Great prices on MP3 players - 2GB Ipod Nano rip-off for only ~$45

Status
Not open for further replies.
any one else order during the chinese new year? ugh.

I'm hoping to get mine in soon so I can prove all the local skeptics wrong.

Anyone thinking about buying these to resell, think twice.

Craigslist is littered with these. So unless you have a group of locals that are interested, I'd say don't bother.

What's the navigation like on these thing? The "Full Metal Platinum 1.8" looks like the 2nd gen ipod nano, but does it use a clickwheel? (like, is it touch sensitive?) Or is it like a cd player, where you only can go forward and backwards track by track?

i just ordered a platinum 1.8 ill let you know if i ever get it... the tracking page wont load for me so i have no idea where my order is, im sure it iwll be here ina few days

i would never buy anything from a site like that. no resellerratings. they look almost brand new. i guess i just like knowing that i've got some kind of warranty on my product.

i would never buy anything from a site like that. no resellerratings. they look almost brand new. i guess i just like knowing that i've got some kind of warranty on my product.

Yeah, but the good news here is that some others have already verified the company is legit.

I would be the same way but I found a forum full of people who had ordered from UXCELL and had a bunch of discussion going on.

I ordered (and recieved :) ) both a Glacier and Platinum and I can verify the company is legit with very fast, cheap shipping. The units themselves are very nice - although they have limited run times on the internal batteries compared to my Clix. Overall, definately worth the money.

The only wierd thing is the shipping: It leaves Uxcell via UPS and comes to the US (west coast), once it arrived in Kent, WA (near Seattle) it gets transferred to USPS (good ol' post office) for delivery (I live in Idaho). The post mark says 'New York' but according to all the tracking info I recieved it never went anywhere near the East Coast. Go figure...

-PGPfan

How fast total? I'm going on vacation in a week and a half...enough time to get it before I leave?

Probably not likely that you would recieve it in time.

I placed my order on Feb 20th. I just received an email today stating that it was being shipped. It states that on the 4th business day after receipt of this shipping notice that I will be able to start tracking my order.

So it sounds like it's gonna be at least another week before I see it.

yah when the site was up i ordered mine on feb 22 and it still said in processing last night so prob. 1-2 weeks which is what it says on the webiste

How fast total? I'm going on vacation in a week and a half...enough time to get it before I leave?

I recieved notice that they recieved payment 2/13/2007.
Received tracking number and shipping notification on 2/16/2007.
Package arrived 2/23/2007.

Hope this answers your question.

-PGPfan

Anyone with a platinum able to verify the clickwheel yet?

It's not a 'clickwheel'. Imagine 4 membrane switches at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, covered in a flexible, thick nylon 'decal' that is flush with the body of the player. It feels well made, but it's kind of hard to describe.

-PGPfan

Please stop signing your posts. It's needless and somewhat against the rules. Put it in your signature section so it's at least a smaller font ;)

No reason to read your name twice, 'eh?

Please stop signing your posts. It's needless and somewhat against the rules. Put it in your signature section so it's at least a smaller font ;)

No reason to read your name twice, 'eh?

Looks like somebody missed snack time?

-Zick

I placed my order on Feb 16, and today when I checked the shipping tracking number, I see that it left Hong Kong today:

Outward Registered Letter

Destination - United States of America
The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 27-Feb-2007

So I guess it shouldn't be too much longer before I get my Glacier, FMP 1.8 and Black Hawk.

Was just browsing the site to see if they have any FM Transmitters for the Glacier or any other MP3 player on the site so you can listen to them in the car while driving. Anyone know if they make them for these players?

-Xzi

Last I checked 95% of FM transmitters are universal. If it has a headphone jack you are good to go. I've got a couple I use at work and in the car with everything was a cd player to a pda.

Damn, I'm absent from the forums for a few days and deals like this pop up? Serves me right.

Just a quick question. The Black Hawk is the one that can play NES games, correct? Did anyone buy one of those? If so, could you tell me how you like it?

Same goes with the Full Metal one. That seemed pretty slick too but I haven't heard anything about.

I was about to purchase one of those but playing NES games on the Black Hawk is really, really tempting.

I was about to purchase one of those but playing NES games on the Black Hawk is really, really tempting.

Me too... Anyone purchased a Black Hawk yet? Review (regarding the NES capabilities) :cool:

Looks like somebody missed snack time?

-Zick

Props for uselessness.

The Rules said:
(25) You are allowed one signature per post. A signature section is supplied for that usage. No one wants to see your name on your posts multiple times as it is annoying.

Pretty sure it's a bannable offense if it becomes a problem.

Chill out guys....it's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, my Glacier was shipped out on Monday. I guess I'll get it about 10 business days?

it'd be a shame to see this thread locked because of drama.

that said, does anyone know how to get ahold of usps tracking numbers? apparently mine shipped from hong kong on the 26th.. thanks.

Hate to tell you but that Monster Cable fm transmittor is a flaming piece of shit.

I had it and I tell you, it must have a transmitting range of millimeters.

What FM Transmitter would you recommend for the Glacier MP3?

Hate to tell you but that Monster Cable fm transmittor is a flaming piece of shit.

I had it and I tell you, it must have a transmitting range of millimeters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back