Galaxy Note 4

I have been using my Nexus 6 since last week so not a lot of time with it yet but it is better than the OnePlus One in every category other than battery life. Actually the OnePlus One has no equal in battery life that I have owned.

I went from a Nexus 5 to Moto X to Note 3 before getting an early invite for the OnePlus One in July and I used it until this past week except for short lived turns with a Sony Z3 Compact (too small) and then an LG G3 (text/screen sharpening drove me nuts).

I buy/sell most of my phones on Swappa so I do switch pretty often if nothing else to try different phones out.

OnePlus One is a great phone that is smooth and quick. Battery life is generally outstanding except for one software update. The current 44s is very good but the 25r was the best but you had to give up some of the other updates that fixed ghost touches, etc.

I would guess I'll pock up a Note 4 along the way as I have tried them out in the store and it does feel like an improved Note 3.

I have been very impressed with the Nexus 6 as my daily driver. It dies everything the Nexus 5 did just better if you like a big phone. Build is better, camera is much better, speed is better and battery life is better. Not like OnePlus One battery life but still 4.5-5 hours SOT.

Note 4 has advantages in the camera obviously as Samsung just knows how to make a great camera.

If you are looking for great phone and price is an issue then OnePlus One has no equal. It has its quirks but for the most part it is a great phone as a daily driver.

If you don't care about the cost and just want to use a better phone then Nexus 6 or Note 4 both meet that criteria.

I'm not a fan of TW but llived with it just fine
on the Note 3 but don't necessarily think stock Android is perfect either. There are pros and con's to both.

Nexus 6 right now is the best Android phone I have owned but truly believe a GPE of the Note 4 would be the perfect phone.

Again I have not owned a Note 4 yet so I like to reserve judgment until I can actually use it as my daily driver.

I'm contemplating getting the Verizon Samsung Note 4 (can't afford the developer edition) off Amazon for $230 and using my old SIM card to attempt to keep my UDP however if it backfires T-Mobile will supposedly pay off my ETF and so I'll go with them and keep the Note 4 as well, unless I'm missing some information on how it works.

So, my question, does the Verizon Note 4 work on T-Mobile?

Thanks

The verizon model will work on Tmobile

So lolipop for galaxy s5 in poland is out
how long till we get lolipop in states?

With LTE?

If you have Band 4 in your area.

Verizon Note 4:

Network: LTE Band 13/4 (700/1700 MHz), CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz); Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100)

For LTE AT&T uses bands 2 (1900), 4 (1700), 5 (850) and 17 (700). Band 17 is AT&T's primary LTE band. Bands 2, 4 and 5 are used in areas where AT&T doesn't own any band 17 spectrum and also in combination with band 17 in urban areas to increase capacity and speeds.

With LTE?

Yup, only where Tmobile has AWS(band 4) which is almost everywhere. However with the 2g to LTE conversions they are doing to smaller towns that will only have band 2 which is not supported

It will work on 2g/3g/"4G" everywhere

So lolipop for galaxy s5 in poland is out
how long till we get lolipop in states?

That will be dependent on the carrier most likely. If its out in the open then im sure XDA will have a working rom up in no time

That will be dependent on the carrier most likely. If its out in the open then im sure XDA will have a working rom up in no time

Considering the mass rewrite of how everything works...no time...may end up being a bit.

Especially given the breakage of old root methods, and the locked boot loaders that pervade us carrier models.

Pissed off T-Mobile Note 4 owner here. I noticed a couple apps had been installed on my phone that I didn't install, so I googled them. Turns out t-mobile is licensing a software called DT Ignite to push high permission bloatware apps onto my phone without my permission. Uninstalling the apps would work until I restarted my phone and the apps would be reinstalled. I called t-mobile and the guy tried to treat me like I was a retard so I told him to google it. He put me on hold for 10 mins then came back and apologized, asked for my email, and sent me instructions on how to put my phone in safe mode to uninstall DT Ignite. How can they do this legally? I smell a class action lawsuit in the not so distant future...

USA based carriers do this shit all the time especially through firmware updates. The reality is if he had an option for you to disable you should feel lucky because many apps have no such option except to root the phone. The other thing they might do is say oh well you can buy a different phone. Which would suck in many cases because the note 4 is the only phone in its class.

ATT just did this with my Note 3 and made them permanent. Had to disable them but this is very annoying, there was easily 6 apps installed which were all nock offs of what Google/Samsung already installed.

