Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Well, I can't confirm anything but they would be insane to remove the only HDCP compliant DVI port on the device.. I am sure the one remaining is HDCP compliant.. but let's wait and see what milagu says. :)

True! and good point, but it does no good on a DVI <--> HDMI cable because the DVI end wont be capable of capturing or delivering an audio signal..

Yep... says right on the sheet that comes with the TV. DVI = HDCP...

I love this freaking set. I don't have any good DVDs to test with it and only have a progressive scan DVD player, but it looks unbelievable on what I've already tried.

Yessssssssssssssss! :D

I do have one bad thing to say about it though.... I did just kick over the Guiness I poured not 5 minutes ago since I'm sitting on the floor. :mad:

The one I ordered on 6/9 just shipped today.
Shipped on 6/14 and expected arrival date of 6/15. 2 of my friends just got their shipping confirmation as well.

GUys, I just got my monitor. It's a LVM-37W3SE...anyway I'm running it at 1080P but it does not fill my monitor completely. I'm connected from my video card's DVI to the monitors HDMI. The fill is at standard and my video card is set to centered. I have an ATI 1900. THanks.

ATI has 2 1080p settings a 1080p60 OPTIMIZED (1776x1000 @ 60Hz) and a 1080p60 STANDARD (1920x1080@60Hz). Make sure you have the Standard settings on in your Catalyst Control Center => DTV settings. If this option is unavailble time to wipe off the older drivers and install the latest drivers, I myself use the NGO optimized drivers from guru3d.com.

BoredTiger, welcome to 4 weeks ago :p

ATI has 2 1080p settings a 1080p60 OPTIMIZED (1776x1000 @ 60Hz) and a 1080p60 STANDARD (1920x1080@60Hz). Make sure you have the Standard settings on in your Catalyst Control Center => DTV settings. If this option is unavailble time to wipe off the older drivers and install the latest drivers, I myself use the NGO optimized drivers from guru3d.com.

BoredTiger, welcome to 4 weeks ago :p

This is weird, I have the standard settings you mention but I still see black bars all around. Does it have anything to do with the way I'm connected form DVI to HDMI?

Yep... says right on the sheet that comes with the TV. DVI = HDCP...

I love this freaking set. I don't have any good DVDs to test with it and only have a progressive scan DVD player, but it looks unbelievable on what I've already tried.

Yessssssssssssssss! :D

I do have one bad thing to say about it though.... I did just kick over the Guiness I poured not 5 minutes ago since I'm sitting on the floor. :mad:

Thank you...

I guess mine will ship tomorrow? I ordered on 6/10, LOL....Still waiting for it to ship! :mad:

This is weird, I have the standard settings you mention but I still see black bars all around. Does it have anything to do with the way I'm connected form DVI to HDMI?

OK the black bars went away went I switched to 1080i, when I go back to 1080P I get the black bars all around again. What's going on? :confused:

Ok so I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers,ran driver cleaner, then re-installed the drivers.

I can still ONLY see Analog display with the VGA cable plugged in. Luckily I recieved my DIV-D M500 Monster cable today as well. So in went the Monster Cable and now the monitor is detected as the W4207. However I am only able to display an Interlaced signal. Maybe this new SE Model just Can't display 1080p. I set the refresh rate to 60htz and when I do a system display on the Westinghouse it still only shows 1080i. I cannot get a 1080p picture, I can see the lines flicker back and fourth when I scroll on Hardforums.

I'm getting pretty frustrated now. A new monitor should not be THIS difficult to setup.

Oh yea and my monstercable connector is too large so I am not able to plug in the DVI to VGA adapter at the same time...

It looks more clear in 1080i but it jutters when I move the mouse or windows arround so I guess back to VGA and a non-native resolution!

Ok so I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers,ran driver cleaner, then re-installed the drivers.

I can still ONLY see Analog display with the VGA cable plugged in. Luckily I recieved my DIV-D M500 Monster cable today as well. So in went the Monster Cable and now the monitor is detected as the W37. However I am only able to display an Interlaced signal. Maybe this new SE Model just Can't display 1080p. I set the refresh rate to 60htz and when I do a system display on the Westinghouse it still only shows 1080i. I cannot get a 1080p picture, I can see the lines flicker back and fourth when I scroll on Hardforums.

