Grand theft auto V thread.

The Japanese studios are hardly selling on the consoles, not to the level of R* games for sure. The pc is additional revenue for them and they are not going to get pirated so much.

You realize, you just proved my point. The risk is low, exactly.
Fine, forget the Japanese. It's a fine example of pubs getting into the PC market, but lets go to NA. EA, Activision, Bethesda, T2 plenty of big level pubs in North America doing same day releases. Ubisoft, who paned the PC platform like 2 years ago, brings everything day one. This is nothing but stubbornness, or some fucked up mentality that they will sell more later. Piracy is not the issue anymore.

Of course, Rockstar wants to keep playing this little game. Its gotten stupid. Nobody does it anymore.

ifSFm5F1Bjzp1.png

You realize, you just proved my point. The risk is low, exactly.
Fine, forget the Japanese. It's a fine example of pubs getting into the PC market, but lets go to NA. EA, Activision, Bethesda, T2 plenty of big level pubs in North America doing same day releases. Ubisoft, who paned the PC platform like 2 years ago, brings everything day one. This is nothing but stubbornness, or some fucked up mentality that they will sell more later. Piracy is not the issue anymore.

Of course, Rockstar wants to keep playing this little game. Its gotten stupid. Nobody does it anymore.

I couldn't agree more.

Not really hyped at all, car physics and damage are much more arcadey and now there is regenerative health making any confrontation with police basically never ending. I'll probably give it a rental at best.

Where you gettting this info? A lot of people are jumping to conclusions based on a very short vine video (which the guy said he had upgraded the armor on that car)

Meanwhile there's been others that show off car damage, like a train hitting a car and leaving it totaled with the front half chopped off.

the cowboy aspect is what makes it so great. the GTA elements work well but really its a game in a time period virtually untouched. and it was done insanely well. lasso-ing horses i mean come on! mexican stand offs.. poker games...that game was a masterpiece.

my man dont argue with fools. if some brain surgeon comes along and says "RDR is just GTA with cowboys and indians" you just give that scroll wheel some business and keep moving.

Developers are not stupid. If its not being release for PC there's a reason.

A = sales from pc version
B = pc sales due to piracy
C = console sales lost due to piracy
D = cost of developing pc version

B + C + D > A

And thus no pc version for now.

Everyone wish conspiracy theories or entitled feelings about why GTA5 *should* be on PC day one or "why it should be on next gen" but isn't, please read the above post until you get it. GTA 5 is the most expensive video game to create and market in history. As such you can bet plenty of financial analysis went into their platform strategy. They looked at it from every angle. They are aware there's been a resurgence in PC gaming thanks to Steam and its clones. But obviously not enough to change their strat.

Rockstar is in the business of selling games, and in this case making a ROI on the money that went into GTA5. They are not in the business of helping launch a new console, nor are they in the business of making sure they have it on as many platforms as possible including iPads and Wii-U like some POS call of duty title. As such they've targeted the platforms with A) the biggest installed base that B) also buys games at full price and C) have the least >RELATIVE< piracy. Just because bing-bang japanese developer or Ubisoft had a change of heart and decided releasing on PC same day as consoles doesn't make a difference to R*

And this is coming from a PC gamer at heart whose 360 exists only to play RDR and otherwise collects dust. One man's opinion.

Where you gettting this info? A lot of people are jumping to conclusions based on a very short vine video (which the guy said he had upgraded the armor on that car)

Meanwhile there's been others that show off car damage, like a train hitting a car and leaving it totaled with the front half chopped off.

Didn't say there wasn't damage modeling but it's clearly more forgiving and far less realistic or sensitive as it was in gta 4. Car physics are more arcade racer with most of the cars having no body roll or momentum at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0GP4jpzmYY

When GTAIV released I bought it for PS3, then when it dropped for PC I immediately bought it for PC and sold my PS3 copy.

I really don't like console graphics but this game is far too epic for me to wait til spring for PC copy. I'm buying this early morning wednesday and have all day thursday off to play my heart out. I love GTA!!

