Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Isn't there a way to control the position of your PC desktop via your graphics card? I'm using Catalyst but I can't find any option for this. Should I return it or is an issue with my graphics card? I wish I had some other device to test out DVI2 with.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, I ordered mine from eTronics.com. It arrived new, no damage in shipping via DHL, and arrived within 2 days.

I have another question. The Audio In port is grouped with the VGA port. So does that means it's not possible to have your PC on DVI and simultaneously get the audio from your PC? Could I buy a 3.5 mm to RCA male adapter?

reductant said:
I have another question. The Audio In port is grouped with the VGA port. So does that means it's not possible to have your PC on DVI and simultaneously get the audio from your PC? Could I buy a 3.5 mm to RCA male adapter?

vga has 3.5mm audio in and dvi has rca in.. there is also rca audio out to hook up to a reciever

CyC said:
vga has 3.5mm audio in and dvi has rca in.. there is also rca audio out to hook up to a reciever
Well, I found an audio cable with 3.5 mm at one end and RCA at the other. I'm all set now.

reductant said:
Isn't there a way to control the position of your PC desktop via your graphics card? I'm using Catalyst but I can't find any option for this. Should I return it or is an issue with my graphics card? I wish I had some other device to test out DVI2 with.

I returned and exchanged my 42" today cause it had terrible backlight distribution and several dead pixels, and I mentioned how on DVI-2 my desktop was shifted upwards. The guy said that was something that should be adjusted thru gfx card, and not a fault of the monitor. I can't find such an option in my vid card drivers either. I'm using a Visiontek Geforce 4 Ti-4400...

My replacement 42" has no backlight problems or dead pixels, I'm very happy.

reductant said:
BTW, in case anyone is wondering, I ordered mine from eTronics.com. It arrived new, no damage in shipping via DHL, and arrived within 2 days.

What was the firmware,I may order one from them also.

Grimspoon said:
I returned and exchanged my 42" today cause it had terrible backlight distribution and several dead pixels, and I mentioned how on DVI-2 my desktop was shifted upwards. The guy said that was something that should be adjusted thru gfx card, and not a fault of the monitor. I can't find such an option in my vid card drivers either. I'm using a Visiontek Geforce 4 Ti-4400...

My replacement 42" has no backlight problems or dead pixels, I'm very happy.
How about the desktop shift on DVI 2? I am using a PowerColor Radeon X800GTO. I do believe the position of the screen is controlled by the driver. Unfortunately, the drivers available options (at least for ATI Catalyst) seems to change depending on what type of display is attached. Though there should be an option for me to adjust the screen position, it is not being shown. I may search for some alternate drivers besides teh official ones. It doesn't really matter to me, though.

Gun_Strife said:
my dhl page has not been updated but once still eta of monday though

Mine did that too.. It said it was in PA, right up until the time it showed up at my door in CA :)

Yreka said:
Mine did that too.. It said it was in PA, right up until the time it showed up at my door in CA :)

lol yup mine now says here in cali since 9am and they didnt send it to me :( wish i didnt work today as i would have went down and picked it up myself now i have to wait till monday, and did you grab the warranty with etronics

Nah, I didnt get the extended from Etronics.. I didnt have the extra cash at the time, it was a stretch just getting the display. There is a site that sells extended warranties I may go with, of course I dont have the link here, its on my PC at work.

They were recommended over at AVS, and were cheaper than Etronics. Best part, is you have up until your mfg warranty runs out before you have to purchase, in other words, you can wait 9-10 months before you have to buy it.

I am going to see how it goes over the course of 10 months or so before I decide to get it or not.

o thats cool
could you please provide the AVS link and when you do get a chance could you also please post the link to the site( assuming it would be monday?)

the reason i am now concerned is cause my 32 westy tv's color is crapping out on me after about 2 years
thanks

OMG !! :eek:

in less than two days the monitor is allready in brussels, the capital of my country. They will deliver it today if all goes well. That means delivery from Cleveland to my adress somewhere in Europe in TWO DAYS :eek: VIVA DHL :D will take pictures and post them ! :cool:

Mercyreaper said:
Where did you order yours from Speed?

member 'costupdate' on ebay.

had to send money through wire transfer, but since it went through ebay and i talked to some other european customers that were happy, I decided to order.

it was about 1500 $ shipment inclusive.

hope i helped you out with this info

SPEEDMAN said:
OMG !!

in less than two days the monitor is allready in brussels, the capital of my country. They will deliver it today if all goes well. That means delivery from Cleveland to my adress somewhere in Europe in TWO DAYS :eek: VIVA DHL :D will take pictures and post them ! :cool:

That's awesome. Mine has yet to ship to me in Germany. Good thing they already charged my card. :(

@speedman

I wish you all the best with your new playtoy.
Please make some pictures and write a good review, because you are the probably the first
with a westy in belgium. hehe

@phobic

I'm also from Germany.

