Gamer Gets Swatted On Live Stream

Well, maybe if you reinstituted Jim Crow...

You speak a good deal of truth. Part of the rationale behind these laws was to contain a population that many feared would become violent because of their historical circumstances.

i wouldn't of said $#%$ about the camera and just whispered my name or something

i wouldn't of said $#%$ about the camera and just whispered my name or something

That comes later with the other guy. Bending over and you just hear him whisper his name. *muah*. :D

I do wonder if there was an apology to the guy... Maybe an explanation saying that they were scammed and it's part of procedure for how they did things. The other guy (one that called him in) is an asshole, but I would hope the cops felt bad for the kid getting busted for absolutely no reason at all...

That comes later with the other guy. Bending over and you just hear him whisper his name. *muah*. :D

I do wonder if there was an apology to the guy... Maybe an explanation saying that they were scammed and it's part of procedure for how they did things. The other guy (one that called him in) is an asshole, but I would hope the cops felt bad for the kid getting busted for absolutely no reason at all...

Yeah, I would like to hear the story as told by the guy, in addition to the video.

I still don't understand why they searched him? It was obvious he was playing a game and was absolutely no threat yet they pat him down for what? To make it worthwhile hoping to find drugs and real guns or what?

Yea I know. I swear I saw when the first cop came in he said into his shoulder mic that it was just a swatting.

I still don't understand why they searched him? It was obvious he was playing a game and was absolutely no threat yet they pat him down for what? To make it worthwhile hoping to find drugs and real guns or what?

They searched his phone because they were looking to see if he was the one who called in the threat.

It's a raid, given consent by a 911 call which was taken as probable cause. Police in a raid arrest first, sort out problems later down at the station. It's a less bodily risk to the officers involved in the raid. Yes they arrested him(Arrested and Pressing Charges are two different things), when you get arrested by a police officer one of the first things they do is they search you that's police training 101.
They searched his phone because they were looking to see if he was the one who called in the threat.
Even if they needed a warrant, police operate like off a flow chart just checking off boxes when doing things like this. So he may have just been looking though call history. Would this matter if they were pressing charges and this went to court. Yes, possible outcomes to it? Most probable in inadmissible evidence, less probable is that it's considered an okay case by case basis for searching a cellphone.

The cops are just doing their jobs. If you guys want to be mad at someone, be mad at the guy that called this in.

In fact, it would be awesome to see the live stream of THAT GUY when he gets busted. ;)

Kind of like how the Gestapo was just doing their job. :rolleyes:
Police-state much?

If this was happening to you, wouldn't you want it second-guessed?
No, it's proper police procedure and it makes sense. Lock down and secure the area, make sure everything is safe, sort it out later. Safety first.

Would you want them to spend half an hour or more sorting things out if the call was real and in that time people died?

Police arrest first sort out later, it may not be good PR but it's safer for the officers. The times it's false is far less harmful than the times it's true. An inconvenience is always preferred over a death.

kimxt.jpg

police-militarized1.jpg
Rodney King Riots + North Hollywood shootout + DOD equipment influx post 9/11. There is a reason why police have anthrax detectors because they were free with "training", good old politics really could have saved money if you just gave them to the right people CDC field offices instead.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop-kills-white-man-media-hide-race/?cat_orig=politics

Black officer guns down unarmed white male while wearing a video camera and surprise!
No one is screaming racism, the NAACP isn't backing the officer as an example of exemplary bravery, and the police REFUSE to release the camera footage.
Lemme guess why...
Because the cop gunned the kid down without sufficient provocation?
Maybe because there was 3 kids together and just one cop he felt threatened?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/2...en-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/
At least in Ferguson Brown (black) assaulted the officer (white) first.
Again, two suspects, one cop.

Maybe its not a white black thing, maybe its a cop is a strenuous job that most people aren't fit to deal with kind of thing. Maybe we need to keep officers in pairs and make sure they wear their cameras at all times.

No, it's proper police procedure and it makes sense. Lock down and secure the area, make sure everything is safe, sort it out later. Safety first.

Would you want them to spend half an hour or more sorting things out if the call was real and in that time people died?

Police arrest first sort out later, it may not be good PR but it's safer for the officers. The times it's false is far less harmful than the times it's true. An inconvenience is always preferred over a death.

Rodney King Riots + North Hollywood shootout + DOD equipment influx post 9/11. There is a reason why police have anthrax detectors because they were free with "training", good old politics really could have saved money if you just gave them to the right people CDC field offices instead.

Most would people who be ok with police authority if they weren't such useless, corrupt, egotistical morons. As a society, we'd love to feel relief when we see a cop, but instead, whether guilty or innocent, we're scared at what retarded stunt they might pull and just want them to leave.

No, police are criminals just as often as the people they arrest. Cops aren't any better or worse than the average joe. They represent a slice of a given population and will reflect the criminal makeup of that population.

exactly, and with almost 2 mil people behind bars , story's like the one in Ferguson aint really surprising

It's standard procedure if you're a cop. Once you have violated someone's privacy or civil rights, or abused them verbally or physically, you don't ever apologize. You dig deeper. You strain to find at least one iota of criminality or immorality in an attempt to regain the "upper hand" over the person you've just wronged.

