• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Grand theft auto V thread.

Heh...it just amazes me that 2,700+ people believe that PC gamers should not get PC games "because they're pirates"... :rolleyes:

What amazes me is that people will go out of there way to ruin other peoples fun. How could GTA V being out for PC possibly hurt those people in any way. Someone took the time to make that petition and then 2700+ people took time out of their day to sign it.
 
GTA5 looks awesome. I have a PS4 on preorder and I'm pretty sure if I got this game, it will occupy me for months and I can safely cancel my preorder :)

There's a poll on Gamespot for best game series ever, the 2 finalists are GTA and Elder Scrolls series, so far its pretty close. Either one is a worthy winner.
 
Seems there's certain things coming out of the woodwork now, be careful of spoilers.
 
Those change.org petition are utterly useless, not to mention there was one already when GTA V was first announced.
 
Seems there's certain things coming out of the woodwork now, be careful of spoilers.

I'm avoiding all gaming related news sites and most social media until Tuesday. Its also good to take a break from mass media and social networks now and again.
 
Can't seem to find the rule thread on here (been so long since I looked at it).

Is it against the forum rules to post gifs/images/video of a game before it is released if it's from a legit copy somone got early?
 
Those change.org petition are utterly useless, not to mention there was one already when GTA V was first announced.

That is exactly how we got Dark Souls on PC. And that was with 90k sigs. GTA5 has 350k+
At this point, Rockstar is just trolling.
 
That is exactly how we got Dark Souls on PC. And that was with 90k sigs. GTA5 has 350k+
At this point, Rockstar is just trolling.

1 successful petition by a small developer != chance of success with a huge developer.


Anyways, people once again fail with history where GTA almost always came out 6+ months after console release.
 
1 successful petition by a small developer != chance of success with a huge developer.


Anyways, people once again fail with history where GTA almost always came out 6+ months after console release.

No dude, you miss the point. 350k+ is enough people to get anyones attention.
Of course the game is coming. That is exactly why they are trolling, they act like it doesn't exist. It's stupid.
 
No dude, you miss the point. 350k+ is enough people to get anyones attention.
Of course the game is coming. That is exactly why they are trolling, they act like it doesn't exist. It's stupid.

Then why are you and others bitching about it if you know it's coming?
 
They act like it doesn't exist because they don't want people sayin "I hold my money for the PC version" They want as much people as possible to buy it on release for the console. Also the console version is more expensive, I think they have more profit on it, even with royalties.

But since I can't play a shooter with a controller, I have no choice.

I think they could easily sway half of the people waiting for the PC version by adding keyboard/mouse support to the console version. I'd go buy it day one that's for sure.
 
I'm absolutely going to play the game, I do have a backlog of really great games because I spent a couple of years focusing on school ect, so I can wait. If I didn't have anything truly great in my catalog I'd probably buy it for console. My brother should be picking up the xbox360 version so I'll certainly check it out in the meanwhile. As for now, I've got the Witcher 2, Dues Ex, and Skyrim ahead of me, with mods of course.
 
I bought a ps3 for Red Dead Redemption -- I hadn't played on a console until then for over 10 years -- when I loaded up RDR I was like " this looks like a steaming turd". I couldn't believe how graphically dated the game looked and how terrible it performed ( 15 FPS in towns,etc). I hope GTA isn't the same, though I don't expect any miracles when dealing with 8 yr old hardware.
 
They act like it doesn't exist because they don't want people sayin "I hold my money for the PC version" They want as much people as possible to buy it on release for the console.

I hold my money for the PC version.
 
I hold my money for the PC version.

How many months are you willing to wait?

I've decided I'll double dip just like I did on GTA 4. The second the PC version finally gets put in concrete I'll sell it.

It's just a damned shame Rockstar is bullshitting around like this. They did a beautiful job on Max Payne 3. Why can't this be handled the same way?
 
How many months are you willing to wait?

I've decided I'll double dip just like I did on GTA 4. The second the PC version finally gets put in concrete I'll sell it.

It's just a damned shame Rockstar is bullshitting around like this. They did a beautiful job on Max Payne 3. Why can't this be handled the same way?

Max Payne 3 is a pretty linear shooter when GTA5 is developing a massive open world. Yeah I want them to release on the same day but I get why they’re not.
 
I'd honestly rather not grab another PS3 and then sell it again, just for one game, but I do really want to play this game...very badly.
 
I'd honestly rather not grab another PS3 and then sell it again, just for one game, but I do really want to play this game...very badly.

My PS3 was broke until this was announced. I fixed it just for this game.
 
Everyone that thinks it's coming to PC should calm down and remember RDR.

Rockstar gets no money from me until RDR comes to PC.
 
Everyone that thinks it's coming to PC should calm down and remember RDR.

Rockstar gets no money from me until RDR comes to PC.

if you are waiting for that to hit PC you are doing yourself a disservice. that game is brilliant and warrants a console purchase on its own
 
if you are waiting for that to hit PC you are doing yourself a disservice. that game is brilliant and warrants a console purchase on its own

To which I won't buy a console just for it...I'm waiting.
 
Developers are not stupid. If its not being release for PC there's a reason.

A = sales from pc version
B = pc sales due to piracy
C = console sales lost due to piracy
D = cost of developing pc version

B + C + D > A

And thus no pc version for now.
 
if you are waiting for that to hit PC you are doing yourself a disservice. that game is brilliant and warrants a console purchase on its own

It was a good game, but I have to disagree that it's worth a console purchase. It's basically just GTA with cowboys and indians. :p

Most likely not gonna buy GTA 5 here unless it comes out for PC.
 
