Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Welcome to the westy 37" (or bigger) club!!! Now you can update your sig :p

FINALLY!!! I FINALLY GET TO SHOW YOU GUYS A PIC! :)

I love it so much. I'm supposed to go to my gf's now and I don't wanna leave b/c I haven't gotten to play with the new setup much, but I've got business by where she lives and my job needs me in her town in the morning... long story.

Anyway, I'll get better pix when it's setup better... maybe... check it out (i love it so much)... Dell 2405FPW to the left. Don't mind the hooters... it was a gift from my bro's trip to FL a long time ago.

PCdeskSetup2008_0115_204306.jpg

I feel like a MAN now.

Good point about sig... I'll have to get to that.

The 37" must have a much better screen than the 42". I could not get the colors right on the 42" and text looks 5x better on the philips 42" I replaced my westy with. Wish places would carry the 37" westy locally, coulda saved 400 bucks. ahh well

The 37" must have a much better screen than the 42". I could not get the colors right on the 42" and text looks 5x better on the philips 42" I replaced my westy with. Wish places would carry the 37" westy locally, coulda saved 400 bucks. ahh well

I'm sure the 42" kicks ass, but I don't think I'd want my PC monitor bigger than 37"... at least for my setup. It already seems almost too big, but I'm getting used to it. Yes, I said it seems almost too big! lol

But... the colors are so powerful... the image looks considerably better than my Dell Ultrasharp 2405fpw... I should hook up my Ultrasharp 2005FPW and see how it does against it b/c I always thought my 2005fpw was better than my 2405fpw (picture-quality wise).

The Westy seems to be a little more on the redish side when I play TF2... the game has a lot of orange/red and it seems too bright, but I adjusted a bit. I don't know much about adjusting colors, so if someone helps me out I'm sure I can tweak it just right. It's a NICE PC monitor... without a doubt!

i think we're all so spoiled that we want every single client in our homes to have @least that huge of a screen :eek:

Just an update; it's currently not visible. I don't know how long it's been gone for as I'm in school and not home much, but... it's not visible any more. *shrugs*

G'morning all,

I have a LVM-37W3 that I bought from Newegg in early February of 2007 on the recommendation of this thread and a friend who bought it and I got to see it in person. I've used it since for my PC as well as my 360. Quite the lovely thing.

Sadly, in the last few days, I've noticed something quite weird. On the right side of the screen, there is an indented section in the shape of a large "I V". It only shows up on grey, approximately the shade of [H]'s. The darker or lighter it is, the less visible, until not at all.

No change when I apply pressure to the screen (although I didn't try too hard).

I've uploaded a picture to my website, you can see it here.

So, what is it? Is it really, really bad? Or will it be okay?

Thanks! :)

I think my DVI1 input is also shot, so I just use DVI2 instead, problem solved :D

There's no way in hell I'm shipping this thing off and being monitorless much less... computerless for a week or so.

For the faulty DVI port, does the source you used require HDCP? Only one of the 37W3's DVI ports has HDCP support. I've forgotten which one is which.

Anyone have trouble going back to something smaller? I mean, I get on my womans machine (my old one) that is 20.1" @ 1680x1050 and it's small as hell and almost hard to read....AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyone have trouble going back to something smaller? I mean, I get on my womans machine (my old one) that is 20.1" @ 1680x1050 and it's small as hell and almost hard to read....AHHHHHHHHHHHH

my 2405fpw Dell ultrasharp that i use as a dual monitor to this seems small... having a rough time reading the txt now!!

and my gf's 22" that is up close to your face used to seem just as big as my 24" dell when i didn't have the westy... no more!

My son's 19" widescreen looks like a business card......I am already used to the 37", anything smaller sucks. At least at work I have lcd duallies, a 17" and a 15" square display....catalogs on one side and invoicing/internet on the other.

is this monitor still going to be available in like 6 months max? prob pick one up in 3 or so months.

Been using it for a while as a monitor now and I get a weird problem. Sometimes when the power saving kicks in the TV turns off completely as it should, but other times it doesnt. If I turn off the lights the screen still emits light. Why doesnt it turn off completely every time? Anyone know?

Finally got everything setup. I love it. Color is a little wonky, but it's manageable.

DSC01835.jpg

whats the 2nd setup for? i used to do that too in my room and just got rid of it when i set up this TV... freed up some space in my bedroom. i had mine set up for friend's to come over and game lol, but @ 26 i gotta stop being a lil kid!

whats the 2nd setup for? i used to do that too in my room and just got rid of it when i set up this TV... freed up some space in my bedroom. i had mine set up for friend's to come over and game lol, but @ 26 i gotta stop being a lil kid!

