• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Grand theft auto V thread.

I'm not sure if that's exactly what he was doing, but I think what he was getting at is that he already had one type of a certain game (Cities), and didn't feel the urge to grab Sim City.

While I understand the comparison, I don't quite think that GTA 5 really has a substitute, and it surely isn't fair to try to without giving it a fair chance.

Was just suggesting that around the time of a big release, or during any pre-release hype buildup it's easy to build up an itch for a specific genre. Sometimes a little scratch with a facsimile brings you back to a more even keel.
 
Was just suggesting that around the time of a big release, or during any pre-release hype buildup it's easy to build up an itch for a specific genre. Sometimes a little scratch with a facsimile brings you back to a more even keel.

It's how u worded it.
But, I was only joking, so don't worry about it.

GTA5 is out!
apNeZKj.gif
 
Was just suggesting that around the time of a big release, or during any pre-release hype buildup it's easy to build up an itch for a specific genre. Sometimes a little scratch with a facsimile brings you back to a more even keel.

Understood, but you should still give it a try, even if an itch needs to be scratched (say, a sandbox environment based game). The itch will perpetually remain. :eek:
 
I'm hoping my weird "free" (read, probably actually more expensive than buying the game) games on release day routine works this time....we go to Dave and Busters a couple of times a month and get drunk and bank prize points, and they often stock new games on release day in their "winners circle", so I just go cash in my points on release day.

Got Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite both that way, so I guess we'll see. And if not, beer.

Lol that must be the worst currency conversion in the world
 
Lol that must be the worst currency conversion in the world

I don't know, I mean, it seems to be logically rooted: Intention to drink is evident, why not drink then and collect the points for a prize.
 
What is "safezone size" in display options?

This game is awesome btw. I can't wait to see the PC version. Pretty impressive for consoles.
 
What is "safezone size" in display options?

This game is awesome btw. I can't wait to see the PC version. Pretty impressive for consoles.

It's the zone on your character that NPCs aren't allowed to touch you there.

Really laboured, terrible joke aside, if I had to gues without having access to a manual, it could be the center zone on your analog stick, maybe? It sounds like the zones you'd sometimes set up for Wii FPS games.
 
What is "safezone size" in display options?

This game is awesome btw. I can't wait to see the PC version. Pretty impressive for consoles.

Q! You got the game then, eh? Liking it a lot..?

I'll be playing tonight...all night!
 
or brilliant bastard, since i'm assuming it was a troll
 
What? Why are there so many copies in your possession? Gifts?

most likely he works in some retail store and to buy that amount cost the store 200 dollars. while each copy will sell for 60 each. there are 10 copies total.

So each copy cost 20 dollars for the store and retails for 60 and that leaves the store have a 40 dollar profit per copy.
 
most likely he works in some retail store and to buy that amount cost the store 200 dollars. while each copy will sell for 60 each. there are 10 copies total.

So each copy cost 20 dollars for the store and retails for 60 and that leaves the store have a 40 dollar profit per copy.

nah, he said it was a rockstar employee's box so employees can get them for 20$ each, even stores spend more than 20$ per copy
 
I don't like reviews for GTA games from the major sites. They try to hard to get them out as fast as possible, when the game is that damn huge they just don't seem that accurate. Also, most of them have glaring issues that never get mentioned in those reviews, like the cover system in GTA 4 or the problems with the game confusing "take cover" with "jump off the edge", and issues like that.

It does sound like GTA 5 has a much better control scheme and better cover system. If they had any involvement with any developers from Red Dead Redemption, then I'll probably not have very many complaints.

Don't trust any reviews from major gaming sources. They get paid to bias their reviews. The other GTAs sucked, and they got high reviews.

roman numeral fail. poor bastard

GGi9w0o.jpg

Who wants to bet this is a Sony fanboy or fake?
 
What is "safezone size" in display options?

It adjusts the HUD so if your TV has overscan you can compensate if it's cut off.

The surround sound setup option is neat. Never seen that before.

The cops are brutal in this one! I saw a cop jump in a cop car so I stood in front of it blocking his way just to see what the game would do. He yelled at me for a little bit then got out and started shooting at me. LOL

Cars don't seem to take as much bullet damage as the previous games. You can blow out tires by roasting them too long.
 
Toys R us shipped my package today, will be here tomorrow.

was estimated to be atleast the 19th or later since i only orderd it last night so im pretty happy it will be here on the 18th.

i guess i got lucky they don't ship from a west coast warehouse or even a NJ one like newegg. it shipped from ohio to michigan.

i dont mind waiting a day since it means i got red dead redemption for free.
 
