Geforce 7800 GTX in stock!

ray4389 said:
unless its a good 400 watts im not sure....
Shuttle PSUs are very high quality... but with that sort of power draw expect it to get very hot!

Skrying said:
For some reason I'm still holding strong with my prediction. Hey, I'll even bet no one has one by the end of June!

I'll take you up on that bet of
" I'll even bet no one has one by the end of June "
If nobody has them by end of June I'll buy you one, if they do you buy me one.

C'mon lets bet.....I'm game !

:)

Auswak said:
I'll take you up on that bet of
" I'll even bet no one has one by the end of June "
If nobody has them by end of June I'll buy you one, if they do you buy me one.

C'mon lets bet.....I'm game !

:)

Lol, I'll bet you a few pennies, beyond that I have to pay bills before I even get thinking about buying new hardware.

Skrying said:
Lol, I'll bet you a few pennies, beyond that I have to pay bills before I even get thinking about buying new hardware.

Both of you send me your pennies bet through Paypal, and then when Skyring loses I'll send the winning bet to Auswak.. :D :D :D

USMC2Hard4U said:
Probably not, concedering all these new cards only seem to really work good at crazy high resolutions :cool:

I think my ass could process D2 just fine

I'd pay to see that

Edit: On second thought, I'd pay NOT to see that.

Skrying said:
I doubt it'll be short enough to even fit inside a Shuttle case.
Yeah size, heat, and wattage is very concerning. I prob will just stick with the X850Xt since I am 100% sure it will fit plus the heat gets exhausted out of the case via the 2 slot cooler that is on the X850XT. The 7800 Prob wont be worth the extra 200.

The shuttle's power suppy should be ok I think.

AMD 4000+: 89W
74GB Raptor: 20-30W (Overestimate)
Memory: Not enough to matter :p
DVD Burner: Up to 20W
Geforce 7800: Let's just say 150W to be safe since it uses 2 connectors (2 x 75)

Total of 289W, and that's saying everything is on full load. So I think as long as you can fit the thing in there, it will run but I think you may also want to call Shuttle, they usually do these kind of stress tests. Also, remember that at Computex, they did run 2 x 6800GT's on the SN26P which has the same power supply as the SN25P :)

*Edit: Actually it will be long enough if you compare the dimensions. The SN25P is 320mm long and the card.. at least the eVGA is 228mm.

Ald

Archaea said:
WHO THE HECK HAS 650 bucks to spend on a vid card...the entire xbox360 will be half that price.

CoolerMaster Stacker $170
Tyan K8WE $470
2xOpteron 246 (2.0GHz) Processors $600
2x512MB Corsair ECC Registered DDR400 (PC3200) $140
2x256MB PCI-Express eVGA 6800GT's $800
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS $100
Enermax 600Watt 4 in 1 PSU (SLi certified) $180
2x74GB WD740 Raptor 10krpm SATA 150 HDD's $300
Plextor 716SA 16x SATA DVD-R/DVD-RW$130

Total=$2890ish (Rough estimate of parts)

It will bring me joy and serve me in a number of capacities that the XBox 360 can't.

GVX said:
Yeah, I remember now, your that guy who always has the awsome hardware. Wasn't it you who had that PCI Express X800pro? I never even knew that such a card existed before I saw it in your sig, lol.

lol ya i buy allot of weird shit out of impatience. Its my hobby, i like to tinker :p

kick@ss said:
Why would you bottleneck two 7800s with a Pentium 4?

Pentium 4's are just as much of a bottleneck as ANY A64- they are just as good as A64's. Each has their own strength and weakness, so dont act like A64's are the godlike chips that pwn the world and intel is just an OEM provider to people who use AOL 24/7.

