GTX 980 & GTX 970 Availability Thread

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I have rounded up some links to GTX 980 and GTX 970 cards for sale. Obviously a lot of these will be going in and out of stock. Please add your own as well.

Amazon with multiple GTX 980 and GTX 970 cards.

GTX 980s

EVGA EVGA GTX980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5 256bit, DVI-I, DP x 3, HDMI, SLI Ready Graphics Card (04G-P4-2982-KR) Graphics Cards 04G-P4-2982-KR

EVGA 04G-P4-2982-KR GeForce GTX 980 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 G-SYNC Support Video Card

ASUS GTX980-4GD5 Graphics Cards GTX980-4GD5

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Overclocked 4GB GBBR5 PCiE Video Graphics Card GV-N980D5-4GD-B

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4GB GBBR5 PCiE Video Graphics Card GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD

MSI GTX 980 4GD5 Graphics Cards GTX 980 4GD5

PNY XLR8 VCGGTX9804XPB-CG GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card

Zotac Zotac GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDMI DVI DisplayPort SLI Ready Graphics Card ZT-90201-10P Graphics Cards ZT-90201-10P

GTX 970s

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Graphics Card GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD
by Gigabyte

ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5 Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5

EVGA 04G-P4-0974-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 G-Sync Support Video Card

MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Graphics Cards GTX 970 GAMING 4G

MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC Graphics Cards GTX 970 4GD5T OC

MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready SLI Support G-SYNC Support Video Card

EVGA EVGA GTX GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5 256bit, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP SLI Ready Graphics Card (04G-P4-1972-KR) Graphics Cards 04G-P4-1972-KR

EVGA EVGA GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 256bit, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP SLI Ready Graphics Card (04G-P4-1970-KR) Graphics Cards 04G-P4-1970-KR

PNY XLR8 VCGGTX9704XPB GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card

Zotac Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDMI DVI DisplayPort SLI Ready Graphics Card ZT-90101-10P Graphics Cards ZT-90101-10P

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon was all sold-out this morning, while Newegg had almost everything in-stock. NE is now completely out-of-stock as well, right now.

Me thinks the AIBs didn't ship anywhere near enough to meet the demand.

Include sub categories to separate the non-reference cards from the reference cards?

Amazon was all sold-out this morning, while Newegg had almost everything in-stock. NE is now completely out-of-stock as well, right now.

Me thinks the AIBs didn't ship anywhere near enough to meet the demand.

I thought stock levels were pretty good actually, or maybe lasted longer because they were available early AM. I bought a couple of EVGA 980 SCs at around 8am EST today, they were available until around 10:45am.

Some of the past big GPU launches like 480/580/680 sold out in <1 hour I believe....but keep checking, they tend to go in and out of stock as more pallettes/boxes are unloaded.

Still a lot of the 970s are still available on Newegg also.

Also, I have seen a lot of pics of people picking them up locally at their local MicroCenters.

I thought stock levels were pretty good actually, or maybe lasted longer because they were available early AM.

Yeah, I noticed later in the day that Newegg and Amazon were showing in-stock on cards that were sold-out earlier in the morning (showing only 1 or 2 in-stock, so I'm thinking cancellations).

Some items were showing that they would be available again on the 23rd.. so, not bad.

These bad boys are all sold out everywhere. Only thing you can really find is the Zotac 970's - no one seems to want to touch that brand, heh. I had a Gigabyte G1 970 in my cart on TigerDirect and then hesitated because I want an EVGA. Oh well maybe next week.

Pardon my ignorance of Nvidia cards, but what's the big deal with these things? Is it just because they're new? I just don't understand why these things are selling out so quickly.

^ it's because they're new, and because their predecessors have been out for a long time. nVidia/Team Green fans have had the upgrade itch for a while.

^ it's because they're new, and because their predecessors have been out for a long time. nVidia/Team Green fans have had the upgrade itch for a while.

Nope. See below.

Pardon my ignorance of Nvidia cards, but what's the big deal with these things? Is it just because they're new? I just don't understand why these things are selling out so quickly.

Better performance, ridiculously overclockable, run cool and extremely quiet, low power draw, and MFAA incoming as a new feature via drivers plus aggressive pricing.

Do these come with the Borderlands Pre Sequel that all the other Nvidia cards are coming with?

No gaming bundle gives me flashbacks to the GTX 770 launch. So much buyers remorse.

Edit - hey! Why does this forum get an edit?
Ebay is getting $250ish for my 770 right about now and the prices are only going to go down. I guess I will try to find a matching EVGA 770 for $200ish soon instead of losing money on a card I bought a year ago for 350ish.

Last edited:
Anyone know where and when I will be able to buy the EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 FTW version?

I'm debating that or the gigabyte G1 gaming since I will need more than one display port. Really frustrated that EVGA didn't include two display ports.

These bad boys are all sold out everywhere. Only thing you can really find is the Zotac 970's - no one seems to want to touch that brand, heh. I had a Gigabyte G1 970 in my cart on TigerDirect and then hesitated because I want an EVGA. Oh well maybe next week.
probably because they're relatively unknown, but Zotac is a solid brand with good customer service in my experience

probably because they're relatively unknown, but Zotac is a solid brand with good customer service in my experience

No problems whatsoever with my Zotac 770. Zotac is Sapphire. Even their overclocking app is a reskin of Trixx.