Seems like a pretty smart move for them to release for the old consoles first. That's the only way they'll really get any sales for 360 and PS4. Once the new consoles are out, it should be a huge seller on XB1 and PS4, and no one is going to want the old versions at that point. Hopefully the PC version will come out along with the new console versions, but I won't be surprised if the PC version gets pushed back even farther. Hopefully they learned some things from the GTA4 PC release, and it'll be a little more polished at release this time.
 
I'm waiting for the PC release as well. Since I don't own a console and my 8 year old gaming PC won't handle GTA5 at a decent framerate, I'm building a new PC in the next few months so I'll be prepared for some 1080P goodness.

Having patience is a virtue. I can wait. :)
 
It was a good game, but I have to disagree that it's worth a console purchase. It's basically just GTA with cowboys and indians. :p

Most likely not gonna buy GTA 5 here unless it comes out for PC.

the cowboy aspect is what makes it so great. the GTA elements work well but really its a game in a time period virtually untouched. and it was done insanely well. lasso-ing horses i mean come on! mexican stand offs.. poker games...that game was a masterpiece.
 
I think it'll come to PC, but prolly not for like 6+ months after the game is released, just like the previous GTAs. I'd buy it for PC if it was sooner, but dont think I can wait :p Getting the 360 version since mines been collecting dust.
 
Well in case anyone wants to know.

After seeing the YT videos of GTA IV with the graphics mods, I decided to install the vanilla game on my HTPC until I get a discrete graphics card. The game is not playable on an Intel Pentium G860 w/ Intel HD Graphics and 8GB DDR3 RAM. When I say not playable, I mean literally the graphics aren't rendered completely. Buildings, street signs, etc... do not even show up. All you see is barely the road texture in some places, sometimes a sidewalk. This was with the default settings at 800x600.

Additionally, having to login to RockStar's Social network bullshit, then having to login to Games For Windows Live bullshit was the most annoying shit ever. It took longer to get all that sorted than it took to download the 13.9GB worth of game data on Steam.
 
Yeah, after a certain patch GTA IV became unplayable for me as well. Never played it again after that (but I finished the main campaign missions anyway so, whatever).
 
the cowboy aspect is what makes it so great. the GTA elements work well but really its a game in a time period virtually untouched. and it was done insanely well. lasso-ing horses i mean come on! mexican stand offs.. poker games...that game was a masterpiece.

Yeah it was indeed good, but I guess my point is that it follows the same formula of "do this quest -> ride/drive/whatever to this location really far away -> do another quest", etc. I got sick of riding around from quest to quest after awhile, and the same happens with GTA for me.
 
Developers are not stupid. If its not being release for PC there's a reason.

A = sales from pc version
B = pc sales due to piracy
C = console sales lost due to piracy
D = cost of developing pc version

B + C + D > A

And thus no pc version for now.

And its not that.
When you have Japanese developers porting all their games to PC that have NEVER done so before because of fears of piracy or whatever, that should tell you something. Namco Bandai is bringing everything, Sega is doing the same, Capcom is constantly on PC. Right now, in this climate, Rockstar is nothing but bullshitting.
 
When GTAIV released I bought it for PS3, then when it dropped for PC I immediately bought it for PC and sold my PS3 copy.

I really don't like console graphics but this game is far too epic for me to wait til spring for PC copy. I'm buying this early morning wednesday and have all day thursday off to play my heart out. I love GTA!!
 
And its not that.
When you have Japanese developers porting all their games to PC that have NEVER done so before because of fears of piracy or whatever, that should tell you something. Namco Bandai is bringing everything, Sega is doing the same, Capcom is constantly on PC. Right now, in this climate, Rockstar is nothing but bullshitting.

The Japanese studios are hardly selling on the consoles, not to the level of R* games for sure. The pc is additional revenue for them and they are not going to get pirated so much.

GTA5 is a big deal. Console games also generate more revenue. Even AAA pc titles get discounted from day 1 or within a few months at most. Console games don't. There are many people who would not buy GTA5 on release day if they knew a pc version was coming out.

This is also why a PS4/XB1 version has not been announced.
 
The Japanese studios are hardly selling on the consoles, not to the level of R* games for sure. The pc is additional revenue for them and they are not going to get pirated so much.

GTA5 is a big deal. Console games also generate more revenue. Even AAA pc titles get discounted from day 1 or within a few months at most. Console games don't. There are many people who would not buy GTA5 on release day if they knew a pc version was coming out.

This is also why a PS4/XB1 version has not been announced.

You're not making much sense, but basically what you are saying is...

If they released the game on the PC at the same time as the consoles, it would sell more on the PC than on consoles (individually). I can agree with that.

We will never know the real reason why they choose to release the GTA games months after their console debuts, especially considering GTA started on the PC. Much like Epic Games/UT that started on the PC, whom made them what they are today, only to abandon them. :rolleyes:

Though if I was to take a stab at it; I would venture to say it has more to do with Sony and Microsoft wanting exclusiveness to the game before the PC. This is, as you said, because people would prefer to buy the PC version instead thus Sony and Microsoft would be losing out. Since Sony and Microsoft has more control over what goes on their consoles it's easy to see why they'll put the PC on the back burner.
 
Back
Top