[H]ot!!!! Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 for $0.13 / year!

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
DEAD

Via SlickDeals.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/88890/bitdefender-bitdefender-internet-security-2013-1user1year

It has been confirmed that purchased keys will not expire unless activated, so you can just keep them in a safe place and apply a new one as they expire.

*Thanks to compslckr for the tip* - You can add more than one key to your account to add time to your subscription. To do this, simply click where it says "365 days left" at the bottom of the Bitdefender window after you get everything set up. Once there you can copy/paste another key and add it to your account. It should now show you have "730 days left." According to Viper87227, this may be done for up to 3 years. Don't try to go over 3 years since it apparently activates your key but does not add time.

I purchased 20 keys for myself and family members for $2.60. Paid with PayPal and got an instant email with all 20 keys.

REMEMBER TO DISABLE AUTO-RENEW!!!!!!!!! If you don't do this you're going to get hit with a $50 fee at the end of the year for every key you purchase. (I was scheduled to be charged $1000 in a year for my 20 keys).

Edit:
After browsing the whole SD thread, it appears that active license keys can be upgraded to future versions (ie. 2014) for free as well.

Last edited:
In for ten :) make sure to disable auto renew or you get hit with a $50 dollar renew fee (each license) at the end of the year:eek:
thanks op

Thanks. I have been using kaspersky for the past 3 years. I dont mind using bit defender one bit if its just as good and cheaper than kaspersky AR since I have to pay like $5 in taxes and stamps anyways.

Under mine during the point where I fill out payment information it says "You will be charged 49.95 USD"

Edit : NM it worked finally , I had to re-add it a bunch of times. I bet its a cart error and not an intentional discount so HURRY HURRY!!

Last edited:
Under mine during the point where I fill out payment information it says "You will be charged 49.95 USD"

Edit : NM it worked finally , I had to re-add it a bunch of times. I bet its a cart error and not an intentional discount so HURRY HURRY!!

Yea, I dont really know but some one on SD said they talked to a rep and they said the keys wont expire until you activate them and after that its 1 year from that date.

Is this antivirus any good? Does it slow down your computer?

Bitdefender is one of the best at detection. PC World rated it very highly because it found virus/trojan software more frequently than many other popular Anti-Virus software suites.

At $0.13 , what do you have to lose honestly? Its cheaper than a stick of bubble gum.

Lol Thanks OP!!! I just purchased a 100 copies, LOL I have no clue when of what I am going to use them for but for $13 I couldn't resist.

You guys sure you can activate a new copy next year? Hmmmmm

You can add all your keys at once if you want. It will keep increasing the "time left" counter.

I added 2 years on my PC with no problem. I am sure you could add more.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to install the software. It's got the scanning downloading and installing screen up but the bars aren't moving at all.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to install the software. It's got the scanning downloading and installing screen up but the bars aren't moving at all.

It takes sometime. Its checking for the latest versions of its own software. Just wait. It'll finish.

In for ten :) make sure to disable auto renew or you get hit with a $50 dollar renew fee (each license) at the end of the year:eek:
thanks op

You sure?

I've poked through all the settings both in the program and in the online dashboard... I can't find a thing that suggests it will auto-renew.

You can add all your keys at once if you want. It will keep increasing the "time left" counter.

I added 2 years on my PC with no problem. I am sure you could add more.

Thanks for the tip. I just added one of the other keys to my account, and it now says I have 730 days left on my subscription. I'll add it to the OP.

Hell of a deal as long as they don't cancel your codes.

You sure?

I've poked through all the settings both in the program and in the online dashboard... I can't find a thing that suggests it will auto-renew.

If you paid through Paypal it has set up an auto renew subscription that you need to cancel via Paypal. If you paid by credit card you set up an auto renew subscription that you need to cancel with the vendor. Instructions are in the Slickdeals thread posted above.

Hell of a deal as long as they don't cancel your codes.

I think that is unlikely. AV companies routinely give away a free year or free year after MIR in order to get customers to try their product and hope they continue down the road. Bitdefender just roped in 1,000s of potential new customers that probably would not have purchased their product at full price.

I bought 50. I figure I can keep myself protected... forever and can give some to my parents/friends as needed. Thanks OP.

Thanks for the tip. I just added one of the other keys to my account, and it now says I have 730 days left on my subscription. I'll add it to the OP.

FYI, you can only do this three times. I used four codes, and my sub time still stayed at 1095 days, but it still updated the license to the fourth code.

If you paid through Paypal it has set up an auto renew subscription that you need to cancel via Paypal. If you paid by credit card you set up an auto renew subscription that you need to cancel with the vendor. Instructions are in the Slickdeals thread posted above.

^ For anyone wondering why this seems 'cheap' - its for the privilege of getting their hooks into unsuspecting suckers' auto renews because statistically not everyone will be paying attention at the end of the term to cancel in time

There's always an angle.

I can't seem to find the option to turn off auto-renew :confused:

edit; found it

Last edited:
In for 5. Disabled Auto-renew in PayPal.... Good to go...
Now if only there wasn't 5 million people trying to download it now, it would be great!!!! Slower than turtle shit....:cool:

I didn't use paypal, but the auto-renew website was on the order details page under the "your products" tab or something similar.

Anyone using this on Win8?

I am using it on Win8. Haven't had any issues yet, but it's only been a few hours lol. Some people on SD are saying Auto Updates cause freezing in Win8...others say it's fine. If you're worried about freezing, apparently turning off Auto Update fixes it. Personally, I'm keeping it on until something actually happens. Maybe an update fixed the problem others were having.

^ For anyone wondering why this seems 'cheap' - its for the privilege of getting their hooks into unsuspecting suckers' auto renews because statistically not everyone will be paying attention at the end of the term to cancel in time

There's always an angle.

While that may be true this Anti-Virus software comes highly recommended and even if Its $50 a year I would rather pay for software that is more likely catch exploits/viruses/trojans than something free that doesn't catch them as frequently. Its not like this is junk software sold via infomercials at 3am on Sunday morning.

I've had more problems with the free Microsoft Anti-Virus software then I'm will to even begin discussing.

One feature about Bitdefender that appeals to me is that when I boot up a game it goes into game mode and turns off active scanning , preventing an issue common place with running active anti-virus scanning software and gaming at the same time. Now while you can disable active scanning in any anti-virus software suite virtually , having it do so automatically makes it just that much easier.

SO yea at $0.13 per year for up to 3 years of coverage .. they can put their "hooks" into me.

I don't know what I'll do with 30 keys but for less $5, I'll think of something!

Thanks OP!!!!

I paid with paypal and cant seem to find the place to disable auto renew...

im on secure.avangate.com/myaccount/ and dont see anywhere where i can cancel the auto renew

Can't find Profile > My Money > My Preapproved Payments

-----------------

NM found it on the paypal site. I was looking at the wrong site -_-.

Paypal is saying there's a hold. I paid with a paypal balance that was good. Maybe they are flagging payments to Bitdefender?

Back