Grand Theft Auto V

Good to know about the CPU thing. I don't think it's affecting me, but at the very least it'll quiet my fans a bit and give me some additional overhead if I need it.

More pro-tips:
Alt tabbing opens a memory leak (?) which will cause your game to crash in <60 minutes. If you're closing the Launcher, use an automatic batch file to do it.

See the comment thread I linked earlier.

The only crash I have seen was when I added GTA5 to steam.
It crashes when executing.
Ironically, it has never crashed otherwise. Guess I'll keep playing it off the client.

Pro-tip:
If you think the vehicle camera is too low to the ground (3rd person) there's a Camera Follow option you can set to "High" which will raise it.

If you're constantly tilting your camera to see while driving, might be helpful for you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA..._quick_settings_you_should_change_right_away/

That too, but the bigger issue is that it's too slow to follow you after turns, so you don't see where you're going for a while, unless you turn the view manually. Or use in-car view. But that's not too good. You can't really feel the car that way. It seems more like riding a floaty boat.

I'm a bit disappointed, since the driving physics is two steps backwards compared to GTA IV. I don't know if there is a setting for making it more realistic?

The game says it uses 7GB of VRAM for 4K using best textures. So I do get the occasional stuttering, while driving fast. But apart from that it runs fine at 4K without MSAA.

The only crash I have seen was when I added GTA5 to steam.
It crashes when executing.
Ironically, it has never crashed otherwise. Guess I'll keep playing it off the client.
Elevate the .exes (the launcher, the pre-launcher and the GTAV.exe itself) to run as admin, then you can then launch them from the Steam client. Worked for me.

Now, if I could just get the damn overlay to work...

Elevate the .exes (the launcher, the pre-launcher and the GTAV.exe itself) to run as admin, then you can then launch them from the Steam client. Worked for me.

Now, if I could just get the damn overlay to work...

The overlay doesn't work? That's the point of doing this.... :-/

With closing the launcher, I've had 4 crashes in the last 2 hours. Even without altabbing.
Prior to this, ~15 hours of playtime and no crashes aside from the prologue on launch day.

I think the game uses the launcher to communicate with your Social Club account. All of my crashes happened while doing a particular thing: Shooting a pedestrian, stealing a car, etc. So I guess it's not safe to close it. Maybe that's why it eats CPU. Who knows.

btw I played single player for 3 hours straight today in one session, I checked my RAM usage before I quit and it was 2.3 GB.

I remember San Andreas having this feature so long as you stored the car in a garage.

Difference being, in GTAV if you take a saved car and start a mission or end up leaving it somewhere, it will end up at the impound lot so long as it's not destroyed, and you can go pick it up. I don't seem to remember that happening in GTA:SA (or maybe it did and never notified you?)

All past GTA games have had a 'nearby radius' that kept your cars alive.
If you turn your back and run around the corner, *poof* your car disappeared.

The car-saving features in GTA 5 are exponentially better than ALL past GTA games. In fact, even throughout all of the past games R* never did anything to improve the situation ... You could store cars in your garage, and that was it. Otherwise they disappear at the drop of a hat.

GTA 4 did a good job saving your car during cutscenes, though. The game would park it across the street for you.

Two quality of life things that would be great: don't launch the story or multiplayer automatically when I'm in the menu and let me head back to the main menu instead of exiting the game entirely. Simple options, but it'd be nice to have.

MSAA x2 looks great and x4 absolutely kills the framerate. Water settings at maximum is wonderful to behold, as are the reflections when it rains.

Did anyone take advantage of the 2nd GTA:O character customization the game gives you when you login?
It gave me the chance to change my character, so I altered appearance, but after saving and getting into game everything reverted back to the original...

And now obviously I won't get another chance to change it. Just curious if that's a common problem.

lol that's funny. It made me press Enter through several screens that said something like "This is the last chance you'll ever get".

I don't remember playing the PS3 version years ago and I needed to be rank 12 or higher to do heists online. I'm still rank 2 and not many people are online (most are probably still downloading or playing single player mode).

Is there a way to change ADS sensitivity? Looking around is fine but when I ads it gets crazy sensitive.

I don't remember playing the PS3 version years ago and I needed to be rank 12 or higher to do heists online. I'm still rank 2 and not many people are online (most are probably still downloading or playing single player mode).

Online for me has been dead with the exception of the online tutorial mission.

Crashes for me on the second mission where you choose a car to steal with that other black guy. Either as soon as I choose a car or during the race to get to the dealer.

The textures in this game are amazing. How do I post the full 4K screenshot?

GTA5_2015_04_15_21_52_34_47.jpg

The textures in this game are amazing. How do I post the full 4K screenshot?

http://s18.postimg.org/ekgnbhjp5/GTA5_2015_04_15_21_52_34_47.jpg[][/QUOTE]

A link or click able thumbnail would be most appreciated.

