free tree

:cool: got mine this weekend. took about 2 - 3 weeks from the day i ordered it.

Now, I just need to find a spot to plant the little guy. Until then the spruce is chillin in the fridge.

Has anybody filled out the coupon that comes with it and got their next 10 trees?

Got my lil Douglas Fir yesterday. Im gonna put it in a pot and let it grow up a bit before I plant it in the yard though. THX as always TTP ;)

got my tree!!!
mylittletree.JPG

EDIT: God - my deck looks like ass... note to self, paint deck!!

Nice potted tree there revenant. :cool:

Probably going to train mine as a bonsai, if it ever arrives. Had a really nice Silver Maple
bonsai that I twisted in funky directions. But my stupid girlfriend forgot to water it while I was
on vacation and it dried up.

Thanks! yeah, my girlfriend works for Smith & Hawken, so we have lots if gardening "stuffs"... I have a much larger pot for the tree when it hits adolescence. *sniffle* they grow up so fast... heh, not really.. ;)

Everfalling said:
hey revenant, nice waterside porch :)

Thanks! I love our little spot here on the bay... it's gets VERY windy sometimes, but when the weather is nice it's a little slice of "uhhh-HUH!" :D

Ordered my Pompous Oak. I wonder how they are going to fit it in my mailbox at the center (I'm in college).

I can see what they are going to say: "A tree, who orders a tree for their dorm, in the middle of Fall?"

This will be great, I'm gonna take a picture of their faces. :D

I was just doubting yesterday taht it wouldnt come and what do you know looks like a poster came in the mail but it was a nice little baby OAK.

"America's Tree" it says

She'll grow strong once I go get a bucket

Mine finallly came... the same day that Hurricane Ophelia was hitting our area (it actually came south of us, but we were starting to get wind/rain/dire forcasts). So, two days later I planted it (we had it in the sink, under a light). I've watered every day since.

However, she's not looking good... I don't think the little tree is going to make it :(

Got mine today.

I find it odd that I could care less for any other tree but this little bugger get's water every day and possibly a night light.

I need to move it out of my maker's mark mixing glass lol.

russianspy1234 said:
mine died :'(

I'll let it go through the spring, but I think mine did, too... after I posted yesterday, I noticed that it had dropped it's last leaf. It never looked particularly healthy, so I think the poor guy never had a chance. Maybe if it hadn't come at the same time as a hurricane, so we could have planted it that day.... :(

Are the branches still pliable? Or do they seem like they are dry & would snap easily?

If the former, the tree may have been forced into it's winter dormancy period by
the shipping process. Like you said, let it go to the spring & see if it comes back.

If the latter it's probably history. Especially if the main trunk seems dry.

Ordered. Hopefully, I'll get me oak soon. And I wonder how it will compare to my old bamboo plant, hidden in my closet, no natural light at all, but some florescent light every other day. Lasted atleast a half a year till I went away for a month with no way to refill its water every week. Came back to a browning left and stem, which started to build up this snow like white stuff. Had to throw it out...

just got mine :)

Just one yellow leaf, the rest are all green green green green.

Hopefully it'll survive fall and winter :)

I ordered mine. I said I got my "tuneup kit" from Home Depot. Whatever. I have a 250watt HPS that could boost its growth speed if I take care of it.

Just got mine a few days ago. I thought it wouldn't come. The leaves are dry but it may be that dormancy period ppl talked about earlier.

Back