[H]appy with the 4870x2? ***Sign Up Here***

Add me to the list. Even though I had to pick up a Thermaltake 650W VGA power supply as my OCZ Elite 700W PS wouldnt take Crysis play for more than a few minutes before shutting the system down completely.
Now that problem was resolved and my Danger Den waterblock installed...all is good.

Add me! I'm happy! Now that i got the fan control working, it's great! 40% fan speed at 46 degrees idle and i only changed the thermal paste. Great card with awesome performance.

Well, I was dumb enough to think it would work with my 780i motherboard.... It didnt. So i just ordered an ASUS Rampage Extreme and some DDR3 2000 memory. Im hoping Ill be hapy with it when it gets plugged into an Intel motherboard.:D

I am very happy with my 4870X2, even moreso with my Koolance waterblock on it!

Well, I was dumb enough to think it would work with my 780i motherboard.... It didnt. So i just ordered an ASUS Rampage Extreme and some DDR3 2000 memory. Im hoping Ill be hapy with it when it gets plugged into an Intel motherboard.:D

What do you mean it didn't work on your 780i SLI motherboard? It should have.

What do you mean it didn't work on your 780i SLI motherboard? It should have.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, but then i started to think... 'hrm, maybe i'm just stupid and missed something about the 780is not supporting it for some reason' lol...

ah well the Rampage Extreme is a great board :D

I'll have my 4870 x2 by this weekend, along with the rest of my parts for my uber puter upgrade. Barring any problems (DOA or defective parts) I'll chime in and give my $0.02 on the card when I have my (practically) new rig running this weekend.

I just installed my HIS 4870x2 along with my new Benq 24" monitor and a new 1tb Seagate.
So far everything works good. It does idle at 80c without touching any fan profiles.

I do have that god awful DVI frequency bug and cannot use my monitor unless its hooked up via VGA plug.

I just installed my HIS 4870x2 along with my new Benq 24" monitor and a new 1tb Seagate.
So far everything works good. It does idle at 80c without touching any fan profiles.

I do have that god awful DVI frequency bug and cannot use my monitor unless its hooked up via VGA plug.

Check your gpu utilization on the hottest GPU. If its hanging its part of a bug and if you go into a 3d application and exit you might notice better idle temps.

I got 2...............Quad CrossfireX FTW!!!!!:D

(they work really well together:D

BTW, I got a look at the Catalyst 8.10 Beta and on the overdrive section ATI has placed a slider so you can manually control the fan speed, finally.:eek:
Coming soon to a download near you.

The only thing that bothers me is that you have to manually set the fan speed, i forgot to put the fan to go faster and went playing crysis and my computer freaking crashed because the card got too hot.

Also the fan noise is freaking annoying

No, it didnt work well with that nforce 780i. But then neither did that QX9650. Man its loving that Rampage Extreme! Ive got the Quad Oc'd to 4.45ghz. Im going to water cool that 4870x2 soon as well.

I love mine, its just loud as hell when I'm gaming. Nothing a little watercooling won't solve, just waiting for the parts to come in:

Fuzion v2
DD-4870-x2 fullcover
MCP655
MCR320

All going into my rocketfish. Will make a worklog of the process :D

Sign me up too. Up from an 8600gts is quite a difference. To the people having game crashing troubles, I did too. Tried everything for 2 days. Had an RMA #. Then I disabled the catalyst AI in the ATI control panel and bingo no more crashing. So I went from furious to thrilled. Pretty sad when I think about it....... lol

I don't have one but I've played on a system with a 4870x2 and the performance is amazing.

Sign me up too. Up from an 8600gts is quite a difference. To the people having game crashing troubles, I did too. Tried everything for 2 days. Had an RMA #. Then I disabled the catalyst AI in the ATI control panel and bingo no more crashing. So I went from furious to thrilled. Pretty sad when I think about it....... lol

From what I've read and been told, if you disable Catalyst AI your basically running just one of the GPUs and not both. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

EDIT: I also just realized that the OP, BigCactus, got banned a while ago. So the list can't be updated.

