[H]oard members getting eVGA bucks?

after today and tomorrow we'll definitely have a real good idea where the bucks program sits on ramping their PPD.

I mean, it wasn't like the last 2 months were any indication....

Also lol @ this gem on the first page

Personally, I wish that this one team helping another team just to hold on to the #1 or any other seat/position would stop NOW. I just don't think it's right because whoever can beg borrow buy or steal the most members wins. That is underhanded bull and not right in my opinion. Each team should stand on its own legs alone. Not someone else's at the same time. I think it cheapens the whole concept of teams. That's my 2 cents and I am not open to argue it with anyone.

Connie

2 words bwm. "Evga Bucks"

Wholeheartedly agree.
I wish ATi would get their heads out of their asses, get that OpenCL client done, and give us all reason to buy their cards in the future instead of nVidia's. As it is - we're screwed, there's no choice. If you fold, you buy green. Sad but true. :(

Honestly i'm holding out for that. I am currently stuck doing [H]ard|Commando work right now because I can't fold on my 5850. I honestly think if a valid ATi client is released in the near future (less than 1-2 months after eVGA overtake) we can catch them again and take the #1 spot.

Last edited:
"Its time, FOR AN ENEMA!!!!!!!!!!" -Jack Nicholson ("Batman")

Honestly i'm holding out for that. I am currently stuck doing [H]ard|Commando work right now because I can't fold on my 5850. I honestly think if a valid ATi client is released in the near future (less than 1-2 months after eVGA overtake) we can catch them again and take the #1 spot.

I said something to this accord a while back. Seeing how the majority of our members are gaming oriented, and the last cycle of gaming-oriented video cards went red, if an ATi/AMD client was released and was nearly equivalent to the current GPU client, I could see our points easily ramping up. The number of people who went from green to red before Fermi came out was amazing.

I just don't think it's right because whoever can beg borrow buy or steal the most members wins.

When evga starts crying and posts things like this, this is why everyone gets so pissed at you. Just want to point out that is 10 shades of hypocrit right there. I'm so damn pissed off right now I can't even conjure a logical argument with yelling my ass off at how childish and blind all your answers to well thought out arguments are. Ug! It's like arguing with a 10yr old. People present all the facts in a nice collected and orderly manner, just for you guys to go wahhh and answer with some off the wall nonsense. You're pretty new on the scene as one ofthe top teams, and it's funny how whenever any of the other 9 teams does anything to eachother it's nothing but fun. Then the kids move in the neighborhood, start stinking the place up saying it's not fair for them, and writing graffitit (ads/promotions) all over while living off the success of daddy's money

grrrr, this is my angry folding face ....
Need to clean the AR today, need to go to the range now, squeeze off a few hundred rounds then come home and make something in my house fold harder...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

lol vaulter

just keep the ar pointed down range, ok bud?

I need to find an old TV or monitor. Combine that with spray paint cans and tracers, and youll have an eventful night

I like how he/she says "I'm not open to argue it with anyone". Well you really can't argue EVGA bucks because the program still exists. So~ -1 for you. :p

And whomever said their forum software sucks - hell yeah to that. Yeesh. :rolleyes:

They are like the emo kids of the block. They do what they can with their parents money so people will pay attention to them, then all of a sudden when people look at them and see what they are they go all kiddy on us

... thats it, leaving to shoot something.. be back in a few hundred rounds

I need to find an old TV or monitor. Combine that with spray paint cans and tracers, and youll have an eventful night

I have as of right now an antique 17 inch IBM monitor and a slightly newer 17 inch Viewsonic monitor(all of them are CRT's) out in storage. I'm getting ready to dump them in the trash in a few weeks as CRT's have no right to exist anymore.

Next time you are in town, you can have them if you want to shoot them up. The IBM has a bad switch, but the Viewsonic still works perfectly if anyone around Cincinnati wants it.

They are like the emo kids of the block. They do what they can with their parents money so people will pay attention to them, then all of a sudden when people look at them and see what they are they go all kiddy on us

... thats it, leaving to shoot something.. be back in a few hundred rounds

I think we need to meet up for a weekend some time.

