Anyway, moving on. Does anybody know if it's possible to do racing modificatoins to cars? IE turn road cars into race cars? Many races that are already unlocked require race cars to enter. But so far the game only dropped street cars as prizes. And they are too expensive to buy outright. If only, IDK I could sell 5-10 worthless prize cars, to get enough cash for a race car.

Gran Turismo 7 Review– I’m in Love with My Car [Updated & Score Lowered due to Microtransactions]

Update 5th March: As you will see from the review, no mention of the microtransactions were made...this was because the cost of these was hidden...now I know this, combined with something I did mention - the grind - I can't overlook this matter of concern...much like my many complaints against Ubisoft for forcing grind into their recent games to sell the solution, this is certainly present in Gran Turismo 7...as such, I will be adjusting my score from 9/10 to 8/10, though I will say the many qualities still make it a great title, it's just a shame it's been plagued by terrible decisions...

https://wccftech.com/review/gran-turismo-7-review/

Gran Turismo 7 Review– I’m in Love with My Car [Updated & Score Lowered due to Microtransactions]

Update 5th March: As you will see from the review, no mention of the microtransactions were made...this was because the cost of these was hidden...now I know this, combined with something I did mention - the grind - I can't overlook this matter of concern...much like my many complaints against Ubisoft for forcing grind into their recent games to sell the solution, this is certainly present in Gran Turismo 7...as such, I will be adjusting my score from 9/10 to 8/10, though I will say the many qualities still make it a great title, it's just a shame it's been plagued by terrible decisions...

https://wccftech.com/review/gran-turismo-7-review/
Shady practices like that make no matter how great a game a no buy for me. As much as I hate MT at least be transparent about it.

Anyway, moving on. Does anybody know if it's possible to do racing modificatoins to cars? IE turn road cars into race cars? Many races that are already unlocked require race cars to enter. But so far the game only dropped street cars as prizes. And they are too expensive to buy outright. If only, IDK I could sell 5-10 worthless prize cars, to get enough cash for a race car.
I think if you do extreme mods it's considered race car.

no, the race cars are different from the road cars, as they should be. group 4 and 3 are pretty much equivalent to modern GT4 and GT3 spec cars. there are quite a few of each in the game, including most of the models that have raced in real life series and quite a few that never have (such as the group 3 Mustang for example)

I’m not sure how I feel about the physics in this game yet. I tuned the Integra that you get from the Cafe and it felt really weird with soft tires and a brake upgrade, like every hard press of the brakes would throw the whole car into an oversteer. I know it’s weight biased to the front but it seems extreme. I would have expected understeer instead of huge oversteer.

Then I bought the new Nissan Datsun Z car and it drove fairly well stock, and finally I drove the GR3 Supra you get for the preorder and that felt easy to drive kinda like what I expected after playing GT Sport. I’m not sure what the issue is with half modded cars, maybe you have to pick your mods carefully or perhaps they want big wings on everything to add downforce?

Also I just noticed the game still has Circuit Experience like it did in GT Sport. I like that feature as it’s a good way to learn all the tracks. It’s basically mini license tests for each track section. I’m not sure if you get a car reward though like you did in Sport.

The disc is a DRM check that you can sell later, that’s about it.

If you disconnect the network, it will install from the disk, then you can just apply the patch once back online. Really dumb way of doing things to make you download all the bits if you're online.

Also, I don't remember not being to take the weight reduction modifications off to drop down levels in previous games. Got screwed by weight reducing the Mini and then needing sport tires on a the 350 PP Clubman race.

i was gonna explain what i meant (hint: competition spec and multiplayer) but i'd rather you just thought of me as staggeringly arrogant
Yeah, use it as a way to weasel out of justifying your indefensible statement.

1. It was a regular and much beloved feature of previous parts of the series.
  2. It's not turning water into wine, people have been building race cars out of road cars since the dawn of motoring

Also, I don't remember not being to take the weight reduction modifications off to drop down levels in previous games. Got screwed by weight reducing the Mini and then needing sport tires on a the 350 PP Clubman race.
You can buy the ballast to add weight, or the power restrictor to reduce power to meet a certain PP requirement.

Yeah, use it as a way to weasel out of justifying your indefensible statement.

