Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Thread

does anyone have MCH issues, mine hovers around 60c, if I overclock to say 3.6 ghz, it hits 90c. When i first got it and oc'd it was up to 110C!!! i smelled a burning smell and immediately turned it off. it still works I just hope I didnt break anything....
 
I have a Lian Li V1000, with an H50 in a push/pull config, I also have the side blower fan right next to the gpu/and the area of the mch on the board..... and intake in the front.
 
Mine came in yesterday, doing a build over the weekend, haven't had a new motherboard in 2.5 years, and I have a really dumb question:

with 4 PCI-E slots on the board, is it possible to do a 2 or 3 sli on top and have an independent card at the bottom driving seperate monitors? Could that work? Also, the SLI would be driving 3 monitors through TH2GO.
 
I wanna buy this board. But I'd like to know:

1. If it throttles turbo (disable 21x on i7-920 while underload)

2. If S3 sleep behaves normal under win7

Anybody knows?
 
I just got my X58A-UD3R in today from newegg and its a rev 1 board. I'm going to to build my rig today. Unfortunately I read this thread after I ordered everything and bought the G-Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ which I've read is having issues with this board and I got a 750W XFX Black Edition Power Supply which I think is made by Seasonic. I'm expecting problems. :(
 
Received my X58A-UD3R today from Amazon. I was hoping it would be a revision 2 since the other day their website showed "2 in stock, more on order", and I ordered after that message was gone (leading me to believe the new stock had come), but it was a revision 1.
 
Having trouble getting Sleep S3 state to work under win7x64. If I leave hybrid sleep on it goes completely off always and boots through bios and restores from HDD meaning it actualy takes longer than a clean boot. With Hybrid sleep off, it suspends to ram and comes out of sleep amazingly fast, but has hardware interrupts that eat my cpu cycles. Any advice???
 
Well the boards are diffrent, compare the pics between rev. 1 and rev 2 and you will see a diffrence. The rev 2.0 also has on/off charge while the rev 1.0 does not.
 
Last edited:
Hey all,

*EDIT* I just saw on the Mobo itself that it is Rev 2.0!

I just received my X58A-UD3R from NewEgg and I believe it is Rev 2 (Batch on Box says 201004)

This is my first system build since 2003, so I am a bit new to all of this. Now that I have a Rev 2 board, what would you guys like to see from me so I can help out in any way? I have yet to read through this thread, but will do so once I get my system up and running tonight.
 
Last edited:
Hey all,

I just received my X58A-UD3R from NewEgg and I believe it is Rev 2 (Batch on Box says 201004)

How do I know for sure it's rev 2. I went to the Gigabyte website and compared the images for rev 1 and rev 2 and it looks like I've got rev 2.

This is my first system build since 2003, so I am a bit new to all of this. Now that I have a Rev 2 board, what would you guys like to see from me so I can help out in any way? I have yet to read through this thread, but will do so once I get my system up and running tonight.

It will say what revision it is on the bottom corner of the motherboard. Please let us know if its rev. 2.0. The only diffrence between the 2 is more power and on/off charge.
 
It will say what revision it is on the bottom corner of the motherboard. Please let us know if its rev. 2.0. The only diffrence between the 2 is more power and on/off charge.

It is Rev 2.0!

Just so everyone knows, I ordered this from Newegg on Thursday night, 5/20 (order processed, shipped Friday, 5/21) and I received it today, Wednesday, 5/26.
 
according to Gigabyte they fixed the whining noise, added better power features and the on/off charge. The board should be more stable than the rev. 1.0 Let us know how it preforms I am sending my UD3R rev. 1.0 back to Gigabyte for the Rev. 2.0 board Monday.
 