Well if that's true, I'm happy with just one 4870. Although it cost me a bunch lol. COD4 runs maxed out with tremendous frame rates. ATI says its a texture analyzer for 3d improvement. The slider goes from quality to performance. I'll surely be checking this out though.

I liked mine, but due to some financial woes with my family it was either that or the gtx280. So I returned my 4870x2. Was a great card though.

Works perfect for me... only issue i have is with Crysis Wars that i get some wierd graphical glitch (does not happen in Warhead, and card is below 75°C)

I tried my 4870 x2 for the first time yesterday, and all I can say is...

HOLY COW!!! :eek:

This card rapes everything I throw at it, including Crysis...

A definite thumbs up here.

Im somewhat disappointed in it.

Im coming from a 7800gtx, so obviously the performance increase is amazing.

BUT, the card WILL NOT play in my system stock...Its simply too hot and will start artifacting in ~1 minute and shut down.

I have to use rivatuner to set the fan speeds to 60% for it to work correctly. There is plenty of cold air hitting it too. There is a 300mm fan blowing cool air directly on it. And it still does the same with the case door wide open.

Havibg terrible issues with mine. Prob going back to my 280GTX if a fresh install of OS does'nt solve it:mad:

My minor issue seems to have fixed itself somehow. Just finished playing Crysis a second time and then played though Warhead and been playing lots of TF2. Quite satisfied with how the hard is handling 2560x1600.

Sign me up!

I absolutely love my x2. I've had it for about a month now, and it's been fantastic. It even devours Crysis (and Warhead) at max settings on my display (1920x1080). Couldn't be happier. Sure, I probably could have SLI'd some 260's for less and got better performance, or got a 280 for cheaper and got equal or in some cases slightly better performance, but if I had the chance to do it all over I'd still go with the x2.

I've just been messing around with my new system some more, and got my Q6600 up to 3.6ghz. (Was prime stable for the 2 hours I tested it)

I installed the CCC 2.1 LVL6 (Ultra Quality) config for Crysis and it's averaging 35-40fps at 1600x1200!!

Considering I could barely even make 15 fps with the same config at 1280x1024 with my 8800 Ultra and vastly inferior Athlon x2, the increase in performance is leaving me quite impressed.

Overclocking my cpu really helped to let this card shine. At 1600x1200, I know that this thing is still somewhat cpu limited even with the 3.6ghz Q6600. Which is why I'm getting a Q9650 when they come down so I can clock it to 4ghz (which is quite easy I've heard).

This card runs cooler than my 8800 (with 100% fan), with only 40% fan. Idles at 40c and loads at around 70c. I could turn the fan up, but beyond 40 it becomes audible over my already loud system.

The only problem I've had with the card so far is with the gpu usage being stuck at 7% on bootup. A quick run with a fullscreen 3d app fixes that though.

The only other gripe is about Ati Catalyst Control Center and the need for it to have individual game profiles like the Nv control panel. The 8800 Ultra is the only Nvidia card I've owned, but I grew quite fond of the way the Nv control panel was laid out.

Minor issues aside, this is hands down the best video card investment I've ever made. It has met all my expectations and even exceeded them to an extent.

5/5, two thumbs up!

I was happy 2 months ago when gaming on my 24'' LCD with my 4870x2.

But I just made the jump to a 30'' LCD and I'm now gaming at 2560X1600, so I'm now officially HAPPIER with my 4870x2 then I was. :D

I am happy with mine, i am just having heat issues with my case right now i think i need to invest in some 5.25 bay fans my rocketfish doesnt seem to have enough fans to get the air moving

I am basically happy with mine, so sign me up. Works great on games but I think on watching videos, my old 8800GTS was better for some reason.

Still in gaming bliss!
added bonus: doubles as a heater for this upcoming winter
From my last post I've been gaming more than ever before with about 9-10 games in my rotation. I've been watching HD movies on my Sharp Aquos and playing few games as well. The picture quality is superb.

Back