There are actually 3 there, the main, the mini which I'm typing on, and do my general browsing etc, and another mini on the left there, whose purpose is solely to convert video to an xbox360 friendly format. It's not exactly the fastest machine in the world, but it's not too bad, that and using the two macs together is just fun. Synergy makes it easy. I also have the 360 and my ps2 on the 37. It's pretty great. PC audio is going into the westy and through the headphones, the mini goes through the altec speaker pair, and then the xbox is running through the receiver on the left. I should get a tv tuner or something but, i hate tv so no big deal. Maybe someday. In the meantime I'm keeping my eye on a Mac Pro, probably going to be my next major purchase.

Anyway, it works for me.

Been using it for a while as a monitor now and I get a weird problem. Sometimes when the power saving kicks in the TV turns off completely as it should, but other times it doesnt. If I turn off the lights the screen still emits light. Why doesnt it turn off completely every time? Anyone know?

I have had this problem with mine too... I think it is an issue with all of them. I just turn mine off when I leave.

my 37w3se just died today (won't turn on), I bought it new from costco 7 months ago, Costco refuses to support it because it's listed as monitor and their extended warranty only applies to tvs
So now I'll have to deal with westinghouse directly, I'll call them tomorrow but im not looking forward to that.

my 37w3se just died today (won't turn on), I bought it new from costco 7 months ago, Costco refuses to support it because it's listed as monitor and their extended warranty only applies to tvs
So now I'll have to deal with westinghouse directly, I'll call them tomorrow but im not looking forward to that.

Hold on a minute there dude, you should call Costco back.

Their website says:

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

If they're going to be that way about it, then just return it for a full refund. After all if they're going to be technical about it, it's not a television and that list doesn't say monitors exactly. Turnabout is fair play.

It's stories like these that make me want to buy any other than brand than Westinghouse... ok maybe not Akai or Vizio....

That 37" 1080p from JVC has my eye though.

ok 30 min using my 22" and i have serious withdraw symptoms :p I wan't my big monitor back, it's so freaken odd going back to small screen.

Their website says:

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

If they're going to be that way about it, then just return it for a full refund. After all if they're going to be technical about it, it's not a television and that list doesn't say monitors exactly. Turnabout is fair play.
lol that's a good catch, if they want to play hard ball and refuse my warranty then I'll push for refund and get a new westy from newegg.

Their website says:

you lost me... it says exceptions: televisions...
your refund is a 90day period on televisions according to your quote... :confused::confused:

you lost me... it says exceptions: televisions...
your refund is a 90day period on televisions according to your quote... :confused::confused:

They denied warranty because they said it was a monitor. Now that quote says they won't do it if it's a television. So maybe he can get them to refund it because it's not a "television" like they said, but a computer monitor.

They denied warranty because they said it was a monitor. Now that quote says they won't do it if it's a television. So maybe he can get them to refund it because it's not a "television" like they said, but a computer monitor.

oops, stupid me. sry, and thx for clarification. :)

ok called costco again, customer service won't give me refund because they claim the 37w3se has an analog tv tunner therefore it's a tv and only elgible for 90 refund policy.
The tech support still maintains that the westy is monitor therefore not under 2 year extended warranty from costco.
God damn I'm pissed, I'll deal with them some more when I have some free time, but im never buying another thing from f@$#en costco

ok called costco again, customer service won't give me refund because they claim the 37w3se has an analog tv tunner therefore it's a tv and only elgible for 90 refund policy.
The tech support still maintains that the westy is monitor therefore not under 2 year extended warranty from costco.
God damn I'm pissed, I'll deal with them some more when I have some free time, but im never buying another thing from f@$#en costco

BULLSHIT....show them the webpage for the display, it has NO TUNER OF ANY KIND....

ya i know it's a monitor and there is no tuner, but you wouldn't belive how thickheaded their customer service is, the lady told me that their information is straight from westinghouse and it was preperaed by westinghouse technicians. So they say it has analog tv tunner and won't budge on that, I'm gonna try calling westinghouse and try to get some spec sheet or something that says no tuner, or do a confrance call with costco.

Thick headed is not even the word....the specs online specifically state:

"HD Cable, HD Satellite and HD Gaming
Because the LVM-37w3 is a true 1080p monitor, you can attach all your favorite sources using uncompressed digital interfaces. Multiple high-bandwidth digital interfaces mean high-performance HD digital cable, HD satellite and an HD game console"

Nothing in there about a tv tuner....at all.....have they even looked at the actual specs?

Westinghouse doesn't refer to it as a TV a single time in the included documentation. Not once. It's "your 1080p Monitor" this and "the 1080p Monitor" that. Good luck with costco.

dont even start talking the the customer support, immediately demand their supervisor, get as high up the chain as you can.

Back