Gotham Knights

the ray-tracing is the least important thing in this game as its implementation is not all that great...it's the gameplay, combat etc that are weak...the story seems interesting enough but if the game launched today or next week it would still have gotten basically the same scores...fair or not, the Arkham games are associated with Rocksteady and any other developer would need to create something revolutionary that exceeds their work to get the same recognition

Arkham Origins was a very good game but is still seen as the ugly stepchild of the Arkham series

Last edited:
the ray-tracing is the least important thing in this game as its implementation is not all that great...it's the gameplay, combat etc that are weak...the story seems interesting enough but if the game launched today or next week the game would still have gotten basically the same scores...fair or not, the Arkham games are associated with Rocksteady and any other developer would need to create something revolutionary that exceeds their work to get the same recognition

Arkham Origins was a very good game but is still seen as the ugly stepchild of the Arkham series
But you have to admit that the poor performance pushed a lot of potential buyers away. The only reason I even bothered was that I preordered the game at a discount via GMG. I even tried to get a refund but wasn't successful.

The combat really is not good. I still haven’t learnt the controls. Also sneaking is crap. Plus I keep pressing space to jump but it is actually shift to vault / jump. Pissing me off. Will probably remap controls later.

Anyways, at least it is running decent.

OK so I downloaded the patch and as KickAssCop mentioned the game runs much better with or without raytracing enabled. My question now is why was this game released on October 21th? If they would have just pushed the release date out 1 month they would have avoided all the negative press related to the poor performance and the game wouldn't be selling at a 50% discount.
Even with the performance issues fixed - It still isn't a good game. This isn't like AK where there was an amazing game ruined by performance issues at launch. This is still a trash game.

After playing some more, there is definitely some hitching. Especially when driving the bike and/or throwing batgirl over long distance grapple. You can also see buildings loading up and graphics showing up after a bit when you move.

However, it is leagues better than before. At least during fights and stealth or doing missions it doesn’t bother anymore.

Not sure if this will get better than this.

Even with the performance issues fixed - It still isn't a good game. This isn't like AK where there was an amazing game ruined by performance issues at launch. This is still a trash game.
Ones Man Trash is another Man's Treasure.

But you have to admit that the poor performance pushed a lot of potential buyers away. The only reason I even bothered was that I preordered the game at a discount via GMG. I even tried to get a refund but wasn't successful.
I mean it's PC land my dude.. There is millions of configurations.. Day 1 people are the beta testers.. This is why I wait to buy games 1 or 2 months after release now.. They are all patched and fixed and CHEAPER.. Just a better experience.

Side note im loving this game.. Don't get the hate tbh.

Actually I am enjoying the game as well. It’s a good romp for a couple of missions before I park it and move on. Just enough time for me to indulge.

New patch includes further improvements to performance and fixes to ray tracing.

https://gothamknights.bugs.wbgames.com/patch-notes

PC Patch Notes 12/14/2022​

General

Balancing

• Pass on rewards/drops to scale accordingly in the Open World (Beyond level 40)
Heroic Assault
  • "Ultra Cosmic" Colorway fix to unlock properly
  • Fixes to environment assets
    • Getting stuck or invisible collisions
  • Fixes to AI alertness levels and behaviours
  • Fix for map icons not appearing accordingly
Stability & Optimization
  • Crash fixes for Heroic Assault
  • Crash fix for certain player abilities
  • Fixes to input functionality issues during Heroic Assault
  • Several optimizations for performance both GPU & CPU
UI
  • Fix to font color for some objectives in Activity View
  • Fix to corrupted textures in UI
  • Correct icons to be displayed for text mute/unmute
  • Fix to crash tied to comm wheel/text chat being used at the same time
  • Several comm wheel fixes
  • Fix for "Cancel" floor prompt not working at times with mouse
  • Fix for player accessing Heroic Assault floors before eligible with mouse
Localization
  • Fix to text allignment for Arabic in Photo Mode
  • Fix to Japanese font being corrupted in subtitles and UI at times
  • Fix to some LTR in Arabic in "Social Options"
Misc
  • Fixes to lights during Raytracing Reflections
  • Character collision fix in Photo Mode with Ansel

Is anyone having massive crashes to desktop after recent patch. I have all my drivers updated but game randomly crashes to desktop. Not sure what is causing this as there is no prompt. Nothing is even overclocked at this point.

I have played all Arkham games.
I don’t like it as much as those games but I am ok playing as batgirl. I am not thinking too much about it. Gameplay is repetitive and I don’t really like the momentum abilities but still it is not a bad game. I like roaming around the city and beating the crap out of people. Graphics are also OK. Playing dress up Barbie with Batgirl is also fun. :LOL:

I give it a 7/10.

Wow th
I don’t like it as much as those games but I am ok playing as batgirl. I am not thinking too much about it. Gameplay is repetitive and I don’t really like the momentum abilities but still it is not a bad game. I like roaming around the city and beating the crap out of people. Graphics are also OK. Playing dress up Barbie with Batgirl is also fun. :LOL:

I give it a 7/10
Wow this is the best review I've read. Getting me interested a bit 🤔

For 22 bucks you will get your money’s worth. I paid 30 and don’t feel bad about it. It is also better than the Marvel Avengers game in many aspects except that it does not have Marvel heroes in it. Duh!

