Great prices on MP3 players - 2GB Ipod Nano rip-off for only ~$45

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they have a new model out... the Spectrum. It looks like the main differences between this and the Glacier are a built in Li-Ion battery and no external speaker. The price is only a few bucks more too.

Bit on a 4 Gig Glacier...I'll post some pics/details when it comes.

Everyone is pretty happy with theres it seems.

Hard to say if it's a Meizu clone or not. The image they're using is the same photochopped image in 2 shots. The pic with the hand in it is a photochop as well as the one with a "sample" of the screen working.

I'd be interested in seeing what the actual menu navigation looks like, because that's where the Meizu's look great imo.

They responded to my pictures showing the 1 GB instead of the 2 GB.

Dear customer,

We are sorry about it . We will arrange to resebd you a replacement once youe
item is received and examined. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards
Uxcell customer service

It's going to take ~2 weeks for my Glacier to reach them, add to that the time it takes for them to "receive and examine" it, plus another ~2 weeks to get back to me.

pissed.

It looks like they have a new model out... the Spectrum. It looks like the main differences between this and the Glacier are a built in Li-Ion battery and no external speaker. The price is only a few bucks more too.

I have been looking at the specs on that Spectrum model. It shows in the specs to have a 2.5mm headphone outlet vs. the 3.5mm outlet on the Glacier. Isn't the 2.5mm outlet more standard or common?

I have a bit of fondness for the name Spectrum -- it was the name of the computer battle simulation I helped program when I was in the military. :p

They responded to my pictures showing the 1 GB instead of the 2 GB.

Dear customer,

We are sorry about it . We will arrange to resebd you a replacement once youe
item is received and examined. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards
Uxcell customer service

It's going to take ~2 weeks for my Glacier to reach them, add to that the time it takes for them to "receive and examine" it, plus another ~2 weeks to get back to me.

pissed.

Yea, after having problems with my glacier, I think it's safe to say uxcell has lost a customer in me. Had they just replaced it (without me having to send it back), I'd be happy, but instead, I have to mail this piece of junk back to china and wait forever for a new one.

I think I'll just chalk this up to $50 wasted.
I'm not pleased, at all.

I'm pretty certain that 3.5mm is the more common output size.

I was grossly mistaken, I have no idea where I thought 2.5mm was more common. You're right, guess that would make the 2.5mm more difficult to get a better set of headphones for.

i got them to send me a new one without sendint the old one back 2 gb glacier stuck at hourglass, if they hadnt sent another id have been really mad since it never even got used.

i got them to send me a new one without sendint the old one back 2 gb glacier stuck at hourglass, if they hadnt sent another id have been really mad since it never even got used.

How did you make them do that?

How did you make them do that?

Went to mympxplayer.org, and contacted the admin of the uxcell forum explained the issue sent another one no questions asked. How long he'll keep doing that who knows

Yeah im going to try to fix it maybe.

These music players look like a good deal. But how do they rate on UI vers the Ipod.

what was the delivery time for those who have ordered these last few weeks? Im gettin antsy!

Someone post pictures of the Glacier again...I ordered the 4 gig one...I would like to see more.

Thanks.

Does the Glacier come with a nokia battery? And where can I find a new discount code?

thanks

LOL, I just washed and dried my Glacier in the Laundry.

that was a fun toy while it lasted!!!

ive done that with a few mp3 players, they all survived though after giving them enough time to dry

Well the screen was completely shattered, and I'm fairly certain frying it on High got all the water out.

Does the Glacier come with a nokia battery? And where can I find a new discount code?

thanks

yes the glacier comes with a nokia battery. Discount codes can be found at mympxplayer.org site.

Here is the code for 10% off: KZATZP78CG

I guess there are alot of defected earbuds out there. I figure i am just gonna post this link. It is pretty sweet headphones, other than it doesn't have much of bass. But for that price i will trade bass for it any day.

Link

the headphone is $2 something after shipping. they take paypal too. Pretty sweet deal.

I just got my 4GB Glacier this friday but sadly i went home and didnt get the mail till today but initially im very impressed i still need to do a low level format but ill take care of that tomorrow ill take some pics also.

I received my little 512mb Peanut player. I love the thing, does everything I want it to, battery life is awesome, just one AAA rechargeable, im about 10 hours right now and its showing about 1/2 life left. The lcd is full of info for such a small display. Buttons seem solid so far, navigation is easy as pie, a 3 year old could do it. Only one minor complaint(and its really not an issue) but when you have several folders in your mp3 directory it can take a few seconds AFTER you choose the one you want for it to change over. Just a minor detail, but Im gettin used to it. Also like to add that im quite impressed by the equalizer options as well. Ive found the "Jazz" enhancement to really bring out the "punch" in tunes. I am using Sennheiser in-ear buds(which have outstanding bass anyways) so everything sounds soild to me. FM Tuner inside sucks, outside it is very crystal clear. And these stations are approximately 60+ miles away, so not too shabby. If you need a el cheapo bang around player, this is the one. I bought it to use when i mow and any other yard work that comes about. No beatin on the $300 and $250 players from here on out :)

yes the glacier comes with a nokia battery. Discount codes can be found at mympxplayer.org site.

Here is the code for 10% off: KZATZP78CG

That discount expired at the end of March. I haven't found another.

I read in a review that some of these MP3 players do not remember what they were playing when you turn the unit off and back on. That is the hold-up for me. If I am mistaken, which units remember to what you were listening after a power cycle?

I read in a review that some of these MP3 players do not remember what they were playing when you turn the unit off and back on. That is the hold-up for me. If I am mistaken, which units remember to what you were listening after a power cycle?

My Glacier remembers just fine.

Thanks!

How does it handle variable bit rate MP3's and very low and high bit rate MP3's?

Thanks!

How does it handle variable bit rate MP3's and very low and high bit rate MP3's?

Honestly I couldn't say for sure. I basically just threw CD's in my PC and let Windows Media Player RIP them and then copied them onto the Glacier. Not sure what bit rate it RIPs them at. But they sound fine enough for me.

I listen to a lot of books in MP3 format at very low mono bit rates and my music is encoded in very high variable bit rate to keep the sound quality. If the glacier will play both, I am sold!

Does anyone have any first-hand experience?

Whats your definition of low bitrate? and yes VBR are fine on this player. I have some VBR files with a low of 192 and high of 320 and they played them no problem, thats more than i can say for my last MP3 player.

By low bit rate I mean usually no lower than 64 kBit/s MP3 tracks. It looks like cpirner has already posted on page 8 that it plays 64 kBit/s WMA tracks just fine. I will assume that all is well with the playback.

Thank you for the quick and helpful responses!

I just got my glacier today. When I have sometime I'll give you guys a mini-review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back