• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Games 'Permit' Virtual War Crimes

@ #6 - I do believe it was found that people who often played violent games were in fact more sensitized to real world violence than the average person. This was found through PTSD research.

But for the life of me I can't find a link for similar studies in google. Too swamped with lame ass-questions and propositions posed by anti-violent gaming proponents.

I'm just summarizing the article:
Mr Rossignol said there was plenty of evidence that gaming violence is "fully processed" as fantasy by gamers. Studies of soldiers on the front line in Iraq showed that being a gamer did not desensitise them to what they witnessed.
 
THIS JUST IN: 99% of video games do not adhere to the laws of man or nature!

This.

Man, are thes "human rights" groups ever going to realize that the pictures on your computer screen in a game are not "real" people.
 
Even worse, games violate the laws of physics.

"In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" -- H. Simpons
 
Good article from the BBC. Presents both sides clearly and the headline gets pretty well refuted by the end.

  1. Games were chosen because of their level of interactivity
  2. Many (but not all) games allowed actions that would violate international law if real without consequence
  3. Games are treated differently than other forms of media for some reason
  4. There is room for real-world rules to make it into games, but that should be secondary to gameplay
  5. There is no evidence that gamers are desensitized to real-world violence

Thanks for the summary.

lol at the academics pointing to "in-game" (e.g. FAKE) violations of "international law". Disregarding the obvious, "international law" itself is a joke because it is only cited when convenient and following it is completely optional. (Unless the thought of the U.N. possibly talking about maybe issuing a "stern warning" scares you.) In summary, they are telling us that games allow people to pretend to "violate" laws in a fake world that many countries in the REAL world routinely choose to ignore.

Also, I would prefer to keep real-world rules to a minimum in my fake world. After all, the reason I'm diverting my attention to a fantasy land is because working 10-14 hours a day and being a functional member of society is seriously boring. I have no need or desire to pay someone to recreate the experience for me in a game.
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaming

Gaming
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look up gaming in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.


Gaming is the playing of a game.

Gaming may also refer to:
Gambling on games of chance
The play of a gamer, someone who plays video games, role-playing games or wargames
Playing a role-playing game, in which players assume fictional roles
Playing a massively multiplayer online role-playing game
Playing a tabletop game, any game played on a flat surface
Playing a video game, an electronic game with a video interface
Video game culture

Let me see it is called gaming still right not "were going to violate human rights simulator"?
 

Which ones? Wikipedia is your source?
I got the Swiss bureau of immigration stating that Switzerland is the most expensive country in Europe. Last time I checked Asians don't spend their time eating crap over human rights in video games. The people that do that are certain breed of westerners only, hence my quotation of the word world. Thanks for trying tough.
 
Don't forget radio. As far as books go, you ever read the old testament? God has done some real evil stuff, killed everyone in the entire world once except for his chosen race, I'd say the "God" character in that book is worse than Hitler was in real life.
 
Which ones? Wikipedia is your source?
I got the Swiss bureau of immigration stating that Switzerland is the most expensive country in Europe. Last time I checked Asians don't spend their time eating crap over human rights in video games. The people that do that are certain breed of westerners only, hence my quotation of the word world. Thanks for trying tough.

Post your link/evidence if you are going to categorically disregard all of my links or simply shut the hell up. Thanks.
 
OMG I have it all figured out... If all the older "gentlemen" didn't grow playing Galaga they wouldn't be planning world and galactic domination.

Maybe if we didn't play Assassins Creed people wouldn't have spring loaded blades concealed in their blades, and jump from building to building.

It's such a joke. It's how people live, grew up, and the actions they choose in their life, that determine what they do. Not games. People still did crimes before video games. There are educational games...

I mean there were never any crimes before video games. If Hitler or Stalin didn't play video games.... Oh that's right they weren't around then. Forgot sorry. It was Battleship and Chess, oh geez.

Lame :rolleyes:
 
OMG I have it all figured out... If all the older "gentlemen" didn't grow playing Galaga they wouldn't be planning world and galactic domination.

Maybe if we didn't play Assassins Creed people wouldn't have spring loaded blades concealed in their sleeves, and jump from building to building.

It's such a joke. It's how people live, grew up, and the actions they choose in their life, that determine what they do. Not games. People still did crimes before video games. There are educational games...

I mean there were never any crimes before video games. If Hitler or Stalin didn't play video games.... Oh that's right they weren't around then. Forgot sorry. It was Battleship and Chess, oh geez.

Lame :rolleyes:

I seriously don't understand why I can't edit my post. Whatever...Fixed now :)
 
Don't forget radio. As far as books go, you ever read the old testament? God has done some real evil stuff, killed everyone in the entire world once except for his chosen race, I'd say the "God" character in that book is worse than Hitler was in real life.

lol!:)
 
Back
Top