You bring the AR I'll bring the SKS.

I've got a few items for target practice too :D

Just went over there to read what going on and there is some funny stuff there!

Ugh, another head hurting thread.

I would be nice if my EVGA compatriots could make an argument without putting their feet in their mouths in the process.

I would be nice if my EVGA compatriots could make an argument without putting their feet in their mouths in the process.
But then... they wouldn't be evga ;)

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Eneman!

eneman.jpg

My eyes hurt every time I go over there and try and read something.....

owwww.

Ugh. I got sucked into posting over there. I tried to resist, but couldn't.

Shame on me.

Hardware brand fanboys are bad enough, but paying them to participate in a CHARITY cause is simply disgusting.

I think we have the same problem sometime. But it make for good entertainment.
I just thought is was funny! I'm not going to get in the middle of this one!!

Eminem? eww.. :eek:

You might be surprised how talented that guy is. I think his music is crap, but he definately has a very unique style. I don't even know if there have been other white rappers that have been as successful as him.

I like how drougnor turned defensive against the point being made.
Go ahead boys and girls, plenty of feet and mouths to go around.

Even if it does, they can add millions witin their own, bucks or not, so why can't we? Either way you look at it, their wrong in their arguments

Sweet! I love that dual G34 system of yours. It is my dream system. Out of curiosity, what did you eventually end up going with to cool it? Last I heard, you were using those big copper heat sinks with custom mounted fans and you were having trouble with the cpus throttling due to heat.

I also think that you are right that Shane is playing mind games with us as I seriously doubt anyone here has been folding for eVGA. Except for Parja that is.

I ended up getting two SNK-P0043P Supermicro heat sinks @ 2U form factor and put the 92mm CM Blade Master fans on them with double sided tape. Temps never exceed 50 celsius with the fans on auto, and never over 41 with the fans on full blast.

The chips actually weren't throttling due to heat as I found out later. The BIOS was buggy and whenever I turned node interleaving on in the BIOS the server would crash any where from 2 days to 2 minutes while folding.

The problem was, without node interleaving folding would slow down to 75% speed. Then at the beginning of the month they released a (new) BIOS 0606, and this fixed the issue and the box is super stable. She's coming back online tonight in her new ATCS 840 because the Lian Li PC-P80 became the home for my new SR-2 set up.

Here's the scary part: One of my team mates on my other (++++) folding team picked up two ES Opteron 6168s and overclocked them to 2.8 Ghz, and then running just -smp 21 (ie. not full -smp 24) was getting 78K PPD on a P2685.

With -smp 24 he'd probably get 82 or 83K. Imagine these things at 3.2 or 3.3 Ghz, probably get close to 90 - 100K PPD. :eek:

Damn!

does that peak coincide with their time zone challenge?

Yes the jump from 8 million to 11 million coincided with the time zone challenge. There were almost 800 thousand in bigadv drops within the first hour of the tzc from just the members participating in the challenge

I ended up getting two SNK-P0043P Supermicro heat sinks @ 2U form factor and put the 92mm CM Blade Master fans on them with double sided tape. Temps never exceed 50 celsius with the fans on auto, and never over 41 with the fans on full blast.

The chips actually weren't throttling due to heat as I found out later. The BIOS was buggy and whenever I turned node interleaving on in the BIOS the server would crash any where from 2 days to 2 minutes while folding.

The problem was, without node interleaving folding would slow down to 75% speed. Then at the beginning of the month they released a (new) BIOS 0606, and this fixed the issue and the box is super stable. She's coming back online tonight in her new ATCS 840 because the Lian Li PC-P80 became the home for my new SR-2 set up.

Here's the scary part: One of my team mates on my other (++++) folding team picked up two ES Opteron 6168s and overclocked them to 2.8 Ghz, and then running just -smp 21 (ie. not full -smp 24) was getting 78K PPD on a P2685.

With -smp 24 he'd probably get 82 or 83K. Imagine these things at 3.2 or 3.3 Ghz, probably get close to 90 - 100K PPD. :eek:

Damn!
How did he oc?

Back