Geforce 7800 GTX in stock!

I am impressed that Nvidia is deliver a product on release day. Also I am shocked to see a gamer video card that passed the $499 barrier. I will wait to see what ATI has in store before I jump head first :p

I bet this is not the first time u have seen a card past 499? I have seen some for 800+ hehe USD too

I just ordered two, now to see if my 480w PSU can handle these and a 570J :eek:

Is mwave.com not breaking the NDA? Wouldn't this possibly open them up to lawsuits from NVidia especially if they are charging alot more then the MSRP? ie. Price Gauging? I was just curious about that is all. Thanks!

Dillusion said:
I just ordered two, now to see if my 480w PSU can handle these and a 570J :eek:

I dont believe U! If u can afford 1300$$ worth of videocard alone, how come u dont have the top of the line PSU, or an fx-55? lol....

or maybe ur just being sarcastic :confused:

^eMpTy^ said:
The card has drivers. Otherwise they couldn't announce it. For instance...do you think all the hardware sites that have the cards right now are waiting on official drivers to test it?

The 6x series didnt have official drivers for several months after it came out. Once they did. performance was much better.

Why would someone order one of these (if they even ship it), when there are no reviews? And a rumored Ultra version? At least wait till next week.

sac_tagg said:
DANG! $650 for the GTX, I guess we are looking at $550 for the GT and $450 for the vanilla. Maybe I'll rethink my upgrade plan, I was allocating $400 flat for the GT... :eek:

On second thought though, how can this be true? Technically they don't launch until June 21, 4 days away. Are these like engineer samples, or are they simply cheating and selling before the release date?

Post benchies ASAP!

Guys the card isn't even supposed to be launched yet, the price will go down

fallguy said:
The 6x series didnt have official drivers for several months after it came out. Once they did. performance was much better.

Why would someone order one of these (if they even ship it), when there are no reviews? And a rumored Ultra version? At least wait till next week.

The drivers will almost certainly improve...that much is right...but to say that the card doesn't have drivers at all and there's no point buying one till you can get drivers...that just doesn't make any sense to me...they can't sell you a videocard without drivers...

fallguy said:
You don't seem to know much about some residents of the [H]. Gotta have the newest toys first.

slowbiz said:
You don't seem to know much about some residents of the [H]. Gotta have the newest toys first.

Not to mention you should easily be able to e-bay it and get most of your money back anyways if the Ultra comes out...

hm...im building at the end of this month or even beginning of july, getting this will probably be the same jump from going from my old GeForce2 MX400 to a Radeon 9600XT

Thats so hot i cant belive its out already. Im buying 2 of these if the performance shows its good enough if not im waiting to see wha Ati has to offer.

Arklight said:
Is this card from Mwave supposed to be the Ultra or one of the "lesser" versions?
I would assume the GTX is the flagship model, for now at least. However, I don't think it's been stated anywhere what other models, if any, will be available upon launch.

OMG...just in time I am ordering a newsystem here on the 23rd. Was going to get the X850XT but if this is out then I will buy this. Do you think the PSU in the Shuttle SN25P will handle this?
Shuttle SN25P
A64 4000+ San Diego
2 GIG Geil RAM
74 gig Raptor
X850XT or 7800 GTX
Sony DVD Burner

underwhelming, tbh. I'm not gonna start pissing myself just because "the next gen" has been released.

kick@ss said:
I would assume the GTX is the flagship model, for now at least. However, I don't think it's been stated anywhere what other models, if any, will be available upon launch.

The GTX is the Single slot replacement for the GT. It is very powerful however it should MSRP for $549 in 3 days or so IMHO

jacuzz1 said:
The GTX is the Single slot replacement for the GT. It is very powerful however it should MSRP for $549 in 3 days or so IMHO

I really hope its less the 550, i mean the 7800 gtx uses the same memory as the 6800 ultra and those dont cost 500 bucks any more. Theres no justification to pay more for this generation when its using the same memory that last years card used.

mrhemmy said:
Guys the card isn't even supposed to be launched yet, the price will go down

But that's how that economy works baby ;) You put something with a lot of hype into the market early and there is BOUND to be demand for it even though the price could be much higher than usual...but money is money and if there is demand for a company's product, why wouldn't they take advantage for the higher profit? :p

slowbiz said:

Considering Ive been here several more years than you.. I think I do.

