Ghostbusters PC No Multiplayer

I just saw... its insane and we in europe get the pc game first in november thanks to sony.. :( they better not complain later that pc sold crap then.

I'm not ready to believe there is no multiplayer, yet. I can't possible believe there is none.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude as the PC version of this game is the one I was planning on getting :mad::mad::mad:

I hope this isn't true, but if it is I'm not getting the game on any platform. I've been looking forward to it for a while, but this shit pisses me off to no end. I won't support it in any way, shape, or forum.

They don't explicitly state that there won't be any multiplayer or downloadable content, so I will withhold judgment until we know for sure. Maybe they didn't bother mentioning it because it's pretty much assumed to have them?

If true, that alone will be like giving a big middle finger to the PC gaming community. The online authentication would just add fuel to the fire at that point.

Hmm. The CheatCC and Game Revolution reviews both mention multiplayer. However, both sites have the exact same review, word-for-word, across multiple platforms.

Here's to hoping that multiplayer just wasn't ready for PC for the (forced?) launch date and will come later in a patch.

That's just a clever observation on the part of the writer.

If you read the back of the Ghostbusters PC game box and nobody pointed out that MP was missing you'd probably still assume that it had multiplayer.

The difference is that labelling is more strictly enforced with the PS3/Xbox360. With PC packaging all you really have to provide is the minimum and recommended specifications. Just b/c multiplayer isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not there. I'm sure that IGN would have mentioned it in their review by now if it wasn't present.

That's just a clever observation on the part of the writer.

If you read the back of the Ghostbusters PC game box and nobody pointed out that MP was missing you'd probably still assume that it had multiplayer.

The difference is that labelling is more strictly enforced with the PS3/Xbox360. With PC packaging all you really have to provide is the minimum and recommended specifications. Just b/c multiplayer isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not there. I'm sure that IGN would have mentioned it in their review by now if it wasn't present.

There is no PC IGN review for ghostbusters.

I just canceled my pre-order for this. As a big Ghostbusters fan back in the day I was so looking forward to it too. It just isn't worth it if there isn't any multiplayer. PC gamers are getting the shaft far too often these days. Might rent a console version but I hate shooters on consoles so I definitely won't be buying it. Good job Atari! :rolleyes:

Indeed. The only two reviews that exist for the PC version are straight copy-paste jobs of console version reviews.

^^This has become standard now that we recieve console ported crap. Any one else remember when they dumb down PC games to port to console not the other way around?

^^This has become standard now that we recieve console ported crap. Any one else remember when they dumb down PC games to port to console not the other way around?

I can handle console ports. I can handle some games getting mildly dumbed down, as long as they're fun. This, however, isn't common. If this kind of crap was common I'd probably quit gaming all together.

I can handle console ports. I can handle some games getting mildly dumbed down, as long as they're fun. This, however, isn't common. If this kind of crap was common I'd probably quit gaming all together.

It is very common on IGN. Game Stop, Game Pro and several others. The only honest to god PC game reviews I trust are from this community and a couple of other.

As long as people keep supporting the consoles for anything but casual and party games, this is what we get.

WTF really no online no co-op nothing
Atari can suck a hairy cock for raping one of the few games i was looking at getting for PC this year

Hairy cocks aside, the PC version is much cheaper (1/2 the price of console versions), so it's not 100% terrible.

This game got shafted on the PC, guess we know what the game makers want to focus on.

I was actually about to get this game too.

Wow the PS3 version requires a 4 GB install? Or do most PS3 games require 4 or so GB's of space available?

Hairy cocks aside, the PC version is much cheaper (1/2 the price of console versions), so it's not 100% terrible.

i would of gladly payed 60 or 70 for it if it had story mode co-op
as it is for a game that has MAYBE 20 hours of game play its not even worth 30 now
maybe when its in the bargain bin at 10 bucks which is will be with no multiplayer i think about it
but ill just not buy it wink wink nudge nudge

as it is for a game that has MAYBE 20 hours of game play its not even worth 30 now
maybe when its in the bargain bin at 10 bucks which is will be with no multiplayer i think about it

You haven't even played it? and you're claiming you know how much its worth? Im sorry you have no credit to make any judgment if you haven't played it.

