Getting no bigadv WUs

my SR2 has been crunching smp2 standard units for about 24 hours since finishing its last bigadv wu.
 
My 970 got a string of 4 or 5 of them yesterday. It finally grabbed a 2686 late last night.
 
Yeah I've had a few concurrent cycles of bigadv -> a couple regular a3's -> bigadv. Seems like it happens every time. Worst of all right now my luck of the draw gave me dueling 2684's of all things. :eek:
 
The past couple days I either go right from bigadv to bigadv or have one standard SMP in between. The 980X is crunching a P6055 right now after finishing a P2684. I don't know if it's luck of the draw or what.

edit: AFter the P6055 finished I got another P2684.
 
Last edited:
Getting inundated with 2684's...was already crunching one, now my other i7 finished a regular a3 and grabbed a 2684 as well. Par for the course, that's all I've had happen lately. 2684 -> regular a3 (sometimes a couple) -> 2684. :eek: Ah well the sooner we crunch 'em all, the quicker we get done with 'em. :)
 
well my SR2 did finally get a 2686, and it was awesome.

At least it picked up another bigadv.

But it's a 2684
 
In the last 24 hours, I have received a 2685, two 2684s, and I have a quad I7 that is on its fifth straight regular SMP unit...karma I guess...
 
Having had a quick look around some of the other forums it looks to be a shortage, perhaps Tobit or nitro could give PG a nudge about them
 
Having had a quick look around some of the other forums it looks to be a shortage, perhaps Tobit or nitro could give PG a nudge about them
no nudge necessary.

All our i7 and thuban boxes have used up all the bigadv WUs :rolleyes:
 
Have you tried asking Santa? You can get nothing but back to back sweet 2686 units if you ask*.

I don't know what all the complaining is about. ;)

But looking at the PPD on units, in that 2686 > 2685 > 2684, it sort of implies that we all might get some even better "2687" units in the future. From what I see just finishing 2684 and retiring it would solve half the problems. I wonder how long we will be nervously checking what units come in.

* Sample size of 2 units. No warranties expressed or implied.
 
I lucked out and got a P2686 on the Gulftown yesterday. The SR-2 just finished a P2684 and is running a standard WU. Maybe Santa will be good to me.
 
I still can't believe that the Christmas shopping season is just around the corner, as it is making me cringe............
 
After two standard WUs, just got a P2692. Thank you Santa!
 
Yeah... got a bigadv P2686.

Will it finish? probably not, but I am gonna try anyways. Then I will have closure /pukes ;)
 
For the last 24 hours, I have picked up small units, 6066, 6056, 6063, 6053, 6041, 6055, 6056, 6025, and so on. I hope this does not last long.

Well, at least just after posting this, I picked up a 2686. Glad my luck in improving.
 
After two standard WUs, just got a P2692. Thank you Santa!

lol, I share my Santa trick, you guys start getting the gold, and next up I get three standards in a row. Now a 6702.

I took a hit for the team... and FU Santa, we are through! :p
 
Last edited:
The I7 920 I am running is on its 9th standard unit with the bigadv flag set...
 
3 x 2684s plus a I7 920 @ 3.9 that refuses to get a bigadv. I must have pissed someone off....
 
Both folding1 and folding2 are crunching 2684's at the moment :(

However, at least they both have bigadv's to work on as the 2684's at least still yield a little more in the way of points than the standard work units.
 
^^^ that's how I look at it. Could be worse, at least they're bigadv. They're the "rides the short slow bus" child of the bigadv family, but it's still bigadv. :D
 
However, at least they both have bigadv's to work on as the 2684's at least still yield a little more in the way of points than the standard work units.
Yeah, especially compared to the 67s...
 
Yeah, especially compared to the 67s...

Now that you mention it, I havn't seen any 6701's in a very long time now. Both systems are averaging about 2 regular SMP work units for every bigadv right now, so i've had plenty of chances. I've been getting a lot of those really small regular work units that have a TPF of like 2 minutes on folding2.
 
Back
Top