Gateway FHD2400

I read the rules and terms and it said that you don't need to show anything. But yea I did get a order number in the e-mail so I'm going to call Amex MyWish customer service before I go ahead and do that, also the wording is a little weird on if I have to buy 1 single thing that is at least $600 or if you can buy multiple things to add up to $600. I'm sure its the latter but calling to make sure. Sounds like I can't use any 10% off coupons when I make the purchase either, at least from what I understand. Anyway here's the terms if anyone else wins a certificate.

"This Wish Certificate need not be presented at the time of purchase. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S. and at BestBuy.com®. Limit one offer per Cardmember, per household. Not good in combination with any other Certificates or offers. Not valid on prior purchases and only good on single qualifying purchase of $600 or more. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Cash value is 1/100th of one cent. Allow 4-5 weeks from date of transaction for delivery of your Best Buy Gift Card by mail. Best Buy, the Best Buy logo and the tag design are trademarks of Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc. Gift Card will be awarded on a single qualifying purchase of $600 or more. Offer does not include tax. Limit one award per Cardmember. Other restrictions may apply. This offer is valid on purchases 11/27/07 ♥ 1/15/08"
That's strange. So I guess the gift card is an automatic thing processed by AmEx? Even though it says it's not valid with other "offers," since the Wish Certificate is not going to be scanned at the time of your purchase, you might as well hand them the 10% off coupon. Since only one coupon is going to be scanned, the employee is likley to approve it. The computer is likely to reject the 10% off coupon, though, as it did when some of us tried the 12% off coupon in October. However, if the employee argues, you can say the computer monitor is a computer accessory, since those are valid items and computer monitors are not listed as excluded.

I'm going to update the BestBuy info here to get rid of all the misinformation to avoid confusion.

$150 BESTBUY GIFT CARD FOR $600 PURCHASE WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS
If you are going to buy this monitor and have an American Express credit card, you may want to consider getting a BestBuy Wish Certificate from American Express's My Wish List promotion. If you can bring your single purchase total to $600 (buy the speaker bar, protection plan, a game?) then you will get a $150 gift card at BestBuy for future purchases. If you don't win one, do not buy one off eBay; this WC is linked to the AmEx account that received the item. The Wish Certificate does not need to be presented at time of purchase, so you can go ahead and get the monitor now. The gift card will not be received immediately but will be sent later.

AmEx also doubles Gateway's warranty.

American Express MyWishList will be giving away the BestBuy Wish Certificate on these days (times are Eastern)...
Dec 5 at 6PM
Dec 7 at 11AM
Dec 8 at 6PM
Dec 9 at 6PM
Dec 10 at 2PM
Dec 12 at 11AM

$25 BESTBUY CREDIT WITH REWARD ZONE MEMBERSHIP
Also, if you have a Reward Zone card, you can sign up for one of five holiday bonuses at the Reward Zone web page. One of those bonuses is a $15 off printable coupon if you spend $500 at BestBuy during the holiday season. This is in addition to the $10 off printable coupon you would normally get for spending $500 at BestBuy as a Reward Zone member. These coupons have no restrictions and are combinable with other coupons.

10% OFF AT BESTBUY
Also, here is a 10% Off Coupon for use at BestBuy (expires Dec 31). The coupon applies to computer accessories so you can argue computer monitors should be included. It does not explicitly say computer monitors are included or excluded.

In addition, if you buy the monitor by Dec 24, you will have until January 31 to return the monitor and/or buy a Product Service Plan. So, you could come away with $175 in credit at Best Buy, a doubled warranty, and extended return/exchange period.

***Wish Certificate Details***
To redeem this offer, purchase must be charged in full to any American Express® Card. Offer available with select categories: TVs $399 and up, DVD players/recorders, Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD Players, home audio, Audio & Video Accessories, furniture $99 & up, Home Theater Installation by Geek Squad®, also valid at Magnolia Home Theater, major appliances, small appliances, vacuums, microwaves, desktop computers, notebook computers, monitors, and projectors. Excludes Bose®; Magnolia Home Theater products: Bose®, Sonos, Vienna Acoustics, Tivoli Audio, MartinLogan, BDI furniture, Magnolia Guaranteed Performance Agreement and special order merchandise; Samsung 81, 89, and 94 series TVs; Power Price TVs, Home Theater Delivery; Apple® products and special order, clearance, demo and open-box items.
This Wish Certificate need not be presented at the time of purchase. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S. and at BestBuy.com®. Limit one offer per Cardmember, per household. Not good in combination with any other Certificates or offers. Not valid on prior purchases and only good on single qualifying purchase of $600 or more. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Cash value is 1/100th of one cent. Allow 4-5 weeks from date of transaction for delivery of your Best Buy Gift Card by mail. Best Buy, the Best Buy logo and the tag design are trademarks of Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc. Gift Card will be awarded on a single qualifying purchase of $600 or more. Offer does not include tax. Limit one award per Cardmember. Other restrictions may apply. This offer is valid on purchases 11/27/07 ♥ 1/15/08.