Dillusion said:
Pentium 4's are just as much of a bottleneck as ANY A64- they are just as good as A64's. Each has their own strength and weakness, so dont act like A64's are the godlike chips that pwn the world and intel is just an OEM provider to people who use AOL 24/7.

lol pretty dead on. p4=aOl

Dillusion said:
lol ya i buy allot of weird shit out of impatience. Its my hobby, i like to tinker :p

AMD = proven better in gaming, although the difference may not be that much... whateva, I would never buy an intel processor again.

and i wouldn't buy an AMD unless their product improves greatly. I used to ride the AMD bandwagon and I'd naysay the P4's run better crowd, but then I bought a p4 1.6A, 2.4 B and then a 2.4 C and I've NEVER once, not once had a lockup that wasn't my own fault do to overclocking too high. AMD's, at least the ones I've had I cannot say that for. They lock up occassionally even when you aren't pushing them hard. I am a 100% abit motherboard man, so each chip I've bought has always since the original t-bird and duron days has always had an abit board.

Just as it's a proven fact your AMD 64's get you 8 extra FPS in a couple games...it's also a proven fact, that hyperthreading feels faster in real word use than AMD's. I've always thought that and even our local ringmaster, Kyle B. has stated that sometime back in one of his reviews. Hyperthreaded P4's feel faster in day to day use...that, combined with the stability, at least in my own exp. is enough to keep me loyal to Intel.

I've owned a 600 duron, 700 duron, 800 t-bird, 1.2 t-bird, 1.33 t-bird and then went to the pentium line.

Granted my AMD exp has been several years back, but when I went from my t-bird 1.33 to my p4 1.6A most people said I was going to be downgrading. It wasn't at all EVERYTHING, i mean everything seemed a lot better on that chip. My mp3 lists (thousands of MP3's didn't stutter when they loaded and provided smooth scrolling, my games played better, no more occassional lockups.

AMD may be a bit faster this gen, but long live Intel.

Tengis said:
AMD = proven better in gaming, although the difference may not be that much... whateva, I would never buy an intel processor again.

not even if intel's new chips are faster than amd's in gaming and multimedia?

Well the new duel-cores are much better then anything Intel offers, so AMD is king in multimedia in games and any apps now too. (but they cost like 500$ for the cheapest X2 model)

sculelos said:
Well the new duel-cores are much better then anything Intel offers, so AMD is king in multimedia in games and any apps now too. (but they cost like 500$ for the cheapest X2 model)

Wrong, the ongoing THG stress test shows that the Intel EE dual-core crushes the equally priced X2 4800+ in multitasking. Apparently the X2 has problems distributing CPU power to 4 applications, while the EE handles this task easily with its 4 logical processors (dual-core w/HT) :)

Kyle Bennett said:
The next system I build will personally be an Intel P4 system. I am currently using an FX-53 that I built for playing DOOM 3 and HL2. It was PAINFUL going to an AMD system on the desktop side of things as the lack of HyperThreading is hard to adust to. I have adjusted to the lack of the creamy goodness that is HT now, but the fact is that I still miss it and want it back.

The damn CPUs are so fast now, that on the high end it would be hard to Pepsi Challenge any of them and tell them apart. It is all about the GPU baby!

This should sum up the CPU discussion ;) I for one am just excited as hell to see what comes out AFTER this next release. I honestly didn't think we'd be where we are graphics card wise until a lot later. The progress made thanks to the incredible competetiveness of the market right now is just phenomenal. Let's forget all of the "bashing the other guys" type stuff and just be glad we have an option to buy this kind of hardware. I for one am just glad it's available (or will be soon anyway).

Dillusion said:
A64s are clearly dominant in gaming. It's no contest. Why are people getting SLI? For gaming. Connect the dots.

Oh sweet jesus a 20 fps difference. Your eye won't even notice because its above 80 anyway, and most people who want best image quality run vsync so it will lock it at 75/85 depending on monitor refresh rate.

Peach said:
Oh sweet jesus a 20 fps difference. Your eye won't even notice because its above 80 anyway, and most people who want best image quality run vsync so it will lock it at 75/85 depending on monitor refresh rate.