Finished it. Was painful to get through due to the crashes. Good game and story. A solid 7.5/10 from me.

Got this free with a cpu. Can't stand the janky key bindings. Shift to climb/jump? Impossible to get used to. So far the first act is boring. Didn't help that the 5hr intro put me to sleep. Had to park it. May revisit later when I have more time.

Edit- came with cpu not mb.

Last edited:
I have not kept up with this game at all but it came with my 13700k this week. Trying to decide to sell the game or play it. I care nothing about co-op and prefer story driven games. I also play most games on easy and do not like a hard challenge or boring repetitive combat.

I have not kept up with this game at all but it came with my 13700k this week. Trying to decide to sell the game or play it. I care nothing about co-op and prefer story driven games. I also play most games on easy and do not like a hard challenge or boring repetitive combat.
Lol I thought I was the only one who liked playing story mode games in easy. I'm in it for the story. Like watching a movie or reading a book. The story is the attraction, not repetitive souls like combat or hundreds of hours of grinding challenges lol
Arkham games is perfect for me, still kinda too hard of a challenge lmao I'm working on Origins to complete the series gimmi a year I might be done 😬

How is performance these days? Like Callisto, this is one of those games I planned to eventually pick up.

I give it a 7/10.

$20 or so if I went in with these kinds of expectations I probably would be fine with it. I'll keep it in mind.

How is performance these days? Like Callisto, this is one of those games I planned to eventually pick up.
It seems to run 'good enough' now. However, I gave up on it regardless of the performance being fixed. It's just not a good game.

a lot of newer games that are released with performance issues or other gameplay issues aren't terrible games- Gotham Knights, Callisto Protocol, Plague Tale: Requiem etc...it's just not worth full price $60+...on sale for around $30 the games would be a much better value

I have a few new games I need to start playing right now (mostly NFS Unbound and High on Life), but a $22.50 price point isn't half bad if the game is even so-so.

I got it for free and can't bring myself to play it for more than a few minutes. The fighting isn't as smooth as the Arkham games with the counters. More random dodging than counters.

I bit on the $22.50 price in the Epic game store (with coupon). I only have 1-2 hours in as Batgirl so far but it's more fun than I expected. The combat animations are really nice and even without any special skills unlocked it's pretty entertaining. Right off the bat you feel like a capable super hero. The extra costumes that you can eventually craft look pretty rad. As a huge fan of the Arkham games I'd say this game stands pretty solidly on it's own. Of course I don't have much time in it yet, maybe I'll hate it tomorrow but certainly worth $23. As long as I never have to do more Batmobile races/Bat-tank challenges (seriously fuck you Arkham Knight) I'll be happy with this.

I bit on the $22.50 price in the Epic game store (with coupon). I only have 1-2 hours in as Batgirl so far but it's more fun than I expected. The combat animations are really nice and even without any special skills unlocked it's pretty entertaining. Right off the bat you feel like a capable super hero. The extra costumes that you can eventually craft look pretty rad. As a huge fan of the Arkham games I'd say this game stands pretty solidly on it's own. Of course I don't have much time in it yet, maybe I'll hate it tomorrow but certainly worth $23. As long as I never have to do more Batmobile races/Bat-tank challenges (seriously fuck you Arkham Knight) I'll be happy with this.
Nice to see a positive review. More of these I hear the more likely I am to buy it for 22 or however low it goes. I'm a massive fan of the Arkham games so it's been on my list since announced. Only thing holding me back were the poor reviews. If the story is good I'll be in. I'm all for the story. Grew up on Batman comic books. Makes all the difference.

W

What coupon?
Epic store has a running coupon of 25% off for anything over $14.99 right now. I didn't notice it until I had claimed the free game. Not sure if I was just drank and it was there prior or if you have to do something to get it. In any case it makes this Bat-family game a solid deal and probably as cheap as you'll get it for a long time

I run it on max settings at 1080p with a 12700k and 2080.. and using DLSS... I never drop below 60fps. last 2 patches have made the game run great and basically zero stuttering.

I run it on max settings at 1080p with a 12700k and 2080.. and using DLSS... I never drop below 60fps. last 2 patches have made the game run great and basically zero stuttering.
Even with Ray tracing? I thought even after the latest patch there's still some drops below 60 when riding the motorcycle.

Even with Ray tracing? I thought even after the latest patch there's still some drops below 60 when riding the motorcycle.

Probably depends on what resolution/graphic settings you play at. I play maxed out graphics with Ray Tracing on a 3440x1440 Ultrawide monitor paired with a 3080 GPU/Ryzen 5900X and it runs fine. I do not think I saw it dip below 40 FPS and a lot of time its in the 50-70 range (I do not watch the FPS constantly, so this is my range). Sure some people will want more FPS to call it acceptable...for me...really anything over ~40 is good enough and I do not really notice much of a difference. I can confirm all the stuttering is gone as well, so I do not really notice when it dips anymore, etc. Very playable and enjoyable.

Back