Do these come with the Borderlands Pre Sequel that all the other Nvidia cards are coming with?

No gaming bundle gives me flashbacks to the GTX 770 launch. So much buyers remorse.

Edit - hey! Why does this forum get an edit?
Ebay is getting $250ish for my 770 right about now and the prices are only going to go down. I guess I will try to find a matching EVGA 770 for $200ish soon instead of losing money on a card I bought a year ago for 350ish.
I think all sub-forums except [H] News allows edit.

Wow there are some serious price gougers on Amazon.. who the heck is Spicy Bomb and how did he get so many cards?

I bought the gigabyte one last week (arrived Monday) due to needing a card that exhausted to the back of the case as they go in rack-mount cases. Most of the video cards in the day where like this but it seems like most now have two regular CPU heatsync style fans on them that are not good for airflow direction.

I bought the gigabyte one last week (arrived Monday) due to needing a card that exhausted to the back of the case as they go in rack-mount cases. Most of the video cards in the day where like this but it seems like most now have two regular CPU heatsync style fans on them that are not good for airflow direction.

Which model Gigabyte card did you get?

Tiger direct has the PNY GTX 980 and 970 in stock as of this second

GTX 980 15 in stock $550.00

GTX 970 12 in stock $330.00

Picked up a 980 to replace my 570 cards :D

They've been in stock all day and the quantities haven't been diminishing. Reminds me of the GTX 780 launch when people weren't jumping all over PNY or Zotac but everything else sold out instantly. Since the prices are pretty much parallel among brands, people that didn't have to have a card day one seem to be content to wait out a more preferred brand coming into stock (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, and EVGA - though it seems EVGA may have dropped the ball on their 970 lineup).

They've been in stock all day and the quantities haven't been diminishing. Reminds me of the GTX 780 launch when people weren't jumping all over PNY or Zotac but everything else sold out instantly. Since the prices are pretty much parallel among brands, people that didn't have to have a card day one seem to be content to wait out a more preferred brand coming into stock (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, and EVGA - though it seems EVGA may have dropped the ball on their 970 lineup).

Guess I was more excited that tiger had them in stock, have newegg, and amazon tax here in Indiana. oh and fry's too. So tiger made my day.
Tiger direct has warehouse in Illinois so next day was 10.00 for shipping, should be here on Thursday.

HOws the pny compare to top dogs? Everything else is OUT OF STOCK & the prices have gone up as well...

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten an ASUS 970 STRIX from Amazon yet? I ordered a few minutes after it went live (had to cancel the EVGA cards I had ordered first), and I'm obviously still waiting on a restock. I don't think it was ever in stock though...at least I never saw it in stock, even seconds after the page went up. I wish I could have ordered from somewhere else, but I had almost $300 in Amazon credit to use.

Why did they skip the "800" series?

Since they introduced the Mobile GTX 800 series earlier this year, this go around they wanted to keep the naming convention of the mobile and desktop platform the same.

Guess I was more excited that tiger had them in stock, have newegg, and amazon tax here in Indiana. oh and fry's too. So tiger made my day.
Tiger direct has warehouse in Illinois so next day was 10.00 for shipping, should be here on Thursday.

Oh it wasn't a criticism, just an observation. I agree about TD -- its pretty much the only choice we have in CA right now where tax-free is concerned.

Will the next gen. version of NVidia's cards (after 9xx) have 4-digit numbering?

I wonder if the prices of 7xx will take a dive once the 9xx are permanently in stock. As of last week, the 7xx cards were still priced as high as during the spring.

NewEgg now has the MSi GAMING 4G, PNY, Zotac, and ASUS STRIX GTX 970s listed as in stock. The ASUS and Zotac GTX 980s are also in stock.
Will the next gen. version of NVidia's cards (after 9xx) have 4-digit numbering?

I wonder if the prices of 7xx will take a dive once the 9xx are permanently in stock. As of last week, the 7xx cards were still priced as high as during the spring.
You can get the EVGA Dual FTW or ASUS ROG Poseidon GTX 780 for $360 US at NewEgg right now. Look in their "Overstock" promotion on the front page. Ti's are now going for around $450 after MiR.

Ordered a MSI 970 Gaming on Newegg. It went through and in packaging. Still shows in stock. Thought these would be sold out quickly again.

So has anyone actually seen Amazon restock ANY of the 970s that have been sold out since the pages went live?

So has anyone actually seen Amazon restock ANY of the 970s that have been sold out since the pages went live?
If you insist on ordering from Amazon then you might as well get in line since they continue taking back orders when items are not listed in stock. NewEgg is probably going to be your best bet if you're waiting to order until the item is listed as in stock.

NewEgg now has the MSi GAMING 4G, PNY, Zotac, and ASUS STRIX GTX 970s listed as in stock. The ASUS and Zotac GTX 980s are also in stock.

You can get the EVGA Dual FTW or ASUS ROG Poseidon GTX 780 for $360 US at NewEgg right now. Look in their "Overstock" promotion on the front page. Ti's are now going for around $450 after MiR.
$360 seems like a good price. I think a gap of more than $75 between the 780 and the 780Ti is a bit steep.

I'm looking forward to next month's Tom's Hardware graphics card report (best value for the money at various price points).

Asus 780 for under 300 with directcu coolers

Back