BESTBUY PRODUCT SERVICE PLAN
Product Service Plan is for 3 (or 4) years coverage. It overlaps the one-year Gateway warranty and as many exchanges and repairs as needed will be performed by BestBuy or Gateway via BestBuy during that one-year warranty period. In other words, if repairs are needed, the monitor can be taken to BestBuy for BestBuy to deal with Gateway instead of your having to deal with Gateway directly. After the warranty expires, during the remaining period of your PSP, the PSP will provide coverage for one exchange or the monetary equivalent. If the retail price for the monitor is met either via an exhange or via repairs, the PSP will expire immediately. However, you can then purchase an additional PSP at this time.

Also, the other advantage of having the PSP is that you can exchange the Gateway for ANY other LCD (you have to cover the difference if it costs more), even during the warranty period. If you exchange for a different model, you will now be operating under that manufacturer's warranty.

Some things I'm interested in finding out are if the doubled warranty offered by credit cards (e.g., American Express) will provide for unlimited exchanges/repairs through the BestBuy PSP.

Only American Express eh, my biased opinion is that is kinda offtopic /joke.

Anyways, i wont be able to take a look at one of these for a few weeks and im wondering how well does it scale when going to resolutions such as 1400x1900, 1680x1050 as those are the resolutions i'll be using if im not using native.

On my nec90gx2 i often scale TF2 to 1024x768 (1280x1024 is native) and i can live with that.

So does it still look decent when scaled this much?

Thanks for all the deal info Reductant! The 10% off coupon in addition to the Reward Zone bonuses may be just enough for me to spring for this when I return home for winter break. We don't use AmEx, though, but it's still good stuff. Another holiday sale is the only other thing I can hope for at this point.

Slightly off-topic but also related, does anybody know what the reward zone "special reward" you get on your birthday month is? This past month was mine, but I didn't get anything in regards to a special deal or coupon. Wondering if it may have been something to cut the cost further.

Thanks for all the deal info Reductant! The 10% off coupon in addition to the Reward Zone bonuses may be just enough for me to spring for this when I return home for winter break. We don't use AmEx, though, but it's still good stuff. Another holiday sale is the only other thing I can hope for at this point.

Slightly off-topic but also related, does anybody know what the reward zone "special reward" you get on your birthday month is? This past month was mine, but I didn't get anything in regards to a special deal or coupon. Wondering if it may have been something to cut the cost further.

Its just 100 bonus reward points.

Anyone with a digital camera mind taking a picture of the PiP? I was wondering if this aspect is improved over the 2485W. While the PiP worked great I always wished I could make it bigger, wouldn't be a make or break deal since I'm pretty intent on getting this monitor.

I'm going to update the BestBuy info here to get rid of all the misinformation to avoid confusion.

BESTBUY PRODUCT SERVICE PLAN
Product Service Plan costs $80 for 3 years coverage.

reductant, again, my Best Buy receipt clearly says 4 years and expires 11/2011...

Anyone with a digital camera mind taking a picture of the PiP? I was wondering if this aspect is improved over the 2485W. While the PiP worked great I always wished I could make it bigger, wouldn't be a make or break deal since I'm pretty intent on getting this monitor.

From your description, it sounds the same. It is approximately 4"x7", and you can place it in any of the 4 corners. It is a little more than 1/8 of the screen. You can make it transparent to keep from covering up too much of your work.

I wish I could make it bigger too, although it is still good for monitoring things, like whether my other computer is done doing what I asked it to do. Obviously, you can swap screens when desired, which certainly makes it bigger. ;)

Well, I got one from Best Buy. Brought it home, set it up, and noticed right away that it had massive backlight bleeding on the left side on the monitor. I messed around with the brightness (was 80 at default) and it didn't help at all. I was pretty surprised, but even with the brightness set to 0 this thing was blinding bright. I couldn't look at it for more than a few minutes without it hurting my eyes. :(

The bleeding was so bad I could even see it making colors faint in games and just messing around in windows (an no, it wasn't a problem with viewing angle).