Toys R us shipped my package today, will be here tomorrow.

was estimated to be atleast the 19th or later since i only orderd it last night so im pretty happy it will be here on the 18th.

i guess i got lucky they don't ship from a west coast warehouse or even a NJ one like newegg. it shipped from ohio to michigan.

i dont mind waiting a day since it means i got red dead redemption for free.

Yeah, I ended up getting my copy from TRU as well. I bought the game, got RDR for PS3 free and a $10 GC. Returned the game, they let me keep the GC and RDR. Re-bought GTA V game with the $10 GC and got another $10 GC and another free game; GTA 4 for Xbox 360. So basically I got GTA V for $55 after sales tax and 2 free games.
 
I have to say my only complaint so far is the Radio.

This is hands down the worst soundtrack (The radio part of the soundtrack, not the actual score by Tangerine dream, etc).

There is just nothing really good to it if you don't like rap. A bunch of bands a lot of people haven't heard of.

There's no good 80's/70's aside from literally a handful, there's no good rock, and I mean rock not "pop rock" (IE RHCP, which seems like the PERFECT fit for this game, which baffles me why they aren't in).

Then there's no oldies station at all, and those are always popular on real radio. I mean The Beach boys/Tommy James and the Shondells, America, Mama's and papas, lynyrd skynyrd , etc would have been perfect for this game.

Then there is absolutely ZERO metal music, AC/DC, Ozzy, Metallica, Iron Maiden, NOTHING, not a single metal song.

It's like a huge chunk of potential is just missing, like Rockstar blew it all on the classic rap station and pop (which is probably the most expensive) and didn't have any money left for any others.

So if you don't like Rap/Pop you are screwed.
 
So if you don't like Rap/Pop you are screwed.

Or if you don't like 640x480 status resolution of consoles..Seriously though, what a shame. You've got this beautiful world to explore with all this detail and you cant enjoy it in full glory! Release this shit for PC!
 
Or if you don't like 640x480 status resolution of consoles..Seriously though, what a shame. You've got this beautiful world to explore with all this detail and you cant enjoy it in full glory! Release this shit for PC!

It'll never be up to PC's standards/quality, but it's far from being a shame. Very far.
 
It'll never be up to PC's standards/quality, but it's far from being a shame. Very far.

Thats just it though. Imagine how glorious it would be on your PC! I'd love to play it right now, im just afraid I couldnt stomach the graphics after being console-less for so long.
 
Thats just it though. Imagine how glorious it would be on your PC! I'd love to play it right now, im just afraid I couldnt stomach the graphics after being console-less for so long.

You'd be surprised how great it looks. If you liked the graphics quality/style of the 4th game, this is similar in a way (though a little more sunny and bright for sure). I wouldn't wait for the PC if you have the means to grab the game (i.e. cash money son). I know I couldn't wait...hell I bought the console/game bundle yesterday...not regretting a damn thing.
 
It'll never be up to PC's standards/quality, but it's far from being a shame. Very far.

I'm downright shocked how good it looks and runs on the PS3. GTA 4 was a disaster on the consoles. That lame ass fog to cover up draw distance and the rest of it. Shoddy performance. Shitty load times.

Not seeing any of that here. Night and day leap across the boards.

I'm with you. I'm not regretting a damned thing, either.

I refuse to wait another year or so for the PC version which is probably what we're looking at if it's a repeat of the GTA 4 cycle.

I did the same thing on GTA 4. I sold the console version when a concrete release date was put out for the PC version and never regretted it. Same will be true here.

I'm downright shocked how good this looks and runs for a console game.


Sidenote: I'm glad I didn't wait for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption incidentally. I would have missed out on hours of one of the best games of the last several years as far as I'm concerned although visually that game definitely is a come down for PC gamers. It makes up for it in sheer fun and scope. It's a gaming tragedy that RDR didn't come to the PC.

The drop off on GTA 5 is less jarring across the boards in terms of visuals and performance.

I certainly wouldn't recommend someone buy a console just to play this unless they have money to blow out of their ass. If someone already has a console sitting there then honestly? Why not? You're not going to prove anything or change Rockstar's release habits by "boycotting the console version and waiting for the PC version" so you may as well throw down if you really want to play this.
 
I'm downright shocked how good it looks and runs on the PS3. GTA 4 was a disaster on the consoles. That lame ass fog to cover up draw distance and the rest of it. Shoddy performance. Shitty load times.

Not seeing any of that here. Night and day leap across the boards.

I'm with you. I'm not regretting a damned thing, either.

I refuse to wait another year or so for the PC version which is probably what we're looking at if it's a repeat of the GTA 4 cycle.

I did the same thing on GTA 4. I sold the console version when a concrete release date was put out for the PC version and never regretted it. Same will be true here.

I'm downright shocked how good this looks and runs for a console game.


Sidenote: I'm glad I didn't wait for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption incidentally. I would have missed out on hours of one of the best games of the last several years as far as I'm concerned although visually that game definitely is a come down for PC gamers. It makes up for it in sheer fun and scope. It's a gaming tragedy that RDR didn't come to the PC.

The drop off on GTA 5 is less jarring across the boards in terms of visuals and performance.

I certainly wouldn't recommend someone buy a console just to play this unless they have money to blow out of their ass. If someone already has a console sitting there then honestly? Why not? You're not going to prove anything or change Rockstar's release habits by "boycotting the console version and waiting for the PC version" so you may as well throw down if you really want to play this.

I agree with you on this but I am getting lag on mostly in the city while driving on my 40GB PHAT PS3 with an SSD. Are you not getting this?
 
I'm downright shocked how good it looks and runs on the PS3. GTA 4 was a disaster on the consoles. That lame ass fog to cover up draw distance and the rest of it. Shoddy performance. Shitty load times.

Not seeing any of that here. Night and day leap across the boards.

I'm with you. I'm not regretting a damned thing, either.

I refuse to wait another year or so for the PC version which is probably what we're looking at if it's a repeat of the GTA 4 cycle.

I did the same thing on GTA 4. I sold the console version when a concrete release date was put out for the PC version and never regretted it. Same will be true here.

I'm downright shocked how good this looks and runs for a console game.


Sidenote: I'm glad I didn't wait for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption incidentally. I would have missed out on hours of one of the best games of the last several years as far as I'm concerned although visually that game definitely is a come down for PC gamers. It makes up for it in sheer fun and scope. It's a gaming tragedy that RDR didn't come to the PC.

The drop off on GTA 5 is less jarring across the boards in terms of visuals and performance.

I certainly wouldn't recommend someone buy a console just to play this unless they have money to blow out of their ass. If someone already has a console sitting there then honestly? Why not? You're not going to prove anything or change Rockstar's release habits by "boycotting the console version and waiting for the PC version" so you may as well throw down if you really want to play this.

With you all the way, especially the last part. If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket (realize that a lot of us don't, but a lot of us do for sure), just go for it. We're all gamers here, and if we can afford it, there's no reason to not do it. Unless you simply just can't justify the cost or time needed...well then that's a different story entirely.

Some of just simply can't wait a year or so for a company to decide to release a game we've been looking forward to on the ideal platform, and that's ok...because we've got options.
 
I agree with you on this but I am getting lag on mostly in the city while driving on my 40GB PHAT PS3 with an SSD. Are you not getting this?

I'll test that out a little bit later today. I was mostly getting my bearings and BSing around in a couple of missions yesterday.

Won't surprise me if I see it... come to think of it...yeah, I might have. I'll check for it deliberately later today.
 
I'm downright shocked how good it looks and runs on the PS3. GTA 4 was a disaster on the consoles. That lame ass fog to cover up draw distance and the rest of it. Shoddy performance. Shitty load times.

Not seeing any of that here. Night and day leap across the boards.

Did you miss all of this? The city is covered in fog in the distance. The game runs at 20-30fps. Load times are slightly bettter though.
 
Did you miss all of this? The city is covered in fog in the distance. The game runs at 20-30fps. Load times are slightly better though.

I should have been more specific: In GTA4 that fog was everywhere and awfully close up. The load times were abysmal and at times the performance almost went to still screen style in terms of fps.

For a game like this if I can get 30fps on a console I probably can't ask for much more.

It is what it is. Overall they did a hell of a lot better job on this vs its predecessor on the consoles.


Don't get me wrong, folks. I'm not trying to whitewash this thing. It's a console game. It's a really good console game as is. No more. No less. (In terms of visuals and performance)
 
Last edited:
Make sure you don't install the Play disc to the hard drive. Rockstar warned against doing so due to performance issues and pop-ins that it creates.
 
Back
Top