Godaddy $0.99 domain transfer

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by pinoy, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

1. pinoy

pinoy Limp Gawd

If you're a new godaddy customer use code GDD99com1. It expires in March 2020 I think.

SamirD likes this.
  2. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Limp Gawd

if you're a new customer buy as many years as you can because they will bend you over and call you sally come renewal time.

Phattio, jmilcher, Nobu and 2 others like this.
  3. SunnyD

SunnyD 2[H]4U

Or you just transfer between GoDaddy and namecheap every year when they run these specials. TBH none of the registrar deals for getting a domain have ever been for more than a couple years. Usually it's a cheap one year term then full price thereafter, you can never get that initial deal on multi-year registrations.

4. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Limp Gawd

i think i finally went with Ghandy but, i didn't really save much money over G Daddy. However they can be contacted via email, IRC pretty quickly etc etc

5. pinoy

pinoy Limp Gawd

That's what I do. I transfer out from one registrar to the other every year if I can find those elusive discount codes. You can also just make a new account each year and you're a new customer all over again. Godaddy likes to close accounts that have been dormant for a few years. I have multiple accounts. The discount code I posted actually can be applied for multi year subscription but appears to be logarithmic with each succeeding year. I signed up for two years for ~$11. It's $0.99 for one year. I figured I would splurge this time around. It's $17.99 normally per year.

6. xx0xx

xx0xx Gawd

I use PorkBun for all of my domains these days, they tend to have a deal on the first year pretty often, then very reasonable prices thereafter.

I used to use Hover but they started increasing their prices quite a bit, so I moved away.

7. Nobu

Nobu 2[H]4U

dyn had a great price for 5yr renewal, until they were bought by oracle and o sold that part of the service to name. com

:cry: