Geforce 7800 GTX in stock!

CleanSlate said:
A Toyota will own your lame trucks any day of the week, loud engines or not. Obviously, loud doesn't mean good. Noobs. :p

~Adam

I could care less about Trucks you buy today at the dealership. I'm talking about cars that can't meet smog standards. Screw this new crap. lmao

:D

WTF This is not a discussion on some whos retarded car is louder, its about video cards....

*ahem*

I just bought 2 6800U's for SLI, I can still return them as I have not opened them yet

What would you guys recommend I do :confused:

My psu can handle anything, a 650 watt PC P&C

J-M-E said:
WTF This is not a discussion on some whos retarded car is louder, its about video cards....

*ahem*

I just bought 2 6800U's for SLI, I can still return them as I have not opened them yet

This is an AMD vs Intel vs Ford vs Chevy vs Honda thread.

Get your facts straight.

:D

J-M-E said:

*ahem*

well if a single gtx can beat 2 ultras in sli(can it?) then go for it and return them. Even if the 2 ultras beat the gtx I'd still go for the gtx because drivers aren't mature yet for the 7x00 series and you will get better performance as it progresses. You'd have new technology and be saving money, I'd go for it.

thats the thing one gtx can not beat 2 ultras.. if 2 ultras get about ( avarage) 10,000 3d marks and this GTX gets at max 7800... then no.. but sli GTxs then you got a nice system.. but the 7800Ultra is said to get 9000 3dmarks... and you never know.. new drivers optimized for the 7 series might bring these marks higher.. but for now a 6800U sli setup is a very nice investment.. seeing how its getting cheaper by the day...

Warrior said:
thats the thing one gtx can not beat 2 ultras.. if 2 ultras get about ( avarage) 10,000 3d marks and this GTX gets at max 7800... then no.. but sli GTxs then you got a nice system.. but the 7800Ultra is said to get 9000 3dmarks... and you never know.. new drivers optimized for the 7 series might bring these marks higher.. but for now a 6800U sli setup is a very nice investment.. seeing how its getting cheaper by the day...

3dmark results don't equate to game performance and how a single card will compare to SLI cards in a game

and if you need sources for this info.. bring it on !! i dont make up BS

Brent_Justice said:
3dmark results don't equate to game performance and how a single card will compare to SLI cards in a game
it gives a pretty damn good equality to game performance.. and hell games arnt even the quality of 3dmark yet..... ( dont give me that doom 3 shit).. but until i get some Unreal 3 figures then.. ill shut up..

Brent_Justice said:

He says once again for those who can't take a hint.....

On average the 2 ultras get about 11,000-12,000 from what I hear. And how can the Ultra x be THAT much of an improvement over the GT X? I was thinking maybe like a few fps, not 3000 points. .Like the difference between a 6800 GT and a 6800 Ultra.

If the 7800 GTX's drop to $550 id run 2 in SLi, do you think they will drop?

trinibwoy said:
Well bring it on then!!

"NVIDIA HAS itself in a performance cliché as we learned that the future G70, Geforce 7800GTX scores exactly 7800 in 3Dmark05 score. When you pair two cards you will get as much as 13000 in the same test"

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24021 ( i recomend reading the whole article.. very interesting

"When you overclock the G70, Geforce 7800 from its stock 430/1200MHz to a 500MHz core and 1300MHz memory you can get as much as 9000. This might give you an idea about the possible speeds of Geforce 7800 Ultra card. "

same article.... ill seldomly agree with what was said.. .. the other half of me tells me that the ultra will be a 32pipe card... comparable to the R520... you make the desision

What about 7800 GTX SLi vs single 7800 Ultra X ;)

If the ultra X is really going to hit scores of up to around 12000 or 13000 i see no reason why I should run 6800 Ultra SLi...

I guess ill return them, when is the ultra coming out?

Warrior said:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24021 ( i recomend reading the whole article.. very interesting
desision

:D I read the Inq every day. The Inquirer isn't a source - it's a form of entertainment. These guys pull stuff from random postings on forums and publish it as "news". Although they're close sometimes, they definitely do not hold enough sway to be used to support any assertions here. If they are your best source then I wouldn't be making too many strong claims about anything.

Like I said - they got all that from the xtremesystems thread they posted at the bottom of the article. Not saying it's inaccurate but their info is as reliable as some random guy posting on a forum....

J-M-E said:
I guess ill return them, when is the ultra coming out?

I see we've moved up from creating imaginary parts to asking about release dates for them.... :rolleyes:

they aren't naming the high card the "ultra" gtx is equivilant to the ultra, it goes vanilla 7800, 7800gt, 7800gtx I believe.

trinibwoy said:
:D I read the Inq every day. The Inquirer isn't a source - it's a form of entertainment. These guys pull stuff from random postings on forums and publish it as "news". Although they're close sometimes, they definitely do not hold enough sway to be used to support any assertions here. If they are your best source then I wouldn't be making too many strong claims about anything.