Going by these tests almost all of the grays in the Inversion test were flickering. Colors looked fantastic, much better than expected.

Despite that, I ended up taking it back for an exchange, hoping to get one without any major backlight bleeding. Unfortunately, they were sold out and I ended up just getting a full refund instead.

Sitting here now, I'm not sure if I'll try another one or not. With my bad luck, I'll end up getting one with worse problems.

Well, I got one from Best Buy. Brought it home, set it up, and noticed right away that it had massive backlight bleeding on the left side on the monitor. I messed around with the brightness (was 80 at default) and it didn't help at all. I was pretty surprised, but even with the brightness set to 0 this thing was blinding bright. I couldn't look at it for more than a few minutes without it hurting my eyes. :(

The bleeding was so bad I could even see it making colors faint in games and just messing around in windows (an no, it wasn't a problem with viewing angle).

Going by these tests almost all of the grays in the Inversion test were flickering. Colors looked fantastic, much better than expected.

Despite that, I ended up taking it back for an exchange, hoping to get one without any major backlight bleeding. Unfortunately, they were sold out and I ended up just getting a full refund instead.

Sitting here now, I'm not sure if I'll try another one or not. With my bad luck, I'll end up getting one with worse problems.

Did you note the manufacture date before you returned it? We have heard reports of Aug being a pretty questionable date for bleeding. Mine was in Sept.

You didn't mention what resolution and input you were using. To get good results on the inversion test, you'd probably need to be DVI and 1920x1200.

Your link said 1 of the 9 boxes may flicker slightly. There may have been one flickering for me, but it was hard to tell. So, 1 slightly for me.

The monitor sure is bright, but I find a brightness of 5 is comfortable to me. You're right, the brightness control does not completely darken the monitor. Zero is still pretty lit up.

If your eyes aren't too sensitive to light, and you don't have a close 2nd choice for a monitor, then I'd consider trying the Gateway again. Being sold out may be the best thing that happened to you, as it may mean a fresher monitor will be delivered, possibly overcoming all these issues.

However, if you have a close second, give it a try!

Did you note the manufacture date before you returned it? We have heard reports of Aug being a pretty questionable date for bleeding. Mine was in Sept.

You didn't mention what resolution and input you were using. To get good results on the inversion test, you'd probably need to be DVI and 1920x1200.

Your link said 1 of the 9 boxes may flicker slightly. There may have been one flickering for me, but it was hard to tell. So, 1 slightly for me.

The monitor sure is bright, but I find a brightness of 5 is comfortable to me. You're right, the brightness control does not completely darken the monitor. Zero is still pretty lit up.

If your eyes aren't too sensitive to light, and you don't have a close 2nd choice for a monitor, then I'd consider trying the Gateway again. Being sold out may be the best thing that happened to you, as it may mean a fresher monitor will be delivered, possibly overcoming all these issues.

However, if you have a close second, give it a try!

Err... where's the manufacture date located?

On the white SN sticker behind the DVI connector, middle rear of monitor.

I've got September. There's definitely a good amount of backlight bleed, but I can live with it because I only notice it on a mostly or all black screen.

I've been debating exchanging it for another one but I'm afraid I would get one that's worse. I wonder if I could just buy another one from Best Buy and compare them side by side, and then return the one that's worse.

I've got September. There's definitely a good amount of backlight bleed, but I can live with it because I only notice it on a mostly or all black screen.

I've been debating exchanging it for another one but I'm afraid I would get one that's worse. I wonder if I could just buy another one from Best Buy and compare them side by side, and then return the one that's worse.

Do you have a "good amount", or just some? I'd expect some on a TN, but if it interferes with anything you do normally, then it's probably too much.

I have backlight bleed, but a rarely ever notice it. I'd call mine minor, I guess. Just a little around the edges, only noticed on a totally dark screen.

Do you have a "good amount", or just some? I'd expect some on a TN, but if it interferes with anything you do normally, then it's probably too much.

I have backlight bleed, but a rarely ever notice it. I'd call mine minor, I guess. Just a little around the edges, only noticed on a totally dark screen.

Well there's definitely more bleed than my previous monitor (Viewsonic vx2025wm, which wasn't TN), but I guess I don't have too much because it doesn't really bother me.

reductant, again, my Best Buy receipt clearly says 4 years and expires 11/2011...

