Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

k00lance said:
I have a bmw 3 and it definitely won't fit your car, unless you want to top it on your roof.
This car is a hassle and so is dealer's service.
I changed my mind from upgrading to m3 and go for Cayenne SUV instead.

M3 vert! just put the top down and lots more'll fit in there. That's how I got my xmas tree home. heh.. but the Cayenne is very nice tho.. it's nice to have room! I'm going to trade my m3 in soon for something bigger..

claudione314 said:
Has anyone seen the w1 and the w3 side by side?

I was at BB and they had the w1... and man, does it ever SUCK... blurry, dim, full of ghosting... okay, it was next to a kickass Bravia, but it was still considerably worse than most other TVs in the store. I can explain the ghosting, with such a low response time, but still...

The w3 is scores better as far as picture quality is concerned---right...?

The w1 isn't that bad. It was likely a bad source, and the monitor was not calibrated.

revenant said:
M3 vert! just put the top down and lots more'll fit in there. That's how I got my xmas tree home. heh.. but the Cayenne is very nice tho.. it's nice to have room! I'm going to trade my m3 in soon for something bigger..

I have about 100 days left on this bmw 3 and I told myself never to buy anything related to BMW again. I had my top window stuck and the dealer made me wait for almost 2 weeks.
I am seriously considering Cayman or Cayenne for my next. Perheps, Maserati coupe. They are all within the reach. Once I graduate, my real ride comes :D
Sorry for off-topic.

reductant said:
If you can afford a BMW, why are you buying this TV? ;) I doubt you'll be able to fit into your car. Maybe unpack it and fold down the box at the store?

Reguardless of price - this is one of the best 37" monitors you can get. I could have purchased anything on the market and chose this unit.. It's perfect for my needs.

k00lance said:
I have a bmw 3 and it definitely won't fit your car, unless you want to top it on your roof.
This car is a hassle and so is dealer's service.
I changed my mind from upgrading to m3 and go for Cayenne SUV instead.

Man that sucks. I guess I get the fun job of finding someone nice with a truck now. Damn it. :(

OT: I haven't had many probs with my BMW especially since I live in Germany where there's a BMW shop like there are McDonald's but I'm thinking my next car will be a hatchback like an Audi A3. Time to visit the car forums.

you can fit your beemer in the box lol :)

so yeah, it's a big hunka monitor. It fit well in my sante fe--now there's another reason to own one of these :D

Yreka said:
It is a huuuuge box.. I would say impossible to fit in your 3 series

My box dimensions are 31"x44"x13" for anyone wanting to know if it'll fit in their vehicle.

[Retaliation] said:
i realize theres alot of post going in here daily..so its easy for ppl to sometimes over look posts...but id really appreciate it if someone could take a minute and check there pip setting for me...my original question is here: (3/4 of the way down the page)
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1088497&page=56&pp=20
thx in advance to those that reply :D

my 37w3 v1.0 doesn't remember my audio setting either when I change it from the main input.

86reddawg said:
my 37w3 v1.0 doesn't remember my audio setting either when I change it from the main input.
huh...seems strange they would program it to remember everything but that part of the menu...but i guess thats the way it is....someone from westinghouse is suppose to call me back on this issue(we shall see) ill post what they tell me once i hear back
im using version 1.5(wonder what the differences are) ty very much for the feedback ;)

Can someone answer my question with the firmware? I can't see to find it out under System Info. I get a 1.blank.

Yreka said:
PSA:
Make sure its the W3 (1080p) and not the W2 ( 720p) at Best Buy B&M.

Around here, they only carry the W2. W3 is "Online only"

Unless the store has old stock of the W3's, you will likely have to get it online

Yes its the W2, I didnt know there were two types.. :/

deekayex said:
640 * 480 VGA:

480p component:
Can't you see how your component image is not distorted while the VGA one is? Anyways, what have you decided about this overscaling at 480p?

Well I had a couple PS3s and decided to keep one of them. I haven't read this thread in awhile but was aware of the problems PS3 had over HDMI w/various 1080p sets. I was hoping Sony would've released a firmware that fixed the problems with the blinking but I guess I was just being overly optimistic--it is Sony after all. Anyway, are you guys with PS3s using the system regularly with the Westy or are you holding off for an update in case the blinking might cause damage to the display?

I have to send mine back. I have terrible black horizontal bands that streak the screen leading from any windows I have open. I also have horizontal black band flickering in game and out, and sometimes not all of the monitor will power on. :( Crutchfield says they have discontinued that model and don't have a replacement yet.

I will say that playing games on this has been amazing. FEAR, Company of Heroes, and WoW look breathtaking.

Takath said:
I have to send mine back. I have terrible black horizontal bands that streak the screen leading from any windows I have open. I also have horizontal black band flickering in game and out, and sometimes not all of the monitor will power on. :( Crutchfield says they have discontinued that model and don't have a replacement yet.

I will say that playing games on this has been amazing. FEAR, Company of Heroes, and WoW look breathtaking.
well..i spoke to Westinghouse the other day (right after getting off the phone with Crutchfield) they told me the same thing"discontinued" the rep at Westy said thats false...its a brand new model...so id hop on the phone with westinghouse(866) 287-5555 and talk to them..the TV has a 1 year warrenty with them...so your good to go

Takath said:

so W4 is coming :eek:

Anyone using one of these with single-link DVI? I just found out that my 7800GS isn't dual-link and I was dead-set on getting one of these once I had the money. Now I'm a bit worried. While reading this thread I've seen some mumbles of using single-link, but no "yes it will" or "no it will not". Does it?