Like I said - they got all that from the xtremesystems thread they posted at the bottom of the article. Not saying it's inaccurate but their info is as reliable as some random guy posting on a forum....
im going to slightly agree with you.. but on this subject they seem very serious cause its a serious topic.. and they havnt been wrong about the G70 as far as i know at all... ive read more about the g70.. but this is as close to info of the Ultra as possible that is out... and it also gives info about the great overclocking abilitys of the GTX.. it got a near 20% increase after Ocing..

darkhorse said:
they aren't naming the high card the "ultra" gtx is equivilant to the ultra, it goes vanilla 7800, 7800gt, 7800gtx I believe.
do you have a source?.. cause as long has Nvidia been out there always is a ultra... please state your source for that kind of info...

Warrior said:
im going to slightly agree with you.. but on this subject they seem very serious cause its a serious topic.. and they havnt been wrong about the G70 as far as i know at all... ive read more about the g70.. but this is as close to info of the Ultra as possible that is out... and it also gives info about the great overclocking abilitys of the GTX.. it got a near 20% increase after Ocing..

I don't think the Inq takes anything seriously. And there have been hints from people under NDA that the 70Mhz overclock was "low". To quote DaveB - "They got screwed on the overclock." http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=550984

And as to a source for the GTX - we have several websites with it up for sale already and it's a good bet that it will be the "Ultra" until ATi plays its hand. Also, if we were to go with your reliable source - http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23497 :p

Warrior said:
do you have a source?.. cause as long has Nvidia been out there always is a ultra... please state your source for that kind of info...

There was no Ti4600 Ultra from my memory.

Ever since the 3Dmark 05 scores came out people have been making and inventing new models left and right for the 7800 cards.

Brent_Justice said:
i'm speaking from experience ;) ;)
If anyone would know what he's talking about it's Brent... after all he is presumably reviewing the 7800 as we speak. Notice his title: HardOCP Video Card Editor...
solofly said:
Aren't we all. ;)
Or maybe you know more than someone who has the hardware first hand and is under NDA?
Ha.

Yeah, I'm sure Brent has one. I can't see to see the review.

That way all this mad speculating can end.

Skrying said:
There was no Ti4600 Ultra from my memory.

Ever since the 3Dmark 05 scores came out people have been making and inventing new models left and right for the 7800 cards.

FX series started it. Was to combat ATI's XT name. I remember when the pro was a high end name. Now its mid.

GT v pro
GTX v XT
Ultra v PE

Nvidia had to use Ultra for each XT and PE before. Makes sence to me.

Zinn said:
IOr maybe you know more than someone who has the hardware first hand and is under NDA?Ha.

I think I'm older than Brent (born in 60s) and soon enough I will know everything about 7800 when I purchase one. I don't read reviews and I speak from my own experience, always.

According to BFG the GTX is rated for a 650mhz memory speed stock. So 430/1300
>> BFG GeForce™ 7800 GTX OC™ 256MB

>> PCI Express™
>> Memory 256MB GDDR3
>> Core Clock 460MHz (vs. 430MHz standard)
>> Memory Clock 1300MHz
>> RAMDAC Dual 400MHz
>> Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and lower, OpenGL 2.0 and lower for Microsoft® Windows®
>> Connectors: Dual DVI-I, HDTV, VIVO
>> 920 million vertices/sec.
>> 41.6GB/second memory bandwidth

http://www.bfgtech.com/7800GTX_256_PCIX.html

Heres the 6 for comparison

>> BFG GeForce™ 6800 Ultra OC™

>> PCI Express™
>> Memory 256MB GDDR3
>> Core Clock 425MHz (vs. 400MHz standard)
>> Memory Clock 1100MHz
>> RAMDAC Dual 400MHz
>> Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and lower, OpenGL 1.5 and lower for Microsoft® Windows®
>> Connectors Dual DVI-I, S-Video
>> 638 million vertices/sec.
>> 35.2GB/second memory bandwidth

Where in the heck did you find that link? Nice find.

That's the first I've seen of any 7800GTX having 1.3GHz memory.

trinibwoy said:
That's their OC. The standard GTX is 600/1200Mhz -30.7GB/s.

hey, BFG has NEVER overclocked memory on a graphics card, if they do so they put it in quotes saying what the standard is. Since the cards we have all been seeing are reference and not finalized, yet BFG does market finalized cards, i think i'll believe BFG.

FanATIc said:
hey, BFG has NEVER overclocked memory on a graphics card, if they do so they put it in quotes saying what the standard is. Since the cards we have all been seeing are reference and not finalized, yet BFG does market finalized cards, i think i'll believe BFG.

Well eVGA is just as reliable (even more so) and their spec sheet says 1200Mhz - http://www.mwave.com/mwave/specHR/pdf/AA35630.pdf I don't know why you take BFG's very limited history as some indication of what they will do in the future.

FanATIc said:

QFT. If they did OC it, it would likely be 50MHz, not 100MHz.

FanATIc said:
FX series started it. Was to combat ATI's XT name. I remember when the pro was a high end name.
Now you're being disrespectful of the venerable TNT2 line. :)

If you look at just "million vertices/sec." & "GB/second memory bandwidth", thats not a very impressive jump from current generation to next generation. I'm sure the numbers FPS wise and gameplay wise will probably looks a lot more impressive though.

Back