I bought this mobo a month ago, and I get the whine... :( But if I disable C1E I don't hear it anymore (at least it's not loud enough to bother me)

I'll try to get my mobo replaced with a Rev2, because it's still a defect (in my opinion, we'll see what Gigabyte will say).

according to Gigabyte they fixed the whining noise, added better power features and the on/off charge. The board should be more stable than the rev. 1.0 Let us know how it preforms I am sending my UD3R rev. 1.0 back to Gigabyte for the Rev. 2.0 board Monday.

Do you have a link for the changes of the Rev2? I'd really like to see all the changes. thanks
 
I bought this mobo a month ago, and I get the whine... :( But if I disable C1E I don't hear it anymore (at least it's not loud enough to bother me)

I'll try to get my mobo replaced with a Rev2, because it's still a defect (in my opinion, we'll see what Gigabyte will say).



Do you have a link for the changes of the Rev2? I'd really like to see all the changes. thanks

No I was told this by them on the phone. That is why my MB is going back also.
 
I just got my X58A-UD3R in today from newegg and its a rev 1 board. I'm going to to build my rig today. Unfortunately I read this thread after I ordered everything and bought the G-Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ which I've read is having issues with this board and I got a 750W XFX Black Edition Power Supply which I think is made by Seasonic. I'm expecting problems. :(

So, I got my rig setup. First, I'm having no memory issues what so ever even though the G-Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ is not on the QVL list. Second, I think I'm getting some coil whine when the Hard Drive is being heavily taxed. The whine is not constant and not that loud really. I might just be hearing things. So, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well this build has gone so far. I haven't tried any overclocking yet though.
 
No I was told this by them on the phone. That is why my MB is going back also.

Ok, I guess I'll have to call to. My retailer was of no help really on that matter. They want me to check the power supply... I see them coming, if it works with another one, they'll say change your power supply...

I hope I'll get good service from Gigabyte.
 
I just finished setting up my system and everything posted ok. Rev 2 and my GSkill ram checked out fine, it detected all 6gb (3x2gb) of RAM. I need to configure the rest of the system now.

I have a question though. I have a i7 930, CM 690 II Advanced case.

My computer seems to "turn on" very slowly. I measured the time between pressing the power button and something showing up on the screen and it is around 13-15 seconds.

This is my first system build since 2003, but I am wondering is this typical? Because, it doesn't seem like it.
 
I just finished setting up my system and everything posted ok. Rev 2 and my GSkill ram checked out fine, it detected all 6gb (3x2gb) of RAM. I need to configure the rest of the system now.

I have a question though. I have a i7 930, CM 690 II Advanced case.

My computer seems to "turn on" very slowly. I measured the time between pressing the power button and something showing up on the screen and it is around 13-15 seconds.

This is my first system build since 2003, but I am wondering is this typical? Because, it doesn't seem like it.

Thats normal due to Gigabyte Motherboards, they post very slow. The 2 UD3R's I had all posted slow, from power button to screen post was 10+ seconds. Dont think something is wrong with the board because its normal.
 
Thats normal due to Gigabyte Motherboards, they post very slow. The 2 UD3R's I had all posted slow, from power button to screen post was 10+ seconds. Dont think something is wrong with the board because its normal.

I really don't thing that is a characteristic of Gigabyte boards in general.

I know my EP45-UD3P doesn't take that long to post.
 
Since I could return my rev 1.0 back to Amazon easily, I ordered another GA-X58A-UD3R from Newegg on 5/26/10 since it was reported that they were shipping rev 2.0 boards. I received it today and it was rev 1.0. I'm somewhat upset that Newegg has rev 2.0 boards there but didn't return the 1.0 boards to Gigabyte to be replaced. Looks as though for the time being it is hit or miss on getting a 2.0.
 
Since I could return my rev 1.0 back to Amazon easily, I ordered another GA-X58A-UD3R from Newegg on 5/26/10 since it was reported that they were shipping rev 2.0 boards. I received it today and it was rev 1.0. I'm somewhat upset that Newegg has rev 2.0 boards there but didn't return the 1.0 boards to Gigabyte to be replaced. Looks as though for the time being it is hit or miss on getting a 2.0.

