- Joined
- Dec 2, 2004
- Messages
- 32,947
Welcome to my ignore list GoldenTiger. I should have added you long ago. Now I can't even accidentally read your posts.![]()
Good for you, I guess? What exactly was the point of posting though?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Welcome to my ignore list GoldenTiger. I should have added you long ago. Now I can't even accidentally read your posts.![]()
Just what did ANet do to you to make you so bitter anyway?
I canceled my preorder. The code still works even now, through the five day grace period. I am confused as to why you care?
P s lol at the people who can only cry troll because oh no, I disagree with them about a video game!
I love reading reviews like this. Always good for a laugh. Critique everything yet make zero suggestions on how or what can be done to improve it. C'mon, let's hear your ideas on how you'd make a clearly superior Guild Wars 2 if you were a designer at ArenaNet.
It's not a reviewer's responsibility to provide suggestions on improvement, but solely to evaluate the game's quality.
Agreed...if those evaluations are at least honest.
Are you implying that he is dishonest and does this to hurt the sales of GW2?
So he secretly likes the game but makes a dishonest review of it?
Seriously?
Are you implying that he is dishonest and does this to hurt the sales of GW2?
So he secretly likes the game but makes a dishonest review of it?
Seriously?
9.5 out of 10.
Its a great game, I am enjoying it. I feel better playing it because I don't have an extra bill on my card every month.
There is a GW2 thread, this thread is trolling.
QFT. It's kinda sad really. I get the feeling he's butt hurt or jealous in some strange way.
BTW, this game is amazing. It's got some bugs that need to be worked out for sure, but it takes a shit on every MMO currently out. The amout of content you get for the money is insane. The level of details, down to the smallest things is staggering.
I have to disagree with you on this point, at least from the PvE standpoint (I actually haven't gotten around to PvP'ing, so I'll refrain from commenting too much on that). Like others have said before me, I've been switching between weapons to use use different skills while using the conditions my auto-attack applies to my advantage. I maybe use auto-attack only for three seconds before using another skill. I think a 30-40 second wait time is a bit of exaggeration unless you're talking about the Healing/Utility skills (skills 5-9 I think?), which need to be on a long cooldown timer otherwise the game would be stupidly easy.Combat feels boring and clunky, with it requiring you to button-mash one main attack and every 30-40 seconds you get to unload a few cool special abilities. Everyone has a zillion hitpoints so combat lasts forever and a day in PVP, making the fights boring and very drawn-out with no tactics really entering play. Animations felt unresponsive, especially on my Thief.
I agree that the UI could use some work, I wouldn't mind an option to slim down the UI a little more than just the party window. I'm sure as time goes on ANet will add these things or make improvements (as a player of GW1 for about 4-5 years, this is typically how ANet does things; however, they do take long times doing some of the things the community requests sometimes).The chat box can't be moved other than a pair of pre-set spots. You can't move anything, much, actually. Basics like confirmation dialogs on many actions (such as clicking "Leave Guild") simply aren't there. The UI needs lots of love, with poor placement of many things and no modifications possible through add-ons/etc.
Not gonna comment too much on this as I haven't tried it, but the reward for WvW is the Power of the Mists bonus, which in my opinion is an apt reward.World vs. World is horrid. If you can even get in with the queue, you end up running for 5, 6, 7, 8 minutes to get to a fight, die in 30-60 seconds in a zerg battle, and then spend the entire time running back across the map again like a good little zergling for another several minutes. The "Downed" state is ridiculous for 1on1's... I can kill someone, try to finish them off with the finisher but then die of a DOT or they teleport with their "downed" ability, then they come back to life and kill/finish me off despite my having won the battle. TERRIBLE game design. Additionally there's no reason to care about the actual fighting seeing as how there's no risk/reward, nothing to be gained, nothing to be lost, just "for the fun of it" for fighting as nothing changes in the world or your character other than a simple cosmetic change or whatnot of your armor, for winning. Like mashing a button in Farmville to feed your cows over and over, it gets boring very quickly with no greater overarching goal.
I've actually found the dynamic events, for the most part, to be fun. Actually, last night myself and a bunch of random people took on the fire elemental in the Thaumanova Reactor and the key to that is constant dodging, paying attention to adds, and making sure you don't stand on the bridge (a choke point). I found, for a low-level area, that took some tactics to complete and the best part was that it didn't suffer from the usual "gather this many people with these classes, get them all on a VoIP service, and so on" deal so I could just hop right into the fight with everyone else and take on a giant fire elemental.The PVE is a pretty bad setup... you run around in a swarm of locusts to do so-called "dynamic" events that actually just are on loop every 5 minutes for the next person to zerg on, and they're pretty much all "click on five of these items while everyone else does the same" or "WOW you became a cow! Oh wait now you're a chicken in this one, how innovative! Run, run, follow that NPC!" for gameplay. No unique things like Warhammer Online had or RIFT where you're attacking/defending multiple points and doing actual dynamic fights, sieges, and needed some tactics, for defeating zone events and Public Quests.
