Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

A "Thousand Thanx" ColdSteel....I finished my work day. Uncovered my pride and joy...hit the power button...and {nothing}.....after crying for awhile, and searching "X570 Auros Master wont boot" - this was the first thread that came up. 30min later, was back up and running after removing the 2080ti and resetting the CMOS battery. You are a GOD among us Mortals! Thank you!

USAF46270

n00b
A "Thousand Thanx" ColdSteel....I finished my work day. Uncovered my pride and joy...hit the power button...and {nothing}.....after crying for awhile, and searching "X570 Auros Master wont boot" - this was the first thread that came up. 30min later, was back up and running after removing the 2080ti and resetting the CMOS battery. You are a GOD among us Mortals! Thank you!
Glad our thread helped! What BIOS revision are you on?

luckyguy40

n00b
After almost a year it has happened again to me. Third time ever, b550-aorus pro+3900x, bios f10a, same pattern: gaming few hours on win10 which is very uncommon for me, comeback to linux and dead next morning. (battery off 15min and okay again)

There are newer bios available, thinking if I should update or just enjoy peace for another year :>

Mizzer

Weaksauce
After almost a year it has happened again to me. Third time ever, b550-aorus pro+3900x, bios f10a, same pattern: gaming few hours on win10 which is very uncommon for me, comeback to linux and dead next morning. (battery off 15min and okay again)

There are newer bios available, thinking if I should update or just enjoy peace for another year :>
On my x570 Master I jumped from F11 to F33 (I think). I never encountered the power issue. I’d say try the latest non-beta bios.

Bobrolak

n00b
Anyone here knows which BIOS is needed for SAM support on 3000 CPU ? If it exists at all that is!
Thanks for the news about SAM for 3000, I somehow missed it.
Master on F32 Bios here and 3900x - I can see it under: Settings -> IO Ports -> Re-Size BAR support
Sidenote: it requires PCIE 4.0 graphics card, so only newest AMD/Nvidia gen

Lotus8720

n00b
Hello all,

First I would like to say thanks for all the above information. I woke this morning and my system appears to have some of the same issues above. I left my system on all night (I would normally power down) and when I came into my office to start work, I noticed my RGB lights on, but my screen saver not working. I pressed the spacebar to wake my computer up and nothing. I did a hard power reset and I could hear my power supply click. I have another power supply that I tried with the same results. I started unplugging cards to troubleshoot. The only way I could get my system to boot was to leave one of the 8pin CPU power connections on the motherboard unplugged. My CMOS battery is hidden and I would have to drain my loop and take my system most of the away apart to access it. I've opened a case with Gigabyte, but I'm sure it will be a dead end. Can some one please point me in right direction to fixing this issue? Again I have my system up and running now with only one 8pin power connection. My system has been running fine for the past 11 months with no issues until today.

System Specs
Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME Rev 1.0
Threadripper 3960x
Bios F4p
128GB Memory
RTX 5000 GPU
EVGA 1300 G2 PS (using my Corsair AX1500i now)
Windows 10 64Bit
Running since 5/20 just fine

Thanks

Thanks and sorry Cold_Steel!

Last edited:

cold_steel

Gawd
Hello all,

First I would like to say thanks for all the above information. I woke this morning and my system appears to have some of the same issues above. I left my system on all night (I would normally power down) and when I came into my office to start work, I noticed my RGB lights on, but my screen saver not working. I pressed the spacebar to wake my computer up and nothing. I did a hard power reset and I could hear my power supply click. I have another power supply that I tried with the same results. I started unplugging cards to troubleshoot. The only way I could get my system to boot was to leave one of the 8pin CPU power connections on the motherboard unplugged. My CMOS battery is hidden and I would have to drain my loop and take my system most of the away apart to access it. I've opened a case with Gigabyte, but I'm sure it will be a dead end. Can some one please point me in right direction to fixing this issue? Again I have my system up and running now with only one 8pin power connection. My system has been running fine for the past 11 months with no issues until today.

System Specs
Threadripper 3960x
Bios F4p
128GB Memory
RTX 5000 GPU
Windows 10 64Bit

Thanks
This sounds like a bit of a different issue, and this is a different motherboard; definitely suggest starting a new thread for your issue to have more eyes on it rather than buried in this thread.

Mizzer

Weaksauce
Hello all,

System Specs
Threadripper 3960x
Bios F4p
128GB Memory
RTX 5000 GPU
Windows 10 64Bit

Thanks

Thanks and sorry Cold_Steel!
Can you get to a “reset bios” jumper? Those are typically on the edge of boards.

Lotus8720

n00b
Can you get to a “reset bios” jumper? Those are typically on the edge of boards.
Yes, I was going to do that after writing down all of my settings information. I tried again last night to plug both 8pin connectors to my motherboard and nothing. It still works with only one 8pin connection. It was been working fine for 11months and from nowhere this.

cold_steel

Gawd
Yes, I was going to do that after writing down all of my settings information. I tried again last night to plug both 8pin connectors to my motherboard and nothing. It still works with only one 8pin connection. It was been working fine for 11months and from nowhere this.
This absolutely sounds like a different problem than what this thread is addressing unfortunately (or, fortunately :))

Mizzer

Weaksauce
I feel for you, man. I had a system that would periodically freeze in games. Nothing but a hard reset would bring it back. Ran all kinds of diagnostics and stress tests. Everything checked out. Switched out PSU, RAM, GPU, hdds... nothing. So I parted it out and sold everything. Each part worked as expected for every buyer. Still a mystery to this day (happened about 10 years ago).

Good luck!

lopoetve

Fully [H]
I feel for you, man. I had a system that would periodically freeze in games. Nothing but a hard reset would bring it back. Ran all kinds of diagnostics and stress tests. Everything checked out. Switched out PSU, RAM, GPU, hdds... nothing. So I parted it out and sold everything. Each part worked as expected for every buyer. Still a mystery to this day (happened about 10 years ago).

Good luck!
Had that with TWO different polaris cards. Both worked fine for everyone else, did weird stuff for me. Replaced with a 5700xt, problem gone... o_O