I'm getting pretty frustrated now. A new monitor should not be THIS difficult to setup.

Oh yea and my monstercable connector is too large so I am not able to plug in the DVI to VGA adapter at the same time...

It looks more clear in 1080i but it jutters when I move the mouse or windows arround so I guess back to VGA and a non-native resolution!

The SE can display 1080p, I even showed examples with picutes of me running this on my ancient system. I don't understand how people are having such trouble to getting this set up. It took me literally 5 seconds to run 1080p with this monitor. So you forced HDTV settings and it only allows for a interlaced image?

First thing I did when I got this monitor was connect it via DVI-D cable and run a 1920x1080 resolution witch automatically set it at 30hz @ 1080i. Then I just raised the refresh rate to 60Hz and it was detected as a 1080p. There are other ways to turn on 1080p on CCC and NView. Try making a custom resolution, 1920x1080 @ 60Hz and apply it.

The SE can display 1080p, I even showed examples with picutes of me running this on my ancient system. I don't understand how people are having such trouble to getting this set up. It took me literally 5 seconds to run 1080p with this monitor. So you forced HDTV settings and it only allows for a interlaced image?

First thing I did when I got this monitor was connect it via DVI-D cable and run a 1920x1080 resolution witch automatically set it at 30hz @ 1080i. Then I just raised the refresh rate to 60Hz and it was detected as a 1080p. There are other ways to turn on 1080p on CCC and NView. Try making a custom resolution, 1920x1080 @ 60Hz and apply it.

Yea I'm set at 1920x1080 60 htz but the screen is displaying only 1080i I don't have any reason to lie, it's probably a bug in this new version. Unfortunately this is totaly unacceptable and it will need to be returned. Hell I already have a 1080i CRT I could use....I can take a picture. If no1 believes me. The Monitor is NOT detected as the LVM-37w3se...It is detected as the 4207, I believe this is the issue but I have no clue how to fix it.

GOT IT WORKING WOOT WOOT what a PITA. Still no luck with the VGA cable...

Yea I'm set at 1920x1080 60 htz but the screen is displaying only 1080i I don't have any reason to lie, it's probably a bug in this new version. Unfortunately this is totaly unacceptable and it will need to be returned. Hell I already have a 1080i CRT I could use....I can take a picture. If no1 believes me.

It's just that from the start it sounded like you received a damaged display, especially with that display lock up you wrote about. I doubt it would be a bug because I have a new version and I am running 1080p perfectly fine in vga through xbox360 and dvi through the pc.

does everybody's pc who has the new 37w3SE hooked up see it as the W4207? What's this all about and does it affect anything? doesn't sound like it does except for the guy who keeps having the problems...

does everybody's pc who has the new 37w3SE hooked up see it as the W4207? What's this all about and does it affect anything? doesn't sound like it does except for the guy who keeps having the problems...

I got 37w3se model printed outside the box, how do you check whether 37w3se or W4207?

Mine is displayed as a w4207 in my display drivers but that does not effect its performance or display ability.

UPS only had my monitor for about 1 day and it only traveled a total of 10-20 miles, maybe thats why my display is working perfectly?

I hope mine arrives safely.
The two I bought from Crutchfield came in perfect condition. Not even a scratch.
Eagle Freight ftw.

Well Guys I tried to boot into C&C3 and it went in crap mode again. I have to pan everywhere. The video card is set to 1080p but It is displaying 1080i only. I have to pan around the screen to see the whole thing it really sucks.

I honestly wasted like 10 hours already trying to get this to work. I don't think it is going to.

I had to boot into safemod and re-install drivers again in order to get anything to show up on the screen.