1. It was a regular and much beloved feature of previous parts of the series.
  2. It's not turning water into wine, people have been building race cars out of road cars since the dawn of motoring
I think the main thing is that building your own race car would put you in the ‘Open’ category of a club race, usually for amateurs.

Group 3/4 racing (aka GT3/4 Series in real life) is meant to mimic a real life series where you would buy a purpose built GT3 or GT4 race car to compete. So it’s no an option to bring your home built RX7 to compete.

Stuck on IA-5. Been on it for hours. .03 seconds off :(
I'm stuck in IA-8, what the demonstration does seems physically impossible. I must have tried it 500 times, and my best attempt is still .4 off, and even that was a fluke I can't reproduce.

I think the main thing is that building your own race car would put you in the ‘Open’ category of a club race, usually for amateurs.

Group 3/4 racing (aka GT3/4 Series in real life) is meant to mimic a real life series where you would buy a purpose built GT3 or GT4 race car to compete. So it’s no an option to bring your home built RX7 to compete.
And what is preventing the game from doing the same thing? Only allowing approved cars to enter multiplayer races that pass tech? It's literally a non problem.

You can buy the ballast to add weight, or the power restrictor to reduce power to meet a certain PP requirement.

Yeah, just seems ridiculous to have to buy a ballast to add back on the weight I took off when it should all be sitting in the garage anyway ready to go back in. Issue was I was too slow and getting passed on the straights with the stock 64 hp engine, finally was able to block the other drivers long enough on the last straight to be able to overtake them in the last turn before the finish line.

And what is preventing the game from doing the same thing? Only allowing approved cars to enter multiplayer races that pass tech? It's literally a non problem.
because just like in real life, the group 2/3/4 competition in the game is built on very specific rules regarding engine displacement and output, weight, transmission, electronics, etc. that's how they keep the competition as close as possible. by keeping those cars as separate ones that can't be modified they ensure everybody's basically on the same playing field. therefore it doesn't make a difference if you had to spent $400k on a full race conversion of a road car (which would take away any and all granular control of modifications) or a car you buy separately. given all that, it only makes sense that the road car is its own thing that you can always modify however you want. the series-spec'd cars stay their own thing.

but now that i've explained this, please go on your principled and righteous stance on the matter.

I'm stuck in IA-8, what the demonstration does seems physically impossible. I must have tried it 500 times, and my best attempt is still .4 off, and even that was a fluke I can't reproduce.
Bro, IA-8 was crazy. I did it over 200 times to finally get gold. I'm drunk with my brother but when i sober up i'll replay and try to figure out how i did it again.

but now that i've explained this, please go on your principled and righteous stance on the matter.
What's preventing the game, from separating modified cars and group spec cars in multiplayer? Exactly nothing.
I'll never get people riling against things that would not affect their experience one bit. Because if there is a racing modification package for road cars you can chose not to use it. It does not work the other way around.

What's preventing the game, from separating modified cars and group spec cars in multiplayer? Exactly nothing.
I'll never get people riling against things that would not affect their experience one bit. Because if there is a racing modification package for road cars you can chose not to use it. It does not work the other way around.
it does do that... lol. which is why there are separate cars for fully race spec and modified street.

I’m surprised there was no fixed setup race for week 1 in sport mode. I hope that’s not the way it is every week because it’s nice to just jump into a race and not worry about meta cars and tunes.

This game is a big grind. Not sure why sony would push so hard to microtransactions for a flagship game release.

Solves my boredom problem though.

This game is a big grind. Not sure why sony would push so hard to microtransactions for a flagship game release.

Microtransactions were introduced in Gran Turismo 6.

Yes it very unlike Sony to push MT this much. I guess they want their Fortnight.

Bro, IA-8 was crazy. I did it over 200 times to finally get gold. I'm drunk with my brother but when i sober up i'll replay and try to figure out how i did it again.
I've done it, the trick was to go over the hump in the first braking zone don't try to go around it. Now I have everything up to IA, super license is for another day.