I feel the same way, I have no problem dusting off my 360 in order to play this game immediately.

hah everyone seems to be doing that, i dusted mine, turned its on let the update shit do its business setup a flashstick to install, got my midnight launch ticket and now its time to play the waiting game....

Fuck Rockstar and any game they make. They didn't port RDR to PC, so fuck those guys.

Developers are not stupid. If its not being release for PC there's a reason.

A = sales from pc version
B = pc sales due to piracy
C = console sales lost due to piracy
D = cost of developing pc version

B + C + D > A

And thus no pc version for now.

You wouldn't subtract B from A, that makes no sense (regardless of whether or not that is supposed to be "pc sales lost due to piracy").

You wouldn't subtract B from A, that makes no sense (regardless of whether or not that is supposed to be "pc sales lost due to piracy").

What I was thinking. But there is only one type of person in my book that crusades on behalf of companies. I could personally care if it never came out at all. In the end in 2013 I find it hard to believe in that people still think piracy on the Pc kills sales.

taking a deeper look at other real game play videos, this seems to be about right for the xbox version. But the videos rockstar showed us totally has to be PC.

It's nasty for sure, they are definitely showcasing on a beefed up rig. There's no question.

taking a deeper look at other real game play videos, this seems to be about right for the xbox version. But the videos rockstar showed us totally has to be PC.

Which is why it will likely come to PC when the new consoles drop. They need to make $$$ on the old consoles one last time. Watch for the Next Gen/PC announcement for xmas sometime in November.

You don't get to their level without playing smart poker.

F**k Rockstar and any game they make. They didn't port RDR to PC, so f**k those guys.

I feel the same way. Waited for months and months for the PC port and finally bought it for the Xbox 360. The graphics were so painful, I couldn't get into the game. All I kept thinking was how much better this game would look on my PC!

Wow, some of you guys seem extremely elitist.

RDR was fine graphically, and if you care THAT much about graphics to let it stop you from playing a very good game with great gameplay then stick to pc's.

Wow, some of you guys seem extremely elitist.

RDR was fine graphically, and if you care THAT much about graphics to let it stop you from playing a very good game with great gameplay then stick to pc's.

Gotta disagree. RDR on the ps3, which I still play from time to time, looks terrible. The framerate in towns is abysmal. It really takes away the immersion factor. The game is still amazing but I can imagine how much better it could have been at 1080p+ w/max settings and constant 60+fps (and KB/M for aiming instead of derp sticks,etc.).

All I kept thinking was how much better this game would look on my PC!

I love to laugh at people who only grade a game on the graphics, if a game is fun and has good gameplay i dont care if it is on a NES, Xbone, or a PC. Sorry but from playing games on Atari 2600 to 386 PCs with crappy graphics, gameplay is what makes or breaks a game period.

Gotta disagree. RDR on the ps3, which I still play from time to time, looks terrible. The framerate in towns is abysmal. It really takes away the immersion factor. The game is still amazing but I can imagine how much better it could have been at 1080p+ w/max settings and constant 60+fps (and KB/M for aiming instead of derp sticks,etc.).

Never had huge problems with framerates (Though I played on the 360).

The game is NOT that "Terrible" looking, and certainly not enough that it detracts at all from the gameplay.

Regardless of RDR, there is a very good chance GTA V is coming to pc, Rockstar isn't that dumb to ignore next-gen and pc platforms and most likely they are not "officially" announcing them so people will double dip and buy it now and then later on the pc or next gen consoles.

I will be enjoying the game and when it does come to pc , if I like it enough, I will probably pick it up on a sale like I did with GTA IV.

It's going to be fun watching the review scores for this. Most of the big guys like IGN, Gamespot etc will rush to give it 9/10 or the holy grail of 10/10. Then some of the less mainstream sites will make it a point to give it 6-7/10 just to stand out. Giantbomb, Polygon, Destructoid etc will be in the middle.

