• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX X80

what games other than watch dogs need more than 3 gb at 4k? i'm not aware of any.

Crysis 3, Max Payne 3, and Wolfenstein all hit VRAM limitations on 3GB unless you run with no AA. There are probably more as well, like Skyrim with mods. See [H] benches on Crysis 3, they had to run no AA with 780 SLI:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014...0_oc_6gb_sli_video_card_review/3#.U9yHtlWtr-g

4GB seems to be the sweet spot for 4K right now actually, being just enough in most cases. AMD made a good decision there. So I'd say while 6GB isn't necessary right now, 3GB isn't enough.
 
You're gonna make me watch a 2-hour podcast just to find a 2-second snippet where Nvidia actually acknowledges the existence of the 800's but says nothing else about it, aren't you?

At 1:39, Tom says "The 800's are going to be awesome! Keep your eyes peeled at Gamescom for a special announcement.. we've already got some folks deep in the trenches, busy making new 2nd-gen Maxwell threads, spreading rumors, and building that sweet green hype. All I can say is, it's gonna be more powerful and more cheaper than the 700's.. and it's gonna be so huge, you'll love it!" Rev then replies, "Yeah, and fuck ARM cores and TSMC's 20nm fab!"

They then proceed to high-five.. twice.

:D

1:39?

I cant find it, they brought up the 800 series in a listener question at around 1h 15m
 
4jf7Uk8.png


Here it IS!

The cooler is very similar to what Titan Z has!! Central fan, 2 processors on board.
 
680 GTX was 499.00 in 2012 670 GTX was 399.00

Better videos cards don't mean all of your games will have more FPS.
Unoptimized games will wreck yur cards.
 
I don't buy the 16nm rumors at all..

Yeah, I really don't know.. just wanted to catch the OP up on the most recent rumors (which all contradict each other, and cover every possible scenario). Although, I did miss the far-out rumor that 2nd-gen Maxwell would actually be 20nm.. as planned ;)

Close thread requested....:rolleyes:

Sir, I am sorry that you are unhappy with this current thread. May I offer you another choice of Maxwell discussion that better suits your need? We have plenty to choose from, with new and exciting 880 threads meticulously crafted for you each and every day! But please keep in mind that you may only discuss 1) the GTX 880; 2) how the GTX 880 compares to the 780ti (in both pricing and performance only); 3) availability of the 880 (limit 1 guess per member, per day, per thread). If none of the following threads are to your liking, please let us know, and SoL will immediately assist you in creating your own personalized Maxwell 880 thread here at [H]. We do hope you enjoy your pre-Maxwell 800-series experience, and thank you for your valuable feedback!

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040998632&postcount=16

:p
 


LOL I actually was trying to correct a post made days ago about the 256 bus and limits on high resolutions where someone said the L2 cache is going from 256KB to 2MB, but I couldn't find the thread. It was a reference to the GTX 750 Ti's L2, the speculation 8 months ago was the 880 would be 8MB. I gave up trying to find the thread. Too many pages, too many threads.
 
<hotlinked troll image>

Wtf? The info he posted was directly from the article and interview..

Mr. Mengzong told Expreview that they are planning a newer version of WindForce cooler. The cooling capacity will likely not exceed 450W, but they might eventually came up with 650W variant. I will just add here, that GTX 880 TDP is so low, that 450 Watts would be enough for two cards.
 
Sir, I am sorry that you are unhappy with this current thread. May I offer you another choice of Maxwell discussion that better suits your need? We have plenty to choose from, with new and exciting 880 threads meticulously crafted for you each and every day! But please keep in mind that you may only discuss 1) the GTX 880; 2) how the GTX 880 compares to the 780ti (in both pricing and performance only); 3) availability of the 880 (limit 1 guess per member, per day, per thread). If none of the following threads are to your liking, please let us know, and SoL will immediately assist you in creating your own personalized Maxwell 880 thread here at [H]. We do hope you enjoy your pre-Maxwell 800-series experience, and thank you for your valuable feedback!

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040998632&postcount=16

:p

Lmfao....I might as well start one with top notch information and link ONLY [H] threads. It is bound to be at the top of the forums every day until release! :eek:

Oh and.... Gtx 800 series release in October.....to stay on thread.... Blah blah gtx 800 series will be faster, power efficient, and cooler looking than the 700 series.

