Just fired the game up after a long time away. There is something odd about the changes they made to tire grip in an effort to appease those complaining about how RWD cars drive in the game. A lot of RWD vehicles now seem to refuse to rotate mid corner, when that wasn't an issue before. It is getting frustrating with how badly some cars now understeer when they don't behave that way in real life. Otherwise, I appreciate the new payout scaling. Hopefully we'll see some actual new tracks in the near future. I don't count the 24h "layout" of Spa since it's just a change to the pits. More real American tracks would be fantastic.

Just fired the game up after a long time away. There is something odd about the changes they made to tire grip in an effort to appease those complaining about how RWD cars drive in the game. A lot of RWD vehicles now seem to refuse to rotate mid corner, when that wasn't an issue before. It is getting frustrating with how badly some cars now understeer when they don't behave that way in real life. Otherwise, I appreciate the new payout scaling. Hopefully we'll see some actual new tracks in the near future. I don't count the 24h "layout" of Spa since it's just a change to the pits. More real American tracks would be fantastic.
I was driving an E30 around the track and it got plenty of rotation on throttle lift. I just recently got it, though. Stiffer sway bar in the rear might help. Not sure...

So I booted this up again after not playing a while and the driving physics still feel off. I’m not the best driver but in iracing and ACC I can usually get an Audi GT3 car around Monza without much trouble. The daily race B this week is GT3 at Monza so I said ‘What the heck’, joined a race and proceeded to spin out all over the place.

They do have a nice feature now where you can ‘rent’ whatever car you want for the daily races so I tried the Jaguar and it behaved more predictably and the race was actually quite fun even in a low skill lobby.

I’m still surprised with how the cars handle though, mainly the MR cars now. It says something when the ‘sims’ are easier to drive than the supposedly more accessible console game. Iracing used to have a similar problem but it’s improved over the last couple years to where it is fairly good at giving feedback so you don’t spin out unless you really get out of hand… on the GT3 cars at least.

Also the FFB is greatly muted compared to the PC titles. It’s like a night and day difference and I’m running the recommended settings from Fanatec.

I was driving an E30 around the track and it got plenty of rotation on throttle lift. I just recently got it, though. Stiffer sway bar in the rear might help. Not sure...
I was able to make it better by adjusting the differential. Stock road cars still feel fine, for the most part, but front engine race cars understeer like crazy with the default LSD settings now.
So I booted this up again after not playing a while and the driving physics still feel off. I’m not the best driver but in iracing and ACC I can usually get an Audi GT3 car around Monza without much trouble. The daily race B this week is GT3 at Monza so I said ‘What the heck’, joined a race and proceeded to spin out all over the place.

They do have a nice feature now where you can ‘rent’ whatever car you want for the daily races so I tried the Jaguar and it behaved more predictably and the race was actually quite fun even in a low skill lobby.

I’m still surprised with how the cars handle though, mainly the MR cars now. It says something when the ‘sims’ are easier to drive than the supposedly more accessible console game. Iracing used to have a similar problem but it’s improved over the last couple years to where it is fairly good at giving feedback so you don’t spin out unless you really get out of hand… on the GT3 cars at least.

Also the FFB is greatly muted compared to the PC titles. It’s like a night and day difference and I’m running the recommended settings from Fanatec.
With the MR race cars I find that the default setup is made in such a way for you to fail. Unfortunately you can't adjust the car settings in BoP races, which is stupid in my opinion. With the R8 LMS the natural frequency is too low and unbalanced for its weight distribution by default. Decel sensitivity on the LSD is also too high. Natural frequency set to 4.10-4.20 Hz front and rear with the decel set to 20 is where I would start.

Thanks for the setup tips. I only plan to play BoP stuff so hopefully they get the default setups sorted out soon. I’ll probably try the adjustments you mentioned on a time trial just to see what the car should feel like to drive with a proper setup.

1654881460695.png

Update 1.16 further addresses force feedback issues.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8607246.html

The Escudo is just as good as it always was. IM tires and 90% power and it slots just right under the 800 pp for the World GT Series. You don't even need to do any other tuning, you just win.

IMG_6011.JPG

the cover art for GT7 needs to be next to Webster's definition for "missed potential" (ok i know they don't have definitions for multi word phrases :p )

Man I need to get this game.... It would be awesome with a wheel but I don't have room for a setup like that in my house lol

I've been slightly tempted recently to switch back to Playstation and Gran Turismo. I haven't played any games in the franchise since Gran Turismo 6 on Playstation 3. Currently I'm resurrecting my PC racing sim setup and trying to get back into iRacing.

25th anniversary update goes live tomorrow. The update includes the new version of the Red Bull X2019 along with new track Road Atlanta. 3 more cars are included:
  • BMW M2 Competition '18
  • Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth '87
  • Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '96
You will also be able to sell cars after you complete the café menus.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8393249.html

Got my kids a Switch and I was thinking about getting myself a ps5 to play GT7. I spent hundreds of hours playing GT1 and I only just started looking into this game. Is this really a microtransaction pushed game? I'm only interested in single player with 0 microtransactions with a GT1 / GT(5?) feel. Will this game be that?

Got my kids a Switch and I was thinking about getting myself a ps5 to play GT7. I spent hundreds of hours playing GT1 and I only just started looking into this game. Is this really a microtransaction pushed game? I'm only interested in single player with 0 microtransactions with a GT1 / GT(5?) feel. Will this game be that?
No, they don't push microtransactions on you. All the additional content is added for free. You have the option to buy in-game credits with real money, if you want. I went through all the café menus without spending a single cent.

The PSVR2 update will go live tomorrow (February 21), along with the free content update. The new content includes the Italdesign Exeneo Vision GT concept, the 1973 Porsche 901 Carrera RS, 1970 Citroën DS 21 Pallas, and 1965 Honda RA272. Along with the update and new cars comes the return of Grand Valley, including a new "Highway" layout that is 5.1km long. Until the end of March, players will also be able to race against GT Sophy. Gathering player data to further train the AI for eventual full release, I hope.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_4866268.html

Video of the new Grand Valley. It's mostly the same as the classic layout until the end of the lap. The environment was completely reimagined. I'm not really sure if I like the change in environment, to be honest. Being made up of public roads is an interesting idea, but I prefer the dedicated racing facility of the original.

The PSVR2 update will go live tomorrow (February 21), along with the free content update. The new content includes the Italdesign Exeneo Vision GT concept, the 1973 Porsche 901 Carrera RS, 1970 Citroën DS 21 Pallas, and 1965 Honda RA272. Along with the update and new cars comes the return of Grand Valley, including a new "Highway" layout that is 5.1km long. Until the end of March, players will also be able to race against GT Sophy. Gathering player data to further train the AI for eventual full release, I hope.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_4866268.html

Can't wait. Headset getting here tomorrow. Hopefully sooner than later in the day.

March's free content update adds five new cars and two new Nürburgring layouts, including two classic Porsche models (1964 904 Carrera GTS and 1987 959). March's update also includes the first major physics engine update in quite some time. To top it off: 120 Hz and VRR support.
i tried out the 120hz + VRR support, it's pretty sweet. the resolution is obviously much lower (i assume it's around or maybe a little higher than 1080 vertical) but it's buttery smooth, and it's every part of the UI and gameplay including replays, except a couple odd areas like the main Brand Central page. i'm sure resolution snobs wouldn't enjoy the lower res, but i loooove higher framerates and lower input lag, and with VRR it maintains that buttery smoothness even when FPS drops a little in a packed grid + rain race

Back