[H]ard Midnight Opening?

EQTakeOffense

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know about anyone else, but the suspense is killing me! Anyway we could get the [H]ard Review at midnight tonight? Almost like a midnight selling of XBOX360/PS3/Wii :confused:

i second this motion

Honestly, I don't see any reason why they WOULDN'T do web-reviews the very second the NDA is lifted.

I'm assuming the tech was tested within the last week or so, and the article is already written. *shrug* Why not do it, then, in that case? Weren't the 4850 reviews out at midnight?

~S

As long as it's midnight with you guys when I wake up in the morning, then yes midnight is ok with me! (It's midnight here now)

We'll I guess I would have something to read in the morning, I don't think it's worth it to stay up till midnight to hear a review, unless you regularly stay up till midnight, which I hate to do.

I love how most of you wait in breathless anticipation for [H] to post.. (drum-roll please..)

No benchmarks.

Ta-da!

Most NDA's aren't just a date, they have a time set like 9 AM pacific time or something like that. Midnight might not even be possible.

i might wake up early tomorrow morning b4 i go to work and read the review

Aren't the [H] guys in Texas either way? SO is eastern time zoners are screwed either way.

Guess I'll have to check for it around 12 PM at work tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have a little bit of downtime at some point during the day.

Aren't the [H] guys in Texas either way? SO is eastern time zoners are screwed either way.

I don't think they go by where the reviewers live, I am pretty sure the nda is up June 25 12am EST. Either way I know all of us [H] members will be on just waiting for this review.

There've been instances where the review came out midnight or thereabouts, don't remember which card it was for, though.

ARRRGGHHH, I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
wallpaper-char-tweek-800.jpg

well anandtech said earlier when they did the gtx+ review that their review will be up in less than twelve hours to finish off the rv770 review. that was around 11 something, so midnight tonight we can all expect some reviews.

Brent, el jefe et al. are probably furiously trying to figure out how they can get away with putting up a Rick Astley video on the main page in twenty-five minutes...

Most NDA's aren't just a date, they have a time set like 9 AM pacific time or something like that. Midnight might not even be possible.
Eh, the Conroe NDA was midnight. So were several other processor launches if memory serves.

I'd like to join the people in this thread asking the time of the NDA expiration, though :D

Hmm. The HotHardware thing at least cements that the 4850 tends to go up against the 9800GTX and win (and occasionally match the 9800GTX+), while the 4870 is quite competitive against the GTX 260. And it gets bonus points for actually using a stock, albeit high-end, processor (the QX6850) at stock speeds.

Back