Only reason I posted a thread close was because of the garbage photos.Trash information belongs.......in the trash.
 
I heard a rumor that the new cards will support H.265 / HEVC video decoding.
 
Only reason I posted a thread close was because of the garbage photos.Trash information belongs.......in the trash.

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the photoshopped one. Nothing but a solid wall of unconfirmed rumors out there, so pretty much everything is trash info atm. Gotta talk about something until they drop, though.. right?

Perhaps he knows something that is under NDA, and was only hinting at a central fan being used for the reference or AIB cards? Or maybe he's Jen-Hsun Huang, and just fucking with us for funsies :D
 
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the photoshopped one. Nothing but a solid wall of unconfirmed rumors out there, so pretty much everything is trash info atm. Gotta talk about something until they drop, though.. right?

Perhaps he knows something that is under NDA, and was only hinting at a central fan being used for the reference or AIB cards? Or maybe he's Jen-Hsun Huang, and just fucking with us for funsies :D

Yes, I understand. Hinting at a product without being sued because he has the inside.... I will say thanks if it is right on the mark, maybe follow him on one of those social media thingies to.

And yes, gotta talk nonsense till actual info drop. Just some rumors adhere more to believable than some which are ignorant.
 
The launch date speculation was messed up. until the clarification has been brought into discussion

Does not matter what fan they will use, but central should do better than the side one. Depends, if it is on the side, it will be quiet big, if in the middle, something around gk110 size fan.

We are all here for the bag, not the gpu.
 
The big reveal at Gamescom.. a $50 GT 720 and $4k Titan-II. Everybody wanting a normal card in-between should go fuck themselves and buy a gaming tablet instead :D

Wow, I nailed the $50 GT 720..

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/08/13/geforce-gt-720/1

Only 2 days left at Gamescom.. now do we get $4k Titan-II or 800-series tomorrow night?


Also, out of all the redundant 800-series threads at [H], why did the mods feel it necessary to close the one single thread on this topic that actually reached 30+ pages?
 
It's hard to imagine they announce anything of that caliber on a weekend?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

But for the most part, all the leaks and new rumors about the 800's this year have occurred over the weekend.

I honestly believe some of the leaks/rumors are done intentionally (think many mfgs are doing this to create interest for a future product, and even doing so negatively to dampen any hype if our expectations are too high, or older products need moved).

So, yeah. I don't expect a formal announcement this weekend, but the 800 buzz has been lower than usual, so something really interesting needs to slip soon.
 
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

But for the most part, all the leaks and new rumors about the 800's this year have occurred over the weekend.

I honestly believe some of the leaks/rumors are done intentionally (think many mfgs are doing this to create interest for a future product, and even doing so negatively to dampen any hype if our expectations are too high, or older products need moved).

So, yeah. I don't expect a formal announcement this weekend, but the 800 buzz has been lower than usual, so something really interesting needs to slip soon.

880 was previewed to the press already. on 13.

I talked on leaks in my previous post but still, you guys have little info on 880 and at the same time, it is all there, just go on the different site with all the specs to be found there. ;)

Anyway, NV is quiet about public announcement but some local resellers do have new gpus in their closet.
 
880 was previewed to the press already. on 13.

I talked on leaks in my previous post but still, you guys have little info on 880 and at the same time, it is all there, just go on the different site with all the specs to be found there. ;)

Anyway, NV is quiet about public announcement but some local resellers do have new gpus in their closet.

Interesting, I'm hearing this from someone else too now today... :). I wonder if we'll gear anything at the "Geforce Grand Finale" at 11am Eastern on 8/17 (tomorrow) from Gamescom? It's definitely not about SHIELD since there's a panel on that earlier in the day and the description for the finale is completely different than the SHIELD presentations.
 
Interesting, I'm hearing this from someone else too now today... :). I wonder if we'll gear anything at the "Geforce Grand Finale" at 11am Eastern on 8/17 (tomorrow) from Gamescom? It's definitely not about SHIELD since there's a panel on that earlier in the day and the description for the finale is completely different than the SHIELD presentations.

Possibly, with the release for reviewers being made. Quiet launch ;) from NV .

Can you post the link (here or via pm) who you heard the info from too? :cool:
 
Back
Top