The push is pathetic, they even try fomo as a tactic. You get invites to buy certain cars, that expire, so you have to buy the car within the given period.
I just got an invite to buy a bone stock veyron for 2.000.000 credits. And it expires in 2 weeks. Their intent couldn't be clearer.

remember when people complained about forza games making it too easy to buy or earn cars and upgrades, and people said they wanted a return to GT-style "work your way up from cheap economy cars, hot hatches etc to super cars and ultra rare classics" where you had to grind a bit to earn credits and make every car purchase feel like you earned it? pepperidge farm remembers.

in all seriousness, i'm not defending any sort of mobile game gacha bullshit if it's in gt7 (i don't have the game yet) but from what i've seen i don't think it's too egregious.. stuff like a Veyron should be both rare and expensive imo. also just like gt sport, they're playing the "long game" for sure and it's supposed to be something you can sink a lot of time in and not necessarily collect every car and upgrade in the space of a few dozen hours.

remember when people complained about forza games making it too easy to buy or earn cars and upgrades, and people said they wanted a return to GT-style "work your way up from cheap economy cars, hot hatches etc to super cars and ultra rare classics" where you had to grind a bit to earn credits and make every car purchase feel like you earned it? pepperidge farm remembers.
I never liked forza, but progression was really fast in all previous GT games, so wanting that as the "slow" progression is kind of strange.
It's not necessarily slow in GT7 either, it's just that the content is locked away. In previous games you were free to do whatever as long as you had the licence. In GT7 races, tracks, cars, everything is locked, and you have to follow a very specific handholding path, which takes much of the fun away for me.
in all seriousness, i'm not defending any sort of mobile game gacha bullshit if it's in gt7 (i don't have the game yet) but from what i've seen i don't think it's too egregious.. stuff like a Veyron should be both rare and expensive imo. also just like gt sport, they're playing the "long game" for sure and it's supposed to be something you can sink a lot of time in and not necessarily collect every car and upgrade in the space of a few dozen hours.
The problem is not that the veyron costs 2.000.000, it's that if you don't buy it in 2 weeks it goes away and you won't be able to buy it, for who knows how long, maybe ever. This is nut just a little, but extremely egregious. It is clearly designed so you spend real money so you don't miss the 'opportunity'. Artificial scarcity for a digital car, it's almost as if it is an NFT.

This is not a DLC, this is a car already in the game. Does pepperidge farm remember when people shred companies to bits for locking away content already in the game? Because I Do.

I never liked forza, but progression was really fast in all previous GT games, so wanting that as the "slow" progression is kind of strange.
It's not necessarily slow in GT7 either, it's just that the content is locked away. In previous games you were free to do whatever as long as you had the licence. In GT7 races, tracks, cars, everything is locked, and you have to follow a very specific handholding path, which takes much of the fun away for me.

The problem is not that the veyron costs 2.000.000, it's that if you don't buy it in 2 weeks it goes away and you won't be able to buy it, for who knows how long, maybe ever. This is nut just a little, but extremely egregious.
there's no way any cars that pop up as limited time will ever be "one time only," or even that rare in the rotation - they don't even have that many cars in the game. i just don't see how it's that big of a deal if they keep rare cars, well, rare. if i buy a Veyron i want it to feel different from buying a 2007 Honda Civic Si or whatever.

i'm sure some people will freak the fuck out, maximum FOMO style, and be unable to resist the urge to buy credits with real money or however one exchanges real money for in game stuff in gt7 the moment an expensive car appears in the used dealer rotation. i don't give a rat's ass about them or their total inability to resist stupid, childish urges like that.

i do want to add.. it would be better if the real money stuff was simply not present at all in the game. if they wanna make "car packs" like forza that represent real human time and resources and artistry, that's one thing. but just letting people spend money to shortcut to more credits/cars is definitely greedy "well if they WANT to do it, who are we to stop them?" bullshit. i'm just saying i don't think it's the level of being outrageous or insulting where i'd feel like i had to spend real money to enjoy the game.

i do want to add.. it would be better if the real money stuff was simply not present at all in the game. if they wanna make "car packs" like forza that represent real human time and resources and artistry, that's one thing. but just letting people spend money to shortcut to more credits/cars is definitely greedy "well if they WANT to do it, who are we to stop them?" bullshit. i'm just saying i don't think it's the level of being outrageous or insulting where i'd feel like i had to spend real money to enjoy the game.
It would be better so it wouldn't be the only thing I see people bitching about. I don't know why it's an issue all of a sudden when I don't remember seeing any complaints about it when GT6 came out.

I think people will start bitching about the multiplayer soon once they finish unlocking all the license tests. It seems not very good from reading other forums.