New Note 4 owner here. Its Verizon, there's no root, but I disabled what I needed, installed Nova, and I'm made my peace with it.

There are tons of neat things to do, multi window + stylus is actually useful, TW lag is highly overrated, the L card recents view is already there.

Stock Android and esp on Nexus 6 is highly overrated by geeks on Internet forums. Note 4's large screen actually makes pop up app windows usable and fun. The hardware is years ahead of Nexus 6 (literally, since N6 has maybe a 2 year old panel). Speaker is just fine, after all the things you read you'd think it was a piece of junk.

I've been waiting for N6 on Verizon for months now, I'm not alone I know, and finally realized its a pipe dream and every week brings more bad N6 news. Its a blessing in disguise since I realize now that N4 is a better phone.

New Note 4 owner here. Its Verizon, there's no root, but I disabled what I needed, installed Nova, and I'm made my peace with it.

There are tons of neat things to do, multi window + stylus is actually useful, TW lag is highly overrated, the L card recents view is already there.

Stock Android and esp on Nexus 6 is highly overrated by geeks on Internet forums. Note 4's large screen actually makes pop up app windows usable and fun. The hardware is years ahead of Nexus 6 (literally, since N6 has maybe a 2 year old panel). Speaker is just fine, after all the things you read you'd think it was a piece of junk.

I've been waiting for N6 on Verizon for months now, I'm not alone I know, and finally realized its a pipe dream and every week brings more bad N6 news. Its a blessing in disguise since I realize now that N4 is a better phone.

If I was forced to buy a phone (for Verizon which I'm on) right now, it would probably be the Note 4. But no root is a deal breaker for me. I at least need Xposed to get my phone working adequately, I was especially spoiled by Wanam Xposed when I had my Note 2 and now with Sense Tools/Gravity Box on my M8. I was pretty set on the N6 until all the reviews started hitting and flying in the face of everything I expected the N6 to be. So now I think I'll hold onto my spare upgrade until the M9 comes out. If it has a 1080p display still and a 805 or 810, it's probably going to be the fastest phone by a considerable margin and battery life will be at least as good or better than current QHD phones (depending on battery capacity.

Just look at the Z3, Sony has the right idea with that phone, but unfortunately it's not on Verizon (the Z3v is the old Z2 hardware with the older display, camera sensor, design, and worse battery life). I hope all OEMs aren't pressured into QHD next year because they feel they must compete on paper. I'll take better performance and battery life over excessive PPI any day. The sharpness of my friends G3 over my M8 is barely perceivable, but the frame rate and performance difference (esp in games) is immediately noticeable.

Sensible post, I'm glad you like your hardware. I've been tempted to go Verizon in the past but their constant phone nightmare I'd what drive me to stay with ATT.

I currently own the Samsung Note 2 through Verizon. It has been a very reliable phone with outstanding battery life as well. I just purchased the Note 4 for my son since he decided he had enough of the iPhone and feels that Android is the better choice for many reasons. I really like his phone now and want to trade mine in and upgrade to the Note 4 too. The size of the phone has never been a problem and the phone fits easily in one's front pants pocket. Samsung seems to make outstanding products.

LOL I just proof read my post and realize it sounds like I work for Samsung....I don't (wish i did), just a fanboy...

Another new Note 4 owner as of yesterday. I really had my heart set on a Nexus 6 to go with my Nexus 10. Unfortunately, I read about screen burn in and couldn't easily find anything other than a 32 GB model. I almost bought a Moto X, but it appears to have the same screen issue and storage limit.

I'd prefer better speakers, but I'm liking the Note 4 so far. But to be honest, it's already better than the Windows Phone I replaced. Overally, the Samsung software seems to be well done.

Another plus is the Note 4 is a huge market so every app that was no longer supported in Lollipop on the Nexus 10, works on the Note 4.

I think there is still maybe a 30% chance of root being found. It took a while for the S3/S4 (at least safestrap), but I don't think any exploit was found on S5/Note 3, so they may have fixed any loopholes.

I do miss Xposed as well, but you have to consider that soon enough TouchWiz based on L will be here and that won't have an option to use Dalvik, hence no more Xposed.

anyone needing a new Note 4 Bestbuy is doing $299 + $100 GC for BB.

anyone needing a new Note 4 Bestbuy is doing $299 + $100 GC for BB.
Link? When I go to the white verizon note 4 on bestbuys site I dont see any gift card mentioned. I'd like to finally get a note 4 and keep my UDP by using my old sim.

