Got my Benq XL2420T - My opinions

Then you should run away screaming from the BenQ since it has worse colours and more ghosting. It is very unlikely that you will not notice the BenQ's AG coming from the glossy VG236H.
I'm quite interested if this remains true with LB.
I'm thinking future testers now need to test both LightBoost and non-LightBoost for ghosting effects.

We need to compare ASUS non-LightBoost to BENQ non-LightBoost (more ghosting on BENQ)
....OR....
We need to compare ASUS LightBoost to BENQ LightBoost (near zero ghost for both)

I've heard at least one report that the BENQ might have less inter-frame crosstalk than Asus, during the LightBoost strobe mode. I'm not sure if this is applicable to the XL2420T or only for the XL2411T.
There are many scientific reasons why enabling a strobe backlight (LightBoost) can potentially cause the tables to turn; this is because the strobe backlight hides most of the "pixel persistence curve" -- thus, possibly erasing the "bad part of the curve" from being visible to the human eyes.
For an example, see this high speed 480fps YouTube video of LightBoost showing how the vast majority of the pixel persistence curve is hidden by strobing. (backlight turned off while waiting for pixels to transition).

Can someone who also has an ASUS VG278H/HE (or have used one), test the BENQ XL2420T with and without the LightBoost zero-motion-blur tweak? (Forcing LightBoost to be enabled in 2D).
My BENQ XL2411T should arrive within 3-4 days, so I'll be able to test them actually side-by-side.

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
BlurBusters.com Blog -- Eliminating Motion Blur on LCD's

Last edited:
Im not too picky about color... thats what my tv is for. The lightboost makes everything silky smooth.

Just picked up one to try out vs my existing triple 120hz setup. I hope it is as good as they say.

Love mine too (it's a TX) except that it has the bug of some early models where it hangs if it goes sleep while 3D is active. The fix is to hardreset it (unplug power cord). Can also send it for repair but no monitor for 3 weeks is not great.

I have to say now that I got it working - OMG YES SO SMOOTH! Next test is I am going to put it clone mode with one of my GD235HZ and see just how much smoother it looks.

Hi everyone,

I'm choosing over the GW2760HS or the XL2420T for an eyefinity setup.

I currently have a U2713HM, so I haven't really tried going over 60hz. Originally going for 2 more U2713HM but im reconsidering things. 7680x1440 is hard to drive at eye candy levels.

I have 2 R9 290s for this setup.

PC is mostly used for gaming(FPS/RTS) and browsing. No work-related stuff.

Any suggestions/feedbacks?

Thanks!

2 290x's barely satisfy my want for "eye candy" (say no to stairstep) at 1440p on a single monitor at 120Hz/120FPS. I'm considering going tri-fire, but it means big waterloop which scares me.

Back