It would be better so it wouldn't be the only thing I see people bitching about. I don't know why it's an issue all of a sudden when I don't remember seeing any complaints about it when GT6 came out.
it was in gt sport too. it did get some backlash when it came out but it really didn't amount to anything worth getting upset over. it didn't have the "in rotation" gimmick but gt sport was also not trying to be the type of grand single player car collecting experience that gt7 is/wants to be
I think people will start bitching about the multiplayer soon once they finish unlocking all the license tests. It seems not very good from reading other forums.
Super GT just uploaded a video about multiplayer in gt7 going over some of the issues with it (he's a pretty good, level headed youtuber with actual racing/karting experience focusing on GT.) i guess one of the issues is the tuning which i knew was going to be a point of contention the moment i heard that a lot of the mp races were going to allow tuned cars. it takes some actual knowledge of real-world tuning and car mechanics to make the most of it so average joe gamer who doesn't know the difference between increasing displacement vs more aggressive camshafts is instantly going to be at a disadvantage (assuming there's no decent auto-tuning feature or readily available setups and part configs for each car.) yesterday i watched someone playing gt7 trying to tune a car and not understanding that the speeds shown in the transmission ratio/final drive tuning have nothing to do with what the car is actually capable of lol ("there's no way this car can do 800mph!!!")

afaik they went through the same thing with GT Sport and ended up greatly reducing the amount of races that allowed tuned cars which sucks because it's a key part of the simulation and allows someone who knows what they're doing to enjoy applying their knowledge. on the other hand it's supposed to be a game that is welcoming to car newbies and unless they have a good auto tune system or included setups, it's going to frustrate people almost by default.

i hope they can find a middle ground rather than do away with the tuning system in mp.

Last edited:
I

I believe it’s because cars in previous GT games were MUCH cheaper.

I

I believe it’s because cars in previous GT games were MUCH cheaper.
i've seen that but has anyone done an analysis of how fast credits are earned vs gt sport? it's basically a useless comparison unless we know that. if it's about the same as gt sport AND the price increases apply equally between the cheapest and most expensive cars then that is something to get pissed off about.

i've seen that but has anyone done an analysis of how fast credits are earned vs gt sport? it's basically a useless comparison unless we know that. if it's about the same as gt sport AND the price increases apply equally between the cheapest and most expensive cars then that is something to get pissed off about.

For Sport, you could just buy whatever cars you wanted for $1 to $5 max:
https://psdeals.net/us-store/add-ons/777071/gran-turismo-sport

In 7, $10 gets you 1 million credit, and some cars cost millions of credits. It would take multiple long play sessions to grind out the credits for the most expensive cars.

Now personally for Sport, I didn’t have an issue spending $2 to get a car I wanted. With 7, I’ll just play the game and wait. So they’ll get less money from me, but likely a lot more $ overall.

I'm down, can't talk to server or something. Just a black screen after loading cloud storage times out.

Sony doing Sony shit.

Now personally for Sport, I didn’t have an issue spending $2 to get a car I wanted. With 7, I’ll just play the game and wait. So they’ll get less money from me, but likely a lot more $ overall.

With not being able to sell cars, I'm very averse to buying anything so I don't end up with a ton of dupes. They seem to be giving cars out like candy anyway just playing through.

there's no way any cars that pop up as limited time will ever be "one time only," or even that rare in the rotation - they don't even have that many cars in the game. i just don't see how it's that big of a deal if they keep rare cars, well, rare. if i buy a Veyron i want it to feel different from buying a 2007 Honda Civic Si or whatever.
No, no, no, this is not the regular used cars rotation. These are seemingly one time invitations to buy a certain car in the brand central. The used car rotation was there in previous games as well, which is an acceptable game mechanic based on some randomization. Although not being able to sell prize cars makes it a little worse.
i'm sure some people will freak the fuck out, maximum FOMO style, and be unable to resist the urge to buy credits with real money or however one exchanges real money for in game stuff in gt7 the moment an expensive car appears in the used dealer rotation. i don't give a rat's ass about them or their total inability to resist stupid, childish urges like that.
That's some victim blaming right there. Generating fomo is the exact reason why this is egregious. "Come, buy this car now, your chance only lasts until so and so, oh yes it is x million, but you can always buy more credits for real monies" This is unacceptable. And just because I have enough wiil and self respect to not fall for it, doesn't make it any less egregious.

Back