Shame the remastered version of this game fixed none of the problems i had with the original.

From the fisher price car physics/damage model to the anal retentive psychic cop ai i cannot understand why so many people gawk over this game. All cars feel the same and it only becomes more apparent after using first person, for example when driving a buggy it has the same amount of body roll as a lambo, gta 3 had better physics then this not even joking.

Going on gta style rampage is just so underwhelming and frustrating in comparison to any other gta. Hell just running over a single person in the middle of nowhere or maybe defending yourself from a gang member can easily lead to having half the police force on you. It overwhelmingly punishes you for just for experimenting or interacting with people in the world. I can only find this game tolerable if you just strictly stick to the story missions.

The game needs desperate help with sound mixing as well gun sounds are barely audible at times and it's hard to tell where your being shot from.

It does perform quite nice though certainly give r* credit for that.

Am I the only one who's playing exclusively in first-person?

I wanted to do that but stopped doing it while driving because unfortunately mirrors on the cars do not actually work and the FOV is way too close in a car. I hope someone fixes it with a mod then I would be more willing to do full first person. Right now its first person on foot and third person while driving,flying, etc.

Fulltime third person here! To me, FPS is a gimmick as the game is inherently designed for third person in mind.

Am I the only one who's playing exclusively in first-person?

I think in it's current state fps mode is useless. In cars the FOV is too small, on foot the cover system doesn't work too good in fps view, so I had to go back to 3rd. I know there is an option for it to switch to third in cover, but that's even worse since it immediately switches back to 1st when you duck out of cover disorientating me completely each time.

Shame the remastered version of this game fixed none of the problems i had with the original.

From the fisher price car physics/damage model to the anal retentive psychic cop ai i cannot understand why so many people gawk over this game. All cars feel the same and it only becomes more apparent after using first person, for example when driving a buggy it has the same amount of body roll as a lambo, gta 3 had better physics then this not even joking.

Going on gta style rampage is just so underwhelming and frustrating in comparison to any other gta. Hell just running over a single person in the middle of nowhere or maybe defending yourself from a gang member can easily lead to having half the police force on you. It overwhelmingly punishes you for just for experimenting or interacting with people in the world. I can only find this game tolerable if you just strictly stick to the story missions.

The game needs desperate help with sound mixing as well gun sounds are barely audible at times and it's hard to tell where your being shot from.

It does perform quite nice though certainly give r* credit for that.

I miss the GTA IV suspension modeling they had. Made people whine and complain at first, but when you got in a supercar the difference was appreciable. Too bad GTA V's driving has reverted to the on-rails, dodge-'em-all arcade approach to racing, which sucks considering they upped the realism in other areas.

As for the cops, I can't agree with you there. Cop AI is way more enjoyable than it's been in any of the other games. They actually respond to your last reported location and identify you instead of being locked on to your position, and you can lose them by hiding out of their line of sight now.

I found the 1st person view a bit too shaky for run and gun situations.

Did you turn down the head bob in camera settings?

TotalBiscuit's Port Report is out.
Not gonna link it, game's been out like 4 days, nobody here needs it anyhow.

The cops are pretty violent in this game. Cops were chasing this guy in a black hatchback so I followed them, he gets pulled over and the guy gets out of his car and walks towards the cops and then the cops just shot him.
cops-shoot-unarmed-man.jpg

A short while later some paramedics come to check out the guy, but he was dead, and they just left him there.
cops-shoot-unarmed-man2.jpg

Anyone else running a GTX 970 notice that any MSAA at all (even 2x) drops 10-15 fps off your frame rate?

I can live with just FXAA, but I've never seen performance take such a big hit at only 2x.

Anyone else running a GTX 970 notice that any MSAA at all (even 2x) drops 10-15 fps off your frame rate?

I can live with just FXAA, but I've never seen performance take such a big hit at only 2x.
Applying AA to shadows/foliage maybe? Smoothing every blade of grass will kill your fps.
This is the first time I've used MSAA in years. It was always a nightmare.

What resolution are you running? If you're at 1080p you should have plenty of performance to spare unless you turned up all the shadows and grass.

So I customized some cars, saved the game, and now I have the cars, but they are all stock. And my money is gone. This was done in single player.

So far I am appreciating the work that was done to create the city. But in all honesty I think I'd rather play something else. Hopefully since I just unlocked Michael the story picks up.

So far I am appreciating the work that was done to create the city. But in all honesty I think I'd rather play something else. Hopefully since I just unlocked Michael the story picks up.

You have lots to see and do yet. Michael is different from Franklin and Trevor is very very different from both of them. Also you unlock many side quest things as you play the story. Trust me, you barely have your toe in the pool yet.

Back