Those clueless people at Bestbuy originally promised me the plan would be for 4 years for $80, but when I went to buy the plan, they said it was only good for 3 years. I'm glad you got it for 4 years, though. That's really nice. Are you sure you have the product service plan? Because in my PSP pamphlet, it ony has plans for 2 or 3 years.

Those clueless people at Bestbuy originally promised me the plan would be for 4 years for $80, but when I went to buy the plan, they said it was only good for 3 years. I'm glad you got it for 4 years, though. That's really nice. Are you sure you have the product service plan? Because in my PSP pamphlet, it ony has plans for 2 or 3 years.

We should compare notes, I think. My receipt says “4 yr, $500-$599.99 Monitor, PS PSP# xxxxxx, SKU# 8550588, Exp Date Nov 2011”, but the pamphlet they gave me does not include that SKU number. So, I'm pretty sure there's a 4 yr plan (the receipt says "monitor, 4 years"), but I don't have the pamphlet to back me up.

I think there are also two different plans at Best Buy.

What does your receipt say?

So....I have about a week to decide if I should keep this monitor. I ordered it for $450 last night from circuitcity (on sale + AAA coupon). I have some time before I need to pick it up in store. I'd like to be sure if I want it or not before I pick it up. Any opinions? I will use it for programming, computer games, xbox 360, and possibly hook a DVR up and use it for a tv some. I have a glossy screen on my macbook pro, and it does not bother me, so that's not an issue.

So....I have about a week to decide if I should keep this monitor. I ordered it for $450 last night from circuitcity (on sale + AAA coupon). I have some time before I need to pick it up in store. I'd like to be sure if I want it or not before I pick it up. Any opinions? I will use it for programming, computer games, xbox 360, and possibly hook a DVR up and use it for a tv some. I have a glossy screen on my macbook pro, and it does not bother me, so that's not an issue.

From reading this thread the FHD2400 will do all those things fine, if not great. $450 is a deal for this monitor.

What cables come in the box? I'm wondering if I have to order some cables from monoprice.com.

What cables come in the box?

You get a DVI/DVI, VGA/VGA, and USB A/B cable (monitor to PC) plus the power cord.

Interestingly, my box had a sticker on it that said the USB cable wasn't included, but was required. I didn't find either of those things to be true for me, as not only was it in the box, I didn't use their EzTune software.

I had to buy a HDMI cable (expensive), but had component, composite, and S-Video already on hand.

Just got this monitor on an impulse buy. Its big.

The colors at first were terrible, no matter how much i alterted the contrast / brightness i couldnt get it bright enough.

Then i tried Eztune and that fixed it for the most part. Doing some fine tweaking right now, there is too much color on certain levels it seems, although it seems to be blue red and green, not sure whats going on. Maybe im just used to a lower color gamut.

But it appears in areas like bloom ground effects in WoW. The overpowering glow effect shows a strong blue hue, in the snow in alterac valley, seems odd to me.

Also the input lag / ghosting seems a much more noticeable level when scaling down the resolution in FPS games.

I have a Mac as well.

I also have my standard-TV DVR connected to it, and it outshines my TV in the areas of color and sharpness. Unfortunately, a standard TV signal isn't very robust, so expect some artifacts and lines when viewing live TV. There just isn't a lot of data there. I find when you give this monitor a quality signal you get a quality image, but standard TV is not a quality signal, and nowhere near what this monitor is capable of. However, it can still pull out a lot of detail I don't see on my TV, if ya know what I mean. ;)

HD movie previews from my Mac look delicious.

I'm still planning to come up with some sort of HDTV input for this baby. Thinking a HD PC receiver at the moment, maybe turn my Mac into an HD DVR... :)

$450 is a great price!

Just got this monitor on an impulse buy. Its big.

The colors at first were terrible, no matter how much i alterted the contrast / brightness i couldnt get it bright enough.

Then i tried Eztune and that fixed it for the most part. Doing some fine tweaking right now, there is too much color on certain levels it seems, although it seems to be blue red and green, not sure whats going on. Maybe im just used to a lower color gamut.

But it appears in areas like bloom ground effects in WoW. The overpowering glow effect shows a strong blue hue, in the snow in alterac valley, seems odd to me.

Also the input lag / ghosting seems a much more noticeable level when scaling down the resolution in FPS games.

Wow, you just described a lot of things this monitor has not been known for -- being too dim, having blooming, input lag, ghosting -- maybe yours is malfunctioning? Any way you can compare similar situations to the demo unit at the store?

I have a Mac as well.

