playing with bots below Godlike, it's not really a challenge anymore. It just takes tweaking and increasing sensitivity to go from PC to console FPS games.

However, it's obvious that console FPS games are to blame for some things. Battlefield 3 on the Xbox was pretty blowful, and Crysis 2 wasn't anywhere near the quality of game as the first, and in fact I find it hard to believe they are the same game series.

Honestly, that's not why I hate Halo, however. I hate it because a lot of the weapons are innaccurate or just not powerful enough to bother using. Also, Master Chief never achieved any kind of personality I could figure out, and he looks like the doom guy with armor for his arms. I didn't care for the idea of a suit of armor that could somehow survive re-entry with the occupant unharmed (happened multiple damn times BTW), but would be helpless against the butt of the rifle. They then pulled out every cliche they could find for sci-fi, and sometimes even ideas ripped from poorly written fan-fiction (enemy in a flying vehicle swoops in unnoticed, snipes ONE member of the team in Halo Reach and flies off without firing another shot or being shot down). Co-op was something I did want to see more often, though, so at least that was appreciated.

Am I the only one that noticed the voices weren't right for Master Chief and Cortana?

Did I miss something? They are very noticeably wrong to me, and with Master Chief's voice being the only true distinguisher for the character (otherwise just any guy in a suit of armor) I think this sort of ruins the whole thing.

I have his voice burned into my brain with the words, "Wake me, when you need me."

Maybe it's because there was too much dialog between the two characters? I dunno, it definitely sounded like Steve Downes and Jen Taylor to me, but a little too chatty. Keep in mind that in the first three games MC rarely spoke and I think only during cutscenes. I had the same feeling when using his voice in Reach's Firefight mode.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure I like seeing the little window on the screen showing Cortana's or that captain's avatar. Seems like unnecessary clutter to me.

Am I the only one that noticed the voices weren't right for Master Chief and Cortana?

Did I miss something? They are very noticeably wrong to me, and with Master Chief's voice being the only true distinguisher for the character (otherwise just any guy in a suit of armor) I think this sort of ruins the whole thing.

I have his voice burned into my brain with the words, "Wake me, when you need me."

No you aren't! I wateched it once right before I went to sleep and thought it was me. Cortana's voice seemed correct but I think what she was saying was off. A few things the Chief said were correct but when he said "we need to move" it didn't seem right... that and the fact of who is he talking to? She is in his head and usually has to be given control if she wants to move him.

I must be getting old, I don't find anything that disastrous about the Video :confused: , it may not be the best, but I can't really understand the hate, makes me want to stop reading especially when all the comments I see are about graphics,lol

I have played Halo and it sucks ball in fact I end up playing it alot because that is the only game some of my console noob friends will touch since they freak out at how much faster and more tracking the mouse provides.

It is hilarious to sit them down at a PC with battlefield 3 watch them be stunned by the graphics then watch as they franticly so stuff console noobs do stop moving look around with the view flying all over the place and ending up in the sky they cant fucking control and try to play it like they do with slow ass crap analog stick that cant track worth crap.

I have a all 3 console they are cheep as fuck to get and I have played these games and I cant say they suck balls compared to a real PC with a mouse and I can pay the stupid analog stick game just fine its not that hard compared to a real Pc first person shooter these console noobs ones are baby toys.

Is the other way around console noobs dont know anybody and dont know jack about first person shooters on the PC and think there old ass console games look good like the crap port of battlefield 3 or crysis games.

In fact you can view my halo record here that has every game of halo I ever played listed on it

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Cube X

OH and you can also see the big ass console noob hit noobs and auto aiming the games have because of the crap analog stick I have sniper head shots where the bullet goes right past the dudes head yet I still got kills.

Maybe it's because there was too much dialog between the two characters? I dunno, it definitely sounded like Steve Downes and Jen Taylor to me, but a little too chatty. Keep in mind that in the first three games MC rarely spoke and I think only during cutscenes. I had the same feeling when using his voice in Reach's Firefight mode.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure I like seeing the little window on the screen showing Cortana's or that captain's avatar. Seems like unnecessary clutter to me.

I dont think I will be a big fan of that avatar either. I kind of enjoyed having cortanas voice follow me around with no video of her.

I was talking about the single-player campaigns. "I Can Win!" is Wolfenstein 3D's easy difficulty level. Wolfenstein 3D had no multiplayer whatsoever. You did not catch this, so I must assume you're not well versed in old-school games and how much more difficult they are in comparison to modern games which practically hold your hand the entire way.

I was talking about the single-player campaigns. "I Can Win!" is Wolfenstein 3D's easy difficulty level. Wolfenstein 3D had no multiplayer whatsoever. You did not catch this, so I must assume you're not well versed in old-school games and how much more difficult they are in comparison to modern games which practically hold your hand the entire way.

Wow, this post certainly doesn't contain any elitist PC gamer drivel at all. :rolleyes:

Did you at least try playing Halo on Legendary? How about with all the skull modifiers ON (though I can't remember if the first game came with skulls)?

Back