• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX X80

Instead of hacking into iCloud and grabbing a bunch of nekkid photos of celebrities that nobody wants to see, 4chan should be hacking into nvidia databases somewhere to get Maxwell specs.

I mean where the hell are the priorities here?

Hahahaha :D. Yeah, you'd think it's like the 4chan kids have never seen a woman in their bedroom befo---oh, wait.
 
http://www.synnex.co.th/th/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=U1RSSVgtR1RYOTcwLURDMk9DLTQ=

One of the main Asian distributors of pc parts to resellers/vendors has the 970 and 980 both listed. That link is to an Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 OC model :). They're incoming very, very shortly :D.

EDIT: And here's the reference 980: http://www.synnex.co.th/Th/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=R1RYOTgwLTRHRDU=

The red text translated says "No data available" under specifications yet, which is normal for a brand new listing in the database.

A couple of confirmed model numbers so far:

Asus GTX980-4GD5
Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4
Gigabyte N980OC-4GD

ryse: son of rom is coming to PC, on the recommended system they say 4GB of VRAM.
the new high end cards from nvidia is just sufficient for a current game, no headroom for future games.
very very disappointing.
 
1409866537h6zjvFywLy_1_1.jpg


Recommended:
DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB video RAM

Hmmm.... Not sure what you're getting at here.
 
256-bit listed....Very, very suspicious on how it will work in 4K. waiting a year for 384/512 bit bus and 6GB ram version of 980 Ti :)
 
ryse: son of rom is coming to PC, on the recommended system they say 4GB of VRAM.
the new high end cards from nvidia is just sufficient for a current game, no headroom for future games.
very very disappointing.
you should really pay a little more attention because the 4 gb recommendation was for 4k.
 
you should really pay a little more attention because the 4 gb recommendation was for 4k.

I see what the fuss was about now. You'd think Crytek would want as much extra cash as possible, and I guess they do. They went and changed it so the people with 2GB cards wouldn't be scared off.
 
I'm playing fine in 4K with my 290's albeit at 30 hz. Memory isn't the problem for most games at 4K. I guess if you only upgrade once in a blue moon you'll want to wait for the 8GB cards, but where's the fun in that?
 
I'm playing fine in 4K with my 290's albeit at 30 hz. Memory isn't the problem for most games at 4K. I guess if you only upgrade once in a blue moon you'll want to wait for the 8GB cards, but where's the fun in that?

30FPS is ok on consoles, very ugly on PC.

games that runs at 30FPS on console, are quite ok because their animations are optimized for 30FPS and there is a constant 30FPS. this makes the game playable.

PC games are optimized for 60 or more FPS and running them at 30FPS with framerate spikes ruins the adventure, completely.

so, no, your PC is not ready for 4k and at this point, future PC games with GTX980 SLI are not ready too.
 
256-bit listed....Very, very suspicious on how it will work in 4K. waiting a year for 384/512 bit bus and 6GB ram version of 980 Ti :)

There's some thoughts that it might be closer to a tile-based architecture. Therefore, the 256-bit memory bus might not be a problem. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
 
30FPS is ok on consoles, very ugly on PC.

games that runs at 30FPS on console, are quite ok because their animations are optimized for 30FPS and there is a constant 30FPS. this makes the game playable.

PC games are optimized for 60 or more FPS and running them at 30FPS with framerate spikes ruins the adventure, completely.

so, no, your PC is not ready for 4k and at this point, future PC games with GTX980 SLI are not ready too.

I run 30 fps at 4K because of my monitor, a Seiki 4K LCD TV I use for flight simulation. I have an ROG Swift for "PC games [that] are optimized for 60 or more FPS". Whatever that means. :p

We'll see what GTX X80 brings. I'm more excited for some consumer-level OLED PC displays, but those don't seem like they're coming any time soon.
 
I swear I saw in passing mobile 880GTXm's with 8+gb (!!!) vram on some gaming laptops. I can't understand why they would do that for mobiles and not desktop GPUs.
 
I swear I saw in passing mobile 880GTXm's with 8+gb (!!!) vram on some gaming laptops. I can't understand why they would do that for mobiles and not desktop GPUs.

They do that with lower end ddr3 gpus because it's cheap for them.
 
Though the 880M has GDDR5.
 
Though the 880M has GDDR5.


It is. It's also basically a marketing gimmick and I think it was like Asus or some laptop maker that started to push the 8GB 880M out the door. The amount of power you can get on a laptop is impressive, but when you look at the specs and 8GB memory it's hard not to laugh.
 
Probably because the 8800 was such a great card, that everyone including myself was expecting huge things....

I wish they would of been able to get that 22nm fab, maybe next year we will get the new naming system and it will be a epic card
 
...We'll see what GTX X80 brings. I'm more excited for some consumer-level OLED PC displays, but those don't seem like they're coming any time soon.

Agreed, I'm starting to think that OLED is a complete dud when it comes to the PC display market...
 
Agreed, I'm starting to think that OLED is a complete dud when it comes to the PC display market...

We're likely not going to see any OLED monitors until the tech is affordable in the TV space first. LG has been making good progress towards that - their 55" OLED set is now $3.5k now, was $10k last year.
 
We're likely not going to see any OLED monitors until the tech is affordable in the TV space first. LG has been making good progress towards that - their 55" OLED set is now $3.5k now, was $10k last year.

Yeah, but that is a TV, not a PC display. Traditionally they have always been two totally different creatures (higher pixel density, higher refresh, etc.)
 
All naming conventions aside, I'm gonna put a pin on this one until we get the true next step up with 20nm next year. Still don't feel an upgrade is worth it even from a 680.

Will probably change my tune the moment we get the real next gen games porting over from the consoles and some of the PC exclusives. By that time, they will most likely have 8gb 980 Ti at 20nm or something similar. Happy to wait.
 
Back
Top