How I got it to work the first time was enabeling treat as HDTV in the custom settings. then Bam all of a sudden I had 1080p. That trick is not working now. I will continue to screw around tomarrow but It would be nice to actualy USE the damn thing. Mine only traveled about 10 miles as well. I don't know what to do at this point. I also have a 101 deg fever!

has anybody ever complained to UPS about their poor handling of these delicate packages? Thought I read one of the posts that said looked like somebody opened up the box, the styrofoam mold was kind of broken up and part of the tv was sticking out... that's totally not cool... I really hope mine doesn't show up like that. Like some punk kid was goin fishin through the UPS packages...

Where do the tv's ship out from? Hope it doesn't take too long to get to me to minimize the amount of handling from people like that lol

Well Guys I tried to boot into C&C3 and it went in crap mode again. I have to pan everywhere. The video card is set to 1080p but It is displaying 1080i only. I have to pan around the screen to see the whole thing it really sucks.

I honestly wasted like 10 hours already trying to get this to work. I don't think it is going to.

I had to boot into safemod and re-install drivers again in order to get anything to show up on the screen.

How I got it to work the first time was enabeling treat as HDTV in the custom settings. then Bam all of a sudden I had 1080p. That trick is not working now. I will continue to screw around tomarrow but It would be nice to actualy USE the damn thing. Mine only traveled about 10 miles as well. I don't know what to do at this point. I also have a 101 deg fever!

I'd say its about time to return that monitor to costco and reorder, or get a complete different lcd :( . My monitor is working so well, I feel bad for people who have this monitor and can't see what I'm seeing!

one thing that's also worried me a little (but not really) is that for some reason it seems that i've been reading a lot of people say that their set fails after 11 months or so (and it's weird because they all say 11 months). Anybody had their set for more than a year and still goin strong?

Where do the tv's ship out from?
ONTARIO CA. US
That was for 2 westys. Both from the same place. But I'm not sure about the rest of people.
I'd say its about time to return that monitor to costco and reorder, or get a complete different lcd :( . My monitor is working so well, I feel bad for people who have this monitor and can't see what I'm seeing!
I know what you mean men. I had mine working perfect, and there's no words that can describe how gorgeous it looks. It's just amazing.

it seems that now I am no longer to use the second icon in the monitors menu in DVI mode?

I should be able to select the second icon from the top right? it works in VGA mode but not in DVI.

I'm taking this back tomarrow. Tempted to order another but at the same time I'm kinda pissed off. I doubt I will get another one without dead pixles.

ONTARIO CA. US
That was for 2 westys. Both from the same place. But I'm not sure about the rest of people.

I know what you mean men. I had mine working perfect, and there's no words that can describe how gorgeous it looks. It's just amazing.

Hmmm...should take just about 3 or 4 days for ups ground to get up to the bay area from there :eek: Oh please UPS be gentle with my package...

Tempted to order another but at the same time I'm kinda pissed off. I doubt I will get another one without dead pixles.

There was some reviewer on Amazon that said he got four westy's over the course of a year and has had 0 dead pixel problems, so you might have some good luck

Hey all, thanks for spreading the word about this great monitor and particularly the Costco deal which appears to still be going on. I do have one question though and this may already have been answered, but if using DVI input from a PC can this monitor drive non-native but still 16:9 resolutions such as 848x480, 1280x720, 1366x768, etc? What about over VGA? I have quite a bit of experience setting up custom resolutions both with Powerstrip and NVIDIA drivers for use with a first-generation analog rear projection TV using a VGA to RGBHV cable, but is it the same with DVI and this monitor in particular. I plan on using native (1920x1080) for the most part but there will no doubt be some games that just aren't playable at that res on my 7800 GTX.

In any case I have placed the order and hopefully will be getting shipping confirmation soon :) This looks like an amazing monitor at an absurdly good price.

I still iknd of think it is a driver issue. But I need to know if anyone can access the icon second from the top in the menu on the TV when in DVI mode.

oh schnap

monitorvb3.png

you better bet your ass that there will be...

THE LARGEST picture parade when this baby gets here :D

I'm sure people have already figured this out but probably why there are no auto detect options for full 1080p on this monitor is because windows detects it as the W4207, which itself is a 720p max monitor.

Did Westinghouse knowingly fit the 37w3se's with a modified W4207 firmware or something? Or does Vista just not know what this is and just deems it the W4207. Could a fix from Westinghouse eventually properly identify this as a 37w3?