Sorry to hear that man... I must have lucked out.

But who knows, there maybe issues with this board as well... I have yet to give it really any testing so I will report back with any issues.
 
Sorry to hear that man... I must have lucked out.

But who knows, there maybe issues with this board as well... I have yet to give it really any testing so I will report back with any issues.

Which warehouse was your board shipped from? Mine came from TN.
 
Thankfully I found this thread.

I will mostly be following this.

I live in New Zealand and my aunt from Texas will be coming over for holidays.

Looking at this deal at the moment - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.406124

And I will most likely wait for a couple of weeks before ordering from NewEgg.

Can someone please confirm if the Rev 2.0 boards are much more stable and less risk of DOA/RMA as I can't afford to have a DOA board since im living overseas..
 
Thankfully I found this thread.

I will mostly be following this.

I live in New Zealand and my aunt from Texas will be coming over for holidays.

Looking at this deal at the moment - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.406124

And I will most likely wait for a couple of weeks before ordering from NewEgg.

Can someone please confirm if the Rev 2.0 boards are much more stable and less risk of DOA/RMA as I can't afford to have a DOA board since im living overseas..

I think I am the only one who has reported on this forum to have Rev 2.0. I am not going to be overclocking right now and am looking at running full tests this weekend and figuring out the optimal configuration for my parts.

Is there anything in particular you would like to see? I have yet to read through this entire thread.
 
I think I am the only one who has reported on this forum to have Rev 2.0. I am not going to be overclocking right now and am looking at running full tests this weekend and figuring out the optimal configuration for my parts.

Is there anything in particular you would like to see? I have yet to read through this entire thread.

Hey Slithereen

Would be great if you know what batch #'s are the rev 2.0
 
Do they randomly shipped from TN or CA warehouses, or usually nearest one to your state? Would be looking to ship to Texas..
 
Damnit, I like the Gigabyte deal..

But if I cant guaranteed a rev 2.0, I will most likely go for the Asus P6X58D-E :(
 
Hey Slithereen

Would be great if you know what batch #'s are the rev 2.0

Is that the month on the box? I am at work right now, but I know the box said 201004 which I am assuming is the batch. Correct me if I am wrong and I can report back with the batch number.
 
Is that the month on the box? I am at work right now, but I know the box said 201004 which I am assuming is the batch. Correct me if I am wrong and I can report back with the batch number.

Yeah I saw that

I'm not too sure what to look for either - perhaps someone on the forum can shed some light
 
Once the v2.0 boards are consistently shipping from the egg, I might look into getting one.
 
My batch number (the serial number sticker is on the side of the 24pin power connector slot) is 1019, so that actually puts it as being manufactured in May. The sticker with the serial number is also on the side of the box

I will be giving my system a full test run this weekend and will report back. Please let me know if there is anything you would like for me to test, I will read through the thread to see if I can help address any issues.
 
Once the v2.0 boards are consistently shipping from the egg, I might look into getting one.

Yeah same here

Hopefully is it soon though.

Is there anyway newegg can check their warehouses ? I have about 3-4 weeks left to buy
 
That deal is nice!

I`m 1 month late, just built 2 systems with that exact combo.
 
The deal for the mobo + RAM is nice. Had I known it existed, I would have saved more money.

Here's a tip.

I ordered an i7 930 + X58A-UD3R that gave me a $25 discount for the combo on Newegg. The combo for the GSkill RAM + X58A-UD3R gave a $80 discount. I talked to a chat representative about that, and asked for a refund for the difference since I had just got my parts delivered a few days before. They weren't able to refund the full diference ($55), but they did give me $25, which is better than nothing!

I simply started my chat with, "I was told that you guys have a price difference matching policy." and continued with the combo links. The CS rep told me they don't do it, but that she would still offer me $25. How nice, and will always be worth a try in the future.
 
Back
Top