Yes, the game shows you that a vista is here or a point-of-interest is there, but iirc it only shows up if you've managed to make it to that general area. Then you have to make your way to the vista/POI. If you're expecting something to be completely unseen by anyone else, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed with more than just Guild Wars 2.The game makes a big point of trying to tell you "GO EXPLORE!" but you are supposedly getting some exploration and sense of amazement seeing things that everyone's obviously already seen 20 million times before? The game basically holds your hand showing you where to go, what to do, etc.
I haven't noticed any unresponsiveness or clunkiness myself. However, this is opinion and what may be clunky for you won't be clunky for others. I do wish the FOV was extended just a wee bit sometimes, there are some areas where my camera is going through a wall even though I have my camera scrolled all the way out; that does get a little annoying. For the most part though, it's fine.Even basics like the camera feel off, almost like it's off-center or something and more of an "over the shoulder" view which is clunky and feels weird + unresponsive.
I do agree that the mail system going down and the AH still being down as of last night is a bit of a bummer, and it should have been worked through before release. However, if something is broken, they've got to fix it and I'd rather they take their time fixing it now so that when I'm at the higher levels dealing with items that are worth more, there won't be any error in receiving payment for the item I've sold or the item I may buy.Other EXTREMELY basic things like having a functional mail system, trading window, and auction house that other games got knocked for, are simply glossed over by reviews and forum fans, not to mention having to pay to buy simple things like bank space and bag slots (oh, you thought I meant gold? No, I mean real money! Oh, and did I forget to mention you can buy gold essentially through the in-game store, to get the best gear right away when someone's selling it? Yeah, pay-to-win on the extreme!).
I agree here, the game needs some more optimization. My system isn't high-end by any means (Q9550, GTX 275) but it should run better than it does. I would assume this will be fixed as newer drivers and more updates to the game are released.Finally the game just doesn't run well for me, and I'm on a powerful machine. Performance is all over the place and typically runs 25-30fps with occasional spikes to 40, at 2560x1600 with a 2600k, gtx 670, ssd, etc. in my rig. Changing the settings down seems to barely affect anything either.
This thread is pretty funny. A bunch of guildwars 2 fans ganging up on someone who told us what he thinks of the game.
That being said: If I wanted a theme park, I'd go back to WoW.
I thought GoldenTiger was just trolling the GW2 thread also, but after seeing first hand the ban for selling food to a vendor and another guy in the GW2 thread that got banned for dropping turrets in PVE and going to the bathroom or surfing the web I have to change my stance on GW2. I'm sorry that I convinced one of my nephews to play last night now.
Fun game being run by incompetent GM's.
Fun game being run by incompetent GM's.
They never ruined the first game, I have no doubt they won't ruin this one either. Hackers, botters, and exploiters can find another game to ruin. Anet keep up the good work!
I didn't take quotes from another hard thread with my op. 90 percent of the responses have been drivel and fans trying to discredit and troll 4chan style a poster instead of actually responding but I will respond to the people who posted actual thoughts once I am at my deskStarting a new thread about a game you don't like with quotes from another thread that you disagreed with and links to reviews that you disagree with... you've taking the axe-grinding to another level, and it's weird, man.
I think it's funny that people will come down hard on other games for things like charging for additional things (bank space) or "pay to win," and yet have no problem with it when it's in the game they like.
I don't have the game, but all of this guy's complaints seem reasonable. Especially the small stuff like AH, mail system, etc. There's no excuse for that.
I was thinking about picking this up, but it looks like it's just "more of the same" with a couple new ideas.
No thanks.
You'd be missing out man. There is no pay to win in GW2 either. It's an ethical setup from what i have seen.
You'd be missing out man. There is no pay to win in GW2 either. It's an ethical setup from what i have seen.
The bans being complained about are NOT hacks, NOT bots, and aren't exactly big exploits either. Exploiting implies a bug, and it's hard to call "selling food to vendors" a bug. If the price was wrong, that isn't a bug. The price is exactly what Anet set it to be. There isn't even an in-game economy to "ruin" cuz the trading post is perma-down.
The bans being complained about are for: being AFK, swearing (which is obviously acceptable given they HAVE A BUILT IN PROFANITY FILTER OPTION), and buying and selling from vendors.
That being said, the game itself is excellent. Not sure why GT needs to make these threads.
Good for you, I guess? What exactly was the point of posting though?
What is ANet? Annette? A net?
Sure, you're mad he started a thread outside of the "official" one... he has a different opinion on a game you, I presume, like? But, why do you read it and then post multiple times within it? So what if he feels different, why does it matter to you? Is it effecting your immersion?
Before I begin, this is MY opinion of the game. I do enjoy Guild Wars 2 and will continue to play it. The "end all, be all" statement is "to each his own;" nothing I say will change your overall opinion, and nothing you say will change my overall opinion. I just want to comment on your points to kind of show both sides of the debate.
I have to disagree with you on this point, at least from the PvE standpoint (I actually haven't gotten around to PvP'ing, so I'll refrain from commenting too much on that). Like others have said before me, I've been switching between weapons to use use different skills while using the conditions my auto-attack applies to my advantage. I maybe use auto-attack only for three seconds before using another skill. I think a 30-40 second wait time is a bit of exaggeration unless you're talking about the Healing/Utility skills (skills 5-9 I think?), which need to be on a long cooldown timer otherwise the game would be stupidly easy.
I agree that the UI could use some work, I wouldn't mind an option to slim down the UI a little more than just the party window. I'm sure as time goes on ANet will add these things or make improvements (as a player of GW1 for about 4-5 years, this is typically how ANet does things; however, they do take long times doing some of the things the community requests sometimes).
Not gonna comment too much on this as I haven't tried it, but the reward for WvW is the Power of the Mists bonus, which in my opinion is an apt reward.
I've actually found the dynamic events, for the most part, to be fun. Actually, last night myself and a bunch of random people took on the fire elemental in the Thaumanova Reactor and the key to that is constant dodging, paying attention to adds, and making sure you don't stand on the bridge (a choke point). I found, for a low-level area, that took some tactics to complete and the best part was that it didn't suffer from the usual "gather this many people with these classes, get them all on a VoIP service, and so on" deal so I could just hop right into the fight with everyone else and take on a giant fire elemental.
Yes, the game shows you that a vista is here or a point-of-interest is there, but iirc it only shows up if you've managed to make it to that general area. Then you have to make your way to the vista/POI. If you're expecting something to be completely unseen by anyone else, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed with more than just Guild Wars 2.
I haven't noticed any unresponsiveness or clunkiness myself. However, this is opinion and what may be clunky for you won't be clunky for others. I do wish the FOV was extended just a wee bit sometimes, there are some areas where my camera is going through a wall even though I have my camera scrolled all the way out; that does get a little annoying. For the most part though, it's fine.
I do agree that the mail system going down and the AH still being down as of last night is a bit of a bummer, and it should have been worked through before release. However, if something is broken, they've got to fix it and I'd rather they take their time fixing it now so that when I'm at the higher levels dealing with items that are worth more, there won't be any error in receiving payment for the item I've sold or the item I may buy.
The whole gold to gem thing is ANet's way of combating gold sellers. I'm quite content with my bank space and bag space well; I don't NEED that to do well at the game, it's only a convenience I have to pay for as are many things in life. I'm in no rush to compete with others for the best gear because realistically many people including myself WON'T find the best gear because we're too busy with our lives. I have friends who will help me out when it comes to getting gear; besides, if someone who buys the best gear hasn't played the content, the gear isn't going to help them much if they don't know to roll out of the red circle that appears on the ground before a bunch of fire appears there.
I agree here, the game needs some more optimization. My system isn't high-end by any means (Q9550, GTX 275) but it should run better than it does. I would assume this will be fixed as newer drivers and more updates to the game are released.
What exactly was the point of your posting?
So I suppose we should spam the H forums with "I hate XXX game" now despite the existence of threads discussing the positives and negatives of XXX game. Let's start with his precious...TSW.
Because he feels the game sucks and wasn't getting the attention needed in the official thread.
GoldenTiger said:That's fair enough... I don't have *anything* against other people's opinions, just when people yell and whine about someone disagreeing with them and go out of their way to make personal, silly attacks.
I think it's funny that people will come down hard on other games for things like charging for additional things (bank space) or "pay to win," and yet have no problem with it when it's in the game they like.
I don't have the game, but all of this guy's complaints seem reasonable. Especially the small stuff like AH, mail system, etc. There's no excuse for that.
I was thinking about picking this up, but it looks like it's just "more of the same" with a couple new ideas.
No thanks.
Please, the game's great, and if you enjoy the type of game that it is (an MMO, with solid PvE and PvP), you won't be disappointed.
If all you want to do is zerg with 100 other people mashing your autoattack button... have at it! Except for the small amount of solo "story" content every few-to-several levels, and the occasional dungeon (which also rewards that gameplay but with five people instead of 100, with no tanks, no healers, no dps, there's no strategy... you have to bounce agro and hope for the best) that's about all there is to do.
If all you want to do is zerg with 100 other people mashing your autoattack button... have at it! Except for the small amount of solo "story" content every few-to-several levels, and the occasional dungeon (which also rewards that gameplay but with five people instead of 100, with no tanks, no healers, no dps, there's no strategy... you have to bounce agro and hope for the best) that's about all there is to do.
Look, I know TSW is your love-child, but it's not that original and incredible either. Both games are solid. Hell I still think WoW is great, even though I've played it for years and years, doing the same shit over and over again. That's what this is about, doing the same shit over and over again, in a social environment. It's not going to change.
I'm all set with arguing, done with it.