I just dont think its wise to buy a $650 video card, with no knowledge of how it performs. Look what happened with the 5800U, and the people who pre-ordered them, without any reviews. While I do not think this would be the same case, just something to think about.

I understand wanting to be first. But the fact thats at this price, its almost twice as expensive as a 6800GT, makes me hesitant. You could get 2x6800GT's for close to the $650 price, and what if they trample the single GTX card? Just too many unknowns right now for me to even consider buying one. Waiting a few more days to me, would be a very wise move.

Thats counting if mwave even has the cards, and would even ship them. Perhaps they are selling them, but not shipping till Monday, so they wouldnt get to the customer till after the NDA's are up? If they do really have these cards, that is very, very good news, and really unexpected to most people.

illgiveumorality said:
Where did mwave.com come from :confused:
i was buying stuff from mwave before I found newegg years ago. If newegg doesn't have it, I often went right to mwave and found it. Mwave has been around for years

im just waittin for it to be release so the prices of current videocards will go down....have my eye on the x850xtpe for a while ahaha

fallguy said:
Thats counting if mwave even has the cards, and would even ship them. Perhaps they are selling them, but not shipping till Monday, so they wouldnt get to the customer till after the NDA's are up? If they do really have these cards, that is very, very good news, and really unexpected to most people.

I've a nasty hunch that you're right about the ship date. Make all the profit off the excitement of advance access to the newest thing, and ship after it's legal to do so. That one guy who can pick it up might be the only one who gets it early :rolleyes:

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG said:
unfortunately for us... yes between 2000 and 4000 more marks in stock on 3Dmark 05

Wow, that would be great if 3dmark 05 was a game...

Xcellere said:
I just spoke to Mwave, and they said it's NOT in stock.
Saved me a phone call and trip to Industry today! Not to mention the 700 large.

R1ckCa1n said:
Saved me a phone call and trip to Industry today! Not to mention the 700 large.

I called also, He sounds like hes certain he's going to have some in.. (maybe like he has them but found out they cant sell em till Monday)... :confused:

^eMpTy^ said:
Not to mention you should easily be able to e-bay it and get most of your money back anyways if the Ultra comes out...
I don't know... video games are not worth this kind of money.

fallguy said:
Considering Ive been here several more years than you.. I think I do.

I just dont think its wise to buy a $650 video card, with no knowledge of how it performs. Look what happened with the 5800U, and the people who pre-ordered them, without any reviews. While I do not think this would be the same case, just something to think about.

I understand wanting to be first. But the fact thats at this price, its almost twice as expensive as a 6800GT, makes me hesitant. You could get 2x6800GT's for close to the $650 price, and what if they trample the single GTX card? Just too many unknowns right now for me to even consider buying one. Waiting a few more days to me, would be a very wise move.

Still this is violating the NDA, and they are even falsely advertising them as "in stock" hoping buyers won't mind the three day delay. If it was legal every other Etailer would also be taking pre orders. I would wait for a reputable seller like Newegg to have them before buying, and more importantly, wait for benches to justify that $649 admission fee.

Skrying said:
I see these orders not being full filled for some strange reason.

For some reason I'm still holding strong with my prediction. Hey, I'll even bet no one has one by the end of June!

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG said:
unfortunately for us... yes between 2000 and 4000 more marks in stock on 3Dmark 05

Its not even really that much. A site out there has benches, they are floating around XS. Not 100%, but I think it was legion hardware. The card scored about 7500 single and 13k in SLI, and that is overclocked. These at stock are seeming to be about 2k points above a 6800U at stock. Unfortunitly, 3DM05 means nothing, and they dont have any other benches.

Mr Mean said:
I am impressed that Nvidia is deliver a product on release day. Also I am shocked to see a gamer video card that passed the $499 barrier. I will wait to see what ATI has in store before I jump head first :p

Umm. Then you haven't really looked at all. Many x850 xt pe's are 600+... 6800 U 512 was $1000 and a x850 xt pe was $1000... all these are egg prices.

The 7800 GTX Is the flagship model for now. It is not the GT replacement.

Back