i do want to add.. it would be better if the real money stuff was simply not present at all in the game. if they wanna make "car packs" like forza that represent real human time and resources and artistry, that's one thing. but just letting people spend money to shortcut to more credits/cars is definitely greedy "well if they WANT to do it, who are we to stop them?" bullshit. i'm just saying i don't think it's the level of being outrageous or insulting where i'd feel like i had to spend real money to enjoy the game.
At which point does introducing small inconveniences to players, and then selling the remedy for it become too much? If we don't stand up to it right at the start it will just get worse. Like Assassin's Creed nerfing XP and adding a paid XP booster to return the game to a more normal progression. Just because the game can be played without paying doesn't make it OK.

Last edited:
Looks like it will be worth the wait. I've read some people complaining that FFB is not strong enough even with the 8Nm version, but it looks good to me in this video.

I actually reordered it minus the pedal add on so it shipped immediately as it was in stock. It will still be a 2 week wait to make it up here in Canada.

I have heard reports that compared to other wheels it doesn’t feel quite as strong as 8nm should be but we will see. I think it will be fine.

Looks like it will be worth the wait. I've read some people complaining that FFB is not strong enough even with the 8Nm version, but it looks good to me in this video.

Good thing I went the "cheap" route with the G923. I have no issue with FF strength. The game bugged out once when the effects disappeared for one race, but otherwise this is fine.

There is a bug with the trophy for getting all gold on the rain license tests, so if you're concerned about that I'd wait until there is a patch to fix it.

Looks like if the servers are down you can't even progress in single player, the only things available offline is musical rally and arcade races.

Interesting...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10000956
1646836335962.png

They probably copy pasted the description of GT6 too, as well as 99% of the code :p
I mean, the dynamic weather and lighting system comes from GT6, it's just updated. The physics engine is also much improved over GT6. Nothing wrong with updating a proven engine if it's solid. Despite my gripes with some of the gameplay systems, the actual driving aspect is fantastic.

There is a bug with the trophy for getting all gold on the rain license tests, so if you're concerned about that I'd wait until there is a patch to fix it.

I ran into the tuning bug where it doesn't save what parts you have installed. Ended up having to delete my local save file and resync it down to get things fixed. At least they know about it: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_1203723.html

I ran into the tuning bug where it doesn't save what parts you have installed. Ended up having to delete my local save file and resync it down to get things fixed. At least they know about it: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_1203723.html
Ja, the list of known issues in the news post at the bottom of the main menu is quite long. I have not run into any issues, yet, so I hope it stays that way.

- Fixed an issue wherein clearing all licence tests on wet surfaces would not award the Bronze trophy ‘Rain Royalty.’ Players who have already cleared the relevant tests can acquire the trophy by clearing the tests again;

LOL, just do it again.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.06

Main Features Implemented
1. Race Display
 - Added wind direction and wind speed indicators. An arrow (wind direction) and number (wind speed) will be displayed on the upper right of the screen under the Track Map

2. Music Replay
 - Added 64 music tracks

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8607273.html
Great, let's just clog up the HUD with more useless information. What they need to do is allow us to turn off specific parts of the HUD instead of just having two options that are basically just all or nothing.

Great, let's just clog up the HUD with more useless information. What they need to do is allow us to turn off specific parts of the HUD instead of just having two options that are basically just all or nothing.
Yeah, a customizable hud with only the information we need would be nice. There is so much useless clutter on it. I'm also not a fan of the rev indicator that only starts working near redline.

I gotta say GT7 is really scratching my racing itch. Haven't played a racer since Forza 7, and I actually haven't enjoyed a Gran Turismo game this much since Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec for PlayStation 2. I must've poured hundreds of hours into that game when it released... I was 15 when that game came out in 2001 and man I was SO into that game... I would go into the car settings and adjust the gear ratios, tire pressure, shock resistance, aero... just to shave off those quarter seconds from my times and I am getting similar vibes with this. Granted I haven't played a Gran Turismo game regularly since then b/c I mainly stuck to Forza once I found that series, but Gran Turismo 7 I have to say is really fantastic... the driving just feels really tight and the graphics are awesome, and the haptics in the DualSense really bring the racing to life.