In the end bonuses get decided by metacritic scores so there's a lot of money changing hands to ensure the high scores I guess.

Amen, same with GTA. Playing with derp controls is sooooo painful. I would rather stick jalepenos in my eyes than endure using a tard controller.

It's going to be fun watching the review scores for this. Most of the big guys like IGN, Gamespot etc will rush to give it 9/10 or the holy grail of 10/10. Then some of the less mainstream sites will make it a point to give it 6-7/10 just to stand out. Giantbomb, Polygon, Destructoid etc will be in the middle.

Destructoid? Heh. They gave Saints Row 4 a 9.5/10 so they've painted themselves into a bit of a corner. God bless SR4, I know a lot of people like it because its "wacky" and junior high, but good god. I lasted about 30min. Doesn't hold a candle to the gameplay I've seen of GTA5.

Last edited:
I'm interested in GTA V yet I'll withhold opinion until I see the game released on PC. The videos nor screenshots on various sites certainly don't convey the true visuals of the game or gameplay.

Amen, same with GTA. Playing with derp controls is sooooo painful. I would rather stick jalepenos in my eyes than endure using a tard controller.

I don't think 3rd person shooters are on the atrocious level, unlike FPS which I find almost unplayable with a controller. The controllers are much better when it comes to sports games though, KB/M is pretty shitty there.

IMO while the mouse may be the best for aiming, the controller works a lot better when it comes to driving.

my friend started playing today. i wont say how he obtained it.

looks pretty amazing, he sent me some videos of him on a sailboat and in a amusement park looks like so much fun

I've seen that pic posted around, then I've seen others like this:

QMgAksj.jpg

Seems like there are (just as most games) places where there's lower res textures and places with more details.

Even PC games do this, like the highly acclaimed Dishonored pc game, in the starting area there was a tree (where you played hide and seek near the start) and the tree had HORRIBLE low res textures.

Yes there's snow in North Yanktown.

The thing is so far (from what people have found) is that it's only one mission early on.

Which seems like a huuuuuuuge waste to have that nice snow on just a single mission and not in the open world.

Hopefully there's places with it (like in the mountains there shoudl be snow near the top area's) and further north.

my friend started playing today. i wont say how he obtained it.

looks pretty amazing, he sent me some videos of him on a sailboat and in a amusement park looks like so much fun

Your "friend", eh? ;)

My "friend" played it as well. I would say the car physics are very close to gta3/vice/sa again, so is the damage sensitivity and impacts. Momentum is extinguished quickly making any wrecks/flips boring and over quickly. Too me that's awful when they could have just built upon what they already had but instead they replaced it with something lame and entirely unimpressive imo. It's detrimental to the whole experience when driving is 90% of gta. I was tired of the way the cars handled by the end of Vice city and never made it through SA because of the lack of improvement.

Lighting is vastly superior and clarity is a bit better than 4 (no more blur filter) but no more motion blur neither when going fast kind of sucks as well though. Textures are mediocre in game but decent in cutscenes but not really improved over 4 (still no texture filtering), cars look worse being lower poly and oddly reflective. Some effects like explosions look better others not so much, popin/framerate is mostly the same as 4 (bad). Traffic density is dependent on where you are pedestrians are not as numerous as they were in gta 4 clearly... but seeing how this game isn't "liberty city" it does make sense.

Shooting is mostly the same but less clunky, some of the gun sounds are unimpressive almost muted sounding. Sometimes i have a hard time even telling when im being shot at. Every time you get a kill from a gun you get this annoying screen flash i wish you could turn off. Gore is limited too bullet decals, no gaping head wounds like rdr, no dismemberment. Cop AI similar to the some of the driver games (finally) and is now more based on line of sight than psychic cops. Some of the skill based rpg mechanics have returned but mostly don't even care for that stuff all that much.

If you just want SA hdremake with then you will probably love it.... not for me though.

Mehhh about 4 days to go unless Amazon ships on the 17th and I somehow get it on the 18th.

Back