I also have my standard-TV DVR connected to it, and it outshines my TV in the areas of color and sharpness. Unfortunately, a standard TV signal isn't very robust, so expect some artifacts and lines when viewing live TV. There just isn't a lot of data there. I find when you give this monitor a quality signal you get a quality image, but standard TV is not a quality signal, and nowhere near what this monitor is capable of. However, it can still pull out a lot of detail I don't see on my TV, if ya know what I mean. ;)

HD movie previews from my Mac look delicious.

I'm still planning to come up with some sort of HDTV input for this baby. Thinking a HD PC receiver at the moment, maybe turn my Mac into an HD DVR... :)

$450 is a great price!

Thanks for the input! Actually, our DVR is a combo DVR and HD Tuner, so I was hoping the HD shows would look amazing, :). I currently own the old gateway 22 inch model, which I will convert to my secondary monitor. Is this quality in the FHD2400 much greater than the fpd22 (whatever it's called) ?

Thanks for the input! Actually, our DVR is a combo DVR and HD Tuner, so I was hoping the HD shows would look amazing, :). I currently own the old gateway 22 inch model, which I will convert to my secondary monitor. Is this quality in the FHD2400 much greater than the fpd22 (whatever it's called) ?

I never looked at a 22-inch monitor, as I was targeting the 24s, so I can't tell you much about their quality. I think Gateway is selling two of them at the moment, the older FPD2275W and the newer HD2200. Which do you have?

Will you be connecting the display to your DVR using a HDMI cable? That's how I connected mine. I don't think it's critical, but the shorter the better on those if you can pre-position the equipment that way. Shorter cables increase bandwidth and decrease the cost.

Wow, you just described a lot of things this monitor has not been known for -- being too dim, having blooming, input lag, ghosting -- maybe yours is malfunctioning? Any way you can compare similar situations to the demo unit at the store?

Dimming isnt a problem anymore. Its not so much input lag as it is refresh rate. Just doesnt refresh as smooth at the same fps at lower resolutions, even when changing the monitor refresh rate.

Everything looks amazing and smooth at max resolution though.

Is there any other 24inch LCD monitor out in the $500 price range? I have looked at both the FHD 2400 and the HP w2408... looking at both of them side by side at best buy the Gateway looked far superior in both color and picture quality. But those are the only two 24inch monitors that best bey had.

I know the Gateway has gotten great reviews, is it the best monitor out there for the money? I game alot

From reading this thread the FHD2400 will do all those things fine, if not great. $450 is a deal for this monitor.

Where'd you see the AAA offer or get the coupon? I'm a AAA member, but I haven't seen anything related to any special offers or promotions. If I could get this deal, I think I'd pick it up almost immediately.

Is there any other 24inch LCD monitor out in the $500 price range? I have looked at both the FHD 2400 and the HP w2408... looking at both of them side by side at best buy the Gateway looked far superior in both color and picture quality. But those are the only two 24inch monitors that best bey had.

I know the Gateway has gotten great reviews, is it the best monitor out there for the money? I game alot

This is the third time you've asked the "Best for the money" question. :) I answered it before, but since you also asked what other 24" displays are in the $500 price range, maybe I can come up with something fresh to tell you.

There are several 24" monitors in the price range you mention, but few have all the capabilities of the Gateway, which is one powerful monitor for the money. The only contender I found that came close (in what I was interested in -- inputs, HDCP, rotate, PiP, speed) was the Samsung 245T, for around $680. However, the Samsung 244T I use at work has horrible input lag (I tested it), and a non-glossy panel, so I tipped towards the Gateway. I'm not sorry I did!

There were also a pair of BenQs that came close, but the designs appeared to be old, and the new panels that might address the problems of the old panels hadn't hit the market yet. So, I dropped those from contention. Those were also outside your price range.

Besides the HP you mention, the NEC ASLCD24WMCX, NEC LCD2470WVX, LG L246WP, Samsung 245BW, Dell E248WFP, and Acer AL2416WBsd are also in the $500 range or below. If you work at it a little bit, you can also pull the 26" Acer AL2616Wd into that range. Note that both 23" and 26" monitors typically have 24" resolution. Note also that none of the displays I mention above have the same capabilities as the Gateway.

So, "Best for the money" depends on what you want. However, if you go on pure capability, I think the Gateway is the best for the money. And I was blown away by the picture quality! :)

The speaker bar only costs $50 additional and I have given it a good recommendation, for low end speakers, but you do get what you pay for and I have just had a bad experience with them. Playing the DVD movie Walk the Line (the Johnny Cash story) I found that I had to be within 24 inches to understand the dialog - I just couldn't get it loud enough! Volume control was at maximum in Control Panel, on the Speaker Bar controls and in the Movie Player ( Roxio's Cineplayer) controls.