Wish I'd gotten in earlier on the deal so that I'd get the non se :( Oh well here's hoping that everything works out without much trouble! Well I still gotta wait for the shipping confirmation first of all lol

I'm sure people have already figured this out but probably why there are no auto detect options for full 1080p on this monitor is because windows detects it as the W4207, which itself is a 720p max monitor.

Did Westinghouse knowingly fit the 37w3se's with a modified W4207 firmware or something? Or does Vista just not know what this is and just deems it the W4207. Could a fix from Westinghouse eventually properly identify this as a 37w3?

Wish I'd gotten in earlier on the deal so that I'd get the non se :( Oh well here's hoping that everything works out without much trouble! Well I still gotta wait for the shipping confirmation first of all lol

Don't know... does everyone who is having it detected as the w4207 have Vista? I have Windows XP Pro and it detects as the SE.... Shows up in the ATI control panel as LVM37W3se and as soon as I hooked it up over DVI, it immediately set it to 1920x1080, 60Hz.

I wouldn't lose hope guys, but Just, I understand your frustration man. I don't know what is going on with yours but I'd consider trying to order another one and returning that one. Especially considering your 10 minutes away. If the new one has problems, then you know it's just your setup somehow.

As for UPS and package handling. Mine came from Ontario, CA all the way to FL with hardly a scratch. It had one slight crush on the top end and a dent on the side that didn't even break through. The TV is in mint condition. It seems like they made a special trip to deliver it????? UPS Ground always comes to my office at like 1-2 PM and my TV showed up at like 9:50 AM. It was a nice surprise. :p

Again though, are the people with these weird problems running Vista or something?

hmm good stuff with your shipping!

as far as Vista goes, I didn't think what OS other people were using since I'm running Vista myself lol. I didn't go over the posts about having their display detected as a W4207 so I can't recall what OS they were using...I think maybe one was using a Mac.

Other than that if XP detects it as the SE, guess it's highly likely that Vista will too, but you never know...

Hey all, thanks for spreading the word about this great monitor and particularly the Costco deal which appears to still be going on. I do have one question though and this may already have been answered, but if using DVI input from a PC can this monitor drive non-native but still 16:9 resolutions such as 848x480, 1280x720, 1366x768, etc? What about over VGA? I have quite a bit of experience setting up custom resolutions both with Powerstrip and NVIDIA drivers for use with a first-generation analog rear projection TV using a VGA to RGBHV cable, but is it the same with DVI and this monitor in particular. I plan on using native (1920x1080) for the most part but there will no doubt be some games that just aren't playable at that res on my 7800 GTX.

In any case I have placed the order and hopefully will be getting shipping confirmation soon :) This looks like an amazing monitor at an absurdly good price.

Yea, as far as I've seen so far it has no problems doing so. It will auto-config and then you either use Std or Fill to make it look as it should. Seems like sometimes it will fit a 16:9/10 resolution to 4:3, but then when you use Fill it looks just fine.

My monitor arrived yesterday all beat up. The box was a mess and the monitor was loose inside the box. The corner of the monitor is all beaten up, scratched dented and gouged. HOWEVER, the screen works perfectly! I updated my ATI drivers and 1080p autodetected. It looks BRILLIANT! I hooked it up to my PS3 and it was a thing of beauty. It is still going back to costco because I bought a new monitor and it should not be physically damaged, but I may just wait till my replacement arrives first.

I just wish that the Men in Brown treated what was obviously a flat-screen TV a little more gingerly.

Im sure this has already been discussed before, but this is a massive thread. I've got a pretty fast rig but this monitor uses a really high res. Do you guys just run games at the native res of 1920x1080 and then turn down the AA or what? I'm interested in getting this monitor but not if my PC gaming is going to suffer in terms of FPS. I dont have a problem turning down the AA if that means I can game on such a big screen and keep the FPS I'm getting right now on my 22". Currently I can run most games at 1680x1050 with 16xAA and 16x AF and get great performance. My system is in my sig.

Back