VGplay said:
Anyone using one of these with single-link DVI? I just found out that my 7800GS isn't dual-link and I was dead-set on getting one of these once I had the money. Now I'm a bit worried. While reading this thread I've seen some mumbles of using single-link, but no "yes it will" or "no it will not". Does it?

Yes it will. I'm using a single-link DVI cable from my X850XT (which DOES NOT SUPPORT dual link DVI) and it works beautifully. Get it; you won't regret it.

revenant said:

I have a friend who drives a 911 carrera (basic one) and he had to get his car serviced. They gave him the loaner Cayenne S and he said it was a brick with wheels (handles like shyt). So I'd reconsider the Cayenne :)

The ACURA MDX I hear drives like a car and it 4wd stock. So...there's another car to consider.

If you have the moola go for the Motor Trend rated Mercedes GL class.

:)

costupdate on ebay received my WESTY today and have sent it immediately. Will be receiving it next week... in europe. god what a risk. let's hope it's fine when it arrives. ;)

well i have a ? here
how many peeps bought warranty with it and how many have had it for over a year(if its been out that long)
its cause i have a westy 32 lcd tv and the color comes and goes, it will look great for awhile but then the color fades, Ive had it for about 2 years now
and i just placed my order at etronics for the 37 monitor which will be here monday and for their 2 year warranty its like $169 i think but i didnt pick it up and seeing how this tv is giving me probs now im thinking it might be a good idea to pick it up
just wanna hear from you guys
thanks

Goodness, 170 bucks for a 2 year warranty is a bit much. I think I got my 3 year warranty at Crutchfield for 90 bucks. That's the only real reason I got it. But if I had problems like you are having, I would definately think twice about getting the extended warranty.

I have also heard that you can get relatively cheap extended warranties from your credit card company, might be something to check out.

yea on the website its $649 but they called me and said it was on sale for the $169(hope it was not more) or so but i guess it was for the 3 year warranty though so ima think about it cause of the probs ive had with this one

Yo, when I use DVI-2, the PC desktop is shifted a few lines to the left, but when I use DVI-1, it's centered properly. What's up with that?

reductant said:
Yo, when I use DVI-2, the PC desktop is shifted a few lines to the left, but when I use DVI-1, it's centered properly. What's up with that?
huh...no idea...my pc is in dvi 1 and my cable box is in dvi 2..both run flawless

reductant said:

When I use DVI 2 for my PC, my desktop is shifted upwards a bit, I found this very strange (as well as ugly and unuseable).

I intend on exchaning this monitor for another.

SysteX said:
Yes it will. I'm using a single-link DVI cable from my X850XT (which DOES NOT SUPPORT dual link DVI) and it works beautifully. Get it; you won't regret it.

Would there be any benefit to using dual-link? I am fairly certain the 7900GT has atleast one dual link DVI slot, but I do not have a dual-link DVI cable. It looks fantastic as it is, but if there is improvement to be had, DVI cables arent that expensive.

I use single-link DVI and the picture is beautiful. I'm currently running an XFX 7950GT (the fan-less one).

I'm no expert or antyhing, but I don't think that 1920x1080 is high enough to need dual-link. I don't think it would do anything. I'm thinking that 1920x1080 is the cutoff for singal-link. don't quote me on that though.

Viper87227 said:
Would there be any benefit to using dual-link? I am fairly certain the 7900GT has atleast one dual link DVI slot, but I do not have a dual-link DVI cable. It looks fantastic as it is, but if there is improvement to be had, DVI cables arent that expensive.

I don't know about the dual link DVI part, mine is on the way and I will be able to tell you later the difference between VGA and DVI.

Secondly, How many 7900gt cards out there don't have dual lik dvi ports? If I am not mistaken, I think both of them are (if you have 2 that is). I know that my 7600gs (which has a vga and DVI) has a Dual link DVI port, so there is no reason not to suspect that your 7900gt doesn't have one.

mfc2mfc2 said:
I confirmed that the W3 is not discontinued. In fact, it is back in stock at Crutchfield.

Didn't take long, now they are out of stock/ no longer available.

Ladicius said:
I don't know about the dual link DVI part, mine is on the way and I will be able to tell you later the difference between VGA and DVI.

Secondly, How many 7900gt cards out there don't have dual lik dvi ports? If I am not mistaken, I think both of them are (if you have 2 that is). I know that my 7600gs (which has a vga and DVI) has a Dual link DVI port, so there is no reason not to suspect that your 7900gt doesn't have one.
7900gt is dvi only (2 of em)..and dvi cables are not alot of $

SPEEDMAN said:
costupdate on ebay received my WESTY today and have sent it immediately. Will be receiving it next week... in europe. god what a risk. let's hope it's fine when it arrives. ;)

shipment tracking of DHL states it's in NY now :cool:

soon westinghousing :cool:

I took pictures of my 42" Westinghouse monitor, but I can honestly say that my camera sucks and it doesn't do it any justice at all. But I will say that there is very minimal banding through my VGA input (all I have for now till the DVI-D cable comes in) and I have 0 dead pixels.

Looks amazing and I couldn't stop laughing when I first opened it up! HUGE! :D

Back