This movie has a lot of bass end sound, and before, was unviewable on my TV because the small built-in speakers had too much distortion. I mean really a lot. I tried a pair of inexpensive, small receivers that came with a Sony desk top stereo and experienced the same.

The Gateway speaker bar handled the bass just fine - I just couldn't get the volume up so I could watch the movie at a decent distance.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

the inconsistency with the reports on backlight bleed for this monitor. I mean, right now, with the lights off in the room and looking at the full screen black of this forum behind this message dialog box, they are consistently even and deep across the screen with no discernible bleed.

I have a September manufacture date. Did I just get lucky with this and with no dead pixels?

You might try doing what I do -- put the monitor on a table next to your easy chair. :)

Not sure these were intended for a room full of people -- more for a personal experience.

I have also noticed the lower frequencies are reproduced better -- I've already played a couple of personal videos, and heard men saying things in the background I didn't know was there!

I just noticed whereas the sound is tied to the input, the volume setting is not stored separately for that input. Not sure I like that. As you say, volume for something like a DVD has to be increased, but that is so loud when you return to the PC that turning the PC way down can still get you background noise you didn't hear before. The net result is you have to turn the volume up for something coming in over the HDMI input, but remember to turn it down when you return to the DVI input. A small nuisance, but since they save separate brightness levels for each input, why not store volume levels separately too? Maybe they'll fix that in the next firmware update...

the inconsistency with the reports on backlight bleed for this monitor. I mean, right now, with the lights off in the room and looking at the full screen black of this forum behind this message dialog box, they are consistently even and deep across the screen with no discernible bleed.

I have a September manufacture date. Did I just get lucky with this and with no dead pixels?

I'm in the same boat as you -- Sept manufacture date, no dead or stuck pixels, and minimal bleed.

I'm sure there are bad monitors out there (we've had several replaced that got noticeably better), but I'm sure people's perceptions of what a TN should look like will also come into play.

This is a brand-new design, and some with bad panels have mentioned the Aug manufacture date. Whereas Sept hasn't been immune, a much smaller percentage of people are mentioning it. So, maybe they are learning as production ramps up...

Another experienced tech media reviewer loving newer TN panels... This isn't the FHD 2400 but I bet you its a similar panel if not the same one.

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2007/review-hp-w2408h.html

This website reviews ALOT of lcd's... mostly European available screens

I do not know what gives... These dudes are liking newer TN's

At any rate, I returned my FHD 2400 tonight, backlight bleed was really kinda bad on the left side. (September manufacturing date.) Don't know what Ill try next, possibly another FHD 2400. I want to see another tech media site hit the FHD 2400.

Mine seems much better as i tweak it. No more overcolored blooming and no more dimness. Never had any back light bleeding.

Im not gonna check for dead pixels since i havent noticed any, if i have any would rather not know at this point.

Movies look fantastic, 1080p trailers are awesome, so much more colorful then my old LCD, much less washed out look.

Still concerned about my refresh rate at lower resolutions it seems almost unuseable. Im gonna give it another go on TF2 when i get home from work (finally realized how everyone was actually able to play that game with decent settings Direct x9 mode is broket so you gotta use 8.1 and it looks fantastic still).

Does the monitor adjust ok wihtout EzTune? I'm using a mac...or, can I run EZ in a virtual machne, and then have the setting stay when I got back to OS X?

Does the monitor adjust ok wihtout EzTune? I'm using a mac...or, can I run EZ in a virtual machne, and then have the setting stay when I got back to OS X?

I'm using the monitor on a Mac without EzTune, and I've posted plenty of pictures of how it looks. I don't know if I got lucky or what, but I never had the slightest interest in adjusting any colors, and I look at photographs all the time. I even posted a picture of a group of photos on post 367 on page 19. My camera can't keep up with this display, so the photo doesn't look as good as the displayed image does!

There are manual adjustments, but I haven't felt the need to try any.

I'm running OSX, but I have not set up PC emulation yet, so I can't tell you anything about that. I suspect I'll be running Parallels or something like that when I do, so PC and Mac applications will run side-by-side. So far there has been no PC software that I've felt the need to run, so that is still down on my priority list.

I never mentioned this before, but with every FHD2400 I've had, I cannot see my BIOS boot screen with my PC over DVI-D. Any suggestions? I've never had this problem with previous monitors.

Back