That being said I have tried getting gold on the final exam for the B license and I can not for the life of me shave off the 2 hundredths of a second I need to get gold on that.... lol. It's infuriating having done it over a hundred times at least.

Last edited:
Yeah, a customizable hud with only the information we need would be nice. There is so much useless clutter on it. I'm also not a fan of the rev indicator that only starts working near redline.
To be fair, that is how rev counters work in race cars. I actually appreciate it, I just wish it was smaller and that it was able to be moved. I only drive in the cockpit view, and this is what I would do:

1646933605504.png

I gotta say GT7 is really scratching my racing itch. Haven't played a racer since Forza 7, and I actually haven't enjoyed a Gran Turismo game this much since Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec for PlayStation 2. I must've poured hundreds of hours into that game when it released... I was 15 when that game came out in 2001 and man I was SO into that game... I would go into the car settings and adjust the gear ratios, tire pressure, shock resistance, aero... just to shave off those quarter seconds from my times and I am getting similar vibes with this. Granted I haven't played a Gran Turismo game regularly since then b/c I mainly stuck to Forza once I found that series, but Gran Turismo 7 I have to say is really fantastic... the driving just feels really tight and the graphics are awesome, and the haptics in the DualSense really brings the racing to life.

That being said I have tried getting gold on the final exam for the B license and I can not for the life of me shave off the 2 hundredths of a second I need to get gold on that.... lol. It's infuriating having done it over a hundred times at least.
I'm actually finding the license tests to be a lot easier than the were in previous games. I passed B-10 with gold my first time by 0.2s. Can't say I've done any yet that have given me any trouble. I've only gone through B and A so far. The way the game progress is I haven't been doing license tests until a tournament comes up that I need one for, so I haven't done my usual thing of getting all gold licenses before anything else.

I'm actually finding the license tests to be a lot easier than the were in previous games. I passed B-10 with gold my first time by 0.2s. Can't say I've done any yet that have given me any trouble.

#humblebrag

Well Armenius you're just an uber driver then. lol.

Also after you posted that screenshot it occurred to me that I DID have the thought last night that it was odd how there are 2 maps at all times on the screen. Top right and bottom right, and in-fact the bottom right one you can toggle to different types of map displays I believe which makes the top right one extra, however I can't fault it too much because I don't NEED those areas to be clear since for any race I am always looking in the center so if it happens to be convenient in the moment I'll look in the top right instead of the bottom right where the bottom right tends to be more of a zoomed-in view of where you are on the track and the top right shows the entire track.

But yes I agree overall that being able to customize the HUD would be nice. I suspect that will come in a future update. Btw are you playing with a wheel? This is the FIRST racing game I've ever bought where the thought of purchasing a wheel sounds appealing to me.

The demonstration for each license test can help too if you are struggling. It’s good for showing the line and gear you should be in for each section then the rest is up to you.

#humblebrag

Well Armenius you're just an uber driver then. lol.

Also after you posted that screenshot it occurred to me that I DID have the thought last night that it was odd how there are 2 maps at all times on the screen. Top right and bottom right, and in-fact the bottom right one you can toggle to different types of map displays I believe which makes the top right one extra, however I can't fault it too much because I don't NEED those areas to be clear since for any race I am always looking in the center so if it happens to be convenient in the moment I'll look in the top right instead of the bottom right where the bottom right tends to be more of a zoomed-in view of where you are on the track and the top right shows the entire track.

But yes I agree overall that being able to customize the HUD would be nice. I suspect that will come in a future update. Btw are you playing with a wheel? This is the FIRST racing game I've ever bought where the thought of purchasing a wheel sounds appealing to me.
Yes, I'm playing with a Thrustmaster T248. I did try the game with the Dualsense to check out the kinetic feedback, though. I have to say that the control with the Dualsense is actually not bad even with all aids turned off.. I think it surpasses Forza's AI method because it actually gives you more freedom in the steering angle. The kinetic feedback was also quite impressive. You can feel the bumps and vibration of the car as it goes over the road, and the triggers give you amazing feedback for when your brakes are on the edge of locking up.
The demonstration for each license test can help too if you are struggling. It’s good for showing the line and gear you should be in for each section then the rest is up to you.
I also recommend leaving the ghost turned on and setting it on a delay of 0.3 seconds.

