Gaming Snacks

Noxxville7

n00b
I need to pick up some snacks for next weekend (yes, for SW:ToR release) that work well with pc gaming. I generally refrain from eating at my computer aside from occasionally some cookies, so I don't have much in mind for what's good for snacks.

Right now I'll probably pick up some cookies and make a stack of sandwiches (tuna as well as a variety of different meat sandwiches, probably some subs). Any thoughts, or perhaps just a mention of your favourite snack(s) for gaming sessions?

(And please, keep the topic to the snacks consumed while gaming, not the games themselves and how good they may/may not be to you :D)

Twizzlers. If you don't get your fingers wet, you don't need to worry about red stains.

Cheetos.

2010-03-05-601chopsticks.gif

We always used to get Pringles for LAN parties. Pringles and Dr. Pepper. (and various other sodas)

Sandwiches are fine. I would avoid anything too greasy or stuff like Cheetos which leaves orange dust residue everywhere. (EDIT: lol, I was still making this post when the person above me posted :p)

Mini pretzel rods. Somewhat healthy, and tasty / fun to chew on.

I also like to eat baby carrots, or things of that sort to be 'healthy'.

Yeah lol I don't think Cheetos will work for me. Unfortunately, I don't know how to use chopsticks like that guy does. Pringles might suffice, it's been years since I've had any. Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming. I like to have a lot of options :p.

My LAN staples are mountain dew code red, licorice, fig bars mmmmm, and always order chinese during "half time".
Oh had to come back and add real cheese combo's pretzels, the pizza ones are from the gods.

mixed nuts
baby carrots are awesome because they are so loud they annoy everyone.

Be the life of the party? Bacon strips.

Not a big fan of Mountain Dew, My pop's of choice are Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale and Pepsi/Coke or the knockoff versions. I've never had Mountain Dew Code Red before though. I might have to give it a try if I can find it (don't remember seeing it at the store) - what's the flavour of it supposed to be like? I shall grab a couple cans of Monster, thanks for the reminder dogbyte.

I've never had Mountain Dew Code Red before though. I might have to give it a try if I can find it (don't remember seeing it at the store) - what's the flavour of it supposed to be like?

It's cherry-flavored Mountain Dew.

Not a big fan of Mountain Dew, My pop's of choice are Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale and Pepsi/Coke or the knockoff versions. I've never had Mountain Dew Code Red before though. I might have to give it a try if I can find it (don't remember seeing it at the store) - what's the flavour of it supposed to be like? I shall grab a couple cans of Monster, thanks for the reminder dogbyte.

The code red part is cherry flavor, good stuff, also try the combos pizza pretzels you will like em. (the cheesy mess is in the pretzel so no grubby fingers)

Cranberry juice, water and veggies. Usually have a salad during "breaks".

I don't eat much at all when gaming, just drink a shit ton.

Soda, juice or water for drinking. Occasionally there will be milk.

Twizzlers, pretzels, Pringles, beef jerky, or dry cereal for the munching.

I rarely eat regular Cheetos. I just dislike them. And the Puffs are greasy. I eat enough of those and I get nauseous. And Doritos...I love Doritos...I just hate cleaning up after Doritos.

Forgot to add...I LOVE beef jerky...its just so EXPENSIVE.

Last edited:
For LANs I usually buy a box of PowerBars, half a dozen or so bottles Vitamin Water Zero and a 1 lb bag of beef jerky.

If I can't make time for a balanced meal, I like Chef Jay's protein bars and snacks.

Red Bull or monster, if you mix a 5 hour energy in with one it seems to work way better.

chocolate oreos are great if you want somthing sweet.

weat thins and triskets are good because they dont get crap all over your fingers and are still rather good.

If your going to make your own sandwichs go buy some sopressata,prosciutto,salami,provolone/swiss and some tomatoes.Slap that on some decent bread and you sir have one kick ass sandwich.

Edit: oh and a blood clot

Fuck Red Bull, tastes like shit. Same with most of the Monster choices.

We used to drink Jolt, but it's pretty hard to find these days.

honey nut cheerios in a bowl (no milk), right in front of your face. Stick out your tongue and put your face in the bowl. No hands needed, the cheerios stick to your tongue :D

Another vote for beef jerky. I use to eat cheetos all the time while I played. Just put them in a cup and eat out of that. No mess

Stay Alert (caffeinated gum). I start to get a stomach ache and acid reflux after too many cups of coffee.

Pistachios
Licorice
Chocolate (75% dark) in the fridge
Pizza vegetarian
Potato chips
Syrlinger (sour hardish disc shaped gummi bears)

Coke
Water
Random organic soda pops (based on actual existing ingredients)
Beer
Vodka

Eh last LAN I went to we just drank beer and at half time, grilled chicken fajitas on the grill. Mmmmmmmm Fajitas.

Oh, and how did I forget...unforunately can't get them year round, but Thin Mints from the freezer = best gaming snack ever.

California Rolls + veggie tray

That's an interesting choice for a gaming snack.

black_b[ ]x;1038118270 said:
honey nut cheerios in a bowl (no milk), right in front of your face. Stick out your tongue and put your face in the bowl. No hands needed, the cheerios stick to your tongue :D

LoL

I actually eat cereal with milk while I game.

395071.CHERRY.Bottle.Mockup.jpg

Cherry Bawls/Original Bawls (or Cherry Coke). And then many pizza rolls. That was my gamer food for my Skyrim all nighters. + occasional 7/11 runs.

Fresh, organic fruit + veg if it's just a snack. I do enjoy living close by to a decent farmer's market.

Dr. Pepper
Water
Beer (Rolling Rock)

Bear Claw
Some sort of chip or pretzel stick

Here is the correct way to party.

Candy:
Mamba's, Skittles, Redvines, Caramel, and Fun sized snickers...not full size not bit size mothafucking fun size.

Snacks:
Salt and vinegar chips, Veggie tray, Jerky, Pistachios, donuts, Cheetos, and Fiber Bars because you have to shit that out quickly.

Food:
meat and rice. Typically steak and chicken with some sauce.

Liquids:
Dr.pepper, Mountain Dew, Full throttle, milk and Water.

Normally comes out to only 60 bucks and will usually last through most the weekend Jerky is always the first to run out. If you want to include liquor its Typically New Castle for beer Midori sour just in case any girls or gays snuck in the mix and gin and juice for getting hammered fast.

The perfect snack is one that doesn't get onto your keyboard/controller, but still keeps your sugar levels dangerously high. I have not found that snack.. I always go with Fritos Twists. They're bomb diggity.

Also, IB4TL! Every time I see these threads pop-up, they get locked with a link to GenMay

I eat pizza with a knife and fork... but I'm British... ( British- Canadian ).

Back