Google is after your CPU cycles.

Is this statement even legit?

"While I fully understand the concept of multi-threading and process prioritization I have also seen computer performance degrade while running distributed computing clients."

What does he mean by that? Usually it is a case of too much memory hogging rather than computer performance degrade. I think it is this mentality that is the reason why many people decide to not do any DC, let alone FAH.

Mark needs to get his eyeglass prescription checked. Didn't he notice the date of Google Compute? It's 3/26/03. Googles support of F@H has been removed from the latest version of Google Toolbar.

From the bottom of this page:
Thank you for your interest in Google Compute. The latest versions of the Google Toolbar do not support the Google Compute feature. If you would like to support the Folding@home project, please download the official Folding@home client.
More info is in this thread.

To sum it up, Google Compute has ended, it's NOT about to start. ;)

ChelseaOilman

ChelseaOilman said:
Mark needs to get his eyeglass prescription checked. Didn't he notice the date of Google Compute? It's 3/26/03. Googles support of F@H has been removed from the latest version of Google Toolbar.

From the bottom of this page:
More info is in this thread.

To sum it up, Google Compute has ended, it's NOT about to start. ;)

ChelseaOilman

I was wondering about this. I thought it sounded weird as I knew Google had already removed folding from the toolbar and this had actually been going on for a long while now.

And yes, I agree he needs to get his eyes checked again. They are obviously not working as well as they should.

So if google has stoped this, it means we can over take them now.... right?

;)

budec said:
So if google has stoped this, it means we can over take them now.... right?
They have less than twice as many points as us. At half a million per day, we'll overtake them in about a year.

Back