G34 extraspicey

if you're sure they are a good match, I would go for it

100% sure... I have same ram 2 diff model numbers but same specs ...

they fold just fine together... and one of those model numbers are what I am bidding on now...

Grabbed one...What's the general consensus on G34s? I've briefly read some of the G34 threads, but haven't delved too much into it. I know there seemed to be some excitement over the new BD chips slated for release. Current funding doesn't allow a complete build (needed to order some stuff from NewEgg on my prefered account so thought what the heck) but in a few months, I should be ready to drop some money on BD...

13:55 in tri-chan mode... we shall see if it holds steady

at stock tri-chan is ~ 1:40 slower than quad...

Just noticed those Asus mobos are OOS. My wallet rejoices.

Just noticed those Asus mobos are OOS. My wallet rejoices.

Not sure if I would go open box versus a Supermicro H8DGU-F or Tyan S8230GM4NR-DL which are both sub $400 boards. Most people do not buy dual G34 boards unless they know what they are doing, so one wonders why they got returned. Then again, I cannot say I was not at least tempted :)

seems to be holding steady at 13:53 tpf for 6901
~120k ppd

should be quite amazing with quad channel...I am literally starving one of the hex modules in each cpu right now... adds 1:40 tpf at stock... I am sure much more at nigh double clock...

guys at amd zone got me up in a few post... just have to toggle p-states to get the settings to kick in... you can't change pstate0 when on it... you have to change it... pop to pstate 1 then back to 0 and its live...

~420watts at 3.2ghz 1.35v I might try 1.325 later... see if I can decrease power draw.
so far 8 hours full load.... :)

Grabbed one...What's the general consensus on G34s? I've briefly read some of the G34 threads, but haven't delved too much into it. I know there seemed to be some excitement over the new BD chips slated for release. Current funding doesn't allow a complete build (needed to order some stuff from NewEgg on my prefered account so thought what the heck) but in a few months, I should be ready to drop some money on BD...

Board showed up today. Everything in the box, looks like nothing was opened. All the bags with the IO Shield, cables and what-not were still all sealed...

Gimme a couple of months and I'll get this bad-boy running.

Nice. Sounds like a good buy.
Posted via Mobile Device

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes I do...Hopefully use my insurance settlement money from my car accident to grab a pair of bulldozers when they come out.

Tho a motherboard just sitting there without chips in it is sort of a travesty.

@3.1ghz quad channel... I may push it more later... putting sinks on chokes and vrms...

2684 14:30 ~120k ppd
6901 10:42 ~175k ppd (first frame)

Thanks musky for sharing with a low ppd'er like me.

BTW if you want I also picked up two dual socket G34's. I may keep one and sell one after I review them next week. Guessing you are looking quad though.

Yes I do...Hopefully use my insurance settlement money from my car accident to grab a pair of bulldozers when they come out.

Tho a motherboard just sitting there without chips in it is sort of a travesty.

ill let you know if I find anything when scrap digging lol...

@3.1ghz quad channel... I may push it more later... putting sinks on chokes and vrms...

2684 14:30 ~120k ppd
6901 10:42 ~175k ppd (first frame)

That's almost exactly what my FOUR 6168s were getting on BigAdv in Windows. I think I was getting 13:50 on P2684 and 10:30 - 10:35 on P690x.

Pretty fierce Patriot!

Part of me wants to pair two of these 6172s you guys have linked off Ebay with the two Black Edition chips I have and run 'em at 2.1Ghz but I'm still waiting on BD for now.

Wow thats a good deal, does this board work with the utilities that let ES chips overclock?

You don't need a special board to run ES chips at different speeds because they are multi-unlocked.

It's certain other boards with the locked multi retail chips that need utilities specific for those boards, like my H8QGi-F from StupidMicro.

I'm finally going to be able to do this on the weekend since I upgraded my case cooling.

That's almost exactly what my FOUR 6168s were getting on BigAdv in Windows. I think I was getting 13:50 on P2684 and 10:30 - 10:35 on P690x.

Pretty fierce Patriot!

Part of me wants to pair two of these 6172s you guys have linked off Ebay with the two Black Edition chips I have and run 'em at 2.1Ghz but I'm still waiting on BD for now.

lol.... its loads of fun... but from what I understand I got overly lucky getting to 3ghz let alone over... working on stabilizing at 3.2ghz ... that puts me another 40s faster and 20k ppd more or 195k on a 6901 :)

You don't need a special board to run ES chips at different speeds because they are multi-unlocked.

It's certain other boards with the locked multi retail chips that need utilities specific for those boards, like my H8QGi-F from StupidMicro.

I'm finally going to be able to do this on the weekend since I upgraded my case cooling.

nope nothing special... phenommrs tweaker for windows or tpc (turionpowercontrol) for linux.... I have an unreleased fixed version from tear and sfield if anyone gets an unlocked chip... its kinda cool to be playing with the masters of g34...

lol.... its loads of fun... but from what I understand I got overly lucky getting to 3ghz let alone over... working on stabilizing at 3.2ghz ... that puts me another 40s faster and 20k ppd more or 195k on a 6901 :)

nope nothing special... phenommrs tweaker for windows or tpc (turionpowercontrol) for linux.... I have an unreleased fixed version from tear and sfield if anyone gets an unlocked chip... its kinda cool to be playing with the masters of g34...

One thing I realize I didn't ask, are you tweaking vcore in the app or in bios? If its in bios I could be a bit hosed if Tyan doesn't offer the same options at Asus.

Either way, can't wait to get it up and running.:D

One thing I realize I didn't ask, are you tweaking vcore in the app or in bios? If its in bios I could be a bit hosed if Tyan doesn't offer the same options at Asus.

Either way, can't wait to get it up and running.:D

all tweaking done in TPC

2 ppl from here have quite a few.... muscoughpjken

First off... I have no knowledge of what you are talking about...

Second... Even if I did have knowledge thereof... I would not have bought more than eight of them.

Third... Even if I did have knowledge thereof... and even if I did not buy more than eight... there are others that may have.

Back