To be fair, that is how rev counters work in race cars. I actually appreciate it, I just wish it was smaller and that it was able to be moved. I only drive in the cockpit view, and this is what I would do:
A regular rev countuer would be more useful to me than all the superflous crap they have on the Hud. Many times I'm not sure if I need to down shift or not, and often end up on the limiter, because I have no idea what's the actual RPM from the hud when it is bellow the scale. It's a ginormous waste of space as a shift indicator.
I'm actually finding the license tests to be a lot easier than the were in previous games. I passed B-10 with gold my first time by 0.2s. Can't say I've done any yet that have given me any trouble. I've only gone through B and A so far. The way the game progress is I haven't been doing license tests until a tournament comes up that I need one for, so I haven't done my usual thing of getting all gold licenses before anything else.
There were two tests that gave me trouble that I was stuck on for a very long time. A-10 and IA-8, curiously both using Toyota Supras. It's like the game is trying to make me hate the Supra :-D Well, the new one I already hated to begin with, I think it is fugly and it's a BMW anyway.

So in case anyone is doing missions or license tests, it appears the latest update accidentally removed dirt tires from some of the rally tests and swapped them for racing hards. I haven’t been able to confirm personally but it pretty much makes the tests impossible.

Last edited:
A regular rev countuer would be more useful to me than all the superflous crap they have on the Hud. Many times I'm not sure if I need to down shift or not, and often end up on the limiter, because I have no idea what's the actual RPM from the hud when it is bellow the scale. It's a ginormous waste of space as a shift indicator.

There were two tests that gave me trouble that I was stuck on for a very long time. A-10 and IA-8, curiously both using Toyota Supras. It's like the game is trying to make me hate the Supra :-D Well, the new one I already hated to begin with, I think it is fugly and it's a BMW anyway.
A-10 was another one I found easy. I had to do this one twice because I wasn't paying attention to where I needed to brake for the first turn, but got it the second time even though I completely missed the transitions for every turn.

A-10 was another one I found easy. I had to do this one twice because I wasn't paying attention to where I needed to brake for the first turn, but got it the second time even though I completely missed the transitions for every turn.
I meant getting gold on them, getting bronze is usually first try unless I didn't know the track and had to learn it first. But watching others play on the tube, the game seems easier with assists and a controller, but I'd rather have full immersion even if it makes it harder.
The Internet is mostly complaining about A-9, I don't even remember doing that.

I meant getting gold on them, getting bronze is usually first try unless I didn't know the track and had to learn it first. But watching others play on the tube, the game seems easier with assists and a controller, but I'd rather have full immersion even if it makes it harder.
The Internet is mostly complaining about A-9, I don't even remember doing that.
I meant getting gold, too. I do not settle for anything less.

A-9 is the one on Suzuka in the NSX Type-R where you need to take the hairpin. I had to do this one a few times to get my corner exit right to get enough speed coming out of it. I kept missing gold by a few hundredths the first few times.

A-9 gave me some problems getting gold, along with one where you are driving an older M3 in the rain. I think that was halfway through IB.

Wow the game actually crashed my PS5. I tried loading the first mission and it closed the app saying data was corrupt. I tried to relaunch and my PS5 turned off.

In case anyone is grinding missions or licenses this weekend here is a list of everything broken due to the tire mixup:

Licences / Missions / Circuit Experiences
 - In certain events within Licences, Missions, and Circuit Experience, the required tyres are not equipped on the vehicle and as a consequence those events become very difficult to clear. The following is a list of events where this issue occurs:

■ Licences
 [A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner
 [IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate
 [IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert
 [S-5] One Lap Time Attack

■ Missions
 The Magic Mountain
  ・Jeep Night Safari

Beyond the Horizon
  ・Beginner Drifting 1
  ・American Wilderness

Rolling Stone
  ・Beginner Drifting 2

Moby Dick
  ・Pylon Cone Knockdown 2
  ・Intermediate Drifting 1

Gone with the Wind
  ・Divine moves on the Spa
  ・Intermediate Drifting 2

The Sun Also Rises
  ・The White Winged Beast
  ・Expert Drifting

■ Circuit Experiences
 Colorado Springs
 Fishermans Ranch
 Sardegna - Windmills

I also recommend leaving the ghost turned on and setting it on a delay of 0.3 seconds.
I just use my own ghost, then I know when I'm ahead. I wish it would also show the gap to the ghost.
I don't like the demonstration ghost as it often does outrageous things that seem to defy physics, plus if the ghost is just ahead it obstructs my entire view and I can't see shit.
Also the demonstration always seem to be using a higher gear than ideal, which makes no sense to me. The physics of the game is actually weird this way because you have a higher chance of spinning if you use a higher gear, which is actually the opposite of reality. You can't short shift out of corners at all.