Yes, you won't notice but that does not refute that it is faster. Nobody is saying you "have" to go with an A64 for gaming. There are hundreds of benchmarks on the web saying its faster so I'm not really sure why you're arguing. And you can't activate vsync in SLI.

Well, i'm just sick of !!!!!!s glorifying AMD as the #1 gaming platform, your going to be happy if you go AMD or Intel. Thank you for correcting me about the Vsync + SLI thing, didn't know that it couldn't be enabled.

Its more of the, the A64 doesnt have the lower drops as Intel does. Also I can notice the difference in smoothness between 60 and 120. I dont care what it looks like, in a game when I just I can actually feel if I'm chugging or gliding through the air and that difference can be noticed at FPS above 60.

The above blah blah blah FPS you cant notice arguement is stupid to me always has always will. FPS is about feel more than sight.

jon67 said:
Wrong, the ongoing THG stress test shows that the Intel EE dual-core crushes the equally priced X2 4800+ in multitasking. Apparently the X2 has problems distributing CPU power to 4 applications, while the EE handles this task easily with its 4 logical processors (dual-core w/HT) :)

It's the p4 that is doing crazy things, the x2 is doing exactly like it should since the encoding task is set in low priority.

Ask yourself this, if you where doing 4 task at the same time on a ee dual but you thought that your gaming session would be the most importent one, you set the other tasks to low priority, but since the os thinks it got 4 cpu's to distribute the tasks to you would end up with only 25% of the cpu's power for your gaming.

trinibwoy said:
Yes, you won't notice but that does not refute that it is faster. Nobody is saying you "have" to go with an A64 for gaming. There are hundreds of benchmarks on the web saying its faster so I'm not really sure why you're arguing. And you can't activate vsync in SLI.

You sure can use V-Sync in SLi. I do on my rig.

soooo... how about them new 7800GTXs?.. i hear the Ultra versionn will hit 9000 in 3dmark05... SLI them bitches..hehe

Warrior said:
soooo... how about them new 7800GTXs?.. i hear the Ultra versionn will hit 9000 in 3dmark05... SLI them bitches..hehe
WTF are you talking about? Stay on topic here. This is Intel vs AMD discussion. :rolleyes:

:( sorry.. amd rules for the fact that you dont need to get new ram for a nice upgrade... that what was the determining factor for a big CPU upgrade for me... i was like.. ddr2... god damnit!... then i saw amds nice boards still using PC3200.. i was like.. w00t.. and payed 330 for a new board and proc.. and never been happyer....

Sir-Fragalot said:
You sure can use V-Sync in SLi. I do on my rig.

Ah, you're right. Nvidia hasn't officially stated it's not compatible, just not recommended. A lot of people over on Nvidia's forums are complaining that they can't activate v-sync in SLI mode for some reason though :confused:

Lord of Shadows said:
Chevy for the win...
pff... Honda for the win.... honda's awesome cars.... you name em.. ( and yes acura is a damn honda!)

Warrior said:
pff... Honda for the win.... honda's awesome cars.... you name em.. ( and yes acura is a damn honda!)

The discussion is Ford vs Chevy.

Weenie-mobiles have no place here.

Only cars with big loud engines and sucky gas milage count.

then obviously you havnt heard a Honda S2000 the Rpms Easly go to 10,000 gets VERY loud.. and one of the best Japanees Sports raceing cars

A Toyota will own your lame trucks any day of the week, loud engines or not. Obviously, loud doesn't mean good. Noobs. :p

~Adam

Warrior said:
then obviously you havnt heard a Honda S2000 the Rpms Easly go to 10,000 gets VERY loud.. and one of the best Japanees Sports raceing cars

Yeah, loud by wind up toy standards.

Now, my Dad's old 69 Mustang...that was LOUD.

A Honda being "loud" is does not meet the "loud" requirement. lol

Back