Galaxy Note 4

It'll be unlocked, so you can use it on AT&T too and it'll support most, if not all bands on AT&T.

Really? The Verizon Note 4 only seems to support band 13 and 4. AT&T uses 2,4 and 17. I guess it would work in most places though since I assume 4 is the most used LTE band.

Got mine on the 24th with an otterbox defender case. Will wait to root (dont want to trip knox yet) Bell canadian version here. (no locked bootloader)

I bet the next galaxy note will be at least have a 6" screen. I'll bet u it will follow nexus 6.

They need to bring front facing speakers to their phones, they were one of the first to bring them to tablets and abandoned that design for some reason. I'm still torn between the Nexus 6 and Note 4 waiting for a solid Nexus 6 review my only concerns are the screen comparisons and camera quality the radios will be hands down better on the Nexus.

I bet the next galaxy note will be at least have a 6" screen. I'll bet u it will follow nexus 6.

The only reason the nexus phone is close to 6" is due to soft keys, they don't have hard keys leaving the screen space to be about 5.7" when including the keys.

Also Samsung has the mega which is 6.3".

64 bit is of little benefit to the mobile computing world, Imo.

Not to rehash this argument in depth, but the appeal right now isn't 64-bit by itself (that only occasionally comes in handy); it's the improved performance that comes with the architecture bringing 64-bit to market. That's part of why a dual-core, 1.4GHz Apple A8 can outperform quad-core, higher-clocked Snapdragon 801 chips.

Not to rehash this argument in depth, but the appeal right now isn't 64-bit by itself (that only occasionally comes in handy); it's the improved performance that comes with the architecture bringing 64-bit to market. That's part of why a dual-core, 1.4GHz Apple A8 can outperform quad-core, higher-clocked Snapdragon 801 chips.

Are you implying that chip makers no longer design 32bit chips so all of their architecture is several years old?

64-bit is about addressable memory, period. Any performance gains due to design could be equally gained on a 32bit chip.

Are you implying that chip makers no longer design 32bit chips so all of their architecture is several years old?

64-bit is about addressable memory, period. Any performance gains due to design could be equally gained on a 32bit chip.
No, what he is saying is the different instruction set is the reason why the 64bit processors will perform vastly better. It doesn't have much to do with the addressable memory as most smartphones will not have more than 4 GB (max limit of 32bit) if not 3 in the foreseeable future.

Think of it like intel jumping from the old pentium architecture to the core architecture. The new instruction set is more efficient.

64bit is that it just so happens that the new instruction set is a 64bit one.

ARM supplies all technology in the ARM world. From here on out ARM is only supplying 64 bit supported architecture.

If you want to make a 32 bit chip you will be using their supplied logic that is several years old.

No, what he is saying is the different instruction set is the reason why the 64bit processors will perform vastly better. It doesn't have much to do with the addressable memory as most smartphones will not have more than 4 GB (max limit of 32bit) if not 3 in the foreseeable future.

Think of it like intel jumping from the old pentium architecture to the core architecture. The new instruction set is more efficient.

Also, Apple has been releasing the iPhone with a 64-bit Ax chip as well. In a way, I see that as phone manufacturers trying to keep up with them in the hardware realm. Android already has Apple on its knees with many functions that iOS users don't even have.

Note 4 is a bad buy. Apple is forcing devs to make only 64bit apps, and the fact that majorty of android apps are ios ports means that future apps are incompatible. Unless Google somehow converts developers to let Android eat first, which is high unlikrly.

You dont understand how porting works at all...

While I'm not a professional chip designer, I do have a degree in CE. The instruction sets are not too different with the exception of the number of addressable temporary registers and their size. There are workarounds in 32bit that increase the number of temporary registers so its not accurate to say 64 bit performs vastly better than 32 bit simply because of the number of addressable registers. The perceived speed of a processor is dependent on how much data can be stored close to the processor, the further away it is, the higher the time cost, This is why I suggest that the biggest benefit of 64 bit is memory size.

**gets off soap box**

While obviously that's true, but what we're saying here is that ARM v8 instruction set is way better than ARM v7 instruction set, and even if ARM v8 could be made into 32bit, it will still perform way better than ARM v7. It's not merely a 32bit vs 64bit. And AMD's K10 architecture is also "not too different" than Bulldozer either.

Snapdragon 810 will be a game changer, its a a true next gen chip like the 800, whereas the 801/805 are just incremental improvements that mostly matter to heavy game players, the only real improvement in those was the battery life.

ARM v8 + smaller manufacturing process + 64-bit will bring gains to every aspect of your smartphone.

Snapdragon 810 will be a game changer, its a a true next gen chip like the 800, whereas the 801/805 are just incremental improvements that mostly matter to heavy game players, the only real improvement in those was the battery life.

ARM v8 + smaller manufacturing process + 64-bit will bring gains to every aspect of your smartphone.
I thought about getting a Nexus 6, but come next spring, I'll be getting a new phone... So, nah! Now if Google/Moto releases a "Nexus 64" (aka N64) next spring, I'm definitely in. So for now, I'm keeping my HTC One M8 and Nexus 5.