Fact remains, it makes no sense that pc version will have zero multi, dlc whatever.. no matter what the price is i dont get it..

You haven't even played it? and you're claiming you know how much its worth? Im sorry you have no credit to make any judgment if you haven't played it.

NO single player game thats not in the scope of Oblivion or Fallout is NOT worth more then a rent at best

Translation: I was going to pirate this game no matter what, but here are some excuses based on speculation that give me justification.

Translation: I was going to pirate this game no matter what, but here are some excuses based on speculation that give me justification.

Translation: i had a pre-order and now i dont MAYBE ill buy after i see if the single player is worth more then one play

oh and id rent it oh wait you cant rent PC games >.> for 5 or 10 bucks on steam sure id buy a game with no multiplayer that was short but not for 30

Even if the PC has MP its not like it will be the next Counter Strike or something. As long as the game isn't buggy as hell and runs decent I'll be picking it up for the single player aspect alone. I have been Ghostbusters fan since childhood so this game is pretty close to a must have for me.

Even if the PC has MP its not like it will be the next Counter Strike or something. As long as the game isn't buggy as hell and runs decent I'll be picking it up for the single player aspect alone. I have been Ghostbusters fan since childhood so this game is pretty close to a must have for me.

yea but there is a lack of coop games for the pc right now. my buddy just got a new rig and is trying to find some fun games that we can coop. this potential could be one of them.

yea but there is a lack of coop games for the pc right now. my buddy just got a new rig and is trying to find some fun games that we can coop. this potential could be one of them.
If you were expecting this to be the next L4D you were gravely mistaken.

I have seen the multiplayer for this game and it's ass, be glad they saved us the drive space for that crap. it's basically a few sections taken from the story maps as side co-ops, and a few shitty mp minigames. there's a cheapass ghost wave survival mode poorly emulating the latest zombie trend, some sort of timed keepaway game, another destruction mode where you shoot up some of the sp maps to show off the physics, etc. trust me you don't want it.

traditional co-op wouldn't work with the story anyways, that's why the consoles don't have it either. you're supposed to be a ghostbuster "trainee", where the other 4 guys are showing you the ropes throughout the game, and making up excuses to split up the team or leave your ass alone to get scared shitless, it would be a totally different story if they had to work real co-op into it. maybe for the sequel, since I'm sure the engine is capable of this.

Translation: i had a pre-order and now i dont MAYBE ill buy after i see if the single player is worth more then one play

oh and id rent it oh wait you cant rent PC games >.> for 5 or 10 bucks on steam sure id buy a game with no multiplayer that was short but not for 30

Sorry, but the other guys translation sounds more accurate. No one in their right mind would call a 20 hour game short. Not every game is an RPG or needs that many hours of game time. 99.9% of games simply can't stay interesting that long. I've actually drifted away from Fallout 3 after about 70-80 hours. It simply doesn't hold my interest as well as other PC RPGs. Despite how short it is, I find Mass Effect the far superior game.

So I just got back from reserving my copy at Gamestop, and it was $29.99.

Doesn't sound like a "whole" game to me.

So I just got back from reserving my copy at Gamestop, and it was $29.99.

Doesn't sound like a "whole" game to me.

Have to agree. The price is nice, but yeah. I'm really hopping one of the emails I sent out to Atari and Threewave gets a response.

You guys planning to do a performance eval on the game? Looks like it'll be a nice test for those new i7 test rigs.

NO single player game thats not in the scope of Oblivion or Fallout is NOT worth more then a rent at best

Quantity is how we base games these days? Id rather have a good quality game over a game with alot of content that is pointless.

hmm no multi player means it will loose a huge chunk of its re-playability that sucks, but ill prolly still buy it to curb the itch to get back into wow

I am just wondering why they did this? It wouldn't be THAT hard to program multiplayer for the game and I thought multiplayer was a defacto standard for these types of games???? Guess I'm not with the times?? :confused:

Back