How much tax`@ the custom you have to pay?

thx,

tgp

Hello all, first post here :) This thread is amazing on this Monitor, I currently have the Apple 30" Display, bought last Christmas and LOVE it, playing WoW at 2560x1600 is pretty freaking cool, but my system can just handle it border line. This 37" would be easier on games

Anyway's was looking at the 37" maybe, and sell my Apple to my Brother, but at WorstBuy site this thing is like almost $1,500.00, I thought it was going for around $999.00 ?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat95100050006&id=1140394400806

newegg is pretty great(used to be better but....)
they get stuff shipped very fast though not sure bout warranty as i am curious as well

From my experience Newegg is one of the best sites to order from on the internet. I have never had any problems buying or RMAing anything. Super fast turnaround on all issues.

read the reviews on the site man its not that hard
and it doesnt matter if you get a def unit from one place doesnt mean all units they have are def
plus as its been stated they ship fast and have one if not the best csr's there

Ok thanks Ive read through and im about to order one from new egg...

One last thing I really did not notice in the thread....

How is it for doing some graphic design work? Should I stick to using my 20" vp201s for this task at 1600x1200...will my vp201s have more accurate color representation?

Thanks!

TigzStudio said:
I mean..
has anyone specifically ordered this TV from Newegg.com.... and did they get any defective unit or anything?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16889234001
with the 3 year + tax + shipping the tv comes to 1459 or so.

I'll let you know Tuesday as I just ordered this unit on Friday from the egg.

This is Newegg's Bulk Item Return Policy

* Return for refund within: non-refundable
* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable

This is our Detailed Bulk Item Return Policy. Bulk Items (including but not limited to such items as Air Conditioners, Home Entertainment Systems and Televisions 24 inches and larger) cannot be returned to Newegg.com for refund or replacement service. Therefore, you are urged to carefully examine the box your bulk item ships in before signing for the package. Should you observe any damage to the shipping box, or if the wrong product was sent, you must refuse delivery while the shipping courier is still on the premises. The item will be returned to Newegg.com and you will be refunded the full amount, including applicable shipping costs and tax.

If you determine upon inspection that the condition of the shipping box is satisfactory, an adult is required to sign the shipping courier's release form to complete delivery. By signing this release, you are acknowledging and agreeing to Newegg.com's Terms and Conditions, understanding that you cannot return the television to Newegg.com and that the condition of the delivery meets your expectations. After delivery, please read all included documentation and/or contact the manufacturer directly to determine applicable warranty coverage, if any. you can not return it to Newegg after you sign for it. So you have to be present when the courier shows up at your appt. time and check the box real well. Once you sign for it its yours.

so basically with newegg warranty... your screwed if you get one that is defective right out of the box.

You just have manufacturer warranty, and have to ship it (at your cost) back to the orig. manufacturer in teh original box.

They then try to fix it or gget u a new on if they cant....

Also i read that its 5 or more dead pixels clumped together.... pretty risky,... too bad absolutely no retail stores seem to carry this lcd tv.

sams club = online only,... bestbuy has none in stock in store.....

Maybe should have bestbuy order it to their store is that possible?...

kfish311 said:
Yea i just got this monitor from plus 101 on ebay!!! Love it think it's awesome. INSANLY PISSED AT THE PS3 ISSUE THOUGH!!!!!

I bought mine from him off ebay. 100% happy with everything. Would buy again from him.

i got my westy from crutchfield. i hate the hdmi problem with the ps3. i have one stuck pixel, its pink/purple but i guess i can live with that.
figured id share my photo of my westy, altho im not a good photographer pictures dont seem great. here it is

my desktop

Picture042.jpg

and 1080p over hdmi bluray of ricky bobby

rickybobby.jpg

monitor is well worth the 979 i paid for it.

lol nice..

WELL! I did it,,,, i clicked the order button on newegg.....

Used AMEX double my warranty, because ive heard quite a few stories of it dying like barely after the 1 year warranty multiple times....

I will post pics when she is setup! woo hoo!

BTW i also have a 37" sharp aquos (with the 1 bit digital audio chip) they no longer make this... its sweet too, but dedicated for home theater and hd tv.

I hope it is good for my pc monitor , xbox 360! cant wait.!

Back