Halo 3 IGN review Out!

haha. i was just coming here to post. 9.5!

without seeing the review, 9.5 doesn't surprise me. The amount of hype, no way MS could allow it to be negatively reviewed.

And yes, i'm saying what you think i'm saying.

WOW IGN is slow right now...

9.5... good... looks like that endless supply of advertising and hyping the game up still didn't make it perfect though... :D

WTF, the Arbiter's story got sidelined? That's seriously depressing.

WTF, the Arbiter's story got sidelined? That's seriously depressing.

As far as I can tell, the arbiter still plays a part in Halo 3. Doesn't look like you play as him, but that doesn't mean you don't finish his story.

As far as I can tell, the arbiter still plays a part in Halo 3. Doesn't look like you play as him, but that doesn't mean you don't finish his story.

Somebody gets to play as him if you do the 2 to 4 player co-op though.

Wow...really tearing the reviews up.

Guess I'm obligated to go pick this up over my lunch break on Tues. I've got like 4 games I'm trying to finish right now, damnit! :D

I guess having too many fun things to do is hardly a bad thing.

without seeing the review, 9.5 doesn't surprise me. The amount of hype, no way MS could allow it to be negatively reviewed.

Sony hyped lair to high hell, and has billions of dollars just like MS. Why weren't they as clever to "buy" a review higher than a 4 or whatever they gave lair?

That's right, because "lolol M$ paid for teh review" takes a lot less thought to just post.

Yes Microsoft bought the reviews.

If buying reviews was possible, then EA, Sony, and Nintendo would all do it. Whatever guys.

or maybe it is actually an improvement over the last 2? Have you played it ? no, didnt think so.

i hated the first 2, but this one actually has my attention.

looking at some of the screens though WOW they need to add some AA SOOOOOOOOOOO many jaggies!!

halo-3-20070923023349398.jpg

i can read fine....MS bought off IGN, possibly, but it seems more that people simply cant accept that Halo 3 could be a move away from the last 2 that were pure garbage and crap and over rated.

Halo 3 has a big job ahead of it's self to earn a good reputation and put Halo in a good light, if possible, if they fail, they might as well ditch the Halo series.

or maybe it is actually an improvement over the last 2? Have you played it ? no, didnt think so.

i hated the first 2, but this one actually has my attention.

looking at some of the screens though WOW they need to add some AA SOOOOOOOOOOO many jaggies!!

halo-3-20070923023349398.jpg

wow you just don't get it.:rolleyes:Its not all about graphics. Halo 1-2 were great games because they were fun to play and CO-OP is something that has tons of replay. Halo 3 looks to be more of the same with better production values and a stronger online component. Not everyone is graphic whores

wow you just don't get it.:rolleyes:Its not all about graphics. Halo 1-2 were great games because they were fun to play and CO-OP is something that has tons of replay. Halo 3 looks to be more of the same with better production values and a stronger online component. Not everyone is graphic whores

No, you just don't get :rolleyes:. It's not all about graphics, but that does not change the fact that graphics are a key component. Nearly every gaming publication out there has graphics as a major score determining factor, and the same applies to Halo 3. Besides, he wasn't really bashing, more or less stating the obvious. The game lacks AA, you can't deny that, nor can you deny the fact that the game would be better if it had it. He did not say the game was going to suck ass because of it... quite the opposite really, I can pretty clearly read that the game is on his radar, regardless of the lack of AA. I think maybe it's time you pull the thumb out of your ass.

all 360 games have forced 2xaa

I can't find anything that supports that claim, but thats not to say its not true. Regardless, it could have afforded to have a bit more. I'm hoping at 1080p it won't really matter... I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Then your saying that you wish that Microsoft would replace Master Chief with Chuck Norris? Cool. I'm for it.

Who said i was a graphics whore? i was commenting on what i saw, i am far from a graphics whore with my 7600GT in my rig, ya graphics whore thats me, you got me! you found out my big secret! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i dont judge games on graphics, i didnt like the first 2 because the MP was boring, gameplay was slow and bulky, maps were empty and boring.

Fine you can be a graphics whore and not enjoy halo 3 while the rest of us will :rolleyes:

Can you not read? Not a single person said that they will not enjoy the game because of its graphics. That doesn't mean it couldn't look better, and a better game because of it. I really don't know why this is such a tough concept for you to grasp.

The logic and embedded DRAM on the daughter die is what allows the Xbox 360 GPU to essentially offer "free" anti-aliasing, which Microsoft enforces through requiring developers to support a minimum of 2X AA in all Xbox 360 titles. Although we were originally told back at E3 that all Xbox 360 titles would support 4X AA, it seems that the statement has since been revised to 2X or 4X AA. We're not certain why the change was made, as 2X and 4X are both effectively "free" on the GPU, but there may be something we're missing.

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610&p=8

But every single 360 game released has at least 2x aa, how is that theoretical?

Seems like when the X360 has performence issues IGN doesnt make a big issue about it. Says Halo 3 has a few parts where the fps would drop, but it didn't reflect in points. Yet if PS3's has some performence issues IGN takes off points. Just like the game DiRT. X360 has the same amount of points as the PS3's, although it doesn't run as well as it does on the PS3. I think IGN is a bit biased.

Tired of hyped up games being highly rated because of pay offs. We need some real reviews that are down to earth and not just fanboys praising it and not looking at the real pros and cons. Some one should make a real review comparing the game to other shooter games even if its on the pc and other platforms. Too much bias to me in a lot of the reviews. The only way i trust some of the reviews today is to actually try the games for a rental these days it seems like.

This thread has gone as expected. To say the least. It has good reviews across the board. I don't even have a 360 but have played through both of them. Can i get a stfu fanboys? STFU!

Go play lair! :D

You haven't shown proof of that yet. All you've shown is an explanation of the GPU that stated it will offer 2x - 4x AA free and that games would require 2x ( already revised down from 4x). Anandtech is usually a reliable source, but excuse me for not taking a pre-release article as gospel. Do you have any post-launch, official statement from Microsoft that shows all games use 2X AA?

This is simply not true, you only need to look at certain games such as Nascar 08 to see that there is no way that AA is being applied (at least whilst racing). Im using Nascar as an example, because when i downloaded the demo of it, it was very very obvious that it lacked any.

There are other games which also have jaggies from a lack of AA, if you play them, you will see and before anybody mentions it, this is on full retail versions, not just from the demos i have downloaded on xboxlive.

Seems like when the X360 has performence issues IGN doesnt make a big issue about it. Says Halo 3 has a few parts where the fps would drop, but it didn't reflect in points. Yet if PS3's has some performence issues IGN takes off points. Just like the game DiRT. X360 has the same amount of points as the PS3's, although it doesn't run as well as it does on the PS3. I think IGN is a bit biased.

Yes, it's a big conspiracy. How devilishly clever of you to have figured it out.

Back