- Fixed an issue wherein clearing all licence tests on wet surfaces would not award the Bronze trophy ‘Rain Royalty.’ Players who have already cleared the relevant tests can acquire the trophy by clearing the tests again;
This is actually not even true. I was just randomly awarded this trophy when finishing S-1.

Did they break the second slipstream mission, beyond the horizon with the patch? It seems impossible, the cars that you are supposed to be slipstreaming are going too slow.

Did they break the second slipstream mission, beyond the horizon with the patch? It seems impossible, the cars that you are supposed to be slipstreaming are going too slow.
I think so, some people at GT Planet did some testing and the theory is they adjusted the effect drag has on a car. I wasn’t sure what mission they were referring to but they mentioned a Porsche that would normally go 200mph+ was going 172-175 max.

I think so, some people at GT Planet did some testing and the theory is they adjusted the effect drag has on a car. I wasn’t sure what mission they were referring to but they mentioned a Porsche that would normally go 200mph+ was going 172-175 max.
So that's why cars felt so sluggish, and struggling to accelerate, not in just that mission, but in others as well. It seemed strange as if I wasn't flooring it, the revs would not go up normally in higher gears but wobble up and down.

Wow, so the single player part of the game is quite short. I remember it being much longer in the older versions.

The game is more broken than it was at launch and still unfinished. They added a lot to GT Sport post launch so hopefully they add more to this.

If they don’t fix the progression bugs soon I might lose interest and head back to PC sims.

Wow, so the single player part of the game is quite short. I remember it being much longer in the older versions.
Yes, the cafe menus are all there is as far as single player goes. There are 39 in total. There was apparently something said prior to release that there would be 50 menus in total, so there is some expansion coming. Still, it's nothing like the campaigns of prior games. I thought the menu part of the game was just the intro you did to unlock the rest of the game, which would lead to the more traditional structure. Can't say that I'm not disappointed.
The game is more broken than it was at launch and still unfinished. They added a lot to GT Sport post launch so hopefully they add more to this.

If they don’t fix the progression bugs soon I might lose interest and head back to PC sims.
Hopefully they're playing the long game and have plans to support the game for the coming years. They give a vague list of what to expect in the future, so we'll see.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_3426773.html

Yes, the cafe menus are all there is as far as single player goes. There are 39 in total. There was apparently something said prior to release that there would be 50 menus in total, so there is some expansion coming. Still, it's nothing like the campaigns of prior games. I thought the menu part of the game was just the intro you did to unlock the rest of the game, which would lead to the more traditional structure. Can't say that I'm not disappointed.

Hopefully they're playing the long game and have plans to support the game for the coming years. They give a vague list of what to expect in the future, so we'll see.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_3426773.html
i got another PS5 from walmart yesterday, yay! i'm hyped to play GT7. but yeah, the limited campaign is really, really disappointing given this was supposedly going to be the return of a grand single player experience.

the other thing that's completely unacceptable is that all the 'races' in the game are not really races at all, they're more like timed events where you have pass a bunch of slower cars and pass the leader in the limited amount of time/laps you're given. that's not racing at all... i'm sure it can be fun sometimes, if your car is juuuuuust fast enough to be able to pass the leader at the last second, but from what i've read you can usually tune your car to make the event a complete breeze and turn it into a short hotlapping session.

ffs, this is the basic "racing" structure of racing games i played in arcades as a kid in the 90s... what about actual racing, ya know, with practice, qualifying, fuel and tire usage, pit stops, close battles with evenly matched AI?? all those things are available in multiplayer (except the AI), would it be that hard to create some single player races and series following that same structure? Mr. Kaz, can we please move on beyond gran turismo's (1997) gameplay?

the cost of cars and mtx are the least of my concerns in this game, lol

Back