64-bit means nothing for phones. It is the other architectural improvements that matter.

The significant performance improvement will be from having ART ahead-of-time compiler enabled by default in Android Lollipop, more superscaler design allowing more instruction execution per cycle, larger L1 and L2 caches, eMMC 5 interface, etc. and not so much from the increase to 64-bit.

Last edited:
Note 4 real review. Mirrors how I feel about the Note series. Lag he's running into is probably more of a memory issue considering QHD takes up more of the shared 3GB memory. Don't know if he's disabled any of the unneeded services and bloat as that helps on my Note II and 3.

http://youtu.be/qdYuj2NSZZ0

Note 4 real review. Mirrors how I feel about the Note series. Lag he's running into is probably more of a memory issue considering QHD takes up more of the shared 3GB memory. Don't know if he's disabled any of the unneeded services and bloat as that helps on my Note II and 3.

http://youtu.be/qdYuj2NSZZ0

Wow, that's some serious freezing and lagging. I won't go back to Samsung until they scale back Touchwiz a significant amount. After I got rid of the stock ROM on my Galaxy S3 and put SlimKat on it, it was nearly flawless in terms of smoothness, which was pretty good, considering it was more than 2 years old before I stopped using it.

Wow, that's some serious freezing and lagging. I won't go back to Samsung until they scale back Touchwiz a significant amount. After I got rid of the stock ROM on my Galaxy S3 and put SlimKat on it, it was nearly flawless in terms of smoothness, which was pretty good, considering it was more than 2 years old before I stopped using it.

i think TW launcher is root of evil on that
i use google launcher instead of TW launcher and i have not experienced freezing lag like that

I played with a Note 4 at a Best Buy. It had a tiny bit of lag in some places, but it wasn't do to memory. More than half of it's 3GB was still free. Blame Touchwiz.

My note 3 broke, had an upgrade so I got the G3 due to the price. Boy, what a mistake. Now I'm trying to trade my G3 plus cash for a Note 4. Anyone have one through Verizon they don't like? :)

My note 3 broke, had an upgrade so I got the G3 due to the price. Boy, what a mistake. Now I'm trying to trade my G3 plus cash for a Note 4. Anyone have one through Verizon they don't like? :)

What did you not like about the LG G3 and made you want the note 4 instead?

Thanks,

Im waiting to jump ship from an 5S to the Note 4. However everything points me to iOS upgrade to the 6 or plus as the att carrier shop i get my phones from are offering blazing hot deals on everything but the N4.

G3 is a great phone, actually one that is a good replacement for those considering a Nexus 6. Seems very fluid, nice in the hand (didnt like the rear buttons but i guess it helps wiht one hand operation).

Really? The Verizon Note 4 only seems to support band 13 and 4. AT&T uses 2,4 and 17. I guess it would work in most places though since I assume 4 is the most used LTE band.

Does anyone know of a work arounds to enable such bands like they did with the n3

Does anyone know of a work arounds to enable such bands like they did with the n3

You probably have better luck on XDA but if doable it probably involves enabling it via hidden service menu or using alternative baseband radio firmware.

I was able to go in store and handle the Galaxy Note 4 the other day.

The Galaxy Note 4 is a HUGE improvement over any Galaxy series smartphone. The sides feel absolutely premium.. it's extremely well-engineered metal.

The back also feels more premium than the Galaxy Note 3 for some reason. The leatherette finish feels "tighter"? No better way to describe it.

What did you not like about the LG G3 and made you want the note 4 instead?

Thanks,

It was laggy until I changed the window, transition and animator scale from 1.0x to .5x. It's not nearly as laggy as it was. I don't like the texting compared to the Note 3 and all in all, I'm just a Samsung fan bay. I have Samsung appliances and TV's in my house. I miss my Note 3 :( but I decided to man it up and wait for the Note 5, lol.

My daughter wanted a new phone, so I gave her my S5 and picked up a N4. With a few tweaks, disables, WOW this is fast. Also my battery life is amazing. After a full days use, I was only down to 70%. That's with texts, several phone calls and the music player playing about 6 hours.

Hey, I have a Note 2 & LOVE it...

My question is - in the last 437 posts - does anyone who owns one - NOT like the Note 4 ?

Check out bfads.net

And again I have to ask where is the deal. LOL ive already seen the ad scans

Basically if your a qualified buyer you can get the note 4 on a Payment plan with $0 down and a $50 gift card. Thats not really a deal for me persay. The note 4 launched with basically for $10 on launch at BB with a trade in. Thats a better deal then the payment plan and $50 gift card.

Hey, I have a Note 2 & LOVE it...

My question is - in the last 437 posts - does anyone who owns one - NOT like the Note 4 ?

The Note 4's build quality is a million times better than previous Galaxy smartphones, even including the Note 3 and S5.

The Note 4 uses high quality well-machined metal on the sides and the back feels much tighter and premium than the one used on the Note 3 for some reason.

No more cheap plastic edges. If you have the Note 2, I think it's time to pick up the Note 4.

Back