GK104 = GTX 680 (confirmed), paper launching soon [SA]

Last edited:
Oh, wow, a whopping 10% difference! Yeah, they are.
1.45/1.35 = 7.4% difference.
Also Exodia said 40% faster than the 7970 <.<
And no, so far NOTHING is solid. Wish something was, but nothing is so far.
Even if you fail at math or reading comprehension, they did it for you:
Grady McKinney said:
The ASUS Radeon HD 7970 at these settings averaged 45.9 FPS, a 29.2% performance advantage compared to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 which averaged 35.5 FPS. The AMD Radeon HD 6970 performed much slower at 31.1 average FPS. The ASUS Radeon HD 7970 was 47.5% faster than the AMD Radeon HD 6970.

Last edited:
7970's high memory bandwidth kicks in nicely once you go over 1080p in BF3.

at 1080p both cards are neck to neck, only 3-5 fps apart in BF3.

lol, gtx680 may cost $550 according to this post on another forum. yeah I know its nothing concrete but sad if true. thanks, AMD for setting the bar so low on a next gen product that Nvidia can now charge $550 for what would have been a mid range card. personally I will wait until this level of performance is called the gtx760 and costs 250-300 bucks.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225986/...-arrives-this-month-etc-etc/400#post_16691060

lol, gtx680 may cost $550 according to this post on another forum. yeah I know its nothing concrete but sad if true. thanks, AMD for setting the bar so low on a next gen product that Nvidia can now charge $550 for what would have been a mid range card. personally I will wait until this card is called the gtx760 and costs 250-300 bucks.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1225986/...-arrives-this-month-etc-etc/400#post_16691060

is bulldozer's lame performance and sales to blame for AMD charging more for graphics cards?

lol, gtx680 may cost $550 according to this post on another forum. yeah I know its nothing concrete but sad if true. thanks, AMD for setting the bar so low on a next gen product that Nvidia can now charge $550 for what would have been a mid range card. personally I will wait until this level of performance is called the gtx760 and costs 250-300 bucks.

Are you really this dumb?

Cannondale are you mandated by a court of law to complain about video card prices every single day?

It's seriously annoying to see every thread get derailed because you can't afford a certain video card.

so, fudzilla saying $550 and wining in most benchmarks against 7970 actually means it not really quicker then 7970 because if it was, Nvidia would price it over 7970.

Cannondale are you mandated by a court of law to complain about video card prices every single day?

It's seriously annoying to see every thread get derailed because you can't afford a certain video card.
what I can afford has nothing to do with it as I could build a $3000 pc if I wanted to. I simply like to get a lot of bang for buck. this gen is going to suck from that perspective. at least for the time being.

There's a difference between having the ability to spend something, and throwing it away wastefully. Most people like the former.

so, fudzilla saying $550 and wining in most benchmarks against 7970 actually means it not really quicker then 7970 because if it was, Nvidia would price it over 7970.

that would be true if nvidia came out with their card when amd did.

it would be stupid to charge more this late.

There's a difference between having the ability to spend something, and throwing it away wastefully. Most people like the former.

Please do not defend him, I like to try and stay neutral and like you returned my 7950.
The only person to blame for Nvidia's prices is Nvidia, the same goes for ATI.

Please do not defend him, I like to try and stay neutral and like you returned my 7950.
funny how many people defend AMD's much higher next gen prices by simply blaming Nvidia for charging to much for cards like the gtx580.

That's kind of retarded logic on their part. Ideally nVidia would want to price similarly to the 7970 to undercut AMD if the performance on the 680 is actually better.

Cool story bro please reread what you quoted.

Here I will bold it for you.

funny how many people defend AMD's much higher next gen prices by simply blaming Nvidia for charging to much for cards like the gtx580.

Wow, I was just about to post this after reading his post. Apparently no matter what happens price-wise it's nVidia's fault. :rolleyes:

Cool story bro please reread what you quoted.

Here I will bold it for you.

He wasn't referring to you, obviously. But a lot of people were saying AMD's pricing was nVidia's fault for not having a competitive product out immediately after the 7900 series.

I would say we probably both agree with you in that pricing is generally the fault of the company pricing the product.

Wow, I was just about to post this after reading his post. Apparently no matter what happens price-wise it's nVidia's fault. :rolleyes:

Are you all retarded did you read what I wrote. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

That's kind of retarded logic on their part. Ideally nVidia would want to price similarly to the 7970 to undercut AMD if the performance on the 680 is actually better.

If they could say "We have the fastest single GPU card!" they would price it like that as we have seen in the past. I doubt they would change that now.

at the end of the day amd and nvidia are pretty much partners when you think about it.

All this arguing back and forth is so exciting to read. I really do like to wad through pages of this to actually find some facts about this card, so I can finally decide on what to replace my tired 4870....

Oh wait, that's what the front page news is for. Carry on then :D

If they could say "We have the fastest single GPU card!" they would price it like that as we have seen in the past. I doubt they would change that now.

Possibly, but it seems to be the general consensus that AMD priced about $50-100 too high this round so far. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to charge more on top of what many people believe is too much in the first place.

Though, I'm sure there are multiple factors at work here, 28nm yields being part of that.

yeah hopefully by the end of summer things will get better.

Not until Q3 will we see a significant ramping up of 28nm yields at TSMC, at least that's what I read a couple of months ago on xbit. So,yep, the end of summer looks likely.

Well, 480 was 6 months late, quicker then 5870 and more expensive. We will see...

i agree but AMD didnt sell 5870 for $600 bucks.

in some ways, nvidia must be saying "wow" they grew balls this gen.

Ha, I refuse to pay nV more than $400 for a GK104 part.
They aren't going to scam me into buying a mid-range part at enthusiast prices.
Both camps aren't getting any business from me this round. It's my wallet and I decide who gets a piece of it, so I don't care what their hardships are.

I don't care if it can match a 7970, the real GTX 680 isn't coming until the Summer.
Thankfully I got in on the 480 deal over the weekend.

gtx680.png

I find this image visually amusing.

MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD

I hope all of you arguing about all this nonsense realize how stupid you sound.

Why not shut up and wait for benchmarks so that then you can blame WHATEVER THE HELL HAPPENS on something other than the companies themselves..

sigh..

I find this image visually amusing.

My point exactly. If Nvidia does release the GK104 as the GTX 680 as the rumors say, I hope it receives "No Rating" from [H].
Hopefully Brent and Kyle calls nV out on this one.

Back