Grand theft auto V thread.

If you just want SA hdremake with then you will probably love it.... not for me though.

So stolen/free game doesn't live up to your high standards- "would not play." Got it. Thank you for your assessment, I almost blew $60 on the worst GTA of all time.

WafxFGA.jpg

So stolen/free game doesn't live up to your high standards- "would not play." Got it. Thank you for your assessment, I almost blew $60 on the worst GTA of all time.

WafxFGA.jpg

Not stolen i still got 18 hours too delete it :D. Enjoy your mediocrity though.

So should I wait for the PC release for buy a cheap PS3 and buy the game on release?

Decisions..decisions..

I got a midnight launch 10 mins down the road i am gunna pickup, eh not really bothered by gfx if there a bit bad in spots, just really want to play a new GOOD game badly, looks like so much to do this time round with more dev time obviously spent on adding game play more than updating tech that i think made gta IV a bit stale as it would of taken a fair chunk of dev time updating it to a dynamic lighting system on the scale it is at is quite a amazing in itself.

I will PC it with mods, playing the DLC and multiplayer

More evidence a PC version/ps4 version is on the way:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAV/comments/1md3pi/gtav_for_pc_and_ps4_evidence_found_by_4chan_there/

In an XML file from a memory dump it mentions both a "PC configuration overrides" and also mentions the platform "Orbis" (The PS4 OS is called Orbis).

I don't doubt they're coming. It's just a question of when.

Probably be a repeat of GTA4. I'd bet PS4/PC versions come out say...May 2014 at the latest? Give or take?

That's no problem for me. I already own a PS3 so I'll play the hell out of it. Sell it when that release get iced and by the time I get the PC version it'll be practically like playing a new and different game.

The difference between the PC version of GTA 4 vs its console bretheren was night and day and I expect a comparable difference here as well.

Struggling with which version to get, PS3 or 360.. I have a couple friends with PS3 but I love the 360's controller sooo much more.

Struggling with which version to get, PS3 or 360.. I have a couple friends with PS3 but I love the 360's controller sooo much more.

Love dat 360 controller. Won't touch an xbone until they sell it without kinect but I had both ps3 and multiple 360's for a long time and found myself preferring 360 mostly for controller.

And the orbis then? It's never been on the Orbis....

because Rockstar, amazingly enough, eventually plans to make a game for the PS4 and owns devkits?

I'm not sure what is so surprising about any of these things.

That is what baffles me, if a user gets the game LEGIT early (IE a mom and pop store that sales it to him) microsoft bans their console from the internet?

That's what happened with the Jsticks guy (the guy who leaked video first), he got the actual game early, he didn't "pirate" it or anything, then he got his console banned.

I can understand Rockstar wanting ot keep footage and things off the net, an dit's one thing to send out takedown notices to youtube/etc, but it's another to BAN someone's console which they bought LEGALLY becuase they showed pics of a game they bought LEGALLY.

THe user isn't at fault, the store that sold it early is.

That is what baffles me, if a user gets the game LEGIT early (IE a mom and pop store that sales it to him) microsoft bans their console from the internet?

That's what happened with the Jsticks guy (the guy who leaked video first), he got the actual game early, he didn't "pirate" it or anything, then he got his console banned.

I can understand Rockstar wanting ot keep footage and things off the net, an dit's one thing to send out takedown notices to youtube/etc, but it's another to BAN someone's console which they bought LEGALLY becuase they showed pics of a game they bought LEGALLY.

THe user isn't at fault, the store that sold it early is.

Let's get real. 99.9% of the copies being played right now are pirated copies, not the morons that got a legit copy early and dont understand how posting videos before release might be painting a target on their backs.

Last edited:
Let's get real. 99.9% of the copies being played right now aren't the poor innocent victim that got a legit copy early. I'm sure they'll get their access back.

