GTX 680 In Stock Thread

I got new card fever,a new 680 signature model in my tower next
the 6950 Twin Frozr II cards are for sale cheap in forum but I bet Boarderland that I play now fully maxed won't run any smoother
Physxx got me,my first Nvida card after the 9800gtx
cant say I have had driver problems as the motivation,this set have never presented a problem

Last edited:
I scooped one of those up luckily the moment they got in stock via a F5 refresh, I had some nice gift cards and coupons and got it for a great price.

Anyone know what the difference is between this card and the reference GTX 680?

From the pics it looks like this card already has a high flow bracket installed, also I can tell it's pre overclocked. Is it a reference PCB? Is the fan or anything else different, any lights on it etc?

It's a reference PCB. The only difference is that the Signature come with the high flow bracket, pre overclocked, an extra power phase, a 6/8 pin connector (as opposed to 6/6 on a reference) and the sexy cosmetics of course (springing for the + nets you a backplate). All in all... A pretty good deal for only $30 extra.

Add me to the list of people that got Asus 670s instead of 680s. According to the person I spoke to on the phone it may have been an internal inventory mixup. I'm waiting for them to call me back letting me know what the next step will be.

Just an update on this, I never heard anything back from newegg. I called them just now and they sent me a prepaid label but that was the extent of what they were going to offer without me asking for more. I asked to at least have outbound shipping refunded too since I shouldn't be charged for shipping for an incorrect item which they acknowledged and said I'd be refunded for that when they get the cards back.

I picked a pair of the eVGA SCs up on Amazon in the mean time.

thats only 50 bucks over msrp and i might just bite on this if it OCs to 1300...

Looks like the 680 availability issues really came to an end this week! It was actually hard to not find EVGAs in stock at various retailers.

Great news indeed!

Looks like the 680 availability issues really came to an end this week! It was actually hard to not find EVGAs in stock at various retailers.

Great news indeed!

well not many left for sale right now so Im not sure what you're talking about

Lots of 680s (even a 690) in stock right now @ the Egg. Maybe supply issues are abating?

EVGA makes too many different models, IMHO. Very confusing to the consumer.

Honestly I agree. There's no reason for a dozen different model numbers per GPU, especially in the case of the Superclocked, Superclocked+, Signature, Signature 2, Signature+, and FTW which you then now have 4GB versions on top of that.

Much cheaper than the FTW edition and has higher overclocks. Any reason the FTW is so much more?

The FTW version uses a vapor chamber cooling option and has an 8 phase pwm design (as opposed to 5 on signature). The signature 2 also dumps the gpu's heat inside your case, while the FTW edition pushes the air out of the rear of the case.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I did this, but now my order status shows that I will get it on date 'null' hmm... on the phone with order support.

They say it's ok and the ship date will be corrected - it did not go out of stock while it was in my cart, so... I guess I'll be getting a new GPU soon lol. PS it is out of stock atm.

Well it shipped today got a tracking #. So did the backplate and high flow bracket I ordered from EVGA, now to see which gets here first lol.

BB is still sold out ATM.

Just saw this too! Did they jack the price up or has it always been $524? I was thinking it was 499 but maybe Im confusing that with the 670 version.

It has always been $524.99, at least the past few weeks or more. The 670 was at MSRP ($399.99) for those. They still have 29 in stock, :eek: !

Back