Gaming Age

What age bracket do you fall in for gaming?

• Under 20

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • 20-30

Votes: 200 59.9%
  • 31-40

Votes: 84 25.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • 51-60

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Over 61

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

VolvoR

Gawd
So, on the front page news is an article about the average gamer being 37 years old...
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20069682-17/a-childs-hobby-average-gamer-is-37-years-old/

Well, what age bracket do you fall into?

I'm 41, and have been gaming since the early eighties and the heyday of the Video Game Arcade and such games as Asteroids and Donkey Kong. Great days!
And this is what the typical arcade in my home town looked like (and many others that I've seen, albeit, with darker lighting!)
video_game_arcade.jpg

Last edited:
26 year old here.

I can't remember exactly how old I was when I started gaming, but my first game was on the PC DOS system, it was Xenon 2 Megablast and Qbasic Gorrilas. I don't know what made my parents bought that first home computer of the family back then, but boy I'm glad they did.

31-40 range here. I still have my original Nintendo box bought from Wal-Mart in 1985. The Nintendo itself though =/ got lost in one of many moves.

27 here, still have my first classic NES, and it still works, even played MB3 a few days ago.

Started playing video games in 1982 when I was 10 with my Atari 2600 then got a Commodore 64 and have been hooked on PC gaming ever since. 39 now and I'm sure I'll still be playing when I'm 79.

Started playing video games in 1982 when I was 10 with my Atari 2600 then got a Commodore 64 and have been hooked on PC gaming ever since. 39 now and I'm sure I'll still be playing when I'm 79.
Ahhh yes the Atari 2600, was my first console too :D.

Snoopy, High Noon, and Grog's Revenge. Commodore 64!.

I'll let you figure out the rest...

couples of weeks from being 31.. but what's couple of weeks.. 31-40 bracket.

21. Grew up playing games on the SNES and then moved on to the PC.

50. Been gaming for a long time and will continue to do so.

I only game with those 61 or older. I can pwn those suckas like a boss!!1

I'm 22 been gaming since 91.one of my earliest memories was sneaking off to play wolfenstein 3d when it first came out. Good times. :)

31, thought I'd grow out of it by now. Now, I'm making sure that whatever nursing home I'm in, I'll have that to keep me busy.

28 and still enjoy gaming, although I do not have as much free time as I used to. :(

Got my first computer in 1983. :) Drawing green lines in DOS on a tiny green screen was soooo awesome!

All I've ever cared about was video games and they made me a millionaire. So maybe I don't know what the Civil War was, or who invented the helicopter even though I own one, but I did beat The Legend of Zelda before I could walk. I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Wait so the average gamer is 37 years old? I find that kind of hard to believe. I personally don't know anyone over 40 that regurly plays games.

These days, its safe to assume that a fair majority of gamers, are adults. Which is why I'm happy mature games like The Witcher 2 are being released.

Wait so the average gamer is 37 years old? I find that kind of hard to believe. I personally don't know anyone over 40 that regurly plays games.

It depends on the definition of games, which leads me to not necessarily question the results. Now, if it was the average age of Halo players, then I would. It's similar to how around 40% of people who play games are women, but if you stick to the AAA titles, you'll never see even remotely that close.

As far as knowing people over 40, half the people in the clan I was in for CoD were either late 30's or older. Then again, they had a minimum age of 21 to join... (It really depends on the game and platform as to what age of people you will see)

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Fail. I'm 29 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

After I do all that, I hop on my laptop and browse this forum.

I hope that answered your question in a roundabout way :p

27 here. I don't know why, but I kinda feel slightly "old" to be playing video games. I don't know if this is probably because all my gaming friends are not in the same field of work as I am. All the people in my workplace game on their phone or some other mobil device. I am feeling a social gap or something. I don't know what it is called to be exact. But its like something is telling me I should stop. But I've been playing FPS since I was a freshman at my university. I still have my SNES/PS/PS2 at my parents house. I got very excited for Battle Field 3, just like any battlefield gaming fan. I don't know I am just rambling. Maybe I am reaching an early mid life crisis?

23... and I don't think I'll ever stop gaming. I'll certainly cut back as I acquire more responsibilities, but I'll always be a gamer at heart.

24. I'm surprised the average age is apparently 37... pretty shocking as I thought I was getting too old to game.

34 here. Old enough to be a Dragon Warrior f4nb0y but young enough to be a BF3 f4nb0y. :)

27, but married with 3 kids so "gaming" isn't as often as it used to be.

Started when I was about 6-ish with my parents' 486. King's Quest, Chuck Yeager, and Wolfenstein 3D!

Back