Great prices on MP3 players - 2GB Ipod Nano rip-off for only ~$45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen one of the uxcell products, it was one of the nano rip-offs. It wasnt the "full metal" one, it was the kind with a plastic front and a metal back. It had a little bit of twist in it if you know what i mean. As in if you took it in both hands and twisted it a little it would squeak and move slightly. But i imagine the full metal one wouldnt have that problem. Also the play/stop symbols rubbed off after a couple days.

As far as functionality it worked. The UI seemed kinda engrishy - not streamlined and intuitive like other mp3 players ive seen.

The major drawback is that it uses a smaller headphone jack. 2.5mm i think. standard earbuds will not work and the ones that it ships with really really suck. They sound horrible, However they sell a 2.5 to 3.5 (1/8in) adapter cheap.

http://www.putfile.com/archaea/images/83471

There are the images of the glacier - it uses a standard 3.5 mm ear phones plug I wouldn't touch a unit with a 2.5 mm ear phone plug...the adapter is unwieldy.

This unit sounds QUITE nice for 50 bucks. I don't think given the functionality and asthetics of this device anyone could complain!

Ask me any specific questions and I'll try to answer. The unit has movie playback but it does NOT support AVI and WMV --- at least without converting them to another format...I'm still trying to figure that out...I'll let you know when I do. The picture of the polar bear is the unit playing a movie that came with the device. I put about 1.5 GB of mp3's on it and the interface is pretty intuitive compared to what I expected.

The little speaker rocks...i'm listening to it right now...it's like a little tiny desk radio...plenty loud to hear...Definately taking this to the office tomorrow to show it off!

I'm still trying to let it sink in that these devices are real :D

But from the pics, they seem to have had some quality time and development put into them. Wonder who makes them and why they're so damn cheap.

No one can believe the price because the US market rips off its consumers.
Remember we are a capatilist country. That's one of the reasons why MP4
never took off. Half the storage of MP3 format..

And oh yeah.. all of our MP3 players cost way to much for the market.

No one can believe the price because the US market rips off its consumers.
Remember we are a capatilist country. That's one of the reasons why MP4
never took off. Half the storage of MP3 format..

And oh yeah.. all of our MP3 players cost way to much for the market.

Oh, I know. I agree. It's still crazy though. They're taking a huge profit hit if they were to have comparable prices. The unfortunate thing is that here in the States, people have gotten used to high prices. So much so that things with a low price actually deter them because they think it has to be expensive if it's quality.

Oh, I know. I agree. It's still crazy though. They're taking a huge profit hit if they were to have comparable prices. The unfortunate thing is that here in the States, people have gotten used to high prices. So much so that things with a low price actually deter them because they think it has to be expensive if it's quality.

My sentiments exactly. And you have a valid point there US used to mean quality.. now when we export US products to other countries they think its complete garbage.

The only thing that we seem to spread to other countries is innovation *new ideas*
although other countries reinvent our ideas and usually embarass us.

Im ready to pull the trigger on one of these. They look pretty sweet.

mine just survived the drop test....on accident of course....

It's got that real slick glossy cover that shows fingerprints, but looks great when it's clean and I dropped it on the floor from waist high....no damage!

bonus...it was playing MP3's at the time, and it just kept on playing - no skip - no turnoff!!!

I bite on 4 players. I ordered 2 UX-Osmium and 2 UX-Palladium players. I should have them in by Saturday. I will let you all know how they arrive and if they work correctly. Total cost for the players shipped about $230.

I just figured out how to make the movies...
I've got an AMV convertor....looks good - works good, will take basically any format and make it into the AMV format the glacier likes.

It's prolly about 20FPS? guessing....

Here is the link to the download

http://www.mympxplayer.org/portal.php

Go down to the bottom of the screen and look for the 4.05 version - that's what I downloaded it's easy - works well makes decent vids.

Wow, I'm picking one of these babies up... screw paying 150 for an iPod!

That Glacier is totally nuts, I want to buy it.. but I really don't need one, So I just need to find a reason to buy this baby for $36... how can you not buy it? (13% Discount + $15 Paypal Discount) just.. nuts.

Bump for amazing.

Hmm..I was under the impression that the PayPal $15 rebate deal wouldn't work for this offer since the website is based in China. I was looking through that thread and noticed several times that it mentioned U.S. or Canadian websites. Maybe it just meant U.S. or Canadian money? Anyway...

I bit on the Glacier, the Full Metal 1.8 Nano lookalike, and the Black Hawk. I used the coupon code listed above (thanks!) and paid insurance for it. All totaled right at $200. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we need to setup a permanent thread for these things and get out of the [H]ot Deals section! :p

I bite on 4 players. I ordered 2 UX-Osmium and 2 UX-Palladium players. I should have them in by Saturday. I will let you all know how they arrive and if they work correctly. Total cost for the players shipped about $230.
\

Well i got my players in this morning and all i can say is they ARE Amazing. All of them work without any problems at all. The picture on these units are bright and crisp. Im watching "Ice Age" on mine and it looks great. The built-in speaker also sound nice.
One thing i will say is that i was not impressed with the package of the units when the post man gave me the package. Kids fighting for the players now lol. Looks like I will be ordering 2 more units with the coupon code:D .

