GTX X80

We all know where the real action is at!!!

jt43yoh.jpg

Same shroud? :confused:

Pic is a fake.....but even if it's the same shroud? So what...Heck, i'd be just fine with the 880 shroud looking completely identical to the Titan shroud. It's the best reference blower ever created by a huge margin, although i'm not too big into aesthetics. Maybe others want more bling bling on it, but I really don't care personally. Having used blower shrouds from many GPUs ranging from both NV and AMD ............the Titan shroud is significantly better by a mile. No cares here if it looks the same.

Pic is a fake.....but even if it's the same shroud? So what...Heck, i'd be just fine with the 880 shroud looking completely identical to the Titan shroud. It's the best reference blower ever created by a huge margin, although i'm not too big into aesthetics. Maybe others want more bling bling on it, but I really don't care personally. Having used blower shrouds from many GPUs ranging from both NV and AMD ............the Titan shroud is significantly better by a mile. No cares here if it looks the same.

780 shroud on 890? Lolz, prepare for a worm Winter.. 295x2**

It makes Nvidia look lazy if they copy-paste the same 2+ year old design onto a brand new card.
Things are supposed to be constantly improving.

It makes Nvidia look lazy if they copy-paste the same 2+ year old design onto a brand new card.
Things are supposed to be constantly improving.

If it's the best it's the best. Period. From what I understand the BOM costs for the Titan shroud are high (while AMD spent 30 cents on theirs, and it shows), but if your opinion is that you want a different color scheme, then whatever. Some people feel better about special colors and bling bling. To that I say, I don't care. To each their own. I'm stating I don't' give a flying F about the looks, just how good the blower performs. And in terms of blower shrouds, it is the best ever made by a wide margin, that's a fact.

My opinion. Obviously none of us know what NV will really do. Who knows. Maybe we'll be entertained with another fake pic of a Titan/880 shroud with special colors on it??!

If it's the best it's the best. Period.
The 780 Ti is currently the best GPU, the GTX 880 should just be that fast and we'll all be happy.
And then every future card to be released should just be the same speed as the 780 Ti...

See where I'm going with this? They could make a new cooler that runs a few degrees cooler and/or a few decibels quieter. TA DA! Magic.

Yeah nvidias blower is superior to amds leaf blower. Though that really isn't a selling point to me, since it will go straight under water once blocks are available.

214 days? Hints and games? Photoshopped cards masquerading as real goods?

I'm in the market for a new card. Tonga may get my mullah.

Sheesh.

Tonga will fall short of mid-range Maxwell. This always happens.
GTX 860 most likely.

AMD doesn't leak details of what there working on like Nvidia does and next thing you know AMD hits you in the face with a ball bat you didn't see coming.

Tonga could be an Hawaii core for all we know and right now Nvidia has notting to compete with R9-280 which was dropped to middle range price.

214 days? Hints and games? Photoshopped cards masquerading as real goods?

I'm in the market for a new card. Tonga may get my mullah.

Sheesh.

Yeah, that crap that Liger and myself posted on the last page were just jokes (making fun of Nvidia's endless hype and events that lead nowhere).

You thought the pretty fuchsia 880 mocking a photoshop from January was supposed to be real? :D

Confirmed that press don't have cards nor have seen anything at any previous events.
Press have gotten invited though for something in less than a month.

Launch will be Oct most likely.

Last edited:
Confirmed that press don't have cards nor have seen anything at any previous events.

Seems about right.

Paper or hard launch? I'm looking for something to put in my new build and am waiting on this.

Way too long?

The 400 (Fermi) series launch was in March 2010.
The 500 (Fermi) series launch was in November 2010.
The 600 (Kepler) series launch was in March 2012.
The 700 (Kepler) series launch was in May 2013.

You can look back further if you want. New architectures take time. Maxwell is not particularly "late", which is impressive considering TSMC's 20nm woes.

Way too long?

You can look back further if you want. New architectures take time. Maxwell is not particularly "late", which is impressive considering TSMC's 20nm woes.

excuse me sir, please take your facts elsewhere, this thread is for posting bs! :D

You're like Sinofliberty without the pictures. More rumors with no substance, you should throw some fake pics in.

Way too long?

But aren't the 800 series coming this year sticking to 28nm? That was the last I heard.

Sure it is. I believe you're an insider for nvidia and AMD, I really do.

Anyways, the head guy for gigabyte accidentally leaked that they would have new cards from NV and a new cooler in September in an interview. That combined with the rumors from wccftech and videocardz all point to september. What your'e saying is simply regurgitating what numerous rumor websites have said. Except they said september, and you being the AMD fan, have a more pessimistic estimate of October of course.

I don't know. Either way it's coming soon it seems.

Sure it is. I believe you're an insider for nvidia and AMD, I really do.

Anyways, the head guy for gigabyte accidentally leaked that they would have new cards from NV and a new cooler in September in an interview. That combined with the rumors from wccftech and videocardz all point to september. What your'e saying is simply regurgitating what numerous rumor websites have said. Except they said september, and you being the AMD fan, have a more pessimistic estimate of October of course.

I don't know. Either way it's coming soon it seems.

It definitely could be before the end of Sept. Note, I stated an Oct release back in April fyi.

It definitely could be before the end of Sept. Note, I stated an Oct release back in April fyi.

I can back LordEC911 up, assuming he's the same LordEC911 from B3D. He's been saying October for ages. Timing is right as well - R9 285 is supposedly being released next month, and all the nVidia cards have prices cuts and rebates atm. Seems to me that stock is being cleared to make way for something new.

Think intel with haswell-e. Most had them releasing it sometime mid september, however they pushed the date up to next week (august 29).

It is possible nvidia had an october release planned all along, but maybe they feel it's ready to go by next month.

Back