I know that, but I'm just saying he was the first one that showed video from it and he showed that he had bought the actual retail game and didn't pirate it, yet MS banned him first, even knowing it wasn't a pirate copy.

I know that, but I'm just saying he was the first one that showed video from it and he showed that he had bought the actual retail game and didn't pirate it, yet MS banned him first, even knowing it wasn't a pirate copy.

Understood, but really doesn't change anything. He's moron-certified for lacking the common sense that posting videos before release date means painting a target on your back especially on this high profile a game launch, legit or otherwise.

Understood, but really doesn't change anything. He's moron-certified for lacking the common sense that posting videos before release date means painting a target on your back especially on this high profile a game launch, legit or otherwise.

I still call bullshit on MS's part and they need to reverse it. If he bought it legit, he is under no NDA or other agreement.

You are allowed to play it, just not openly show it. I think so at least, safest thing to do is just disconnect from the internet if you wanna play.

You are allowed to play it, just not openly show it. I think so at least, safest thing to do is just disconnect from the internet if you wanna play.

Who really knows that though?

I mean when people buy a game it isn't like there's some well known rule or agreement that you can't "Show footage" of it online or something.

I mean an average consumer isn't a games reviewer, they dont' have nda's or have to sign any kind of contract.

It's just some rule buried in ms's Terms of Service (that no one even reads usually).

Who really knows that though?

I mean when people buy a game it isn't like there's some well known rule or agreement that you can't "Show footage" of it online or something.

I mean an average consumer isn't a games reviewer, they dont' have nda's or have to sign any kind of contract.

It's just some rule buried in ms's Terms of Service (that no one even reads usually).

There's obviously more to the story. And these aren't some innocent "average consumers" - these guys knew exactly what they were doing. In any case who really cares at this point? Write a letter to Microsoft.

Still Bullshit. (But, its not surprising considering what they tried in Feb with Xbone)
Especially since SONY is NOT banning consoles.

LIVE STREAM
http://video.gamecreds.com/uzddydygvma0/channel/MAGIC-MIKE-FOOLS

This game is the shit. Soooo many things to do

Does it actually run at a reasonable framerate on the 360 unlike GTA4?

When I saw GTA4's performance on the 360, I threw up in my mouth a little.

For consoles I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen. Makes me drool imagining what the PC version will look like.

Let's get real. 99.9% of the copies being played right now are pirated copies, not the morons that got a legit copy early and dont understand how posting videos before release might be painting a target on their backs.

You bet.

What I'm seeing in this pirated footage looks like a game that harkens back to the earlier GTA games in some respects and that's a very good thing.

About the driving, I actually prefer a bit more arcadeish. The driving in GTA 4 was pretty much impossible to master completely, and the mods that "fixed it" didn't really do shit, cars still flew around like they were made of paper.

CMON GTA V GET RELEASED ALREADY!

Does it actually run at a reasonable framerate on the 360 unlike GTA4?

When I saw GTA4's performance on the 360, I threw up in my mouth a little.

I've played several hours and the frame rate isn't great on 360 (not sure about PS3) especially once you start playing as Trevor and your in the desert. There's a fair amount of pop in and low res textures. That being said the game does look pretty good and more importantly it is f'ing amazing. Best GTA game IMO.

About the driving, I actually prefer a bit more arcadeish. The driving in GTA 4 was pretty much impossible to master completely, and the mods that "fixed it" didn't really do shit, cars still flew around like they were made of paper.

CMON GTA V GET RELEASED ALREADY!

Paper? The cars felt heavy in gta 4 (you know like a car) they were difficult to stop at high speed they also had body roll and with collisions that felt realistic. If you want dumbed down physics and none of these things in favor of "control" you're going to love gta 5.

I've played several hours and the frame rate isn't great on 360 (not sure about PS3) especially once you start playing as Trevor and your in the desert. There's a fair amount of pop in and low res textures.
Same for ps3... performance is just as bad as it is in gta 4.

Back