They should have searched him, and the house, but they should of just knocked on the door. Cops have been killed doing this when people think they are being burglarized its just kinda dumb.

They should have searched him, and the house, but they should of just knocked on the door. Cops have been killed doing this when people think they are being burglarized its just kinda dumb.

yeah i take that back i was really tired when i wrote that

One thing to keep in mind, this wasn't a home. This is a business that the cops walked into. On top of that while it is hard to hear given their distance from the mic one of the cops does ask him why he didn't come out sooner when they were calling or something along those lines. He tells him he had his headphones on and couldn't hear anything. So even had the knocked on the front door of the business this guy wouldn't have heard them and actually by the time they got to him I think everyone else had left the building already. As he starts by saying they are clearing out the building and then realizes what is going on.

When my kids were younger they were taught by the schools to seek out a fireman for help. NOT a cop, but a fireman. I remember when I was younger you were taught cops=good guys, no matter what go to them. Now they aren't. You're taught to do what the cop says while being as non-threatening as possible, and if you need help...go find a fireman.

Hopefully this outlaws videogame streaming or atleast makes revenues based off it illegal. Are these losers even declaring this as taxable income?

I'm slavin my ass getting 28% of my income taxed by the IRS and then raped by state and city taxes while these fatasses are sitting at home playing video games for free money.

Hopefully this outlaws videogame streaming or atleast makes revenues based off it illegal. Are these losers even declaring this as taxable income?

I'm slavin my ass getting 28% of my income taxed by the IRS and then raped by state and city taxes while these fatasses are sitting at home playing video games for free money.

Wat8.jpg

You're only being taxed 28% of your income because you are complying with the law and reporting 28% of it to the gov't. Any income is taxable. If these video streamers are making a living and not reporting their income taxes then they are guilty of tax evasion. It has nothing to do with the line of work they are involved in or where they do it.

Even if they needed a warrant, police operate like off a flow chart just checking off boxes when doing things like this. So he may have just been looking though call history. Would this matter if they were pressing charges and this went to court. Yes, possible outcomes to it? Most probable in inadmissible evidence, less probable is that it's considered an okay case by case basis for searching a cellphone.

There's an argument for full disk encryption and a passcode on your phone.

I don't have anything to hide on my phone, but at the same time I am a huge supporter of privacy rights, and wouldn't readily submit to demands for searching my stuff without a warrant.

I haven't watched any comedies in years. Do they still make fun of the things like they used to in the good old days of films?

Terrorists absolutely won. We've wasted the past 13 years bombing mud huts, pissing people off, and rebuilding mud huts, spending trillions in dollars and thousands and thousands of shattered young American lives.

You have former police chiefs in op-eds in the NYTimes justifying getting all this military equipment due to, "The exponential increase in danger after 9/11". Which actually hasn't happened, it's simply been exponentially increased fear-mongering since 9/11. You're more likely to get hit by lightning - twice - than die in a terrorist attack in the United States.

Even worse, you are more likely to be gunned down on a police raid than a terrorist attack.

Even worse, you're more likely to be killed crossing the street than you are being gunned down in a police raid.

Nobody seems to complain about how oppressive cars are, though.

News articles are reporting that the 911 caller was claiming to be the gunman/bomber. Claimed to have already shot 2 coworkers and holding more hostages with bombs planted around the building. The streamer heard shouting from the swat team as they were clearing other rooms that's why he suspected he had been swatted. And seriously swat is aggressively clearing your building you don't move. Getting up and opening the door wouldn't not trigger and pleasant response from people. Sit tight put your hands up stay still.

Sorry man, too many things don't add up. Even if he had known he was being swatted why would he go back to the game, I agree you don't just go opening up the door and waving at the officers...if you have any sense you get down on the ground with your feet crossed and your arms at spread eagle. That way you don't get shot holding your freaking mouse and them thinking it's a weapon or detonator.

Sorry man, too many things don't add up. Even if he had known he was being swatted why would he go back to the game, I agree you don't just go opening up the door and waving at the officers...if you have any sense you get down on the ground with your feet crossed and your arms at spread eagle. That way you don't get shot holding your freaking mouse and them thinking it's a weapon or detonator.

I may have to watch the video again with the sound up but isn't only about 5 seconds between the time he takes of his headset remarking he thinks swat is there and the time they enter his room?

Most would people who be ok with police authority if they weren't such useless, corrupt, egotistical morons. As a society, we'd love to feel relief when we see a cop, but instead, whether guilty or innocent, we're scared at what retarded stunt they might pull and just want them to leave.

Exactly. It's their reputation that they themselves earned. I know good cops and I know bad cops. But, when you get pulled over - you expect the bad one. They should work on their PR vs. their militarization.

Innocent people shouldn't be scared of the police. Police used to be the helpful guys. Now, they are the ones that go after people.

Uh..., it's just "The Boondocks."
Boondock Saints is a whole other thing. And excellent thing, but very different.

Ya, I went a little retard there...I don't know why I wrote Boondock Saints.....though it's an excellent movie as well but completely irrelevant in this post, lol. I saw there was a sequel to the movie....I'm scared to watch it though as I imagine it would be a heaping pile.

Back