Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

kuso77

n00b
Thanks a lot for making this thread.
I just got an X570 Aorus Master. Booted up perfect first time, and I updated to latest bios almost immediately. Used it a few days, then turned it on one day and nothing. Noticed the mobo wasn't lit up, so I first though the PSU went out on me. Did the 4 + 5pin test and the fan came on, so I figured that should at least make the mobo light come on. Rechecked/seated mobo wiring. Everything seemed good, but still no light.

I wish I'd googled sooner to find this thread. I stared at the CMOS a couple times, but seeing as the mobo had only been used for a few days I never thought of resetting it.

Anyway, assuming there's nothing wrong with my PSU, thought I'd just throw it out there that this issue still appears to be unaddressed by the latest BIOS (updated it using the Gigabyte update utility on 6/4/2021).

Thanks again guys for all the info. If I run into this issue with the replacement mobo, I'll definitely give the CMOS reset a try.

EeK9X

n00b
I’am on F33j and ERP is enabled since november 2020 after my latest issue. No problems at the moment🤓

Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind sharing what you have configured for Power Supply Idle Control ("Typical Current Idle"; "Low Current Idle"; or "Auto (Default)") and Power Loading ("Enabled"; "Disabled"; or "Auto (Default)")?

Also, for whatever reason, since changing some of those settings (and even after reverting the changes), the BIOS interface has become quite laggy and unresponsive. It always used to be slow with mouse control, but now, even keyboard navigation isn't as snappy as before. Not sure what happened.

seny

n00b
Hi, first thank all for the solution, my computer build is recent X570 Aorus Master with 5800x (1 week). I had no issue (I just found weird that my computer clock was always wrong when I boot my computer)

And I had the same issue tonight, (The leds of motherboard are on in standby but everything shutdown when trying to power up).
I switched for a new PSU first as I had a new one still in box but of course no success, the computer still not power up with the new one.
So I found this post about removing the battery of the motherboard (I also did a clear CMOS) put back the battery and miracle ... the computer power up.

I will probably replace the battery for a new one soon, I also updated the motherboard bios with Bios utility software 2 or 3 days ago with the F30 version (almost sure it was this one) and now the version is F32 installed but if I try to update again the F30 is proposed. So I am not sure Bios update solve this issue, or maybe it can happen once and after the battery fix it will not happened again with the clear CMOS did.

Psylor

n00b
Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind sharing what you have configured for Power Supply Idle Control ("Typical Current Idle"; "Low Current Idle"; or "Auto (Default)") and Power Loading ("Enabled"; "Disabled"; or "Auto (Default)")?

Also, for whatever reason, since changing some of those settings (and even after reverting the changes), the BIOS interface has become quite laggy and unresponsive. It always used to be slow with mouse control, but now, even keyboard navigation isn't as snappy as before. Not sure what happened.

Hello,

some of us played with these options, also with switching to single BIOS mode, changing the PCI-E mode, deactivating the windows energy saving- and hybrid sleep mode, etc. None of these options saved me from the "no power bug".

I am now on F33a since 140 days with zero issues. I have everything on default/auto except ErP is enabled. The last "no power bug" occurred to me with F30, which worked for 106 days.

I would recommend upgrading to F33.

Joba

n00b
Hello, do you know if these issues can happen on other gigabyte motherboards, X570 and B550 included ?

Joba

n00b
Hello again, I contacted the eSupport in case they had informations to share and here is what they told me :

" We never could duplicate such issue during our tests.

One reason for this condition of the systems can be a bad switch in a multiple socket strip. These switches tend to contact bounce after some time of use, which leads to spikes on the mains voltage when the mains voltage is switched on. This may cause the protective circuits of the power supply to be triggered. In most cases, the systems will restart after the power supply has been switched off for some time, or after a mainboard reset was done. "

So, again, they do not acknowledge an issue linked to this M/B.