[H]ard|OCP Cooling Editor Wanted

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I am looking for someone in the Dallas-Ft Worth area that has extensive experience with all types of computer cooling techniques, evaluation, and is a proficient writer. Mail me at [email protected] if you meet these requirements and would be interested in our team.

Yeah, same here. I would be all over this opprotunity if it wasn't for living roughly 800 miles away. Oh well. Good luck to whoever gets the position. Does this mean [H] is going to start doing heatsink reviews again. There have been alot of water reviews, but the last heatsink review was probably in the summer of 2002. I cannot remember reading one in a long time.

Hmmm... I wish I could say I had extensive experience with ALL types of cooling, but I have never experienced evaporative cooling in respect to computers.

Proficient writer? yes. Dallas? well, if you consider Las Vegas to be in the area, then heck yeah!

:eek:

Codegen said:
Well, I'd be somewhat skilled. But If you consider Quebec Dallas,

I hear ya.....it sux that I'm so far "out of range" because I think this'd be a really nice "fit" for me. ;)

I vote for Corn getting the postition, you can just mail him whatever coolers he's gonna use :) The postal service is such a modern day marvel.... :D

*hopes the ocp starts doing heatsink reviews, would defiantely help me out*

deeppow said:
Hummm and here I thought that because I could co-author technical papers with folks in England, France, Germany, Slovinia, Italy and Japan among others that the world had grown smaller. Trying to save postage Kyle? :)
When my shipping bill got into the 5-digit range a couple years ago, and turn around times on reviews started to suffer because of shipping tons of shit back and forth, I decided to go local.

So yes, you are right. But having a shipping bill of over $15,000 a year sucks.

GL to the person that gets the job. It would be a great position if I didnt live like so many others just a little too far away :)

You know, if I lived in Dallas, and if I had experience with computer cooling techniques and evaluation... And if I were a proficient writer... I'd be all over this! ;)

I am in Arlington, Texas and I was an a/c and heating technician's assistant for about 4 years, a computer enthusiast and I know how to heat things up :eek: . I'm also an english minor... I've never used phase change-type systems nor have I used a water cooling system but I'd say my a/c & heating experience quite mkes up for all that...

I dunno o.o; maybe that's just me. If you want me to apply despite my specific "inexperience" I'd be glad to.

~Adam

I think everyone would love this job, despite the fact that it is actually work.
GL to whomever get this.
cisco

i may be a noob to the forums but ive been watercooling going on 5 years, ive had sufficient experience with the mach 1 and 2 and made my own, i havent tried liquid nitrogen but id love to some day. i live in the middle of denton, i also have a friend who works for a large refrigeration company called reliant sales inc, hes working on making a dual evap cooling system for right around 200 dollars. if i fit the bill id love to hear from you.

I've decided to toss my name in for better or worse, resume away.

I've got the interest, location, and time. The rest remains to be weighed.

Now for some WoW.

deeppow said:
Trying to save postage Kyle? :)
No, trying to save gas. ;)

If you're in the DFW area, he won't have to drive so far to put his foot in your ass to "motivate" you.

Well bring something over let me review it and write an artical, I'll let you decide if I can handle it. PM me let me know

Dambit!!!

Two strikes against me applying for it....

1. I live in Cali ;(
2. Only done high end air cooling.

Three positive points

1. I live in the heart of Silicon Valley (AMD, Intel and Nvidia are within 5 minutes of me as well as SVC being only 15 min away, good place for supplies).
2. I'm a machinist, can make my own damn cooling solutions!!! ;)
3. umm shit I fergot the 3rd one..... (wait just remembered, can give Steve a new layout and design for Hypothermia!!!) :D

FrizzleFried said:
Being that it would be an ARTICLE that you would write, I think you fail bro....

Forums = no spell check

MS Word = spell check

A true journalist does not rely on technology to craft his/her art....that said, some of the finest authors in the world can't spell for squat and have some of the worst grammar....but as one well known author once said, "Thats what editors are for!"

I'd be interested, and I don't live TOO far away (NE KS), but I don't think I'd be willing to relocate to Dallas :(. Unless the pay was uber, that is :p

I hope whoever gets the job can write in English with the proper punctuation and spelling. Not a 'Hooked-on-Phonics' graduate. :eek:

Stinky

It'll be pretty hard to find someone who is qualified for the job. Most of these people couldn't write a good review on a product if their lives depended on it. Then there is the problem with most people not being able to spell worth a damn or even put together a decent sentence. I personally wouldn't want anyone that I find annoying to be writing the reveiw anyways so that rules out corn. Just my 2 cents :D

Tunabow said:
It'll be pretty hard to find someone who is qualified for the job. Most of these people couldn't write a good review on a product if their lives depended on it. Then there is the problem with most people not being able to spell worth a damn or even put together a decent sentence. I personally wouldn't want anyone that I find annoying to be writing the reveiw anyways so that rules out corn. Just my 2 cents :D
I wrote several console hardware reviews over on experiencegaming.com. That's about it, unfortunately. Er...well...is this a paying job? If you were to accept me, Kyle, I could probably pay shipping myself. :/

15k shipping? Damn...that's a bitch

Back