I really liked the Note 4 (T-Mo) I tried and almost kept it. I didn't care for the touch pen, though, and wouldn't have used it had I kept the phone. Owning a Note without using the pen seemed kinda counter-productive, so I returned it. I'm now looking toward the M9 and S6 in 2015.

$150 at amazon with 2 year which is better than best buy, problem is I have this new crappy family shared plan with sprint and none of these deals ever seem to apply to that.

Sooo deal update. Apparently the Note 4 is free if:
1) Comcast customer
2) verizon customer

Don't know specifics but offer valid till 1/09 and u have to order thru Comcast website

1) Comcast customer
2) verizon customer

Don't know specifics but offer valid till 1/09 and u have to order thru Comcast website

I'll look into this tomorrow, I'm ATT but I received an Email about this phone and something with Comcast. But I'm going to bed :p

Is there any way to make more apps compatible with multi-window? I know there's an Xposed module for this but there's no root on my Verizon model.

This is a very sad sight to my eyes :(
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-att/development

Not even basic Root yet :rolleyes: Phone has been out for 2+ months and ZERO development for ATT users :( Nothing but tumble weeds blowing, and crickets chirping.

F u ATT.

Thank God I have my OnePlus One, this phone is a beast, especially running CM12 already. But would be open and tempted to go to the Note 4 is I could root it, and install ROM's. But I am on ATT, which does have excellent service in my area, and a very good plan = $130 / Month for 2 phones = Unlimited minutes + Unlimited texts + 10GB Data, and rock solid stable network for me.

I'll pass on paying $700+ off contract for the Note 4. On ATT would be like $99 on my plan, but with no root = no way.

Last edited:
This is a very sad sight to my eyes :(
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-att/development

Not even basic Root yet :rolleyes: Phone has been out for 2+ months and ZERO development for ATT users :( Nothing but tumble weeds blowing, and crickets chirping.

F u ATT.

Thank God I have my OnePlus One, this phone is a beast, especially running CM12 already. But would be open and tempted to go to the Note 4 is I could root it, and install ROM's. But I am on ATT, which does have excellent service in my area, and a very good plan = $130 / Month for 2 phones = Unlimited minutes + Unlimited texts + 10GB Data, and rock solid stable network for me.

I'll pass on paying $700+ off contract for the Note 4. On ATT would be like $99 on my plan, but with no root = no way.

Did anyone honestly expect any different?

Srsly,the bounty on Note 3 is still unclaimed.

Its the sad reality, if you have VZW/ATT you have to compromise. I have to use VZW because of service issues, so I've resigned myself to no root.

Or you can go TMobile and get a signal booster for calls.

Its the sad reality, if you have VZW/ATT you have to compromise. I have to use VZW because of service issues, so I've resigned myself to no root.

Or you can go TMobile and get a signal booster for calls.

Or vote with your wallet, and tell Samsung to take a flying leap of a cliff with their Knox crap and carrier specific SKU idiocy.

Or vote with your wallet, and tell Samsung to take a flying leap of a cliff with their Knox crap and carrier specific SKU idiocy.

I totally agree. But, I do own a Note 4, and have owned all since the original note. I happen to enjoy the phone enough ti deal with the carrier and manufacturer limitations.

1) Comcast customer
2) verizon customer

Comcast offers cell service now?

I totally agree. But, I do own a Note 4, and have owned all since the original note. I happen to enjoy the phone enough ti deal with the carrier and manufacturer limitations.

Yikes. Expensive hobby collecting Notes (at retail that is two house payments out here), you burn through them yearly or just soured of Note 3 quicker than the rest?

I (re)learned the lesson about voting with my wallet after the Note 2.

I'm awaiting the Samsung Galaxy S6. Metal build, new upgraded Super AMOLED tech, newer camera, etc.

I think Samsung has perfected the build of their phones. Can't get much better than the Galaxy Note 4 IMO.

I liked the HTC One M7 but they sort of ruined it with the glossy finish on the One M8.

For me, nothing comes close to the iPhone 6 and Galaxy Note 4 in terms of build quality.

Would've preferred space age materials like carbon nanotubes or something durable and ding/scratch proof instead basic metal/aluminum.

Back