Ive been looking at cheap mp3 players... I might have to bite on one of these!!!

Anyone tried the fantasia or the black hawk (the blackhawk can do roms/emulators and music correct?)

fantasia has the 2.5 mm earphone plug I believe...You can buy quality earphones that are the smaller 2.5mm jack, or use the included adapter - but realize that the american standard earphones use 3.5mm jacks.

I liked the fantasia too though - outside of the 2.5mm jack ---- it's a sharp looking unit.

Out of these 2 players UX-Osmium and UX-Palladium i enjoy the UX-Palladuim the best. All buttons r hiden and the screen just rocks and the speaker kicks. The jack on the side is 3.5mm and the usb cord can be bought anywhere if lost. The UX-Osmium needs a special usb cord , so dont lose it if you get it. The Osmium seems to be the same qulaity as the Palladuim. 2 negatives i have with the Osmium r the usb cord and the speaker doesnt sound as good. Im A Happy Camper:D .

Ordered mine on Feb 6th. According to my tracking number it didn't ship until two days ago (Feb 14th). Suxxx

I ordered mine on the 2-10-07 , processing took 2 days. Was shipped on the 2-13-07 cleared U.S. customs on 2-15-07 and then received package 2-16-07 morning. Looks like its a 5 day shipping thing. And i agree that bites , im going to have to lose mine to the kids so here i go wanting 5 days again.

gah thats crap. i was hoping for one with 2gb that would be expandable. meh

I bit on the glacier simply because it can use a readily available cell phone battery. Should be quite handy at work. Thanks!

I charged mine and people played with it using the external speaker all day at work yesterday - watching movies playing videos...Everybody was impressed at the price.

It didn't even show any battery usage after my day....I had it on speaker play for at least 2 hours...so I think battery life is pretty good and at the uxcell forums they say 8 hours or so and with a higher ma rating battery made by nokia - like an extended life battery you can get 12 hours or so.

I charged mine and people played with it using the external speaker all day at work yesterday - watching movies playing videos...Everybody was impressed at the price.

It didn't even show any battery usage after my day....I had it on speaker play for at least 2 hours...so I think battery life is pretty good and at the uxcell forums they say 8 hours or so and with a higher ma rating battery made by nokia - like an extended life battery you can get 12 hours or so.

Should have told them $75 so you could make profit :p

On my UX-Palladuim unit i charged for about 4 hours and used the speaker the entire 8 hour shift at work before it needed recharging. The software that comes with the unit works and transfering videos files to it , has been a brezze for me. No problems yet , looking at firmware update if theres 1.

I've seen one of the uxcell products, it was one of the nano rip-offs. It wasnt the "full metal" one, it was the kind with a plastic front and a metal back. It had a little bit of twist in it if you know what i mean. As in if you took it in both hands and twisted it a little it would squeak and move slightly. But i imagine the full metal one wouldnt have that problem. Also the play/stop symbols rubbed off after a couple days.

As far as functionality it worked. The UI seemed kinda engrishy - not streamlined and intuitive like other mp3 players ive seen.

The major drawback is that it uses a smaller headphone jack. 2.5mm i think. standard earbuds will not work and the ones that it ships with really really suck. They sound horrible, However they sell a 2.5 to 3.5 (1/8in) adapter cheap.

On their website it says the nano clone uses a 3.5mm jack. If it doesn't, then I won't get it, and will likely get the one you got.

Here's a pretty good forum about these players. I guess uxcell is a sponsor there.

http://www.mympxplayer.org/index.php

Sounds like the glacier has a higher failure rate than the FMP and such. I can't decide between the palladium and the FMP. I kinda want that speaker for at work.

Remember that in forums, usually people with bad expieriences are much more likely to post.

My glacier player is still working great through the first week! Everybody at work was impressed with the unit!

Sorry, I did not mean to imply they were crap. Just seems to have more problems than the FMPs are having.

I didn't even want one of these things, but for 50 bucks it's a pretty neat toy. Thanks OP.

I bit on a full metal platinum and a glacier, we shall see how long they last. I am pretty skeptical about the whole thing.

hmm (subscribed)
i'm trying to decide between the 2gb palladium and the 2gb glacier, anyone have any side by side comparisons / reviews of them?
i like the battery compatibility of the glacier, but am wondering what makes the palladium cost $16 more.
hey archaea: in those putfile pics, the one showing the contents of the box, whats that black box with the two leds on it at the top? is that the charger?
and has anyone had any experience with their support? i do realize they are in china, so i wouldnt expect much haha
i very well just may have to bite on this

Yeah, The black box with the two LEDs is the USB AC charger when you don't want to use a computer. It's similar to the standard Blackberry chargers. The Red LED means charging - green means done.

I think the palladium would be the smaller lenghtwise but thicker - I didn't compare the acutal mm size specs, but the 2" screen that both units use would be the same screen ---- but the screen on the palladium is almost the entire face, whereas the glacier has the controls on the same face as the screen. I know the glacier is really thin and I would think the palladium must be a smidge thicker.

these all look amazing, the prices are just unbelievable. Waiting to hear some more reviews from you guys

really interested in the black hawk... NES games???

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back